2016/07 July babies

Oh and ya!! She enjoyed the shabu shabu pork, but only for a while then she lost her grip on it....Which tends to happen when she gets distracted, and that day her eczema was very bad :(

@snowfern I bring him go do allergic test leh, quite shock with the result, no allergic leh .. maybe I should opt for blood test when he is bigger. Now too young so doctor suggest to do skin panel test. His eczema on and off.. some day he got flawless skin. when hot day then start to come Liao .. I use steroid when it come, apply very thin layer when he sleep at night.
Wah, that's very ambiguous hor. My hubby has bad eczema too, but his was adult onset, and triggered mostly by weather shifts. Maybe emk Jr also sensitive to weather/temp changes?

Her PD says it's no point testing her before 1yo cos the amounts of allergens consumed in her milk and weaning diet will be so minute, blood and gut content levels are too low to be detected. And he felt that since she was only 3mths old when I brought her to see him for reflux, that skin panel is a bit harsh for her too, considering she was fully breastfed.

The kkh PD pretty much said the same, but she said once I start weaning her, the allergies will be more obvious, however she told me that most babies will outgrow the allergies, and told me to return when bubbles is 8mth old to see if need further investigation. This was during checkup for reflux plus the bad hives episode which I now suspect is due to egg whites, cos I had onsen egg and might have absentmindedly kissed her while eating....My breakfast had also medium cooked egg whites, dunno if I accidentally touched her after handling my sandwich?!?! Cos the PD did say, the rash will not be limited to just the face and arms, which are more likely indicators of external exposure than ingestion. And her hives were mostly on her face and arms again today.

Legumes tend to be problematic for immature digestive tracts, which I know bubbles has, so I'm keeping that at bay till next mth. Not sure of lentils are considered, but jin time consuming to cook right? I wanted to give tofu, but it's soybeans and when I drink soya bean milk she gets v bad gas too :(

Jin sian for me also. I have to avoid dairy as well. But I will try giving her Greek yoghurt over next few days in hopes she can build up her gut, and also build up some tolerance towards lactose.

There are many egg, dairy, salt, sugar-free recipes online, I not scared! Just need to be more hardworking nia, and jaga her carefully for any more flare-ups T.T
How do we serve tofu for blw?

How do we serve tofu for blw?
I think have to be the taukwa type..they sell in large white cubes? I had planned to steam then halve it, let her one big piece work at it. At least that's how one Mama in the fb grp did it lol

I've steam tofu for my bb, those soft silken tofu type and I added spinach that's almost pureed texture by cutting it up untl very small.

Wah you all so adventurous on the food.. I have started my girl on butternut squash and she had been on it since then. I added cereal and avocado sometimes to the purée and she is alright with it. I tried sweet potatoes and broccoli but she rejected them. I wonder if I should start her on porridge soon since my mum has been asking me to.
She was supposed to have injection last wed but din go coz she was having running nose. I saw one small whitish teeth sprouting out from her gum and wonder if the running nose is caused by teething.

1c1edee23da845a06ae060ae11737b63.jpg

I forgot who asked about the conversion kit. I think must buy this set instead of individual bottles with screw on attachment. I went to kiddy palace also cannot find separate attachment leh.

I think have to be the taukwa type..they sell in large white cubes? I had planned to steam then halve it, let her one big piece work at it. At least that's how one Mama in the fb grp did it lol
*shudder* I'm not much of a tofu/ tau pok / tau kwa eater, can't stand the smell and taste of it since young. I will totally understand it if little tuna gags when I feed her that.

@tuna how is your blw adventures so far?
I scared, still scared, so far have only given apple (both raw and steamed) and banana blw style. Avocado and pumpkin I do tw. Want to buy organic broccoli for blw, but my ntuc sells such huge ones, don't know eat until when. Shall try baby corn next on Bubbles' recommendation (lol). Want to do sweet potato, but I am apprehensive of the stinky farts, warning from Mummy Bubbles.

I'm thinking would it be better to give it a short toast so the texture is slightly firmer else it'll fall apart in their hands, you know the way they grip and smash everything into bits...

Today I try banana blw and failed !!! Emk jr bite one huge piece into his mouth. I got shock faster dig it out. Sigh

Today I try banana blw and failed !!! Emk jr bite one huge piece into his mouth. I got shock faster dig it out. Sigh
Ya boy, I tried blw with banana only once, 吓死我!It's so soft, I didn't really dare to let her hold all by herself, so I sort of maintained a bit of a hold on it as well so she can't shove it too far into her mouth and bite off too big a chunk.

Ya boy, I tried blw with banana only once, 吓死我!It's so soft, I didn't really dare to let her hold all by herself, so I sort of maintained a bit of a hold on it as well so she can't shove it too far into her mouth and bite off too big a chunk.

Ya lo very scary leh.. I let him hold by himself then he happily put into his mouth and bite, the banana pointed part gone, become flat ... I faster dig it out and see .. woah got 2cm so long.my baby mouth quite big .. I think must find something bigger than his mouth so he won't put whole thing inside banana too slim Liao, he can easily put it into his mouth

So far banana I put in those mesh pocket. Don't dare give her whole thing wholesale.

Weekend went out and she had her first "outside food". The cucumber from satay. Haha. Since it's cut to adult bite size I don't dare give her to hold. I hold for her.

7 months old got grow spurt ? Emk jr has been very cranky at night, he turn here and there still cannot sleep then he got frustrated and cry. I need to coax him to sleep. He wake up every 2 hours during the night just need me to pat him to sleep. Pat him around 5-10 mins. He is not hungry leh .. temperature around 37degree. Day time nap don't have such problem leh .. last night is 3rd night already ...

So far banana I put in those mesh pocket. Don't dare give her whole thing wholesale.

Weekend went out and she had her first "outside food". The cucumber from satay. Haha. Since it's cut to adult bite size I don't dare give her to hold. I hold for her.
What mesh pocket thing is that? Share share!

7 months old got grow spurt ? Emk jr has been very cranky at night, he turn here and there still cannot sleep then he got frustrated and cry. I need to coax him to sleep. He wake up every 2 hours during the night just need me to pat him to sleep. Pat him around 5-10 mins. He is not hungry leh .. temperature around 37degree. Day time nap don't have such problem leh .. last night is 3rd night already ...

I also facing this problem. Mine wants to be carried to sleep. I also 3rd very Jialat night. Also wakes up with eyes open at wee hours. But mine is younger tHan emk junior.

The growth spurt suppose to be 6mth.

Same la. Past few days my gal also like that. 3 nights ago she woke up almost every hr. For a moment thought she in deep sleep already but then woke up and seems frustrated.

But pat pat only little while and she will return to sleep.

I hope it's a spurt phase only.

For past weekends my gal hasn't taken any nap more than 30mins (but school records say otherwise).

Are your babies still taking long naps?

My bb has never been a good napper, but lately I can bridge her naps with "snacks". Sometimes bridge till 3, almost 4 hrs total.

But nighttime is a nightmare to get her to sleep, so I try to keep her awake with solid dinner to tire her out. Then bath/wipe down for bedtime.

What made the improvement was I installed blackout curtains. She was too sensitive to light, prior to the switch, she only nap 15-30 mins and v hard to get her to bridge the gaps.

Little tuna also, wake up almost every 30 mins these 2 nights. And it's not to drink, wake up to fuss. Don't know why. She's a week younger than emk jnr.

For past weekends my gal hasn't taken any nap more than 30mins (but school records say otherwise).

Can range from 30 mins to slightly past 1 hour. Last fri I let her nap wearing only a diaper, wa she slept for 3 hrs! Just tried it again today, didn't work liao.

Can range from 30 mins to slightly past 1 hour. Last fri I let her nap wearing only a diaper, wa she slept for 3 hrs! Just tried it again today, didn't work liao.

Haha half naked does the magic. Well at least one time. Maybe I should let my gal try. But wait till her runny nose and cough are gone. Since two days ago her runny nose returned :(

Woah I'm not alone ... hahaha seems like most babies here wake up at night to fuss.. emk jr spurt come slower hahah

How many times a day you all do BLW?
I try for 3 times a day but it depends greatly on her mood and level of energy. No point when she's hungry or tired. Each session can be anywhere from 5 mins (bad mood) to an hour (her fave foods)

Wah good thing we share experiences. We all know we are not alone. And tuna suffered worst this round.

Last night also wake up every 2 hours to cry. Jin jia let!!! First two time pat awhile he will back to sleep. The 4am is nightmare, I pat and heard he snoring so put him in the cot, he will sit up and cry !!!! Tried many many times, still cannot. I give up then I sleep on the bed and let him on top of me.

This evening will try broccoli BLW if I can get back home earlier. And also if she in good mood too. Lately her mood not so pretty in evening so always wasted my effort on my cooked porridge. Don't wanna eat but fuss. Will see if she is happier with holding the food.

Her cough got a little worse last night (oops could be I gave her mandarin orange so she got a lot of phlegm) so gave cough syrup. She slept thru from 12am to 530am so I think she concussed.

Ya last growth spurt also I gave up. Gave her whatever she wanted. Let her sleep on my chest.

Cooked pumpkin like very hard to grab?

I also bought Japanese cucumber to be served later this week. I wanna try the cooked pork Shabu soon!

I'm still reading books but trying to find new engagement. She likes BIG books. Ha.

Cooked pumpkin like very hard to grab?

I also bought Japanese cucumber to be served later this week. I wanna try the cooked pork Shabu soon!

I'm still reading books but trying to find new engagement. She likes BIG books. Ha.

Not abt grabbing. Refused to put in mouth!

Last night also wake up every 2 hours to cry. Jin jia let!!! First two time pat awhile he will back to sleep. The 4am is nightmare, I pat and heard he snoring so put him in the cot, he will sit up and cry !!!! Tried many many times, still cannot. I give up then I sleep on the bed and let him on top of me.
Emk jnr so manly, start snoring liao, so cute!!! :)

Anybody still reading to little ones? Do u notice that they prefer old books?
Yea, she still likes Brown Bear and the number book best. All others she only wants to eat them, but for these two she will listen and stare and smile while being read to.

Yea, she still likes Brown Bear and the number book best. All others she only wants to eat them, but she will listen and stare and smile while being read to.

Mine is where spot, number book and brown bear. The rest haven't advanced to eating. U can see her eyes sparkle when u do those three classic books.

And actually after I started BLW, I noticed she can flip the flaps more precisely.

Mine puts everything into mouth so I bought those flash cards in soft book material. ABC one. Start at A-for-Apple she already biting it while I go through the rest. So letter A is most abused. Lol.

Haha half naked does the magic. Well at least one time. Maybe I should let my gal try. But wait till her runny nose and cough are gone. Since two days ago her runny nose returned :(

Mine had running nose and won't nap for more than 1hrs. Sometimes 30 mins sometimes 45mins.. I dunno why like that too. I'm a sleepy mummy and love to sleep. Luckily only wake up twice in a night

It's very hard for me to read the book to emk jr, when I open up the book, catch his attention. When I flip over .. his hand come Liao .. grab the book, I cannot flip the page.. he grab and put into his mouth :(

My mum did this with soft book flash cards.

"A for Apple
B for ball
C for cat
D for dog

Baby which is dog? And she will stretch out to pick the dog card. It only works for dog so far.

My Mum says confirm she knows dogs cos both my place and her place also got dogs and baby loves dogs like her mama.

I bought new book from.books depository, the very hungry caterpillar. She suuuuper likes also. First time I read to her I had to repeat 3 times then she enough!

As for other books, yes, I still rotate once in a while...But not daily liow cos ...Jin sheck lol. And like @KWL Jr, ever since started blw, her fine motor skills have improved and know how to reach out to flip the flaps on where's spot!

I bought new book from.books depository, the very hungry caterpillar. She suuuuper likes also. First time I read to her I had to repeat 3 times then she enough!

As for other books, yes, I still rotate once in a while...But not daily liow cos ...Jin sheck lol. And like @KWL Jr, ever since started blw, her fine motor skills have improved and know how to reach out to flip the flaps on where's spot!
How come little tuna doesn't flip those flaps?? She yanks them out! My other Spot book has its flaps barely hanging on. Jin chor lor.

I have this book too! Ok shall start reading to No2 soon! Today I have a work event at nite, I miss my kids already!

Back