2016/07 July babies

Hugs Snowfern jnr. It's not easy being a baby sometimes!

My LO definitely has found a new vocal cord. Her cries sound different now compared to just days ago. Hit high notes.

And somehow she doesn't like to be bottle fed the same position lately. Fusses. The moment I lay her down on my arm she struggles and wanna get up. And she'll only suck the bottle few seconds and cry liao. Prefer boobs. But feed on bouncer she's still quite ok with bottle.

So is this a kind of bottle rejection? How to tackle the issue?

Doubt me joining the July party. Enjoy ladies and babies.

On vocal cords, yes! Mine too. New style of talking in longer "sentences" nowadays.

I am also not joining the 100 day bash. U all enjoy!

My arms are getting sore from carrying baby and back pain from lifting baby up and down from the cot. U all got this problem Anot?

I went back to office yesterday to settle some stuff and everyone said I look thinner than pre-pregnancy! So happy!

On vocal cords, yes! Mine too. New style of talking in longer "sentences" nowadays.

I am also not joining the 100 day bash. U all enjoy!

My arms are getting sore from carrying baby and back pain from lifting baby up and down from the cot. U all got this problem Anot?

I went back to office yesterday to settle some stuff and everyone said I look thinner than pre-pregnancy! So happy!
Whole body pain lo.. Can't wait to go for spa !!! Back pain , neck also pain, my arm got muscle already.

last night bumped into a colleague at ntuc. She also said I'm slimmer than before. Hehe I know what you mean on happiness @KWL

This morning my gal took a bottle in my arm with ease. Keeps staring at me while drinking. I love it when she does that. Don't know that will persist or not for today. But maybe I didnt give her Ridwind for a day or two. I did resume it yesterday. Not sure if related to wind indeed.

My ache is still my 妈妈手。I'm sure it'll be gone when I return work. For those who are aching all over, yes please do take a day off for a good massage!

@KWL, u slimmed down quite fast! I still look like I'm 5-month pregnant :(

I still haven't tried on my pre-pregnancy clothes but I don't think I can fit in especially pants.

We finally re-arranged the room furniture so that it is easier to get her to and from the cot, also set up the diaper changing station...ya a bit late but I couldn't really do much till recently due to csec pains...today first day I swept the floor lol!

Waiting for the floor mat to be delivered! So at IKEA picking up randomness to spruce up the room a bit....have to round back up to get the child mirror grr backache from carrying her liow.

Biceps defo showing!

How protective are you of strangers touching your baby? Forgot to wear socks for her today, and again kena stranger touch...it really annoys me, I don't like being touched even by hairdressers..

I'm generally ok... Last week got a foreign worker came to my place to repair a construction defect and he chatted with me. Told me he loves children and he actually touched my gal's hand. I'm ok leh. In fact now I remember I forgot to clean that hand after that. Oops.

I'm only very very particular on people who carry and start rocking. I cannot take it one.

I'm generally ok... Last week got a foreign worker came to my place to repair a construction defect and he chatted with me. Told me he loves children and he actually touched my gal's hand. I'm ok leh. In fact now I remember I forgot to clean that hand after that. Oops.

I'm only very very particular on people who carry and start rocking. I cannot take it one.
If hand I lagi will go berserk internally and clean it ASAP cos she is at the fist gnawing stage! And ya, on the rocking thing, I don't want her to kena brain sloshing or get used to it....

Bubbles started so many new things today, so yeah, I'm guessing another growth spurt...sucking her lower lip, higher pitch voice (at IKEA berating me for delaying her milk...but mama had to pee!), and grabbing her ribbon toy to put in mouth! She even waved at 2 ladies who helped me with my food order, I was stunned cos she pulled her arm out of the wrap to do so. Probably coincidence but ...lol even the ladies were so pleased when she repeated it!

Hi Mummies, dont know whether it has been discussed before. any recommended mosquito patches for own and LO use?
I use mosquito patches for my baby. Otherwise I paste on his car seat cum stroller. If not can use those clip on. My nos.1 3yrs old I put clip on but use less than 3days the clip let her break into pcs. Now use patch n hand band tie to her clothes

@KWL, u slimmed down quite fast! I still look like I'm 5-month pregnant :(

I still haven't tried on my pre-pregnancy clothes but I don't think I can fit in especially pants.

Do housework and keep yourself busy. Can really slim down fast. I dropped most of my weight during confinement. From 62kg >> 52-53kg (confinement) >> less than 50kg (now).

Diet wise - I don't snack. But I eat a lot of rice and loads of vegetables a day. I also drink tons of water a day.

Right now, I am back to all my pre-pregnancy S size clothes except tops (haha). Happy problem.

I brought the little one to kiddy palace today and started showing all the developmental toys. somehow my baby got very fascinated by clothes and the colorful toys. Hands stretched out to feel and grab the toys most of the time. Enjoying to the fullest. So much so that my mum Buay tahan and bought one home.

So if u want to, can consider bringing baby to departmental store kid section and fling those toys in front of your little one to catch attention. Free one lor! Haha

I brought the little one to kiddy palace today and started showing all the developmental toys. somehow my baby got very fascinated by clothes and the colorful toys. Hands stretched out to feel and grab the toys most of the time. Enjoying to the fullest. So much so that my mum Buay tahan and bought one home.

So if u want to, can consider bringing baby to departmental store kid section and fling those toys in front of your little one to catch attention. Free one lor! Haha
So cute! Natural born shopper :X

Mine always in wrap = zzzzzzz so no sampling first :-/

Morning mummies! Feeling refreshed having slept 4 hrs straight last night! A rare treat! Looking forward to today, foldable play mat arrived, next episode of running man lined up looks interesting, planning to finish up one more mobile today....let's see how the day goes!

What about you?

Morning mummies! Feeling refreshed having slept 4 hrs straight last night! A rare treat! Looking forward to today, foldable play mat arrived, next episode of running man lined up looks interesting, planning to finish up one more mobile today....let's see how the day goes!

What about you?
I'm looking at my milk intake record book and scratching my head now, why my LO drink so little on yesterday 9am 170ml, 12:15pm 150ml, 2:45pm 120ml, 6:15pm 145ml, slept at 8pm till now .. Overall only drink 450ml, half of what he should drink. Wondering should I wake him up to feed

I'm looking at my milk intake record book and scratching my head now, why my LO drink so little on yesterday 9am 170ml, 12:15pm 150ml, 2:45pm 120ml, 6:15pm 145ml, slept at 8pm till now .. Overall only drink 450ml, half of what he should drink. Wondering should I wake him up to feed
I've read some mummies talking about milk strikes and reduced intake, but not sure which month it is in....something about baby is more interested in the world than in milk.

Is he having good output and mood is good? No fever no irritability? Cos those mummies tend to say, unless bb got jaundice or low output let them sleep.

I wish my bb would sleep more in the day lor...

Morning toos.

Today's plan is tidy my wardrobe. And get some things packed to move back to inlaws place. I'm starting work in 3weeks time. IFC starts 1Dec (but I'm on waiting list for space possibly in last week of Nov). I've decided to change IFC therefore the change of date. Initially intake for IFC#1 is 17Oct. But I visited IFC#2 last week and it gives a better vibe so I've decided to choose #2. In the interim between I start work and intake, my mil and sil and hubby are clearing leave to cover me.

Snowfern, fancy what you make when done? :)

Emk I think most babies go thru this stage at some point. Mine lowest was only 300ish ml. In fact her average is not even more than 600ml. When she hits 600ml, I'm very impressed one. Blue moon she hits 700ml and that's like diok toto.

Pd assured me she is fine and there's always good pee and poo so I think let him sleep so long he is happy and well :):)

Morning~~still in time before noon!

Back to work day 3! Starting to feel tired already OMG~ still waking up MOTN to pump and also 6am before going to work.

Miss my boy lots especially in the afternoon...work is still manageable. But boss already started giving me new projects....

Great day Mummies! :)

Fatigue and migraine took over me this morning. Slept for the whole morning and it is still throbbing pain. Gotta rest and sleep again soon.

@redvel 300ish very little,my lo woke up at 8am and I feed him 180ml bm, he drink so fast and not enough, cry for more so I faster go prepare 60ml supplement and he finished it too. Haha

Ya pd did say it's very little. Just one time 300ish ml. That was when she was on avent. Now on pigeon she is drinking more already.

I notice here boys do drink more. Generally my gal is not always hungry. Have to dream feed her sometimes even in the day.

@KWL :( drink more water! I get horrid migraines when dehydrated and the weather has been terrible lately :(

Day is almost at its end and i got 2/3 of what I planned done...bubbles refused to sleep again and another spit up....I've spent some time with her on the playmat and she has pulled out 5 strands of my hair as I tried taking a selfie....no kungfu, all out if focus and blurry cos she non-stop moving lol

Mobile progress has halted. As I read back in my post for today, yeah, I lead a mundane life.

Wah so nice to drop back to pre pregnancy weight. I dunno why I'm still heavier now. So paranoid that I started taking less.. But then that led to lower milk output. A bit Sian..
Kwl: are you slim in gene? Coz u say you are a lot of rice and still below 50kg!!
As for the vocal, my LO can laugh out loud.. So nice to hear it but din have the chance to record it down.
I'm now doing job hunting.. Hopefully can get a new job.

Wah so nice to drop back to pre pregnancy weight. I dunno why I'm still heavier now. So paranoid that I started taking less.. But then that led to lower milk output. A bit Sian..
Kwl: are you slim in gene? Coz u say you are a lot of rice and still below 50kg!!
As for the vocal, my LO can laugh out loud.. So nice to hear it but din have the chance to record it down.
I'm now doing job hunting.. Hopefully can get a new job.

Average genes. U.K. Size dress 6. I can eat at least 1 cup of rice per meal now hahaha. During confinement, I ate ard 7kg of rice (5kg white, 2kg brown). Husband was shocked cos 5kg rice could last us for months previously. He didn't touch the rice during confinement

On vocal- today my little one is literally shouting and making long conversations lasting 1min with us in different pitches. It made us giggle a lot. We thought it was pretty impressive at wk 11.

I got them recorded using my iPhone but I don't know how to share the audio.

Does your little one do that too?

@KWL :( drink more water! I get horrid migraines when dehydrated and the weather has been terrible lately :(

Day is almost at its end and i got 2/3 of what I planned done...bubbles refused to sleep again and another spit up....I've spent some time with her on the playmat and she has pulled out 5 strands of my hair as I tried taking a selfie....no kungfu, all out if focus and blurry cos she non-stop moving lol

Mobile progress has halted. As I read back in my post for today, yeah, I lead a mundane life.

I felt better after tilting my head to a certain angle to counter the pain. Have also drank lots of water to beat the warm weather.

I anyhow whipped dinner. Hope to have an early night rest with little disturbance later.

I'm still hovering around 58kgs - 3 kgs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. My weight before delivery was 64.5, this pregnancy has been my most successful diet plan by far lol

On vocal- today my little one is literally shouting and making long conversations lasting 1min with us in different pitches. It made us giggle a lot. We thought it was pretty impressive at wk 11.

Yeah, especially with me every morning and evening during story time. It used to be just with me, but for the past 2 weeks she's started "chatting" with her dad and today, my MIL. Decibels increasing as well, and she can get excited when we reply excitedly lol

Reactions: KWL
I'm still hovering around 58kgs - 3 kgs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. My weight before delivery was 64.5, this pregnancy has been my most successful diet plan by far lol

Eh u didn't put on much for pregnancy! I put on a whopping 12kg, which I thought was already quite little. Maybe it is my first pregnancy, so easier to shed. Also, my weight gain was concentrated at the tummy area and more serious water retention at lower leg towards the end of pregnancy. other than that, u cannot tell that I am pregnant from the back. Maybe that is why last time I take public transport, very few ppl give up their seats to me!!!

I don't think I will have such luck when I have the second baby.

Seems like most babies are at the chatty stage now, so so cute. Mine does that too, and she wakes me up in the morning with her loud "conversations" with whatever she finds near her, could be the pillow, bolster, pandas on her muslin wrap, all the time while sucking her fist. Find it very sweet when she looks earnestly into our faces when having the "conversation".

@KWL - I really pei fu you! Busy with LO while batting a migraine, u can still whip up dinner. The most I will do is cook some noodles or pasta for no. 1 and 2, for hub and myself I will bring the baby down to dabao. What do u usually prep for dinner, other than yummy bibimbap? Share pics!
On wt loss, you will probably drop the pounds as easily as this one even for babies no. 2, 3, 4 etc if you breastfeed.

Eh u didn't put on much for pregnancy! I put on a whopping 12kg, which I thought was already quite little. Maybe it is my first pregnancy, so easier to shed. Also, my weight gain was concentrated at the tummy area and more serious water retention at lower leg towards the end of pregnancy. other than that, u cannot tell that I am pregnant from the back. Maybe that is why last time I take public transport, very few ppl give up their seats to me!!!

I don't think I will have such luck when I have the second baby.
Yeah, the gestational diabetes diet made it difficult for me to gain, even though the docs and dietitians kept telling me I had to for a safe delivery. Only managed to gain during 3rd trimester. My wedding band kept slipping off my finger in my sleep lol

Maybe it contributed to my inability to dilate TnT

12 kgs and can't tell from the back :O u must be rather fit to pull that off!

Seems like most babies are at the chatty stage now, so so cute. Mine does that too, and she wakes me up in the morning with her loud "conversations" with whatever she finds near her, could be the pillow, bolster, pandas on her muslin wrap, all the time while sucking her fist. Find it very sweet when she looks earnestly into our faces when having the "conversation".
Imagine all the little ones chatting away at (not with lol) each other!

@KWL - I really pei fu you! Busy with LO while batting a migraine, u can still whip up dinner. The most I will do is cook some noodles or pasta for no. 1 and 2, for hub and myself I will bring the baby down to dabao. What do u usually prep for dinner, other than yummy bibimbap? Share pics!
On wt loss, you will probably drop the pounds as easily as this one even for babies no. 2, 3, 4 etc if you breastfeed.

How to compare! I more Pei fu u for the courage to have 3!

I have passion for cooking so I don't find it a chore. I enjoy making good food for loved ones. Night time, I usually eat 'clean' by avoiding meat stuff. Plus husband had a hard day at work. So whenever possible, I will just prepare simple healthy meals to give him the 家 feeling. Haha!

About a year ago, my husband and I accidentally discovered a vegetable farm at cck area. So we will go there to stock up on loads of super fresh vege for the coming week. They are seriously fresh and any fresher you have to grow them on your own (like some fruit juice commercial). Most of the vege are grown using hydro technology, which means u just rinse rinse a bit can Liao. Almost no soil and is very clean.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So what do I cook? Usually rice with dishes. If I don't have the time, it will be fried rice. Fried rice can be egg fried rice, sambal fried rice, cedar shoot fried rice (香椿炒饭).

Simple Egg fried rice
image.jpeg

If I feel like eating more western, I will roast vegetables. I must recommend roasting broccoli. It is super simple and u guys can just check out YouTube for recipes. I just roasted potatoes and broccoli two days ago. The whole idea is to get the vege a little chao ta to release the caramelised fragrance. It is so delicious that my husband who doesn't eat broccoli love it so much. The same cooking method can be applied to Brussel sprouts. They go well with mushroom burger. Patty made from fresh assorted mushroom. Goes well with egg mayo or potato salad.
image.jpeg

Potato salad topped with fake bacon bits (similar taste to sushi tei version)
image.jpeg

Besides bibimbap, another easy to make dish is army stew. Super nice to eat on rainy weather. Or u can switch on aircon and crowd around the pot with your family members. Remember to slurp while eating!

image.jpeg

Yesterday's new dish - sambal petai with egg.

image.jpeg

If I am in the mood, I will prepare dessert. So far I haven't done any post-pregnancy. Preparing a meal is already quite a challenge Liao.

Nutella brownie
image.jpeg

Mango sticky rice
image.jpeg

I simply love experimenting new recipe and derive loads of satisfaction when I see family members gobble my food and even asked for more!

Yeah, the gestational diabetes diet made it difficult for me to gain, even though the docs and dietitians kept telling me I had to for a safe delivery. Only managed to gain during 3rd trimester. My wedding band kept slipping off my finger in my sleep lol

Maybe it contributed to my inability to dilate TnT

12 kgs and can't tell from the back :O u must be rather fit to pull that off!

Not fit lah! I stayed active throughout. Like still doing housework and bringing the dogs out

I was ard 38w in the pic with quite bad water retention at the legs.

Last edited:
Wahhhhhh~ it's good to go back to pre preg weight or even lesser..I'm still trying to shed more weight now.

Gained a total of 16kg from the pregnancy. 1st trimester my weight actually dropped, no morning sickness just no appetite and sleep so much. 2nd trimester slightly better, weight gain was quite steady. Just before the 3rd trimester, I was like gaining 3kg/month. My gynae was shocked and told me to control a bit since I have another 3 months to go and if gain weight linearly, I will be over the recommended total weight gain.

I dropped more carbs and replace with more veggies and fruits to suppress my hunger~ and tried to do more exercise like doing housework. Still remember on the day of my delivery, right before I go hospital, I was still vacuuming and mopping my house so it's clean before I come home :p

Hopefully I'll go back to my pre preg weight soon~

Look so good those food creations @KWL. Looks like The veg market is a must visit. I'm not really a meat eater so it would be interesting. But hor, I live so far from it.

I gained 8kg from pregnancy but I would think partly because of GD too. Else maybe I'll be slurping on a tub of ice cream every other day. Water retention back then was only mainly on my feet.

Now my body seems all back to "normal" but my skin is having bad condition due to lack of good rest. Haiz...I hope it'll be better soon.

Talking about pregnancy, I'm still getting phantom kicks occasionally. Ha it's in my head I know. Hope to experience pregnancy again which is just beautiful.

Reactions: KWL
@KWL your food pics are so tantalizing! Going to grab a bibimbap lunch later :9 thanks.for the veg source tip! But ya, a bit far from me too with no car...:(

I'm quite the carnivore but due to health reasons I limited my meat intake pre-preg. The pregnancy gave me great reason to go carte blanche with meat! I no longer have strong cravings for meat due to that. I guess in my case, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest, as the same goes for carbs and desserts post-delivery. My pregnancy penchant for peanut butter disappeared the moment I popped. (Wow I'm alliterative this morn). Probably why i didn't really put on after delivery either, though I did have crazy weeks where I would finish off 1 large packet of fish crackers a day....breastfeeding makes me ravenous!

Bubbles was a terror yesterday too, refused to sleep, when she did, she was woken up by the slightest noise. Even the wrap didn't put her into deep enough sleep - it was as if she didn't want to miss out on anything....And her cries have changed, teary and intense from the get-go. The good thing is she slept in two 4-hour stretches! A first! Doubt it will be a repeat performance :(

Hope to finish up the mobile and start on her sensory play item now that she's finally discovered her hand. Caught her staring at it yesterday while we were in the midst of a post meal 'discussion'.

She has also started to bat at my cup whenever I take a swig during her feeding time. Cheeky monkey.

Look so good those food creations @KWL. Looks like The veg market is a must visit. I'm not really a meat eater so it would be interesting. But hor, I live so far from it.

I gained 8kg from pregnancy but I would think partly because of GD too. Else maybe I'll be slurping on a tub of ice cream every other day. Water retention back then was only mainly on my feet.

Now my body seems all back to "normal" but my skin is having bad condition due to lack of good rest. Haiz...I hope it'll be better soon.

Talking about pregnancy, I'm still getting phantom kicks occasionally. Ha it's in my head I know. Hope to experience pregnancy again which is just beautiful.

The farm also sells herbs at $5/pot. So u can buy things like basil leaves, Rosemary and mint and harvest them for cooking. Cheaper than buying a big packet from ntuc each time. It is kinda interesting for a day trip. Can also go to nearby fish farm to take a look and 'go back to nature'. There is also a new SPCA nearby.

It is indeed hard to go there without a car. No public transport. And it is quite deep in.

The farm also sells herbs at $5/pot. So u can buy things like basil leaves, Rosemary and mint and harvest them for cooking. Cheaper than buying a big packet from ntuc each time. It is kinda interesting for a day trip. Can also go to nearby fish farm to take a look and 'go back to nature'. There is also a new SPCA nearby.

It is indeed hard to go there without a car. No public transport. And it is quite deep in.
I'm thinking of cultivating a herb garden at my "workshop", getting keys on 20th, so exciting! Will make it a day trip with my cousin once we find the time. I wonder if there's a service where I can rent or borrow a car seat for one day...thanks again! I think I know where, cousin goes that area frequently and mentioned seeing the new spca just last month.

Was planning to go plaza sing today, but the weather seems perfect for sleeping in, and the last time it rained heavily bubbles slept in all day! Already bathed her and feeding her now, maybe after morning nap then go...hrmm....

I'm thinking of cultivating a herb garden at my "workshop", getting keys on 20th, so exciting! Will make it a day trip with my cousin once we find the time. I wonder if there's a service where I can rent or borrow a car seat for one day...thanks again! I think I know where, cousin goes that area frequently and mentioned seeing the new spca just last month.

Was planning to go plaza sing today, but the weather seems perfect for sleeping in, and the last time it rained heavily bubbles slept in all day! Already bathed her and feeding her now, maybe after morning nap then go...hrmm....

That is a weekend market. Don't go on weekdays!

@snowfern don't really need a car seat if u don't use it frequent. Just get someone to carry your baby. I got car seat but my baby refuse to sit, 80% of the time he will cry and scream so I carry him lo. At first I 忍, let him cry it out, maybe car move already will be better. But no lo ... Even worse. Drive over the uneven road he got shock, two hand up on the air and scream, face red red, mouth big big ,tear drop off from his eyes.. No choice .. Worry if cry too long stomach got wind, got to carry him up. I suspect maybe car tire too much air and cause bouncy, go n release some air out but still no improvement. Now due to this car seat problem, may have a change in plan. At first we plan to let mil take care, but my baby don't want to sit car seat. How my hub drive him to mil house.. So we ask mil to come over our house but she don't want, reason is she don't know how to use my kitchen, Aiyo how difficult my kitchen can be, only no fire what.. Induction cooker lo. Then I ask my mum for help, she said she got two kids(8,3 yrs old) afraid can't handle mine. So I offer to get a helper for her,now searching up n down for helper lo.. Filipino can sing and read to baby, but i check their fb photo.. Got shock!! From Aunty look become sexy lady. Now agent recommend indo, a 23 yrs old married with 3 yrs old kid. I afraid too young will miss home and also communication problem. Sigh .. Time is running up.. I need to go back work by 18 November , new maid need 4 weeks to come.. Stressed !!!

@snowfern don't really need a car seat if u don't use it frequent. Just get someone to carry your baby. I got car seat but my baby refuse to sit, 80% of the time he will cry and scream so I carry him lo. At first I 忍, let him cry it out, maybe car move already will be better. But no lo ... Even worse. Drive over the uneven road he got shock, two hand up on the air and scream, face red red, mouth big big ,tear drop off from his eyes.. No choice .. Worry if cry too long stomach got wind, got to carry him up. I suspect maybe car tire too much air and cause bouncy, go n release some air out but still no improvement. Now due to this car seat problem, may have a change in plan. At first we plan to let mil take care, but my baby don't want to sit car seat. How my hub drive him to mil house.. So we ask mil to come over our house but she don't want, reason is she don't know how to use my kitchen, Aiyo how difficult my kitchen can be, only no fire what.. Induction cooker lo. Then I ask my mum for help, she said she got two kids(8,3 yrs old) afraid can't handle mine. So I offer to get a helper for her,now searching up n down for helper lo.. Filipino can sing and read to baby, but i check their fb photo.. Got shock!! From Aunty look become sexy lady. Now agent recommend indo, a 23 yrs old married with 3 yrs old kid. I afraid too young will miss home and also communication problem. Sigh .. Time is running up.. I need to go back work by 18 November , new maid need 4 weeks to come.. Stressed !!!

Wah so eventful! Car seat problem- maybe u should try again with shorter distance. Feed baby first? Or u got pram to testing testing 1,2,3? Usually the movement from car driving can rock the baby to sleep. Mine will fuss if hungry. And was it because u only started to bring out on car seat only recently? Wonder if there is something like car seat training (akin to dream feeding training) for kids.

Regarding helpers, don't have to worry about Indo helpers. My maternal family has hired a few to take care of my grandparents. They are here for a job so won't anyhow. They will miss their kids for sure but u can always get them a telephone card ($20 store value) from those ah Beng hp shop for them to call home using our home phone. Just need to follow some strings of number and it is definitely cheaper than letting them use hp or IDD to call home. Usually when u are nice to them, they will be nice to ur family too.

For my case, the helpers that stayed with us usually grow 1-2 sizes larger. Hahaha. Boomz when they go back.

Communication also not a problem at all. U can use hand gesture initially. They will be able to pick up our language very fast. All my helpers can speak hokkien by the end of their contract term.

Our helpers usually extend their contract with our family. First one did 3 years then husband recall back to give birth. Second one did 3 years and BT recall back to marry. Third one (current)'s contract will expire next year. So far she loves my baby and always help me to carry and coax to sleep whenever I am at my mum's place. She was also willing to help me take care of my dogs during my confinement. So don't worry. I am sure you will meet good ones! Have confidence.

@KWL - seriously, your dishes are fantastic! I am inspired. 偶像!!! Each meal should take you about 1 hr? What do u do with LO when you're cooking? Does she sleep through dinner prep? I can probably do the army stew, the rest I seriously doubt so with LO as she's usually fussy in the evening, only seems happy and contented after she's bathed, dressed, lights turned down.
By the way, can share your recipe for the mushroom patty? N now I'm craving for nutella brownies :p
On Kok Fah, ooh, I stay around that area. You stay around that too? If I'm not wrong, there's a shuttle going to Qian Hu Fish farm and the place where there're pet shops, seafood restaurants (argh! Can't recall name of that place!) from cck interchange, kok wah is within walking distance from those places or not?

@emk - would it help if you place the car seat at home first, let him sit in it for a while everyday while u talk to him, do your chores etc so he will get used to it?
Agree with @KWL that there r pretty good Indon helpers, you are nice to them they will take care of your family. So far, my experience with Indon helpers (3 so far) are quite good. All are young, around 23-24, two have young kids back home, but none hv exhibited signs of missing family badly. Usually agents show you interview videos to allow u to gauge English competency, you can assess from there. For those without interview videos to show, can ask your agent to set up Skype for u to do interview with maid on spot? Some may not be as bright as in very specific instructions need to be given, but they're good in that they are very simple at heart. If you need a maid who can run your household independently, fetch kids from place to place etc, you may want to consider a Fiipino. Do note that generally they have a lot of pride as most are quite highly educated, so they may not take kindly to instructions on how to do stuff.

@KWL very short distance already .. I stay yishun, mil stay sembawang. Only 20mins drive. Now he very smart, the moments I carry him and enter the car, he start crying already. Hmm not recently, face this problem when he is weeks 6. I also suspect maybe car seat too cramp for him but infant car seat is this size leh.. I got another car seat booster but that's for 9months onwards.
ImageUploadedByForum1475741481.507282.jpg
does this look like too cramp ? He don't like the safety belt to run over his leg. He very fussy on all these, don't want carrier and sling, stroller must see mood. Got one day I push him to the ntuc opposite my place. Suddenly he cry so loud.. Everyone is looking at me.. I got no choice but to carry him up. One hand push stroller one hand carry him.. Now I a bit scare to push him out.

Back