2016/07 July babies

@Benjazzy I stopped all exercise as per instructed by doc. No swimming too in case of bacteria in water. When things are more stable at 2nd trime, I will resume my yoga and swimming.

Today I woke up feeling quite good. Ate quite a fair bit this morning. Your nausea will pass soon too.

@JAPL 5weeks may be too early to spot anything and especially if the machine is not high resolution. Rest is best for you now. 2 weeks will come soon.
Hey JAPL, i have the same problem as u. For the first time, even the virginal scan cant detect anything.... its only till the third visit. So wait a while, dun get too worried...

Haha if u can continue swimming, think can keep the weight in check. Anyway i stopped swimming cos its making me too tan...

Where do u stay? u can try sengkang swimming pool. There's a pool that is sheltered :) if I rmb correctly, there's a sheltered one at jurong west too!

I'm showing a little already and this is 2nd pregnancy. I think I already gained 1kg!! I was up 1 kg from my last pregnancy so now am 2 kg more than pre preg weight. Really scared I'll gain fast for this one. I've been eating and sleeping. Very tired. And not as active. But I still feel tired especially after meal and will usually concuss. Very good for gaining weight. :X

Last edited:
Maybe u implanted late. Try to rest more and go home on time. Perhaps u might want to inform your immediate supervisor so that he or she can reduce your work load. I read that cramps r normal as the uterus is expanding. I have a bit of cramps on n off too. Take care!

Yes, I also think cuz it's expanding tts y we got the cramp. My work place is complicated, I usually stay very low.profile as news spread v fast. I have got 30 over.colleagues. I dun.wish to let e supervisors know.and.is too early.to let other colleagues know too. I still plan.to.inform only if I need to change my uniform when I'm 3mths. Even when I applied.for.My AL today I was being.asked.in detail where will.I be going.for tcu which I did not reveal much. My.colleagues.often.ask.me.to.climb up to cupboard.to get.things.for.them.As they r not.As.tall as me. For now I duno.how to reject.them. haix.my workload is heavy almost.daily and.I.need.to walk around almost.every second. I.hope.my.body.is strong.

I think having bump is quite assuring but mine only show at night. Haa. In the day not really there.

Hope you ladies are starting to apply oil on your tummy and thighs and bums and boobs. Those get stretched too.

[UOTE="Benjazzy, post: 8201474, member: 180611"]Hey JAPL, i have the same problem as u. For the first time, even the virginal scan cant detect anything.... its only till the third visit. So wait a while, dun get too worried...[/QUOTE]

Thks benjazzy! Will stay positive! =)

I think having bump is quite assuring but mine only show at night. Haa. In the day not really there.

Hope you ladies are starting to apply oil on your tummy and thighs and bums and boobs. Those get stretched too.

What oil to apply? It's my first pregnancy and i am a noob mum!

There are many anti stretch mark creams out there but I stick to these. I love the scent of the Clarins as it is very calming but some people may not like its oiliness but i don't mind. This oil has many good reviews and I agree. If you're a cream person then the Mothercare one is good too.

ImageUploadedByForum1449131566.412480.jpg

@Jehvy Congrats!! I am considering going to Dr Eunice Chua @ Thomson Medical...

Hi SWU, if u r fine w the chop chop kind of doc, she is alright for u. She don't really rem ur records so u need to refresh her sometimes. I did IUI w her n she's fast but my hubby don't really like her service as she will kind of wanna end the consultation ASAP.

Anyone still actively exercising? Am kind of sad that I have to stop running .....now resort to just walking...stop swimming as it gets me really dark sigh..... Now just wanna have a bowl of vinegar to counter the nauseous-ness

I'm in wk 9 now and I've still been gg for zumba weekly. I feel fine and the recent visit scan also showed baby to be growing well. But 2 of my frens were v shocked and kept asking me to stop gg.. I think it depends on how comfortable u feel?

I'm gg holiday soon but I think I'll stop zumba when I'm back.. will switch to swimming which I think is good for pregnant ladies. My pregnant fren asked me to go for yoga but I really dun like yoga so no for me..

Do you have pets? And how are they reacting to your pregnancy? My dogs keep trying to get my attention and will just try to cuddle near my tummy when I sit on the sofa.

Hi,

My edd is 14 Jul. Third child. Nausea started at wk 5 which I thought was abnormally early, so felt very assured to see some other ladies going thru the same here: )
Kitty - I go to Prof Tan Hak Koon at sgh. He's good if you don't mind to-the-point consultations. For my first one, he used to tell me he won't give me details like the length / wt of the foetus as he knows us mummies, we will just go and compare and worry ourselves unnecessarily. Got used to his style in no time :)

My friend recommend me to use Bio Oil and Seba Med. I've been using them diligently ever since I found out I'm preg.

But since Bio Oil is oily.. it's good to use it at night instead of the day. I'll apply SebaMed when I go out in the day.

Apply on tummy, butt and thighs.

Some pple say applying such creams really work.. but others say it's really in ur genes whether u will have stretch marks or not. But just use la... I believe they shld be useful to some extent.

@JAPL just went for my scan. I'm 5w5d today even though I should be 6+w based on ovulation day. Saw a faint heartbeat. My edd is 31 July. Think there's a chance yours will be a Aug baby instead?

@yumsoup r u still looking for a female gynae? I went to dr wendy teo at mt e Novena today and find her v nice. She's not my gynae though.. my gynae is on leave and can only see me in end dec.. I find her friendlier and nicer than my gynae! Very smiley and speaks v well. Might consider changing to her...

@Benjazzy @l0v3s my doc told me swimming, walking and light climbing of stairs is fine but no yoga till after first trimester. And no running, no heavy weight lifting during pregnancy.

Ladies, when do u all start eating vitamin? My doc only asked me to continue eating folic acid. Nv prescribe me with DHA, calcium, multi vitamin etc like u all mentioned...

@JAPL just went for my scan. I'm 5w5d today even though I should be 6+w based on ovulation day. Saw a faint heartbeat. My edd is 31 July. Think there's a chance yours will be a Aug baby instead?

@yumsoup r u still looking for a female gynae? I went to dr wendy teo at mt e Novena today and find her v nice. She's not my gynae though.. my gynae is on leave and can only see me in end dec.. I find her friendlier and nicer than my gynae! Very smiley and speaks v well. Might consider changing to her...

@Benjazzy @l0v3s my doc told me swimming, walking and light climbing of stairs is fine but no yoga till after first trimester. And no running, no heavy weight lifting during pregnancy.

Ladies, when do u all start eating vitamin? My doc only asked me to continue eating folic acid. Nv prescribe me with DHA, calcium, multi vitamin etc like u all mentioned...
Mine gave only calcium and folic acid

Mine asked me to continue with my current supply of folic acid too. I wasnt given any additional supplement but was told to see her in Week 10.

Hello Mummies / Mummy-2b,

Sorry to interrupt..
Just want to know if any of you have ever engaged Dr Suzanne Sulaiman as your gynae?
How was her service and what are her charges like? Or any other lady gynae recommended?:D

Hello mommies! I am a 2nd time mommy. Visited Dr Lawrence Ang as I thought he was quite good with stitches (he made a cut down there so that my boy could come out of me.) My EDD will be in early July. Am feeling very lethargic this time round and feel like dying at work all the time. Pls add me into the FB group so that we can monitor our pregnancies together! Thanks. [email protected] or [email protected]. Jia you, mommies! We are going to hit end of first trimester soon! =)

Im at wk 8 just discharged frm kkh for dehydration due to severe morning sickness. the nausea hasnt subsided omg hope it goes away soon its so uncomfortable. im seeing Claudine Tan frm TMC. Anyone else with her?

Congrats to more July mtbs.

@piggy_cheng Yeah you bet I'm so looking forward to end of 1st trime. MS is never fun.

@lov3s For me 8weeks now my MS is subsiding gradually. 5weeks was my worst. Have some small bites of crackers on and off throughout your day. Although it may help just a teeny bit, I think whatever we can do to minimize that bad feeling. I did tell my gynae back then about this and he introduced me to this pair of wrist bands that works on concept of pressure point (few fingers below your wrist). If you can't find the bands at pharmacy, you can press the points occasionally to ease the discomfort temporary.
https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/patient-education/acupressure-nausea-and-vomiting

@yecarg Oh that's really nasty. Hope you'll feel better soon in no time.

@hell0panda
Am waiting for 19Dec for my 2nd visit. Really.hope.to see fetal pole.and heartbeat by then I shld be 8weeks. Cuz dr only saw the sac so estimate I'm 5 weeks. Urs is by.ultrasound or via vaginal?

@JAPL don't worry babe. U shld be able to hear heartbeat in week 8 :) I also hope to be able to hear heartbeat during my next appt in end dec. I will be 9 weeks by then. I did ultrasound.. do ensure u have a full bladder before going for the scan so that u will be able to see the bb clearly.

The worst ms hits between 7-10wks.
Nothing seemed right and whole body is totally off chart and off track.
The nausea comes and go , some days hit like hurricane .praying this will end soon before Christmas !

The worst ms hits between 7-10wks.
Nothing seemed right and whole body is totally off chart and off track.
The nausea comes and go , some days hit like hurricane .praying this will end soon before Christmas !

I have been throwing up every night since I hit week 8. I hope it won't last till week 10.

Hello Mommies to be, I'm new here, nice to meet you all :).

I was missing my menses and decided to take a HPT and got a BFP on 30 Nov.

I used 2 different test kits (Watsons and Clearblue) and all shown positive and CB stated 2-3 weeks. The next day I decided to go and have a check up at my gynae.

He did a scan but was unable to detect the sac yet as it might be too early to be detected so was scheduled to go back two weeks later for another scan to confirm everything is right. Gynae says I should be at week 5 judging from the date I gave for my last menses.

Currently, am not experiencing much symptoms yet except for slight cramp at lower stomach.

Sometimes being too anxious may cause unnecessary worries? One week wait seems long...

Last edited:
Hello mummies.

I wanna ask anyone met this situation before?

I just went toilet and saw some brown brown upon cleaning. It is like u are coming your period in ur first day (not a lot).

Do I need to consult doctor asap?

Hi, my Gynae gave me iron, calcium and folic pills!

Last edited:
Hello mummies.

I wanna ask anyone met this situation before?

I just went toilet and saw some brown brown upon cleaning. It is like u are coming your period in ur first day (not a lot).

Do I need to consult doctor asap?
I have the same concern... I have slight pink spotting last sat and slight brown spotting last sun. Then it stopped. And it started to spot again yday and today though it's light. How much spotting before we need to call the clinic or go see doctor?

I have the same concern... I have slight pink spotting last sat and slight brown spotting last sun. Then it stopped. And it started to spot again yday and today though it's light. How much spotting before we need to call the clinic or go see doctor?
Wld suggest give a doc a call....

I read that mild spotting is fairly common in first trime but it's not always normal. My gynae did tell me whatever spotting that I encounter, I must go in to see him immediately. So I feel it's better not to take any kind of spotting lightly. Best is consult your doc soon ya.

Back