2016/07 July babies

My this baby very fussy, I find that she has her own clock. By 7 plus in the evening she must be bathed then placed on bed to play happily. If not, she'll be fussing/crying for no reason. If we go out late, i have to make sure she sleeps sufficiently outside or in car such that she's quite happy when we reach home, otherwise all hell will break loose when we try to prepare her for bed. Anyone's like that also?
Also, her "battery" not like Energiser bunny extra strength type, she MUST nap every 1 hr, 1.5 hr at max, otherwise very 臭脾气, cry very cham until eyes also no strength to keep open, only arms flinging around and legs kicking like mad. And the nap is short one hor, 30 mins sharp, like got alarm clock! On rare good days, can nap for 1 hr. At this age don't need to be "charged" so frequently right?

Haha I guess every baby is different. Interesting to read here how they are!

Tuna actually quite good babies nap frequently? Even half hour makes a lot of difference.

I find my time with her is now so super precious. Mon-Fri leave home by 715am to drop her at IFC. She would have drank by 4-5am. Then back to sleep. So morning I only clean her face and hands and off she goes to school.

Evening only with her for 2-3hrs and then it'll be bedtime liao at about 7-730pm. During these hours,I clean and change and feed and read books to her. Sometimes her 爷爷 will take her for a half hour stroll before I clean her.

So i only have two days a week to spend full day with her over weekend. I find after starting IFC, she naps a little better and longer. The time she fusses is pretty much only when hunger strikes. 老师们did comment this baby when hungry is no pre warning one. Which is same case when home. That's the dilemma I always have. I try to feed at 3hr interval but she may not always take the feed. But if i wait for her to cry, she cries like I didn't feed her for 3days.

As much as I like to stick to a bedtime timing, I find that if I take her out at night and dong her till 8-9pm, she'll sleep in car seat for long. Just like last night we had to attend my nephew's bdae bash. Left at 8ish pm and she slept during the car ride all the way home till next day. We didn't wanna disturb her so we left her in the car seat in our room (didn't even change or wash her up). Or maybe she prefers to sleep in car seat haha.

As she is still not sttn despite dreamfeed at 11pm and despite months of doing it, we decide to improvise tactic by dreamfeed a second dose at 4am which is about the time she always wakes up fussing for milk. Since there's no success in siaming the motn feed, instead of attending to a hungry baby and having to pat her to return to sleep, we will try this tonight. Feed her hopefully before she wakes up ~4am.

Hope this works man.

Last edited:
hi all mums, i'm 1st time newbie mum..
i have abit queries:
1. How frequent should i go for gynae check and ultrasound scan?
2. For chinese, do you all advise to attend wedding dinner during 1st trimester? some online review not to....say will clash the luck

i have abit queries:
2. For chinese, do you all advise to attend wedding dinner during 1st trimester? some online review not to....say will clash the luck
Congrats.

How far along are you now? Have you seen a gynae? For frequency of visits, it really depends on your condition and your gynae will be best to give you some kind of visit schedule.

Oh second question is very personal preference... for me, I totally didn't attend any. All through pregnancy, not just first trimester.

Haha I guess every baby is different. Interesting to read here how they are!

Tuna actually quite good babies nap frequently? Even half hour makes a lot of difference.

I find my time with her is now so super precious. Mon-Fri leave home by 715am to drop her at IFC. She would have drank by 4-5am. Then back to sleep. So morning I only clean her face and hands and off she goes to school.

Evening only with her for 2-3hrs and then it'll be bedtime liao at about 7-730pm. During these hours,I clean and change and feed and read books to her. Sometimes her 爷爷 will take her for a half hour stroll before I clean her.

So i only have two days a week to spend full day with her over weekend. I find after starting IFC, she naps a little better and longer. The time she fusses is pretty much only when hunger strikes. 老师们did comment this baby when hungry is no pre warning one. Which is same case when home. That's the dilemma I always have. I try to feed at 3hr interval but she may not always take the feed. But if i wait for her to cry, she cries like I didn't feed her for 3days.

As much as I like to stick to a bedtime timing, I find that if I take her out at night and dong her till 8-9pm, she'll sleep in car seat for long. Just like last night we had to attend my nephew's bdae bash. Left at 8ish pm and she slept during the car ride all the way home till next day. We didn't wanna disturb her so we left her in the car seat in our room (didn't even change or wash her up). Or maybe she prefers to sleep in car seat haha.

As she is still not sttn despite dreamfeed at 11pm and despite months of doing it, we decide to improvise tactic by dreamfeed a second dose at 4am which is about the time she always wakes up fussing for milk. Since there's no success in siaming the motn feed, instead of attending to a hungry baby and having to pat her to return to sleep, we will try this tonight. Feed her hopefully before she wakes up ~4am.

Hope this works man.
Not too good actually, it means she will throw tantrums every 1 hr because she's sleepy but fights sleep. :confused:

Your girl seems to sleep better in all kinds of seats compared to cot. I remember you said she also prefers sleeping in bouncer at home. Maybe she prefers the snugness of the car seat.

Hope your dream feeding plan works!

i have abit queries:
Hi, I'm guessing you are due in May/June. In addition to what redvel shared, you may want to consider joining the May/June 2017 babies thread. As much as we can answer your questions from our own experience, joining that thread will benefit you a lot more as you will be able to find support from other mummies going through the same stages together with you, eg. Nausea, endless scans, gender revelation etc. I found much comfort from mummies here also going through morning sickness which made the first and second trimester more bearable.
Enjoy your pregnancy :)

Kaypoh a bit :D which design you getting?
Haha too many pretties design leh.. I shortlisted few designs and ask my sisters, hub and friend to vote. See which one got highest vote then I buy haha .. Archer, agate, equilateral. Since u ask then can give me your vote too :p haha oh ya juju be bag very nice leh .. I like the duchess design, where is the best website to buy ar?

Haha too many pretties design leh.. I shortlisted few designs and ask my sisters, hub and friend to vote. See which one got highest vote then I buy haha .. Archer, agate, equilateral. Since u ask then can give me your vote too :p haha oh ya juju be bag very nice leh .. I like the duchess design, where is the best website to buy ar?
Haha, so fun, I also can vote! I always like loud, colorful designs, so between the 3 you short listed, I would pick Agate as no.1, Equilateral as no. 2. Archer is not loud enough for me, lol!
Can't help with jujube. Never owned a diaper bag before, always use my usual totes, sling bags or Anello backpack sometimes.
Happy shopping!

Reactions: emk
i have abit queries:
Congratulations! Here's what I can recall...mummy brain lol
1) this varies for each individual according to their health status. For me, I am an older mummy with chronic ailments, as such was considered high risk pregnancy, and had to see the gynae every 3 wks during 1st trimester, every alternate week during 1st half of 3rd trimester, and weekly for 2nd half of 3rd trimester if I recall correctly. Scans were ...gosh forgot but since I was under KKH subsidized, not as frequently as private would have.

2) I'm not pantang, but I wouldn't if I were not ready to announce, also wouldn't know if the couple and their family pantang or not lo.

As @tuna mentioned, perhaps it would be more beneficial for u to join the EDD month thread for your bb, or even in Facebook, as the journey together will be more relevant and fresh :) of course we will help where we can, but it's not quite the same, going through the highs and lows of pregnancy together with fellow mummies!

Yeah I also like loud and colourful but seems like not many colourful choice on their website for now. Oh ya I saw a rainbow colour Tula but cannot find on website.. Wondering is it Tula wc ..

Looks like someone is soaked into Tula fever hehe.

I hardly have the chance to use my carrier these days. She has been quite cooperative in the pram lately :)

Today she came home from IFC and within half hr knocked out already at 7ish. I only had like 1hr of her waking time today!:(

Yesterday I brought my little one to a baby shower. Initially crying cos was hungry. After feeding, she allowed different ppl to carry her. I was also sitting at the dining table chatting with ppl for at least an hour. She just sit there and watch us while eating her fist lollipop. Hahahaha. When she is home, I bathed her in a hot bath and she knocked out for 3h. Didn't want to wake but I dug her up at 7pm because her bedtime bio clock is usually 8pm. Like @tuna's case, my baby will just cry at a certain timing everyday to sleep. It is easy to tell because she will 一枝梅 (eyebrow turn red ).

Nowadays my life is better, because her schedule is more predictable. And there is longer stretch of sleep. And car rides aren't that scary anymore. I can just keep quiet and we enjoy each others' presence.

Today is also a bad day at work. Super busy. I went in to office at 8am so that I can pump before 9am madness starts. I had back back back meetings and ended up never shh shh from 9+ until 1.45. My neh also wanna ji ba boom! Was also hungry like mad. Haha.

Looks like someone is soaked into Tula fever hehe.

I hardly have the chance to use my carrier these days. She has been quite cooperative in the pram lately :)

Today she came home from IFC and within half hr knocked out already at 7ish. I only had like 1hr of her waking time today!:(
Go and enjoy your me-time! You deserve some time doing stuff you like. It won't be like that everyday,.

@KWL - aiyoh, got wear breast pad not? Neh ji ba bom will leak leak leak de. How to go for mtgs with two wet patches right? Lol!

@KWL - aiyoh, got wear breast pad not? Neh ji ba bom will leak leak leak de. How to go for mtgs with two wet patches right? Lol!
Never wear. Mine never leak out. I think become 内伤 already.

On a serious note, my breasts will leak a little when full. Nowadays no more Liao. At most is some form of stinging pain

I think sleep regression has begun on my end. Though she has been napping more and sleeping the same, if not better, most of past 2 weeks, last 2-3 days waking every 2 hrly past midnight.

Wow... quite happening too all mummies. I was also told let baby expose to all noisy environment so there will not be scare easily.

@KWL, wah! U and endure the fullness of yr breast ah.. last time I did not pump regularly, mine will leak a lot, whole breastpad will be full and become hard like stone. My chest area will be so heavy and pain.

Yesterday, KKH researcher came my place to collect baby datas. I participate in one of their research program so while they obtain my baby and mine datas, they will reimburse me. Oh, manage to ask a Lactation consultant to come my place to advice me too. Doris Fok came to have a look at my breast as I mentioned that I have problem latching. She saw my breast and manage my problem is not the nipple but overall breast shape is round that's why my baby cannot latch. She taught me to sandwich my nipple using "u" techique and will need to practice a lot. If still cannot then need to fix appt with KKH for lacatation program.

My husband make a point to feed Erin every 3 hrs as early morning, I have screw up the time. Erin is suppose to have her feed at 9am but I delay to 10am. Got scolding from him. Then every 3 hrs Erin is being fed. Her tummy is so big I wonder are we overfeeding her based on every 3 hrs instead of observing for hunger cues. This goes on until the night feed when my husband feed her at 12.45am and she vomited out. Changed her clothes and swaddle and she is back to sleep. Her next feed is supposed to be at 4am. I tried to wake her up but she is do not what to drink. I tried at 4.30am and she is then drinking. Now, I am lost. Should I feed her every 3 hrs as ler schedule or only feed her when there is hunger cues.

@Jbbnxr, congrats. Once u have decided on a gyane, they will arrange the appt for follow up checkup.

As for wedding and wake, I did not attend all once I know I was pregnant cos my in laws are pang dang. They say will clash.

@Evafastancy, even night time u also feed as schedule ? Hmmmm what I did in the past, feed as per schedule during day time and feed as demand during night time for first month, after that I only feed as per demand, let baby sleep more so can grow up haha and I can do more things when baby sleep.

Unless bb has jaundice, Dr advise let bb sleep and feed on cue. Things to note during early weeks are to ensure bb is well fed : bb has enough output (6-9 wet, 3poo minimum), fontanel is not sunken, bb not lethargic.

@snowfern

My mum nagged at me for bringing BB to wedding. She said next time very hard to 带 BB one, and I'll suffer cause he will be very fussy. Got such saying one meh? :eek:
Huh really got such saying ar? Last month I bring my baby to wedding leh and this Sunday also going to bring him for another wedding haha

@emk, ah I see. I wanted to try to let her sleep more in the night. But becos I need to pump milk out so I prepare ebm in case she got hungry cues. To my husband is to feed as per schedule so she will continue to sleep then I can get rest. But yesterday she vomit out so I scare feeding her as per schedule is too much for her stomach. Whenever, I change her diaper, I see her small tummy so bloated make me very scare if she is being overfeed. But then, she is drinking as what we give her

@snowfern the goodie bag got free cloth diaper, u using cloth diaper right ? Do u want it? Haha
Very funny conversation with my hub when I happily open up the goodie bag.
Me: wow so pretty leh the cloth diaper, wanna try to use ?
Hub: u wanna try to wash?
Me: WASH? No way ... Then how ?
Hub: give it to your friend who use cloth diaper.

@emk, ah I see. I wanted to try to let her sleep more in the night. But becos I need to pump milk out so I prepare ebm in case she got hungry cues. To my husband is to feed as per schedule so she will continue to sleep then I can get rest. But yesterday she vomit out so I scare feeding her as per schedule is too much for her stomach. Whenever, I change her diaper, I see her small tummy so bloated make me very scare if she is being overfeed. But then, she is drinking as what we give her
The Dr advised us when we had to supplement, that if bb vomit (not spit up, that's normal, more merlion type) then means overfeeding. Overfeeding is common for bottlefed babies, as they cannot control how much flow into their tummy. Best to reduce volume if feeding by schedule, or might cause more problems like reflux, choking in sleep, gassiness etc.

@snowfern the goodie bag got free cloth diaper, u using cloth diaper right ? Do u want it? Haha
Very funny conversation with my hub when I happily open up the goodie bag.
Me: wow so pretty leh the cloth diaper, wanna try to use ?
Hub: u wanna try to wash?
Me: WASH? No way ... Then how ?
Hub: give it to your friend who use cloth diaper.
Haha! If u gimme I sure take! XD ur hubby v candid :9

Never wear. Mine never leak out. I think become 内伤 already.

On a serious note, my breasts will leak a little when full. Nowadays no more Liao. At most is some form of stinging pain
Your boobs very disciplined, 很听话, haha!

Oh that sleep regression *pull hair*. As the saying goes, it'll pass. Hang in there!

My gal today is having her first fever. Skipped school and hubby plus 奶奶took leave to take care of her.

She was all cranky while I was preparing her for school early this morning at home. Hubby said once I left for work and 奶奶took over, she was smiling and talking and seems happy to be home.

I have a baby who likes to pong-tang :p

Redvel Haha your gal so cute, so young start to skip school haha
My hub told me that my boy got two faces, when Mùmmy around he make noise on car seat, when Mùmmy not around he is a good boy, smooth trip all the way to my mum house.

Huh really got such saying ar? Last month I bring my baby to wedding leh and this Sunday also going to bring him for another wedding haha

Actually I decided to /ignore about it liao~ cause my BFF (aka Ian's godma) wedding is in Dec, and I promise her I'll bring him along to play. So don't care liao wahahahaha. This Sunday I got another wedding too, my hub wants to bring him along so I guess we just have to cross our fingers.

Just brought Ian for his 2nd dose of vaccinations. This time I'm a bit kiasu took 2 days of CCL just for this. Also need to clear them since it's by calendar year haha~

If only weekends is so long, then can stay at home and relax a bit. Miss my ML time~ :D

Babies are very smart, they know who to "bully". My mum also complained that when I am at home, my girl will start to "eh eh eh" more cos she knows by doing this, I will quickly go carry and pat pat her.

By the way, i saw the admin posted in July Baby Group that GE offers a 6 mth free accident plan....anyone signs up for that?

Haha, so fun, I also can vote! I always like loud, colorful designs, so between the 3 you short listed, I would pick Agate as no.1, Equilateral as no. 2. Archer is not loud enough for me, lol!
Can't help with jujube. Never owned a diaper bag before, always use my usual totes, sling bags or Anello backpack sometimes.
Happy shopping!

Haha I also go kaypoh and see see. For me I will choose 1. Equilateral, 2. Agate and last Archer (too plain).

For Jujube, i am getting their Be Quick or Be Set using Amazon.com (free shipping to singapore if the cart value is >USD125).. Don't know if there will be any discount on Black Friday so I haven't checkout my cart. The price is cheaper than getting it locally which cost S$50 for Be Quick.

Haha I also go kaypoh and see see. For me I will choose 1. Equilateral, 2. Agate and last Archer (too plain).

For Jujube, i am getting their Be Quick or Be Set using Amazon.com (free shipping to singapore if the cart value is >USD125).. Don't know if there will be any discount on Black Friday so I haven't checkout my cart. The price is cheaper than getting it locally which cost S$50 for Be Quick.
Hahah seems like many people find that archer too plain :p ok archer out!!! I join the jujube fb, seem like they got new launch and many people Q... Wondering why cartoon cartoon design so popular ? Paisei I'm noob on all these

Mummies who send your babies to infant care... any reviews for sparkletots or my first skool? Do the babies at MFS sleep in cot? Didn't see any cot around when I tried to spy..

@redvel mind sharing which infant care is your baby in?

Mummies who send your babies to infant care... any reviews for sparkletots or my first skool? Do the babies at MFS sleep in cot? Didn't see any cot around when I tried to spy..

Hello. Mine is Agape.

Oh if no cot then where do the babies sleep? For agape, the cots are all in a dark room. Maybe it was dark so you couldn't quite spot it?

You can go for a visit b4 deciding on the IFC. My boy's IFC also has cots in a dark area and play area is lighted. My IFC is The Moral Childcare.

Regarding Pantang, I personally not pantang so I attended wakes and weddings when I was pregnant. However u shld check w the host if they mind anot. A lot of times I was "not allowed" to go to wakes bcos the family hosting is pantang.

Have never heard of "not to bring baby to weddings" tho. Only heard of not attending if your wedding dates are close and will chiong. I not pantang, dun mind going. But friends would retract the invitation and I dun go for theirs they dun come for mine.

How much are u feeding baby per day?

In the day time, schedule 3hrly or if BB cry earlier, can feed early. At nite, let the baby self-wake for milk. If dun wake then soon will sttn!

In the first 4 weeks, baby should not go without feed for more than 4hr. Must wake to feed...

But after 4 weeks different ball game, a 5 weeks old baby has the ability to sleep 5hrs stretch at nite, 10 weeks old 10hrs... so on and so forth... dun have to wake...

How much are u feeding baby per day?

In the day time, schedule 3hrly or if BB cry earlier, can feed early. At nite, let the baby self-wake for milk. If dun wake then soon will sttn!

In the first 4 weeks, baby should not go without feed for more than 4hr. Must wake to feed...

But after 4 weeks different ball game, a 5 weeks old baby has the ability to sleep 5hrs stretch at nite, 10 weeks old 10hrs... so on and so forth... dun have to wake...

Currently Erin is drinking 90ml every 3 hrs. Sometimes during the day she will either sleep abit longer or cry earlier.

But recently these few days she can sleep quite long without waking up for her feed. I still wake up at night and feed her the same amount. Just awhile ago, I woke her up to drink but reduce the amount from 90ml to 60ml. She drank and went back to sleep.
Guess I will monitor how is her status then do adjustment.

@Evafantasy i think for the night feeding, if baby Erin is sleeping you might not want to wake her up (or even dream feed her). Cause like adults, night sleep is very important for growth. So unless she's crying, if not I think she's really going to STTN soon :)

Just make sure she drank enough for the daytime is fine :)

@redvel @candymoshi thanks for sharing about your babies' ifc . seems like both of your babies are in private ifc ! I might check out moral childcare too... abit worried about placing my baby in MFS as i find the centre quite small when I peek from outside and the principal only wants to meet me on 28th and my bb would be starting ifc on 1 Dec . Like abit too late for me to reject if i don't like the place. Are both of you still breastfeeding ? How much milk do u supply to the ifc? Abit lost as I'm direct latching at home now...

@Evafantasy i think for the night feeding, if baby Erin is sleeping you might not want to wake her up (or even dream feed her). Cause like adults, night sleep is very important for growth. So unless she's crying, if not I think she's really going to STTN soon :)

Just make sure she drank enough for the daytime is fine :)

Ah I see... thanks for your advice. Maybe she is getting use to sttn which I never notice it. Right now, when I realize when I put her at the sofa she can slowly rotate herself like a clock hand. Got feeling she pick up things very fast.

Oh, btw, do you all bring your baby to PD clinic or polyclinic to see dr if baby is sick or need some dr advice? Erin is not sick but can always hear like she got a lot of phlegm stuck inside her.

Heh, I also go kaypoh on the Tula designs. Archer design too plain. I will choose Equilateral first then agate.

Oh, btw, do you all bring your baby to PD clinic or polyclinic to see dr if baby is sick or need some dr advice? Erin is not sick but can always hear like she got a lot of phlegm stuck inside her.
Making loud noise when drinking milk and sleep ? Might be due to the throat thin lining, my baby used to make this type of noise and I suspect is phlegm and seek PD advice, he explain baby throat lining still very thin so when they breath in very hard the throat will close up that's why making such noise. He use the coffee shop straw and mcd straw to explain a clearer picture for me, he said coffee shop straw very soft and thin, suck too hard it will stick together, mcd straw very hard, suck very hard also won't stick together. I don't know is your baby situation same as mine or not, if u worry can seek for PD.

@redvel @candymoshi thanks for sharing about your babies' ifc . seems like both of your babies are in private ifc ! I might check out moral childcare too... abit worried about placing my baby in MFS as i find the centre quite small when I peek from outside and the principal only wants to meet me on 28th and my bb would be starting ifc on 1 Dec . Like abit too late for me to reject if i don't like the place. Are both of you still breastfeeding ? How much milk do u supply to the ifc? Abit lost as I'm direct latching at home now...

You are lucky to get a space in MFS. I have a MFS 2 blks from my place and I was on waitlist for my number 1. Number 2 also waitlist.

The Moral Childcare is 5 bus stops away and I was number 1 on waitlist. One mom withdrew and I got the space for no1. When I conceive no2, immediately go and chope space in IFC.

I am still bf-ing, I give fbm to IFC for no1 cos I didn't know better. No2 I smart Liao, give ebm in bottles. The bottles are packed per feed so they just warm + screw on the teat! I gave 5 feeds (cos the principal asked for 5 powdered feeds) but 12hrs wun take 5 feeds one. Now I'm packing 4 bottles x 120ml... tried increasing but he was unable to finish.

Good to shortlist a few and view them prior to starting. Before agape, I almost wanted to secure for Cherie Hearts. Until like quite last min I decided to take agape.

I'm on full fm. She is drinking 120-140ml per feed. Maybe you can start her on bottle feed. You've 2weeks to go...some baby takes time to get used to the teat since she has only been direct latch.

You are lucky to get a space in MFS. I have a MFS 2 blks from my place and I was on waitlist for my number 1. Number 2 also waitlist.

The Moral Childcare is 5 bus stops away and I was number 1 on waitlist. One mom withdrew and I got the space for no1. When I conceive no2, immediately go and chope space in IFC.

I am still bf-ing, I give fbm to IFC for no1 cos I didn't know better. No2 I smart Liao, give ebm in bottles. The bottles are packed per feed so they just warm + screw on the teat! I gave 5 feeds (cos the principal asked for 5 powdered feeds) but 12hrs wun take 5 feeds one. Now I'm packing 4 bottles x 120ml... tried increasing but he was unable to finish.
I registered for a few MFS. Those within walking distance are all full and the one that offered me is actually 2 bus stop away. Are you going to let your baby continue playgroup and kindergarten at the same centre or will you be looking for other school when the time comes?

MFS fee quite expensive right ? I not sure is it same price for all center, but the one under my block cost $2300 before subsidy.
@candy moshi When baby start solid food, will ifc give baby porridge?
Last month searching high n low for ifc and finally got a place at school4kid to start in Jan 17,can't view the place because it's still under construction.i yet to cfm with ifc as I don't know my mum can cope or not.. Let her have a trial period next week when I officially start work.

MFS fee quite expensive right ? I not sure is it same price for all center, but the one under my block cost $2300 before subsidy.
@candy moshi When baby start solid food, will ifc give baby porridge?
Last month searching high n low for ifc and finally got a place at school4kid to start in Jan 17,can't view the place because it's still under construction.i yet to cfm with ifc as I don't know my mum can cope or not.. Let her have a trial period next week when I officially start work.
I've heard good reviews about skool4kids in the north area. maybe u can give it a try :) MFS is charging me $750+ after $600 working mother subsidy

Wow your MFS is cheaper than the one under my block Haha .. Good review on infant care ?

Back