2016/07 July babies

Definitely I don't feel her everyday either. Don't worry your bb must be moving a lot without you knowing, especially when you're busy with the day. I find myself feeling her most on days when I'm resting/working from home.

Definitely I don't feel her everyday either. Don't worry your bb must be moving a lot without you knowing, especially when you're busy with the day. I find myself feeling her most on days when I'm resting/working from home.

I felt movements quite early ard week 14 then didn't really felt them for ard 2 weeks which got me paranoid, then from 16 weeks onwards can feel bb daily, mostly when I'm laying on my left or slouching on the sofa legs raised . If I go out Jalan hardly will feel bb moving

@Deceptionist what are you choosing them for? The breast pumping system or just milk bottles? I bought the Tommee Tippee set during the last Mothercare sale. My sis say its not bad, so I followed her recommendations.

@Deceptionist what are you choosing them for? The breast pumping system or just milk bottles? I bought the Tommee Tippee set during the last Mothercare sale. My sis say its not bad, so I followed her recommendations.
I intend to get the bundle for the TT steriliser set w bottles. But I will only get this set if I can decide to use TT manual pump. But I read some reviews saying both pros and cons so couldn't decide. Your sis bought the pump set or ?

I intend to get the bundle for the TT steriliser set w bottles. But I will only get this set if I can decide to use TT manual pump. But I read some reviews saying both pros and cons so couldn't decide. Your sis bought the pump set or ?
No, my sis did not recommend the pump set for both TT and Avents. Instead, she used Spectre. She asked me to consider Medela if its within my budget, but I havnt discussed with my hubby yet.

No, my sis did not recommend the pump set for both TT and Avents. Instead, she used Spectre. She asked me to consider Medela if its within my budget, but I havnt discussed with my hubby yet.
So she uses the bottle set + steriliser? Medela is definitely out of my budget ):

The detailed scan was not very good. Found that my bb is considered small then my gynae shifted my edd to one week later. I dunno what does it means but I hope that does not mean that I have to eat more. I have put one 1 kg over 2 weeks!

Other than that my princess is healthy and she is quite cooperative. The detailed scan took abt 30-45 mins. It's very nice seeing the screen while the sonographer scan her!

@verluv how many kg have u put on since pregnant? My last visit at weeks 18, gynae told me it's too early to measure baby weight

Hi All my edd is 29july. Is there any facebook and whatapps group created for july mummies? If yes how can i be added to them? Thanks.

Thanks for sharing verluv.

Good to hear your princess is healthy. I also have a feeling mine is on the small side. Will see what happens this wed. I've gained max just 2kg now that I've hit 20weeks. But I guess my weight gain goes to the bb so far as I can still wear my pre preg clothes (except pants which i only can't zip up).

Did your gynae ask you to eat more?

@Deceptionist hi deceptionist my fren is used avent before but it lowered her milk yield n caused block ducts hence she switched to spectra breast pump instead n e suction is so much better according to her

The detailed scan was not very good. Found that my bb is considered small then my gynae shifted my edd to one week later. I dunno what does it means but I hope that does not mean that I have to eat more. I have put one 1 kg over 2 weeks!

Other than that my princess is healthy and she is quite cooperative. The detailed scan took abt 30-45 mins. It's very nice seeing the screen while the sonographer scan her!

Hello, (My wild guess only ya) maybe the inital sonographer who gave the edd not so accuracy so your gynac decide to adjust your edd. Adjustment of edd do happen, just that in most case i know of, once it is fix, the doctor will not change it le.

Jia you.

Hi mummies, can check with all the mummies here what different things u did on the month that u strike? When did u start bd? Did u lay down on the bed for very long? Did u raise ur leg etc?

Actually I could rem my pre preg weight le.. And I have a big tummy bulging out. Maybe I'm too obsessed with my weight. My gynae din ask me to eat more. Juz ask me to eat whatever I like haha..

My mum has been nagging and saying I'm not eating a lot. But all you all ladies starting to eat a lot? I'm afraid of heartburn so im always abt 80% full. Dun dare to eat till full full.

But I went buffet last wed. I was so full till I think my tummy is so tight that it's exploding! So funny!

@verluv - I'm also very obsessed about my weight. Always very stressed just before stepping onto the scale before check up. My gynae only constantly nags at me to stop walking so fast, he's never said anything about food.
I'm usually abt 60% full max, otherwise the overly full feeling is awful, like the food is threatening to burst out from the chest. I can only think of buffet with longing. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Lol!!
Can't wait for baby to be out so i can stuff myself again.
My doc said my baby is in the breech position now, 16 more weeks to turn. Is anyone like that too?

Actually I'm quite confused. People keep encouraging me to eat but my doc wants me to keep a watch at my weight (he is very pro natural and doesn't wish for baby to be too big). I do enjoy my food now and have gone to a handful of buffets. I ate quite a lot but still don't really see much weight gain (I think I should be happy right haha).

My drink-glucose moment is on tomorrow followed by the detailed scan. I'm praying everything is going well.

Tuna, so usually which week then baby should turn to right position?

When u mentioned baby is small r u referring to the weight? May I ask how heavy is ur baby? Hmm it's along wait till my detailed scan at nearly week 22! I'm already week 20 n last visit gynae mentioned bb not big sized too at 300g but I gain more in that one month

Actually I'm quite confused. People keep encouraging me to eat but my doc wants me to keep a watch at my weight (he is very pro natural and doesn't wish for baby to be too big). I do enjoy my food now and have gone to a handful of buffets. I ate quite a lot but still don't really see much weight gain (I think I should be happy right haha).

My drink-glucose moment is on tomorrow followed by the detailed scan. I'm praying everything is going well.

You should definitely be happy that you are eating well but wt gain is moderate.
I don't rem my doc telling me about the position for my first two. But yesterday he told me that, and said it's OK though, because at this age, they're constantly flipping around, but they should get into position by wk 36 latest.

Eat as per normal will be ok. Don't eat for two which people around us may say. Doesn't work that way. My current weight gain is around 1kg thus far, week 20. Happy with the weight, hopefully will be like last round, total weight gain around 6kg.

Oh, my gal turned at 30+ weeks last round. Can't rem exactly which week but definitely 30+.

I am also watching my weight so closely this pregnancy. I don't know why I am gaining si much faster than last time. only 19 + weeks and already gained 4.6kg!! but baby is only 291g. :(

Think gynae can tell that I am so concerned so she didn't say much this time around.

6kg gain shall be hopefully for me too.

I wonder : will the sonographer be able to tell you the age of the bb after the scan? I'm seeing my gynae only on Friday.

I am also watching my weight so closely this pregnancy. I don't know why I am gaining si much faster than last time. only 19 + weeks and already gained 4.6kg!! but baby is only 291g. :(

Think gynae can tell that I am so concerned so she didn't say much this time around.

Hi babe,

How did they calculate the weight gain. cos my base weight was taken on Week11 and I lost so much weight due to the vomitting
Now Im just back to my usual weight but they count that as weight gain lor :(

Yes I agree. For my first preg. I put on about 15kg and lost it all by breastfeeding even though I ate a lot.. Even went down to below pre preg weight during the process. Am still currently nursing my #1 while currently pregnant with #2 who is due in July.

I saw moms wondering what breast pumps to get. Spectra is pretty new and popular with moms now mainly due to the cost and how small it is. However, it is known not to last longer than 1 year..

I would recommend Medela breast pumps instead. Eg, freestyle or pump in style advance. The price may be higher than spectra but in the long run, it's more cost efficient. I used Medela PISA for my first until 15mths when I stopped pumping at work. It still works fine and currently on loan to a Cousin until I need it again for my pumping journey for #2.

Jiayou mummies!

@j_snow They calculated it based on my first visit to the gynae which was 8 weeks I think. Sadly, I didn't lose even though I was vomiting. In fact, I put on more weight than my 1st pregnancy in the 1st trimester even though I puke every other day. o_O

Oh so much to learn. My nesting instinct still hasn't kick in. Now still spending me time because I know once the fellow is out there will be none. Ha.

But I would hope to breastfeed as far as I can. But easier said than done perhaps. Have to weigh the situation when it comes.

Hi Redvel, it's good that you have the intention to breastfeed. It's a good start. Breastfeeding is a journey which is tough in the beginning. So you must be strong and determined in your decision. You may encounter comments which may discourage you. So you must prepare yourself. Preparation is half the battle won!
Read up more on newborn behaviour and breastfeeding. Www.kellymom.com is a good resource. You can also join forums like Fb grp SG Breastfeeding moms.

I'm now in my 2nd preg and still currently nursing my #1 since birth. Am planning to tandem nurse when #2 arrives. Am also a certified work place breastfeeding mentor so feel free to post your queries here!

I would say for all those who intend to breastfeed, your first few hours and days with your newborn is crucial. Get skin to skin immediately after baby is born and try to get baby to latch within the hour or so. Get the Nurses to help! Next crucial factor is to get your latch correct with the newborn at the hospital. Get help from the Nurses to teach you how. A good deep latch should not hurt. search Dr Jack Newman on YouTube for newborn breastfeeding videos. Don't worry if your milk doesn't come in immediately after birth. It takes 2-3 days for milk to set in. What you produce is clear liquid drops of gold called colostrum which is sufficient until then. The newborn stomach is really tiny. The size of a marble so drops or teaspoon amounts of the liquid gold is enough.

@j_snow They calculated it based on my first visit to the gynae which was 8 weeks I think. Sadly, I didn't lose even though I was vomiting. In fact, I put on more weight than my 1st pregnancy in the 1st trimester even though I puke every other day. o_O

oh dear, but since your doctor never raise any concern should be ok ba.
We can only be more careful with our diet. Im trying to avoid sweet stuff although i crave for them everyday like ice cream, waffle, bubble tea :p

Thanks plainmilk.

My sis (has twins and still bf-ing them now at 20months old) told me she'll be my pillar of support when it's my turn. Even if for some reason I decide not to continue, she will give me her moral support too. I haven't fully understood yet about support group for bf. I thought like wanna breastfeed then just feed lor. Heh I think it's really a mental/physical thing when it comes to the challenges on breastfeeding.

And if no milk on initially days, then baby drink formula first? I'm not sure if this question sounds stupid :p

My first trime I was craving badly for bubble tea. Once/twice a week. Now I can drink plain warm water and not much crave for sugary/cold stuff. But even if I do want bubble tea, it's always zero sugar and less ice.

Thanks plainmilk.

My sis (has twins and still bf-ing them now at 20months old) told me she'll be my pillar of support when it's my turn. Even if for some reason I decide not to continue, she will give me her moral support too. I haven't fully understood yet about support group for bf. I thought like wanna breastfeed then just feed lor. Heh I think it's really a mental/physical thing when it comes to the challenges on breastfeeding.

And if no milk on initially days, then baby drink formula first? I'm not sure if this question sounds stupid :p

My first trime I was craving badly for bubble tea. Once/twice a week. Now I can drink plain warm water and not much crave for sugary/cold stuff. But even if I do want bubble tea, it's always zero sugar and less ice.

That's great your sis can help and advise you on your journey!
Yes you are right. It's all in the mind. Have faith in yourself in your body and breasts. That's all you need to be able to feed your baby.
Yes theoretically u can give formula for the initial days. But baby must be fed formula by syringe or cup and not bottle in the early weeks. However giving formula would not help ur milk to come in at all. To stimulate ur milk, baby needs to suckle at the breast. So the key would be nurse on demand or every 2-3hourly by the breast. No bottles at all until breastfeeding latch is well established. Both mummy and baby are learning how to nurse. It takes time and you need to be patient and persistent.

The scan shows everything in place and measurement within range except legs kinda long. Puzzled because me and hubby ain't tall :p

I'm marked 20w 1d and bb is 337g.

Thats' great, you are going to have a tall baby.

My #1 was small but had a longer than average femur length and she's in the 75th percentile now. I'm only 154cm. :|

Can I ask what is percentile? I always see this mentioned but can't make out what the numbers mean. Does it mean higher then its better?

I went for my detailed scan last week when I was 20 weeks 2 days. My bb weight is only 265g! So the sonographer says my bb too small. Ask me when was my last menses but I really could remember. Then I went back to gynae and he adjust my edd to one week later.
I'm also walking very fast and sometimes I can feel pulling pain. Maybe I should slow down my pace.
As for bb, when the sonographer was scanning she told me bb head is at the top, below my breast.. Haha so I dun think bb turn so fast ba. Anyway we r all half way through le! So Jia you ba!

I went for detailed scan today too! Based on my original Edd I am 19w6d today. Baby has a big tummy ! 341g.
Next visit 4 weeks later need to do the gestation diabetics test
Kinda dread drinking the sweet drink

Indeed... Congrats to the virtual friends here. We have made it halfway.

My bb head is at the bottom. Sonographer joked "oh this year is monkey right? No wonder". Because my fellow moved a lot during the session.

The glucose test (GTT) wasn't as bad as I thought. I thought needed to drink 3 x 75ml of sugar drink. But it's only one bottle. It tastes like sprite with no bubbles. However for that stretch of 3hrs I have to be pricked 3x for blood samples.

Can I ask what is percentile? I always see this mentioned but can't make out what the numbers mean. Does it mean higher then its better?
I try to explain. If your baby is at the 50th percentile, it means amongst the population of babies of that age range, yours is right in the middle i.e. average. If yours is 75th percentile, it means yours is bigger than around 3/4 of the other babies of that age i.e. above average
If at the 90th percentile, that means yours is smaller than only 10% i.e. well above national average. Really quite big!
Both my girls were around the 10th-20th percentile for all the weight measurements when they were babies all the way to toddlerhood. They were small.

Indeed... Congrats to the virtual friends here. We have made it halfway.

My bb head is at the bottom. Sonographer joked "oh this year is monkey right? No wonder". Because my fellow moved a lot during the session.

The glucose test (GTT) wasn't as bad as I thought. I thought needed to drink 3 x 75ml of sugar drink. But it's only one bottle. It tastes like sprite with no bubbles. However for that stretch of 3hrs I have to be pricked 3x for blood samples.
For my 3 babies I din do the sweet drink test leh.. Wonder how come my gynae din make me do the test.

Wld be doing the GTT at tmc....nurse didn't mention must prick 3 times! She said I will take a blood test before drinking and after drinking, wait for 2 hours and take blood test.

Verluv me gynae said my baby has big tummy and think coz of my age so he asked me takes the GTT test

I try to explain. If your baby is at the 50th percentile, it means amongst the population of babies of that age range, yours is right in the middle i.e. average. If yours is 75th percentile, it means yours is bigger than around 3/4 of the other babies of that age i.e. above average
If at the 90th percentile, that means yours is smaller than only 10% i.e. well above national average. Really quite big!
Both my girls were around the 10th-20th percentile for all the weight measurements when they were babies all the way to toddlerhood. They were small.
Oh so it's a reference to average thing. Thanks!

But thinking out loud, how "important" is this percentile data? Every baby is so different. Gene, culture, ethnic, etc. I guess so long doc says baby is healthy (not just a reference to average population), then should be alright. Unless I'm missing out something here.

Hello mummy, great explaination on the percentile thingy. I just like to add one point, that is this percentile thingy can be found in the children health booklet. Just flip to the right page base on gender and age, measure the child height and weight and plot into the graph. Will be able to see the percentile our child is at. Cheers

Back