2016/04 April babies

Hi all

Yesterday i tried the pregnancy kit, and have positive result!!!

Haven't done any other preparation yet... Base on the online check, the expected due date would be 14 Apr 2016!!!

Hope to exchange news with you all. Can you please also add me to the Facebook private group? My email is:
[email protected]
sent you a friend request,: )

Hi! I just tested positive last Friday. I calculated the edd date by the online calculator and saw that it should be April 2016 edd (so fast meh! lol).

This is my #2, and seems more stable than jie jie. My #1 I had spotting for 10 over days. But still worried about it :p

Hi! I just tested positive last Friday. I calculated the edd date by the online calculator and saw that it should be April 2016 edd (so fast meh! lol).

This is my #2, and seems more stable than jie jie. My #1 I had spotting for 10 over days. But still worried about it :p
I have spotting . Doc gave med to stable the hormones .

Hi! Congrats to all April 2016 mommies-to-be! =)

My edd is around 20 April (according to my tcm doc; haven't seen my gynae yet). =) Last Thursday was the first time I tested with the pregnancy test kit from Guardian, and I threw away the test kit into the trash bin immediately when I saw that there wasn't a second red line. But when I re-read the instructions again, I realised I was supposed to wait for 5 minutes for the results to show! Shows how blur I am! =) Anyway, I quickly retrieved back the test kit and there was a visible line on it. So happy! But just to double confirm, I did the test again on Friday with the more expensive Clearblue test kit which will state pregnant or not pregnant. It was a very anxious period waiting for the hourglass to reveal the results... was afraid that the first test was a false positive. =D Phew! This is my first pregnancy.

I haven't seen my gynae yet but would be doing so on my 6th week, which is next week. I heard from 6th week onwards, chances of hearing the heartbeat is better. Am already feeling the effects of fatigue, bloating, dehydration... somehow these started on the very same day after I saw the results from the pregnancy test. =D I also feel hungry like some of you here cos many of the food that I love are already forbidden to us, and it is especially difficult when I am a foodie. TCM doc told me the list of food to avoid: Watermelon, mango, durian (my favourite!), ice cream, longan, coffee (luckily I don't drink), tea (including green tea, one cup max), grapes, all herbal soups including bak kut teh, prawns, crab, celery, ginger (cos can cause jaundice in baby), and fried, oily and spicy food.... it feels like practically nothing left to eat. =D

Hihi mummies,

:) I'm on week 7 and i'm goin for my 3rd appt this Fri to hear heartbeat. I went for my 1st appt on week 4 and he did ultrasound scan cfm i'm pregnant after I tested positive the day b4.

Pls add me to the fb group too ([email protected])

My edd is around 20 April (according to my tcm doc; haven't seen my gynae yet). =) Last Thursday was the first time I tested with the pregnancy test kit from Guardian, and I threw away the test kit into the trash bin immediately when I saw that there wasn't a second red line. But when I re-read the instructions again, I realised I was supposed to wait for 5 minutes for the results to show! Shows how blur I am! =) Anyway, I quickly retrieved back the test kit and there was a visible line on it. So happy! But just to double confirm, I did the test again on Friday with the more expensive Clearblue test kit which will state pregnant or not pregnant. It was a very anxious period waiting for the hourglass to reveal the results... was afraid that the first test was a false positive. =D Phew! This is my first pregnancy.

I haven't seen my gynae yet but would be doing so on my 6th week, which is next week. I heard from 6th week onwards, chances of hearing the heartbeat is better. Am already feeling the effects of fatigue, bloating, dehydration... somehow these started on the very same day after I saw the results from the pregnancy test. =D I also feel hungry like some of you here cos many of the food that I love are already forbidden to us, and it is especially difficult when I am a foodie. TCM doc told me the list of food to avoid: Watermelon, mango, durian (my favourite!), ice cream, longan, coffee (luckily I don't drink), tea (including green tea, one cup max), grapes, all herbal soups including bak kut teh, prawns, crab, celery, ginger (cos can cause jaundice in baby), and fried, oily and spicy food.... it feels like practically nothing left to eat. =D
Ya. A lot of food we are not able to eat. Like some moment. I just really feel like eating it. But just gotta tolerate. I still eat spicy food. I got craving for spicy food most of the time.

i think i ate most of that for my #1... i feel some things in moderation is ok. happy mummy= happy baby. no need to try so hard to curb your cravings: )

Ya. A lot of food we are not able to eat. Like some moment. I just really feel like eating it. But just gotta tolerate. I still eat spicy food. I got craving for spicy food most of the time.

Me too! Have to tolerate... at least till this unstable period is over.

i think i ate most of that for my #1... i feel some things in moderation is ok. happy mummy= happy baby. no need to try so hard to curb your cravings: )

Hahaha you brave mommy! =) But I agree everything in moderation. =)

Since this pregnancy is not easy to come by for me, I guess I will abstain from eating those forbidden foods for now till the 1st trimester is over. I guess a little bit of this and that that after these 3 months will not do any harm to me. =) Haha actually during this month, without knowing of this pregnancy, I have actually eaten a lot of durian, a lot of chilli, raw stuff, rojak, crab, ice cream etc... Hahaha but will be guai for now. =)

Hi chrisop,

At least the list given by your tcm dr is not so horrible like mine, mine is even more terrible. However, I still lost it early on at about week 9 or so, as never grow since 6 weeks and 1 day.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Have a happy and healthy 9 months ahead.

Hey everyone,
I got positive test result today. Since,it's my first I went to see a doctor. Nothing was clear in the scan but then I got the assurance of pregnancy. Next appointment is on 31st. So excited and looking forward to it. Just one concern I have been noticing is 'mild' stomach ache. Is it normal? Am 4 weeks pregnant! Any input/suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hey everyone,
I got positive test result today. Since,it's my first I went to see a doctor. Nothing was clear in the scan but then I got the assurance of pregnancy. Next appointment is on 31st. So excited and looking forward to it. Just one concern I have been noticing is 'mild' stomach ache. Is it normal? Am 4 weeks pregnant! Any input/suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Monika Sharma,

Do you mean cramp? If it is cramps, it is normal, due to your uterus expanding.

Hey everyone,
Thanks!
Congrats Monika! Yes it's so exciting when it's the first one! Honestly I feel so different now I'm having my 2nd one. Haha.

I think cramps r very normal. I am having cramps now on & off too. Its a sign the womb is expanding. But the cramps should not be so severe.. And should not come with too much spotting. That's why my gynae told me.

Hahaha you brave mommy! =) But I agree everything in moderation. =)

Since this pregnancy is not easy to come by for me, I guess I will abstain from eating those forbidden foods for now till the 1st trimester is over. I guess a little bit of this and that that after these 3 months will not do any harm to me. =) Haha actually during this month, without knowing of this pregnancy, I have actually eaten a lot of durian, a lot of chilli, raw stuff, rojak, crab, ice cream etc... Hahaha but will be guai for now. =)
High 5! Same here! I didn't know I was in the early weeks of pregnancy and I ate sashimi, durian, lots of seafood.

Let's all be guai til we safely pass out first trimester! :)

Hi chrisop,

At least the list given by your tcm dr is not so horrible like mine, mine is even more terrible. However, I still lost it early on at about week 9 or so, as never grow since 6 weeks and 1 day.
Hugs. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I had first trimester loss previously too.. And the first thing gynae said to me was, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. And I was so careful with all my food since Day 1.

Congrats Cherie! How old is jie jie?

Hope all mummies to be and mummies here don't have any spotting!

Hugs. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I had first trimester loss previously too.. And the first thing gynae said to me was, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. And I was so careful with all my food since Day 1.

Hi Littlemr,

This is not my first loss, so on encouragement of another forum expectant mom here, I am consulting Dr Mahesh in his private suite, to find out the real reason, so that I can best prepare my next pregnancy. All the test results will be back around September 20th or so. So I am seeing him on Sept 25 (Fri) morning. So he has warned that before then, I am not allowed to get pregnant, as first, can throw his whole treatment plan for me (and my hubby if needed) off track; and second, can lead to the same miscarriage issue again, if the root cause is not treated.

So I just got to be guai for now too. Also since miscarriage (as it is multiple over a few years), am seeing tcm to strengthen my uterus, hoping that it will help my next pregnancy to stay around for the 9 months.

hi all, this is my no1 so quite excited about it. Haven selected any gynae yet but most prob at KKH.
checking online, my edd date is on 13apr16.

Can add me to the FB private grp. my email is babygodz.rain @ yahoo.com

Last edited:
Thanks Littlemr! My #1 is 20 months, and this #2 is quite unplanned haha.

Actually for my #1, I also watch my diet very closely and cut out coffee/tea/chocolate/milo from my diet since I was spotting then. But this time round too relax.. Keep eating spicy food (cos no appetite) and prawns lol.. Also had weird cravings for durian which I used to dislike.

Schedule to see Dr Benjamin Tham on 1 Sep. Is it normal to feel morning sickness now?

Congrats Monika! Yes it's so exciting when it's the first one! Honestly I feel so different now I'm having my 2nd one. Haha.

I think cramps r very normal. I am having cramps now on & off too. Its a sign the womb is expanding. But the cramps should not be so severe.. And should not come with too much spotting. That's why my gynae told me.
Thanks a ton for the information! Cramps aren't severe and no spotting. Much relieved that the cramps are a normal thing during early pregnancy.

I think I'm the other way round. for my no 1, I wasn't strict on diet, cold drinks, tea.. I will drink..
but this time. I hope I can cut cold drinks and tea totally.. hahahha

my son is healthy lah.. just that very active which I think could it be too much tea during pregnancy... haha
so I'm cutting tea this time..

only worry that my son will accidentally kick my stomach.. haha..

CherieL: have you told ur girl about this pregnancy?

Thanks Littlemr! My #1 is 20 months, and this #2 is quite unplanned haha.

Actually for my #1, I also watch my diet very closely and cut out coffee/tea/chocolate/milo from my diet since I was spotting then. But this time round too relax.. Keep eating spicy food (cos no appetite) and prawns lol.. Also had weird cravings for durian which I used to dislike.

Schedule to see Dr Benjamin Tham on 1 Sep. Is it normal to feel morning sickness now?
Yes. This is my first pregnancy. I'm actually watching my diet very closely too. As I do have spotting for a day. I don't drink tea. But I still do drink Milo.

Hi ladies, I'm new to this group. Any of u know what food do i take for baby heart development? I'm expecting twins in 6 weeks now, ytd scan show 1 heartbeat is weak. Trying to be +ve but still very worry. Appreciate your info, thx!

Hi ladies, I'm new to this group. Any of u know what food do i take for baby heart development? I'm expecting twins in 6 weeks now, ytd scan show 1 heartbeat is weak. Trying to be +ve but still very worry. Appreciate your info, thx!

Any advise from Gynae?

Any advise from Gynae?
Given injection yesterday n ask to rest for a week, then go for another scan. Diet wise, my doc advise no raw food didn't really specific wat food is good. Btw I'm seeing Dr THH in KKH, this is my 2nd cycle IVF.

Given injection yesterday n ask to rest for a week, then go for another scan. Diet wise, my doc advice no raw food didn't really specific wat food is good. Btw I'm seeing Dr THH in KKH, this is my 2nd cycle IVF.

I see. Then you better rest well and stay positive.. I'm not sure what is good for heart development.. But I think just eat healthy food.. Wouldn't go wrong.. Everyting just moderate though.. No raw or half-cooked food can already..

Hi all, I am new here! Self tested positive over the weekend and am waiting for first Gynae appointment in early Sep! Decided on Dr. Goh SL as she was recommended by my SIL. Used to be with KKH but went on to set up her own clinic.

Very excited as this is #1... Am happy to meet everyone here! :) all the best to all of us!!

Hi muamua, I have pm you. can add me to the Fb group? Thanks so much!

hi anyone chosen kkh for their delivery? heard got alot of subsidy and its cheaper. & any idea kkh ward A can claim medisave?

Hi all, I am new here! Self tested positive over the weekend and am waiting for first Gynae appointment in early Sep! Decided on Dr. Goh SL as she was recommended by my SIL. Used to be with KKH but went on to set up her own clinic.

Very excited as this is #1... Am happy to meet everyone here! :) all the best to all of us!!

Hi muamua, I have pm you. can add me to the Fb group? Thanks so much!
Congrats .. Early stage must take extra care .

s_loh: I only asked if she wants a didi or mei mei. But I think 20 mths still too young to express herself haha.

joeykw: congrats! It's not easy going through IVF. Do rem to take folic acid, the gynae should be able to help :) Pray for the best for your twinnies!

Anyone else here like me, always worrying (before first scan)? Opps... Trying to be positive though.

s_loh: I only asked if she wants a didi or mei mei. But I think 20 mths still too young to express herself haha.

joeykw: congrats! It's not easy going through IVF. Do rem to take folic acid, the gynae should be able to help :) Pray for the best for your twinnies!

Anyone else here like me, always worrying (before first scan)? Opps... Trying to be positive though.

Oh I see.. I ask my 30 mths old boy if he wan didi or meimei, he say meimei and kor kor.. Haha
Then I told him not to kick my tummy coz got baby inside, he say "shame shame" hahaha

even after the first scan, also worry.. oops

Last edited:

Ohh yes,worried to death I am. Very nervous! Am travelling in month end so it adds more to worries. Just hoping for the best.

MIA for quite some time. My morning sickness is terrible, every morning still have to take train to work, crowded, and no one will let me sit without the bump. :-(

muamua, i dropped you an private message to add me to the fb group. :)

Back