2016/07 July babies

Wow @KWL ur bub so affectionate! Mine mostly tries to feed me her fingers, and I haven't allowed her near my face much since she's started grabbing my glasses and pulling out my hair, she has tried to bite/suck my cheek but i assumed it was because she's hungry. XD

@redvel watching.them observe their hands and toes is fun!

@tuna yeah! Lilmiss squeaky has become lilmissscreechy!

Apart from stranger anxiety, she does have some cute little interactions that I simply adore watching. Mostly cos it's with people other than me, so it's always unexpected! During the 4th mth celebration, she sucked then offered her fists to my cousin (her godmum) and my friend, all the while muttering some unintelligible sentences...then when they politely rejected her, she took back her fists and continued sucking lol

@Sa_rahhhh I saw your accessories and Wahh! Very nice ley! All decked out and ready to rock with Ian!

Keep us updated on how to deal with teething and breastfeeding....I await more shenanigans lol

On teething, I read in baby center that when baby bites on nip, we need to control our reaction, act cool. Else if bb finds our reaction amusing, he or she will keep biting just to get a kick out of it:D
I yelped when she did that a few times, and I realise she would look up at me grinning while doing it thereafter. So I learnt to control myself, basically I pretend nothing's the matter when she does that (but inside I'm going #$%**!!!). Now she's stopped chomping nip liao.

@tuna quite true leh .. When I clean my baby gum, he like to bite on my finger really hard. I react ' oh Mùmmy is painful' he will laugh and keep biting. Now he damn enjoy cleaning tongue and gum because can bite me.
@KWL no kissing leh.. Only like to chew on my arm. I trying very hard not to let him touch on my arm because I afraid once he got this habit n next time got teeth will be biting lo.

Actually all our little ones are so cute. I am super amused when I read what u all just described. Seems like most of us are enjoying the process!

Happy mum= happy baby!

@tuna yeah the big piece is the hood with the ears~ Actually this whole set cost me almost another Tula. :confused: So expensive! But I guess it's all handmade so no choice.

@snowfern you have a pair of sewing hands might want to consider sewing these! :p

@emk he still needs some support when sitting. Just happened that the blue tub is just nice his length for him to sit by himself. He was holding on the sides of the tub so I can take a photo of him. :D

Reactions: emk
@tuna yeah the big piece is the hood with the ears~ Actually this whole set cost me almost another Tula. :confused: So expensive! But I guess it's all handmade so no choice.

@snowfern you have a pair of sewing hands might want to consider sewing these! :p

@emk he still needs some support when sitting. Just happened that the blue tub is just nice his length for him to sit by himself. He was holding on the sides of the tub so I can take a photo of him. :D
Hah!

IMG_20161119_150710.jpg

This is for when I use the Moby GO hehe. Gonna do the hood later today, almost finished the jungle one but no Velcro :(

I think my baby can flip officially Liao. This morning she was sleeping on tummy. Gosh. Later on when I change her diaper on the diaper rack, she demonstrated the skill to me again. This time with a head bang against the diaper rack hahaha.

Otw to polyclinic for jab.

I think my baby can flip officially Liao. This morning she was sleeping on tummy. Gosh. Later on when I change her diaper on the diaper rack, she demonstrated the skill to me again. This time with a head bang against the diaper rack hahaha.

Otw to polyclinic for jab.
够你忙了!

In a futile attempt to get bubbles to sleep more and maybe reduce her reflux symptoms, I tried giving her 2 different Avent pacifiers. One for newborn, which she did take to, once. And the other for 3mth+.

I did mention futile, and attempt, and tried. :(

I can tell she's immensely frustrated at being unable to self soothe her usual way, zoning out at her abc poster or grumbling. I'm also frustrated for her and am trying new ways, like patting her over my shoulder, giving her a bolster, even the paci. I was advised not to sleep train her now that the reflux is back with a vengeance, but her lack of sleep is worrisome again. Latching just makes the reflux worse!

Right now she keeps pushing them.out with her tongue and even with her hands, even going so far as to scream when I approach her with it.

Should I even bother trying out other brands of paci?

I have been observing and keeping fingers crossed that my gal is sttn. Usually she wakes up 4-5am and fusses/cries for feed. But for past days, it has been a success she skips that part. I have been doing something different. I've shared before she finds comfort in sucking a hankie placed on my shoulder while carrying her to sleep. Can make her drift to sleep quite quickly like this. Now motn when she starts to make a little noise , I place the hankie over her mouth and she just feels the hankie over her lips for just few seconds and then goes back to sleep.

I guess it works like a pacifier but without sticking into her mouth.

Snowfern I hope bubbles will find her perfect pacifier!

I have been observing and keeping fingers crossed that my gal is sttn. Usually she wakes up 4-5am and fusses/cries for feed. But for past days, it has been a success she skips that part. I have been doing something different. I've shared before she finds comfort in sucking a hankie placed on my shoulder while carrying her to sleep. Can make her drift to sleep quite quickly like this. Now motn when she starts to make a little noise , I place the hankie over her mouth and she just feels the hankie over her lips for just few seconds and then goes back to sleep.

I guess it works like a pacifier but without sticking into her mouth.

Snowfern I hope bubbles will find her perfect pacifier!
@redvel Wahh so good! Congrats!

I have been contemplating the hanky too! Recently due to reflux, I have always a hanky over my shoulder when holding and burping her, but when I put her down for naps or night time, she will "toss" away the hanky :( she just hates anything touching her head/face I think? Even though she does sometimes suck on it when she's hungry, maybe I should try getting her a blankie comforter? Like those rabbits by the bay? I'll try to encourage her again, thanks for the tip!

But I hope this will last just past-few-days.

Yes something like the rabbit by the bay may work. My gal loves this from Kippins. She chuckles a lot watching the monkey face. But now she kind of grows out of it. She used to grab the corner knots to suck. Or squash the head or nibble its ears. Quite a lot of thing going on with this monkey. In fact I caught her many times smooching the monkey face. We call this monkey her boyfriend haha.

ImageUploadedByForum1480060818.224991.jpg

Now she is happy with just a plain old hankie to suck to sleep.

But I have a feeling you're capable of DIY a comforter beautifully!

But I hope this will last just past-few-days.

Yes something like the rabbit by the bay may work. My gal loves this from Kippins. She chuckles a lot watching the monkey face. But now she kind of grows out of it. She used to grab the corner knots to suck. Or squash the head or nibble its ears. Quite a lot of thing going on with this monkey. In fact I caught her many times smooching the monkey face. We call this monkey her boyfriend haha.

View attachment 667036

Now she is happy with just a plain old hankie to suck to sleep.

But I have a feeling you're capable of DIY a comforter beautifully!
You have inspired me! I was ready to run out and get liow, after failing 3rd time at paci (I gave it one more go just after latching her). She just gnaws on it, gags when suck, and after 5 mins she's started screeching and clawing at her eyes....

Will start on something as soon as she naps.

@snowfern at this stage quite hard for them to accept pacifier, I tried avent and nuk both got rejected .. Going give mam a last try since he is using mam milk bottle.

Now that baby knows how to flip, I got a new problem. She likes to roll in her dream to the side of the cot and ends up sleeping on her tummy. It looks pretty scary because is like face down but with head tilted to the side. Currently I have removed everything from the cot except bumper. I am thinking if I should also remove that.

What are the chances of baby getting head injury from cot vs baby suffocated by bumper?

Now that baby knows how to flip, I got a new problem. She likes to roll in her dream to the side of the cot and ends up sleeping on her tummy. It looks pretty scary because is like face down but with head tilted to the side. Currently I have removed everything from the cot except bumper. I am thinking if I should also remove that.

What are the chances of baby getting head injury from cot vs baby suffocated by bumper?
I think the injury would be minimal, and honestly, I'd rather a small bump than risk SIDS. Bubbles has ever flipped until her chin got caught on a slat, leaving her stuck in an awkward position. At least her nose was in between slats, imagine if a bumper was in the way. :(

U could probably get a breathable bumper, a mummy recommended it and it can be purchased online or at baby fairs. However, usage is only for.a few months, as soon as baby can stand it has to be removed for safety reasons (baby can step on it and fall out of cot).

I removed it liao.

And to update everyone. My baby got fever from second dose. It came by at 1.30am plus minus. Temperature was hovering ard 36-37. So sponging starts. I cuddled, latched and sponged for 2 good hours. And finally body cannot take it. I sleep with her side by side on mattress with a wet towel over her head and she was grabbing my finger throughout her sleep.

When I woke at 5am, noticed that the temp soared to 37.5-37.6degrees. Took a few measurements and feel that she was really not well. Called hubby to help administer medicine. After that we went to sleep together at the master bedroom. Been very drowsy and grunting from 6-10am. Fever finally subsided at about 10am. Then shit x 2 times.

Very eventful. Mama tired.

Hi ladies, i just bought a bn tula at the warehouse sale happening today only till 5pm. Its 20% off retail price $229. they also have ergo, manduca, lennylamb on sale. Search Happie Diapers on fb for their location.

@emk I saw Agate there. I find they have quite alot of boy designs.

@starview oh I going to try my luck on wc, like their rainbow series haha
I though last night for golden ticket holder only, didn't know 8pm pst they open to public , missed the chance !!!! Gonna wait for next release. Agate not bad, I saw it at bumwear. But the colour a bit too light. Not loud enough haha I saw confetti more loud haha

I bought the coast prance mesh. But my girl is too small so i will try the towel hacks. If cant work, then maybe i'll get 2nd hand infant insert.

Nice colour haha I read for Tula without infant insert , baby height have to be 70cm.

Hectic weekend everymummy? Everyone go where papazao?

@KWL glad both of you escaped relatively unscathed! Looking forward to more milestones, they tend to emerge alongside vaccination timeline it seems!

@starview @emk u 2 make me want a Tula too...I missed both the warehouse and bumwear sales on Saturday :(

@tuna this Thursday, you and me live reporting right???

@snowfern This second dosage is more potent for my little one leh. She dio fever and had to eat two course of medicine. and she shit 3 times on Sat. It's kind of a record since her average poop cycle is about 8-10 days hahahaha

And yes, now my little one has unlocked the flipping achievement and cannot wait to show us 24/7. Even in her sleep... Oh my 天! and she loves to sleep tummy down or on her sides now. I was very worried that she will suffocate. After a few night watches and observation, i think she knows how to tilt her head, prop herself and make the necessary adjustments to make herself able to breathe. But she will cry when her legs or hands are trapped in between the cot

It's back to the very newborn stage of fussing every 1.5-2hr. And on top of that, she woke up at 4.15am this morning to smile at me. Grabbed her to the master bed room bed so that i can catch some sleep but she was kicking and shouting until 5.30am then sleep. Poor mama got panda eyes at work today.

@KWL my boy also like to sleep on his tummy, when he feel hot and wanna flip on his back, he will make noise 'eh eh' I will get up and flip him over then back to my sleep.

Ytd, I tried afew times to put my girl in the carrier using the towel trick. But the moment she went in, she started crying nonstop. Immediately i carried her out and she appeared to be tired / sleepy and would throw 15mins of tantrums before sleeping So different from what pple wrote abt their baby sleeping comfortably in the carrier.

Hectic weekend everymummy? Everyone go where papazao?

@KWL glad both of you escaped relatively unscathed! Looking forward to more milestones, they tend to emerge alongside vaccination timeline it seems!

@starview @emk u 2 make me want a Tula too...I missed both the warehouse and bumwear sales on Saturday :(

@tuna this Thursday, you and me live reporting right???
Yes yes, we will battle on together this Thursday, and possibly Friday.
Hectic weekend for me. Went to watch Lulu on Saturday, unlike our first show together when she slept through, this one she was awake almost throughout. Cinema small and volume too loud, she couldn't sleep. I gave up trying to get her to nap and just let her watch for 10 mins. The rest of time I spent standing at back of cinema so she won't disturb anyone as she was way overdue for nap and was fussing.
If you want to go to the movies with your LO, do not go to orchard cineleisure. Really lousy, there are no seats at all outside theatre or cinema or even near ticketing counters. Vivo is good, if you need to exit theatre halfway through movie, there are comfy benches just outside.
Attended a birthday party yesterday, LO was surprisingly sociable, she was passed around my friends and she was gurgling and smiling throughout. I'm happy!

Ytd, I tried afew times to put my girl in the carrier using the towel trick. But the moment she went in, she started crying nonstop. Immediately i carried her out and she appeared to be tired / sleepy and would throw 15mins of tantrums before sleeping So different from what pple wrote abt their baby sleeping comfortably in the carrier.
Try nursing while she's inside? Oh, you may need to keep walking around until she's asleep.

Hello mummies n babies.

My gal reaches a little milestone today. She just lifted her butt and made few leg push. It's the first time I witnessed her doing this and it was a little success for a virgin crawl. She did move a couple of inches. The flip will have to wait. Have seen her flip from tummy to back but haven't seen success on back to tummy unassisted.

@snowfern This second dosage is more potent for my little one leh. She dio fever and had to eat two course of medicine. and she shit 3 times on Sat. It's kind of a record since her average poop cycle is about 8-10 days hahahaha

And yes, now my little one has unlocked the flipping achievement and cannot wait to show us 24/7. Even in her sleep... Oh my 天! and she loves to sleep tummy down or on her sides now. I was very worried that she will suffocate. After a few night watches and observation, i think she knows how to tilt her head, prop herself and make the necessary adjustments to make herself able to breathe. But she will cry when her legs or hands are trapped in between the cot

It's back to the very newborn stage of fussing every 1.5-2hr. And on top of that, she woke up at 4.15am this morning to smile at me. Grabbed her to the master bed room bed so that i can catch some sleep but she was kicking and shouting until 5.30am then sleep. Poor mama got panda eyes at work today.
Means that her immune system is working hard to battle the "infection"! Sounds like it has been a rough week or so....hang in there and watch out for new fun stuff from KWL jr!

Since she can flip liow, and her neck is strong enough, should be alright ah! Ah yes. The motn chattering. Been there, done that. Wait till they start stringing sentences together and asking questions LOL

Both parent and bb have to get used to it! When I first started to wrap her, same deal, she would squirm and holler for whatever length of time it took for me to get it right. But as long as you know all other variables are catered for, like food, diaper, clothes (no weird buttons or tags digging into them)...and oh yes. Heat. I have to wrap under the ceiling fan full blast.

If all catered for, and rocking her while you adjust doesn't seem to work, just try another time, but don't give up! Lotssss of sleepydust! After "breaking her in", now she gets suuuuper excited when I show her the wraps/carrier, and hardly protests while I adjust her!

Yes yes, we will battle on together this Thursday, and possibly Friday.
Hectic weekend for me. Went to watch Lulu on Saturday, unlike our first show together when she slept through, this one she was awake almost throughout. Cinema small and volume too loud, she couldn't sleep. I gave up trying to get her to nap and just let her watch for 10 mins. The rest of time I spent standing at back of cinema so she won't disturb anyone as she was way overdue for nap and was fussing.
If you want to go to the movies with your LO, do not go to orchard cineleisure. Really lousy, there are no seats at all outside theatre or cinema or even near ticketing counters. Vivo is good, if you need to exit theatre halfway through movie, there are comfy benches just outside.
Attended a birthday party yesterday, LO was surprisingly sociable, she was passed around my friends and she was gurgling and smiling throughout. I'm happy!
Wah, I still don't have the guts to bring her into the theater...been thinking of catching a movie lately, any really, just to get some "rested" time outside the house. Thanks for the tips! I doubt I can even nurse her in the theater, these days she's super fussy and something in my milk, or the let down, is pissing her off. Every meal is a challenge these days sigh.

I do so love watching babies socialize! She must have been happy to see mummy happy too!

Recently my lo like to scream so loud when he is tired. Last Saturday bring him to bday party and he sleeping schedule is 9pm. Around 8:30 he start screaming... Shouting for attention.

Hello mummies n babies.

My gal reaches a little milestone today. She just lifted her butt and made few leg push. It's the first time I witnessed her doing this and it was a little success for a virgin crawl. She did move a couple of inches. The flip will have to wait. Have seen her flip from tummy to back but haven't seen success on back to tummy unassisted.
Heheh sounds like yours and mine are on the same track! Mine has flipped fully onto her belly ONLY on the diaper station, but resists or aborts all other "accidental" flips. Same for the squiggling forward like an inchworm lol, but she's only done it once and cried a lot after. She does a kick kick squiggle on her back to get to the toys I use to try and get her to flip, looks like she's taking after her father and aunt, and will probably skip the crawling phase too :-/

He's found his voice ;)

Oh probably haha ..

Just now when I fetch him home, I purposely hand him over to my mum and said bye bye, pretend to close the gate and walk away.. He so panick, use his hand to push away my mum face and both legs kicking. So funny to watch him behave like that. Haha bad Mùmmy.

Wah, I still don't have the guts to bring her into the theater...been thinking of catching a movie lately, any really, just to get some "rested" time outside the house. Thanks for the tips! I doubt I can even nurse her in the theater, these days she's super fussy and something in my milk, or the let down, is pissing her off. Every meal is a challenge these days sigh.

I do so love watching babies socialize! She must have been happy to see mummy happy too!
Perhaps give bottle feeding another try to see if it can help? At the very least, it can help you if letdown is the problem.
Honestly, i find going to the movies stressful with LO, if you're needing some rest time out of the house, i really wouldnt recommend it :confused:
On Bubbles' reflux issue, would side latching with her slightly inclined help?

Back