2016/07 July babies

My ifc doesn't encourage visits partly there may be babies who don't like strangers (stage of recognizing faces). It was a real example as first 3 days I was there with my gal. A couple of babies saw me and cried. But of course you can drop by anytime and the teacher can bring out the baby to you. At least that's the practice of my ifc.

For me I didn't visit... I chop chop finished work and pick her up back home early early and plant loads of kisses on her! Missed her like mad.

When is your gal starting hers? I think you mentioned but auntie here forgot....

Oh I see. Mine starting on 1st Feb. Now doing checking what are the things still need to get. Like so fast going to part her during daytime.

Day by day, I see her growing bigger, neck muscle become stronger, more talkative, calling out for attention. Hiaz... going to have less time with her ler. (T_T)

Comparing w my no1, the good thing abt no2 is that he doesn't need to be coaxed to sleep and can self soothe most of the time.

But no1 slept thru the night at 3mo, now no2 is 7mo and he still wakes ard 5/6am for a milk feed... well, also can consider STTN right? 9pm - 5am? Haha!
9 pm to 5 am very very good liao leh!!! Many of our bubs are still waking up a few times, @KWL and @snowfern hor?

@KWL - that's why I just co-sleep. I'm not even sure how many times she wakes at night. I latch her while half-asleep and straightaway can Silent Night liao. I don't have the courage or energy to pick up from cot, feed, put back in cot.
Continue to tong until your leave in Feb! Excited for little kwl's blw!

@tuna ya lor. My csec didi buay heal properly, no way can I dong lifting and putting her back on cot, not that she would ever allow me anyway hahaha

@tuna ya lor. My csec didi buay heal properly, no way can I dong lifting and putting her back on cot, not that she would ever allow me anyway hahaha
Ya, your Csect wound really making it tough for u with the flaring up now and then :confused: how do you bend over and bathe her? Must be super pain right? :(

@KWL - that's why I just co-sleep. I'm not even sure how many times she wakes at night. I latch her while half-asleep and straightaway can Silent Night liao. I don't have the courage or energy to pick up from cot, feed, put back in cot.
Continue to tong until your leave in Feb! Excited for little kwl's blw!

I can endure one. Don't worry. Every time she wakes, it is just 10mins of efficient latching. So not that bad. I will only resort to co-sleeping if she wakes up in the middle of the night or when I am too tired to coax her to sleep. I don't want bad habits to form since I have already gotten her this far

Ya, your Csect wound really making it tough for u with the flaring up now and then :confused: how do you bend over and bathe her? Must be super pain right? :(
Ya jin pain, bbwear also pain, must wear binder. And period is also back, ovulation also pain. Dunno how man. Bubbles, tolong faster learn to walk can?

@snowfern can ask you how you take temperature for bubbles? Cos mine just took her 3 mths jab today.

I use Braun ear thermometer to take at 4pm is 37.2 deg. Then I use digital thermometer to take under armpit is 35.3 deg.

At 6pm, is 36.3deg at armpit. Her forehead abit warm leh...

Ya jin pain, bbwear also pain, must wear binder. And period is also back, ovulation also pain. Dunno how man. Bubbles, tolong faster learn to walk can?

Woah your period is back ? That's fast .. wondering the period will give warning sign before it come ? Haha Aiyo we on same boat la .. c sec jin pain.. i though is my body recovery rate slow that's why still pain ..

@snowfern can ask you how you take temperature for bubbles? Cos mine just took her 3 mths jab today.

I use Braun ear thermometer to take at 4pm is 37.2 deg. Then I use digital thermometer to take under armpit is 35.3 deg.

At 6pm, is 36.3deg at armpit. Her forehead abit warm leh...
I use Braun ear thermometer also, but I kiasu, take both sides, or the ear that is facing down on the mattress/away from fan. Cos both sides diff temp de. So I take the hotter temp to be on the safe side. If scared bb wake up, just take whichever side easier, keeping in mind about 0.5deg difference in both ears.

Armpit is more accurate but bubbles dun stay still long enough to take. I also have surface thermometer, but that one CMI.

For me, cos bubbles always gEt fever de, I will monitor hourly. If possible, get hubby to do first shift while u sleep. I get hubby to take hrly temp from 10-2am while I sleep, then I take over. But if Erin no fever, seems active eat well sleep well, then maybe 2hrly enough. Dun need so kancheong.

Jiayou mummy. Rem to get some rest, dun overstress. Maybe Erin no fever.

Oh and for me, I dun like to let bubbles head overheat, so always damp towel or coolpak on forehead (but she always take it off so I give up, also good dun waste $$ haha)

Woah your period is back ? That's fast .. wondering the period will give warning sign before it come ? Haha Aiyo we on same boat la .. c sec jin pain.. i though is my body recovery rate slow that's why still pain ..
Yeah...I think back 2mths ago but was mild spotting, jin pain but I thot bubbles kicked it so just went polyclinic take painkillers.

But last mth confirm le. Spotting plus watery bleed for 7days. Now I'm ovulating, also jin pain. Last menses, supply also dip, bubbles latch me until even she pekcek.

I know my recovery slow cos of diabetes and ppz...we csec really have to take care dun overdo things...But the laundry...augh...

Mine too... auntie who din visit me after 1 yr plus finally visited me.. I guess its coming coz I din pump regularly. Think she misses me so much that she came real full force.. din really prepare pad. Must stock up after cny

I'm waiting for my mense to come leh. Hardly latch, not to mention no more pumping. Feel weird no mense so long

Today is IFC CNY celebration. So cute to be seeing all my gal's seniors performing. Got choir got lion dance. My gal was so happy watching them.

Tonight I tried to make my gal half asleep then put her in cot (rather than deep sleep). She took 5-10mins to roll around and sing and finally slept on her own. Let's see if this can persist.

Wah all ur Menses come back Liao!

Today I spill breastmilk all over my body because I didn't screw properly. So stupid.

I use Braun ear thermometer also, but I kiasu, take both sides, or the ear that is facing down on the mattress/away from fan. Cos both sides diff temp de. So I take the hotter temp to be on the safe side. If scared bb wake up, just take whichever side easier, keeping in mind about 0.5deg difference in both ears.

Armpit is more accurate but bubbles dun stay still long enough to take. I also have surface thermometer, but that one CMI.

For me, cos bubbles always gEt fever de, I will monitor hourly. If possible, get hubby to do first shift while u sleep. I get hubby to take hrly temp from 10-2am while I sleep, then I take over. But if Erin no fever, seems active eat well sleep well, then maybe 2hrly enough. Dun need so kancheong.

Jiayou mummy. Rem to get some rest, dun overstress. Maybe Erin no fever.

Ah.. I see. At the moment I use digital thermometer to put armpit to check. At 10pm is 35.6 but head warm leh so dunno ok anot. I now monitor every 3 hrs see how first.

I going to give up bm. Bm had decrease to 40ml each pump. I tired. The pump is up to max. The milk flow is slow. My mense come on and off. Make me more tired n pissed off sometime. Luckily my bb can sleep through at night. She can sleep 6 to 8 hours at night. W/o me up. She know her mummy is tired at work n home.

Ah.. I see. At the moment I use digital thermometer to put armpit to check. At 10pm is 35.6 but head warm leh so dunno ok anot. I now monitor every 3 hrs see how first.

Baby fever anot, one touch I believe u can tell. The warmth level is very different from usual. Thermometer is just to differentiate the level of fever baby has. Go with gut feel to tell if baby ok anot. If unsure and worried, just bring to doctor.

Happy cny to all mummies!!! Anyone know breastfeeding can go for wisdom tooth extraction?

I'm waiting for my mense to come leh. Hardly latch, not to mention no more pumping. Feel weird no mense so long

Today is IFC CNY celebration. So cute to be seeing all my gal's seniors performing. Got choir got lion dance. My gal was so happy watching them.

Tonight I tried to make my gal half asleep then put her in cot (rather than deep sleep). She took 5-10mins to roll around and sing and finally slept on her own. Let's see if this can persist.

Wah yours not here yet? I give up pumping on my first day of menses.. juz latch her whenever I feel my breast is full.
Mine opp of yours. If I put my gal down before she is fully asleep she sure cry till I carry.. dun think she can self sooth herself to sleep

Huat ah everyone!

Not sure about wisdom tooth extraction part...is it because of the anesthesia injection? When I was preggie,I had to have some tooth work done and I was concerned too because my gum needed to be numbed. I kept asking dentist on assurance and he said no worries as the potion is very very little only.

Wah yours not here yet? I give up pumping on my first day of menses.. juz latch her whenever I feel my breast is full.
Mine opp of yours. If I put my gal down before she is fully asleep she sure cry till I carry.. dun think she can self sooth herself to sleep

Ya...zero sign. Maybe it's never coming back!

I think she can officially sleep on her own in her cot liao. Sometimes must try twice. But these few nights she keeps waking up at night to cry. Sometimes twice. That one don't know how to make her self sooth leh. Have to carry her and she'll stop and drift back to sleep quickly.

Huat ah everyone!

Not sure about wisdom tooth extraction part...is it because of the anesthesia injection? When I was preggie,I had to have some tooth work done and I was concerned too because my gum needed to be numbed. I kept asking dentist on assurance and he said no worries as the potion is very very little only.

Yea I'm concerned the anesthesia will go into breastmilk.

Ya...zero sign. Maybe it's never coming back!

I think she can officially sleep on her own in her cot liao. Sometimes must try twice. But these few nights she keeps waking up at night to cry. Sometimes twice. That one don't know how to make her self sooth leh. Have to carry her and she'll stop and drift back to sleep quickly.

I think wake up at night to cry is just a phrase, it happen to emk jr too. 2-3 nights then back to normal.

- 8.25, 9.10, 10.09, 12.00, 12.10, 1.20, 2.10-2.25, 2.50, 4.45, 5.50, 7.00

This is my last night's wake timing. Hahahaha.

Try to catch a little nap today @KWL

My gal has been wanting to latch a lot this cny period. Super cranky during nap time. Latch her and it's world peace.

Try to grab some rest @KWL !~ ;)

Aiyooo, headache me, fell sick the day before and my period should be coming soon also, supply dip like MAD~ :confused: power pump also no use lor, or have to wait till recover and period over then can see the difference?

Last edited:
Today working Liao. Hahaha. Cannot eat snake also because need to prepare for a major event.

Wah Lao eh all ur Menses come back. I am scared! Only me and redvel haven't only?

Sarah u are also a full bf mum, right? Snowfern also. So I am really scared my turn coming!

Today working Liao. Hahaha. Cannot eat snake also because need to prepare for a major event.

Wah Lao eh all ur Menses come back. I am scared! Only me and redvel haven't only?

Sarah u are also a full bf mum, right? Snowfern also. So I am really scared my turn coming!

I'm starting to mix feed now, my stage 1 milk powder haven't finished....need to clear it because very long liao...:D

Try to catch a little nap today @KWL

My gal has been wanting to latch a lot this cny period. Super cranky during nap time. Latch her and it's world peace.

Mine not cranky. But when cranky latch also no use leh! I always hear how latching can comfort the baby but doesn't seem to work for me. When he want to sleep he just want to sleep!

Menses come back but mayb supply can still meet demand... initially my supply drop a lot! One day only enough for 4 feeds, he takes 5-6 feeds...

Then I bought FM when fbm finishing... friend recommend fernugreek. So I took 3 per day... and pump longer duration... manage to make up enough now...

Some days he take 5 feeds I will have excess, some days he take 6 feeds I will be short (use excess from other days)... now just ngam ngam ho nia...

Salmon, long beans, bubble milk tea can help me boost... so when low I will try to take fish soup beehoon etc... jiayou ba. Now I at peace Liao, fm then fm... most impt is 白白胖胖,健健康康!

On birthday ideas, my Niece had one at Safra. I cannot remember what it is. But it has a huge playground where kids can have fun

Have u all been kicked and stomped by your little one? Mine sent me a flying kick on the face and head and everywhere. Pain sia

Ideal is my place function room but the booking here is silly. You gotta queue at the management office when the slot date is open a month before. No online booking. Wanted to book it for my gal man yue. My mil helped to "queue" early early. Before 6am arrived at management office before it opens. But alas someone already was there at 4am!

Don't think I wanna try again for her birthday. Likely book a chalet too.

The safra does sound like good idea too.

Mine likes to gently pat her hand on the shoulder of the person who carries her. I find that very therapeutic and sometimes I myself feel like falling asleep hehe (just like when I pat her to sleep).

Anyone going to dip baby in pool soon? What should she wear or get her prepared?

@emk I think you were asking on the spout cup too. I just bought one from Combi. Not cheap leh but I think it looks quite good. Can change to straw cover next time (must buy separately).
c70c344ef491ea1437cad63d70b5ebed.jpg

Reactions: emk
Wah CNY hectic portion over liow, gxgx everymummy for surviving bb's first CNY together haha!

Bubbles sleep schedule all over the place also, she was so excited everyday since last Friday papa at home, and all the CNY visiting, so keep on dunwan to nap...Then all of a sudden Sunday made up for the deficit and overnap, diamdiam wake up motn 3am to almost 5am diditatadadababa and flipflipflip until I k.o. first let her work it out of her system, then she kamguan latch back to sleep.

@KWL she just right hooked me in my left eye earlier today, I saw stars man. I believe I also complained before how she keeps kicking me in my wound area that's why take so long to heal. But I also realize she is more kicky when she's gassy or need to poo. Maybe growth spurt also, muscles growing/aching.

@redvel I am so excited to bring bubbles to pool that I bought a thermal suit for her when she was only 3 or 4 mths old...Haha. but haven't bought her swim diapers yet. A Mama told me dun bother buying disposable swim diapers, they cost almost as much as the washable ones. If there's an upcoming bb fair I might pop down to buy, otherwise can check out kiddy palace.

Do you plan to sign up for swim lessons?

@emk I think you were asking on the spout cup too. I just bought one from Combi. Not cheap leh but I think it looks quite good. Can change to straw cover next time (must buy separately).
c70c344ef491ea1437cad63d70b5ebed.jpg

Thanks redvel, let me know of this is good. Haha I went to buy tomme sippy cup two weeks ago, my baby like to hold and sucks but I don't know he manage to drink from it or not
84219e2ad9f0b11affa629aeb46c8f9b.jpg

I wondering are we auto become nestle member after give birth? Somehow I become one of their member which I don't recall I ever sign up

Back