2016/07 July babies

Thanks for your advices, gan1972 and redvel. I'll give the clinic a call tmr. :)

Have a good weekend!!

Yup. Best is to call or see gynae if we think something is not right. I suffered a chemical pregnancy before. It was like I got a bfp then a week later, the red flood came and I knew it was game over. But I think that if it is light spotting, it is still ok, coz it could be implantation bleeding. But once it is heavy flow, then I think is a miscarriage.

Hi! Just confirmed with Dr Adrian Worthwood that pregnant for 6 week ++.. EDD is end of jul .. been feeling no appetite and nausea all the time :( ..is my 1st pregnancy. .hope to learn and grow with all the pretty mummies :)) can the admin add me to the secret Facebook grp? My email is [email protected]. .thanks!!

I have been having very bad sleep since I got preg. Either wake up at wee hours and cant sleep or I keep having dreams. Is there anything that can help to give us better rest? I used to use essential oil but am now steering clear during pregnancy.

I feel you. I never had a good night sleep after finding out the bfp. I can be knocking out at 10pm and will wake up twice in the wee hours for toilet break. In between I could hardly catch a wink. I wake up in the morning feeling even more tired.

I do sniff some bfp-safe essential oil dripped onto a small towel but honestly it doesn't help to soothe into sleep at all.

I'm just hoping it will get better as days go by.

Same for me! My quality of sleep has been badly compromised. I found this works a little for me. I will play those 'mediation' video or 'raining' sounds from YouTube. These background music/sounds is quite calming for me. I will fall asleep and even if I can't fall back into sleep, it is quite calming. I don't feel so 'irritated' the next day.

Yes yes me too! I thought I'm the only one going thru this sleep ordeal.. I always fall asleep at 11pm & wake up at 3am without fail! & I won't b able to go back to sleep until 6am. . =( affecting me badly as I won't b able to wake up for work & feeling dogey the whole day!

Seems like sleeping is a common issue...
I am always tired at bed time but will wake up at 2 , 3am, to pee or feeling super hungry

I don't remember having this problem during my first preg. But again my first preg ms was hellish so I would rather have sleep problem than having hellish ms.

I have to agree with bbq98. I take sleepless nights over bad MS anytime.

My first bfp first trime (when I was 3.5years younger) wasn't so bad too. My gynae did say usually when we women get older, all these symptoms get stronger.

Hope we can find our beloved 周公soon.

I am still nursing my #1 and she wakes at 5+. So I'll wake around that time naturally. But my sleep is really deep now. I will knock out and sleep like a pig! Just like before I was a mummy. Must be really tired out.

I guess the severity of ms in relation to gender is debatable. Just like the range of bb heartbeat to gender. But my sis whom has twins shared that her bb gal in womb always had higher bpm compared to the bb boy. For her, this old wives tale is true.

With my son my nausea is abit worst than my daughters so it's not really .
With my two girls I only felt sleepy the whole morning but still able to function in noon.

I think it's really like drawing lots for each pregnancy . Although nausea is in full force now for this one especially afternoon till evening .

I didn't have MS last round and had a gal. My MS is terrible this time... Shall see if the myth of having different symptoms = different gender is true or not.

I had horrible ms last round and I had boys. Maybe because I was expecting twins. Now the symptoms are totally different.

Last edited:
My sis whom had twins didn't have any ms (puked once only in 2nd trime and that was all). So everyone and every pregnancy is so different.

I'll be delighted to know the gender of your bbs here in time to come.

Can we eat spicy food? I have not abstained from my fav sambal, tom yum and chili padi. Hahahaha

Can we eat spicy food? I have not abstained from my fav sambal, tom yum and chili padi. Hahahaha
I still take spicy food now.

Quoted from a website "It is ok to eat spicy foods while pregnant if you can stomach it. While the spices do not necessarily harm your child, they could affect the expectant mother and bring about digestive problems and heartburns. Spicy foods also could exacerbate morning sickness..."

Reactions: KWL
Yup I shall see if this myth is true. For my first 2 girls, I'm having ms. For this third one, have not puked yet and I'm in week8. My only symptom is no appetite. Can't think of any food to eat when it's meal time. But when the meal is served, I will still finish la.. Haha

As for spicy food, think it's ok juz that it will cause heartburn only. I din stop any spicy food for my first 2.. And of coz I'm not avoiding any spicy food for this one either:)

Does anyone have a totally scent-free tummy oil to recommend? I had pretty bad nausea for both my girls, but I nvr got turned off by the Palmer's anti-stretch mark cream which really helped keep me free of stretchmarks, but this time round, one whiff of the cream sent me running for the toilet :( Making do with aloe vera gel for now.
Super sensitive to smells - I can smell plastic bags, the leather smell of the bag of a person sitting next to me, 6 different kinds of perfumes from people around me. So bad that I breathe thru my mouth most of the time as most smells will make me gag.
My gynae gave me anti-vomiting pills, they really knock me out at night though, so I can't complain abt sleeplessness.

Is it recommended or alright to start applying the oil to reduce the stretch mark now? I mean ..well..my tummy haven't really change bigger now. .haha

Tuna, your description is making me gag too. Poor you. Can't really help so hopefully someone else can chip in on the cream recommendation. I for one like it with aromatherapy scent as it calms me down.

Liying, you can certainly wait till your bump starts to show. But if you feel your boobs or bums are starting to expand, can start applying on those parts. For me I always apply cream all over after a shower so now it's just a matter of changing to anti stretch mark ones.

Liying, please remember to apply to inner thigh and butt as well. Those places could give you stretch mark as well during last trimester. :oops:

Redvel - what do u use? Maybe it may work on me. I am looking for a miracle la, willing to try anything.

Liying- I agree with redvel. Its good to start early, I believe it helps to moisturise the skin early and tone it such that it can stretch better ie less or no marks when u expand. Don't forget ur thighs and upper arms.

Tuna, I posted this pic here recently too. I alternate between these two. Maybe you can go to Clarins counter to have a sniff first. Hope you won't puke at the counter staff.

Oops. The pic.
ImageUploadedByForum1449481809.005250.jpg

I was told that whether you'll have stretchmarks or not is due to your genes. My sis didn't have for the first one and didn't bother to apply any lotion for the 2nd child.

I didn't have for my 1st one but I'm so vain and not taking any chances. Have already started applying. Hahaha....

Oh redvel - I think I hv a sample of the clarins one! I didn't know it's for this purpose, thought it's for weight reduction kind of toning. Will go sniff it, phew, no need to puke in the store. Thanks!
I very kpo, saw that u use bath n body works too. Unfortunately, the thought of my fav BBW scents now is enough to turn my stomach.

Me too! I've been having curry and curry for quite a few times in the past two weeks. But I scare baby complexion will be affected so now I stop :/

Tuna, most welcome.

Haha I love BBW and I still can stomach their scent so far. I just cannot stand "cheap" soap smell like those found at public toilet soap dispenser. Gag.

How will I know if I'm having MS or just stomach discomfort?

Before pregger, when I eat too much or too long didn't eat and there's much 'wind' in stomach, I'll gag too. I can't differentiate gagging and real MS..

How will I know if I'm having MS or just stomach discomfort?

Before pregger, when I eat too much or too long didn't eat and there's much 'wind' in stomach, I'll gag too. I can't differentiate gagging and real MS..
i understand what you mean. sometimes i just feel too hungry then also feel like puking. i try to eat more often, every 2 - 3 hours then i found that i don't get that gagging sensation if i eat early. try having small meals, oat crackers, cereal bars. even a bite will make a difference. hope you feel better soon!

I also been craving for spicy food. I read that when one is expecting a gal, will crave for sugar and spice. Let's see how accurate this is.

Hi Mummies,
Have u all booked your confinement nanny? Just heard from mine that she's booked until Late May already. Hot nannies are fast to be booked.

If u like to engage my ex-CN, here is some details. I've recommended her in the 2015 forum under CN too, so u can also refer there. She's currently finished her assignment n staying at my place a while to help out n play with my baby. So if I like, can call her n have an interview too. Her h/p is 98491894, Aunty Cheong

She took care of my premature baby, take care of my 2 older kids, cooked their favorite home-cooked food, do housework. Actually like a mother to the house, taking care of everything, cos my husband is working overseas n not around. She did marketing, boiling tonics daily from week 2. She's strong, healthy n easy going. She needs to climb up n down the stairs of my house to bring me food n feed baby at night, preparing milk from kitchen at 1st floor. My baby never need to cry for milk, she's fast to notice n run to prepare for baby. She also bathe baby clean clean, unlike stories that I heard just dip baby in the tub n bring up to dry.

She's responsible, will come in from Penang to stand-by. She won't has her assignment all booked one after another very close. The CN that supposed to help me said need to take a rest! Luckily found Aunty Cheong

Already have a good CL in mind. But I won't be making the booking so early (I still think I like the bfp to be considered stable before I do anything else). Moreover can't decide yet if we are engaging a CL or my mil/ail will help.

I heard too that having a baby girl will crave for sweet stuff.. Can't really remember if I have that craving for my 2 older princess. Well, we will get to know the gender in 1-2 months time !

i understand what you mean. sometimes i just feel too hungry then also feel like puking. i try to eat more often, every 2 - 3 hours then i found that i don't get that gagging sensation if i eat early. try having small meals, oat crackers, cereal bars. even a bite will make a difference. hope you feel better soon!

Yeah I was thinking it could be I'm eating too much for one meal. I eat my usual portion before preggy, so maybe smaller portion will help than three full meals a day..

Does any of you drink red date water and milk powder for pregger now? If yes, how much to drink?

Hi!! I just tested positive. Edd should be I n aug but I've a history of delivering early :) can I join the July fb group please?

Yeah I was thinking it could be I'm eating too much for one meal. I eat my usual portion before preggy, so maybe smaller portion will help than three full meals a day..

Does any of you drink red date water and milk powder for pregger now? If yes, how much to drink?

Been procrastinating buying milk powder for mum , not a big fan of milk esp powdered milk,drank some fresh milk n soya milk only. Hehe bought ingredients for red date tea but feeling so lazy to cook, will start tmr bt I won't drink everyday like too heaty

Been procrastinating buying milk powder for mum , not a big fan of milk esp powdered milk,drank some fresh milk n soya milk only. Hehe bought ingredients for red date tea but feeling so lazy to cook, will start tmr bt I won't drink everyday like too heaty

I'm not a fan of powered milk too but just bought one packet to try. There's a chocolate flavour, maybe you can try that too!

My colly told me red dates just need to throw a few pieces in a bottle of hot water and mix with warm water and it's ready to drink.

She told me besides pregger, non-expecting ladies can drink too. Like for better blood circulation or something like that. Can mix with gou qi zi too..

I'm not a fan of powered milk too but just bought one packet to try. There's a chocolate flavour, maybe you can try that too!

My colly told me red dates just need to throw a few pieces in a bottle of hot water and mix with warm water and it's ready to drink.

She told me besides pregger, non-expecting ladies can drink too. Like for better blood circulation or something like that. Can mix with gou qi zi too..

Yah red date has " bu xie" quality Haha good if no need to cook just feel like lying in bed the whole day now, anyway what's the milk brand you've purchased?
Btw I have prob swallowing the big calcium pills even after I've break it into 2 , will gag too....

Back