2016/07 July babies

For fetal movement, I read somewhere that from a certain wk, we are supposed to count each day how long it takes to feel 10 kicks. no need to count throughout the day.

Anyone keeps getting woken up by kicks or punches? This bb like very strong, keeps jolting me awake in middle of night.
Redvel - in this case, maybe I need to cut down on my cold drinks, hopefully can make bb less excited.

My tummy keeps hardening like more than 10 times a day.

Not like this with #1. This braxton hicks like very serious. Is it normal?

@misty - My tummy is hard all the time since bb is occupying all the space. When she moves to one side, my tummy jerks to that side. How do u tell when it's hardening and when it's the baby? Actually I can't.even tell which are contractions and which are just Braxton Hicks. My doc put me on progesterone since two mths back as I hv preterm contractions. Till now, I.still.feel contractions from time to time, and they ate not totally painless. I hv no idea what they are.

Yes tuna. Mine likes to jolt me up while I'm sleeping.

Haha I guess cutting down the cold drinks and see how? Now I almost must have cold drinks daily. Especially on these horrid hotness day n night.

I also get many hardness in my tummy daily. Not even sure if this is BH. I don't feel like contraction down below. Just baby bump is hard suddenly but will deflate in seconds. Is this even BH?

Mine is painless but feel very heavy once tightened. Normal is sift and can push in a little. Hard is like somwhat hard rock. and heavy feeling like muscle tension like that.

I sign up the massage package for 7 session $520. I bought pigeon baby detergents and sabamed bubble bath. Anyone start packing your hospital bag? I wanna pack but feel so tired to do so. Didn't get a good sleep as my baby is very active in day and night. I didn't really go count the number of kick in a day but I roughly know what time my baby will start kicking so I just monitor the time. If the time my baby suppose to kick and yet he didn't, then I will try to wake him up but lightly tapping on my tummy. By the way, anyone have plan how to deal with your placenta? To throw it away or make into pill and consume ?

About to ask too for those popping at GlenE, what do they give (so that I don't have to pack)?

Won't be keeping the placenta nor keeping cord blood for me.

I don't mean don't have to pack...I meant don't have to buy for bb for her future use. My sis said she received quite few things for her twinnies from KKH.

Hello all~~
I just find this amazing group for July's mama.
My first baby is expected to be born in mid-July. Now is 31 weeks....
As I just arrived SG from HK to join my husband who is working here, I don't have DR here yet....
Do anyone have ideas of Parkway East Hospital ?? Isn't good? Any recommended doctor???

(I am quite nervous actually as this is my first baby and just settle my job in HK to come SG....)
Wish someone can give me some tips for dr!!! Many many thanks~~

Oh ya, haven pack my hospital bag yet.. But actually nth much to pack de. Juz a fresh set of clothes for myself, hp charger, comb..Wat else ah?

Coz I think all things will be provided in hospital.. Like maternity pad, the night gown that we wear also provided, a set of toiletries.. I also brought my breast pump there but nvr gotten to use it coz nurse say v little in initial stage. Ask me to latch or hand express out.

For bb, they will provide everything too.. Like diaper, if u need formula milk they also have.. Even before they discharge they will give a set of new clothings. Even though this is the case, think I bring another set of clothing and swaddle there.

For me I din keep my placenta.. Dunno if I dare to eat or not.. Think not la, very bloody leh.. I'm not keeping cord blood too.

Hello all~~
I just find this amazing group for July's mama.
My first baby is expected to be born in mid-July. Now is 31 weeks....
As I just arrived SG from HK to join my husband who is working here, I don't have DR here yet....
Do anyone have ideas of Parkway East Hospital ?? Isn't good? Any recommended doctor???

(I am quite nervous actually as this is my first baby and just settle my job in HK to come SG....)
Wish someone can give me some tips for dr!!! Many many thanks~~

Hi welcome Iris, I'm seeing dr Heng at peh n there's down mummies here seeing her too. Smiley n friendly dr but she's the type may not give advise unless u ask. 2nd pregnancy with her so I'm alright with that. Peh is actually a small private hospital but if u r living in e east , it will be the convenient hospital for u n ur checkup

I haven't pack my hospital bag but have written a list of things... Peh doesn't provide bb clothes but mostly r my own personal items n not keeping placenta though I contemplated cos I hate swallowing pills.

I sign up the massage package for 7 session $520. I bought pigeon baby detergents and sabamed bubble bath. Anyone start packing your hospital bag? I wanna pack but feel so tired to do so. Didn't get a good sleep as my baby is very active in day and night. I didn't really go count the number of kick in a day but I roughly know what time my baby will start kicking so I just monitor the time. If the time my baby suppose to kick and yet he didn't, then I will try to wake him up but lightly tapping on my tummy. By the way, anyone have plan how to deal with your placenta? To throw it away or make into pill and consume ?

Did u sign up with a private masseur for ur massage ?

I am with PEH too. The last time they gave a baby top. So, it's best to bring your own baby things in preparation for discharge like swaddle, babay cap, romper mittens etc.

What are the items provided for KKH? Any mommies has any ideas?
My appetite has been decreasing after I step into my third trimester, will it affect bb growth?

Yea mine is private massage lady. Here is her packages:

5 session $ 400
7 session $ 520
10 session $ 700

Include :
Herbal oil
Slimming lotion
Jamu herbs for tummy and forehead
Binder

Massage 60min
Binding 15min

I'm delivering at tmc. I rem last 2 pregnancy I juz wear their hospital gown.. Not wearing my own night gown. Theirs is easy for breast feeding

Oh maybe I got the wrong info haha that's good they have provide.. Mount A didn't .. Have to bring my own night gown

Bringing nursing cover. Oh, I'm going to bring along an empty mineral water bottle to pour water from when peeing after delivery so it doesn't sting so much. Planning to register birth at hospital, so will bring along marriage cert too.
Something very important to me, concealer, to cover my dark circles!

Whahah I'm surely bringing some cosmetics.

For those natural birth before, did you stay at hospital one or two nights, or more?

@redvel - me too, lol!

Stayed 2 nights both times. Had a dream abt 2 mths back, that hospital discharged me right after birth. Was so upset in the dream as well as when I woke up. Haha!
I look fwd to choosing menu for each meal, think they offer western, Chinese, confinement and something else, can't rem.

Hi welcome Iris, I'm seeing dr Heng at peh n there's down mummies here seeing her too. Smiley n friendly dr but she's the type may not give advise unless u ask. 2nd pregnancy with her so I'm alright with that. Peh is actually a small private hospital but if u r living in e east , it will be the convenient hospital for u n ur checkup

thanks for your reply.
For Dr Heng, isn't Dr. Heng Tung Lan?? Do you know her cost for delivery?

I am with PEH too. The last time they gave a baby top. So, it's best to bring your own baby things in preparation for discharge like swaddle, babay cap, romper mittens etc.
Hello~~ which dr you used last time?? Are you recommended for me? May I know his/her cost for delivery?

May I know the normal practice to deal with the placenta in SG? First time for me there are choice to keep it....for what's used?

Any one is taking care by KKH from Dr. Jerry Chan or Dr. Khoo Chong Kiat?
These two doctors are recommended by KKH general hotline for me. So, wanna know more about them.

Tuna: y need nursing cover? Juz pull the curtain and nurse bb la.. I think bb feel uncomfortable under nursing cover. That day my sis breastfeed her bb under the nursing cover then after the feed, the bb hair is wet with sweat.. Haha

For tmc, normally there is a hose for u to wash after we pee. Normally I will use that and spray water gently there and after wash, will apply the antiseptic that is given by the hospital.

I stayed 2 nites for both my girls -natural birth coz that one is a package. But actually for the first nite, my gynae ask me to check in after 1030pm to stay one more nite there foc but I couldn't endure the pain ard 6 plus and went in hospital earlier. So that day also being charged one day..

For the menu, tot we should choose only confinement food since we started on our confinement after birth? So far nvr choose other food. But it's a good idea hor since my mum and mum in law sure bring some of her home cooked confinement food. I will try western food for one of the day.. I'm so looking forward to their fish soup. So yummy!!

Iris: for placenta, u can choose to keep it and make into pills and eat it as they say eating placenta will make u look younger. Some medical hall in Singapore will help u make the placenta into pills..
If u dun intend to eat them, then no point keeping it and will juz throw away. I did not keep for my 1st 2 bb and dun intend to keep for this too.. It's juz too bloody to keep it for me..

@Iris Fung Don't remember Dr Heng charges exactly. I go check out this Fri and update you. She's not ex for a popular doctor. I'm going for natural and should be around $2k.

You ladies so funny, still bring make up. I'll just rest and sleep man. And I wash myself after peeing every time. So scary to wash and feel the stitches also....

Oh ya lor... U sure u all will bring make up?? Then still need to wash away the make up at the end of every night.. So ma fan.. No one will be visiting me except family member so I think no make up for me.. Haha
Think breastfeed the bb at night will make me feel damn tired liao.. Won't have time to think abt the make up

My appetite has been decreasing after I step into my third trimester, will it affect bb growth?
I have the opposite problem! My appetite has increased, but heartburn and acid reflux returned :( for you, do u think u can try to eat smaller but increased meals? Snack on crackers and milk/fruit?

Have you done your third trimester detailed scan yet? Check w ur doc or dietitian on how to manage your meals ba? I think as long as your baby growing healthily should be OK, don't worry so much :)

Lol@makeup, the only beauty regime I am gonna take care of before birth is to cut my hair short so I don't have to worry about smelling my stinky sweaty hair after birth XD

@tuna Good call on the water bottle "bidet"! I will do that too!

@Iris Fung at KKH, there is an option to donate cord blood to the cord blood bank if you decide not to keep the placenta. I am opting to donate, and can only sign after week 32, all they need is mother's consent, and the doc will take a sample of the mother's blood, as well as all the necessary procedures for procuring the cord blood.

So, an update after today's detailed scan @29w6d :)

Bubbles is a hefty 1.78 kgs!!! Doc says she is still within normal range, but since I have GD, still have to monitor closely. Doc also asked me to monitor kicks, approximately 20 and more kicks a day is good, just that some babies only kick at certain times of the day, so don't be too worried unless baby really slow down significantly, then go straight in for checkup.

Otherwise, everything seems good! I was so relieved I went shopping in place of a celebratory cheat snack. Nesting is in full swing and going to United Square is just asking for trouble :9 but sharing is caring, so.... P_20160511_154820.jpg

Lol cotton on kids having sale, many items 50% off, I got this whole bunch for $21!

I am a cheapo when it comes to clothes since they outgrow them so fast, but I justified this purchase due to the fact that bb might be larger than expected, and we only have mostly newborn clothes ready XD

If I could make up to go delivery room I would. Wanna take pic with bb mah haha. But I know have to be al naturale la. Need to remove my nail polishes in due time too.

Done with 3rd trime scan. Bb is at 50percent percentile. 1.8kg. All looks fine. Her head is already sitting on my cervix. Now I know where her spine and butt are too.

Make up before going into labour? Hahahah. and use make up remover wipes.

But seriously, make up will be the last thing on my mind. I wanna rest and breastfeed in a less painful manner, hopefully. :p

Found the hospital spray rather strong, easier on stitches if I pour water.

@ snowfern - actually I prefer long hair during confinement. After washing, can tie or bun up. So at least my neck is free of hair.

@ verluv - I was thinking with nursing cover, at least if there are visitors when it's feeding time, can just drape cover over and continue yakking. Else must chase visitors away, so pai say. And I rem the feeding in the first few days is almost non-stop, like every hour or slightly more than that. That's why the dark circles scary la, really need concealer.
Your sister's bb really can perspire sia. Hospital quite cold still can have whole head wet, haha.

On food, I think I had western almost all the time as I figured I'll be stuck with confinement food for one mth, might as well eat others while I could.

If I could make up to go delivery room I would. Wanna take pic with bb mah haha. But I know have to be al naturale la. Need to remove my nail polishes in due time too.

Done with 3rd trime scan. Bb is at 50percent percentile. 1.8kg. All looks fine. Her head is already sitting on my cervix. Now I know where her spine and butt are too.

Must remove nail polishes? Why? And I was thinking of going for a pedicure before popping so I hv nice looking toenails. Ya, I very hiao, lol!
Does ur pubic bone hurt now that bb's head is sitting on ur cervix? Mine has been hurting, and she wasn't even head down at last check.

Haha few meals of indulgence won't hurt, during confinement.

During delivery/surgery, our natural nail color can be one of the first tell tale signs of complication (maybe turn purple because example no blood flow?).

I went for my last pedicure yesterday, before my bb arrival :)

Oh as for the pelvic pressure, yes it's there. Especially if i stand too long. I did ask the sonographer if my bb is too low. She says no, looks fine.

Anyone planning to put bb at infant care? After discussion with inlaws, looks like infant care is the choice after maternity leave.

Went to enquire just now. The Centre is just opposite my inlaws' place. Costs 1.9k. Hin. If I read correctly on the subsidy website, govt covers $600? Not very good at reading details.

Anyone planning to put bb at infant care? After discussion with inlaws, looks like infant care is the choice after maternity leave.

Went to enquire just now. The Centre is just opposite my inlaws' place. Costs 1.9k. Hin. If I read correctly on the subsidy website, govt covers $600? Not very good at reading details.
Hi will be putting my baby in infant care, yes working mum has $600 subsidy

It depends on household income right? The calculations seems a little complicated to me, haha...

I think IFC is $600 but childcare depends on household income.

Thanks.

That's why I don't like to read details heh.

I think there are additional subsidy on top of the standard subsidy, that's where the income thing comes into calculation. Not very sure. Will know when the time comes.

Back