2016/04 April babies

I intend to tell her after my first scan . Cos me and my hub know that she will go round telling people. So we initially don't intend to tell her so soon. But seeing the food she cook we got no choice got to let her know after the scan. So hub say he will tell her not to go round and tell others.

Yes I tink u should tell her and also tell her don't tell others...

we also havnt tell both side parents.. intend to tell after the next scan in sept.

Ya..for me rule of thumb is first trimester nutrition is the most impt because of the development of the fetus.. if you are not sure about the food you are taking then just skip it..
Cooked veges, eggs, chicken and beef are the safest and will not go wrong.. so in any doubts..just fall back to these staple food and you are safe.

is threadfin (午鱼) fine?

Yes I tink u should tell her and also tell her don't tell others...

we also havnt tell both side parents.. intend to tell after the next scan in sept.
I told my mum. But not mil yet. Sat I going for scan. So might be telling her next week. Ya. Hub will tell her not to go tell others.

is threadfin (午鱼) fine?
Not too sure about threadfin...maybe you can check online.. should have more information.

Tuna, yellow tail fish, sword fish, shark, mackeral..these are the common ones that i know that have high mercury content. Online have more comprehensive list.

For me..i love unagi..eel..but i am unsure about its contents..so i just skip it for first trimester.

So which kind of food have mercury?

Usually fishes and shellfish contain mercury, some have low, some have high.. Can eat those fishes with Low Mercury and to avoid those with high Mercury..

Eg: shark, tuna, swordfish, king mackerel (these have high Mercury and that I known of)

I think salmon, thread fin and cod fish are safe coz young kids usually eat them

Usually fishes and shellfish contain mercury, some have low, some have high.. Can eat those fishes with Low Mercury and to avoid those with high Mercury..

Eg: shark, tuna, swordfish, king mackerel (these have high Mercury and that I known of)

I think salmon, thread fin and cod fish are safe coz young kids usually eat them
OK. I eat cod fish quite alot. When out eating usually hub will order cod fish.

Hello! First time mum-to-be here. Just found this thread, BB expected in April if all goes well, estimated 6+weeks preg now. First gynae appt with Dr Benjamin Tham as well on 27 Aug, on the recommendation of friends. Looks like he is really popular! Anyone already gone for an appt with him?

Hello! First time mum-to-be here. Just found this thread, BB expected in April if all goes well, estimated 6+weeks preg now. First gynae appt with Dr Benjamin Tham as well on 27 Aug, on the recommendation of friends. Looks like he is really popular! Anyone already gone for an appt with him?
Congrats!
My appt 21 aug...anxious.
Take care

I'm coming to 6 weeks. Anyone taking prenatal vitamins now? What brand?

For now you can just take folic acid in early pregnancy..you can buy off shelf from guardian and unity. When you go for gynae checkup he may prescribe you futher supplements e.g. iron tables, omega 3 dha and calcium vit D tablets.

For constipation, prune juice is really good! Otherwise can ask gynae to prescribe some stool softener? That will help too.

As for fish, babies n young toddlers eat cod fish, salmon & ngor he fish so these 3 r confirmed safe for preggy ladies!

Those that love banana or need banana.. Just buy the kids banana.. U r safe. Don't eat the del monte ones cuz those are very cooling.

Kitty88, same here I haven't told mil yet! I want to wait until next scan end of August before I let her know. My fear is let her happy for nothing.

Hi All,

Yes, please do not ever take liang tea during the first trimester. I unexpectedly took it during my first pregnancy in Dec 2011, and ended up with a miscarriage at week 8, as baby's growth was behind by 2 weeks, and heartbeat was also low.

I took the liang cha around week 5 or 6, I think.

I intend to tell her after my first scan . Cos me and my hub know that she will go round telling people. So we initially don't intend to tell her so soon. But seeing the food she cook we got no choice got to let her know after the scan. So hub say he will tell her not to go round and tell others.
When will be ur next scan again?

For constipation, prune juice is really good! Otherwise can ask gynae to prescribe some stool softener? That will help too.

As for fish, babies n young toddlers eat cod fish, salmon & ngor he fish so these 3 r confirmed safe for preggy ladies!

Those that love banana or need banana.. Just buy the kids banana.. U r safe. Don't eat the del monte ones cuz those are very cooling.

Kitty88, same here I haven't told mil yet! I want to wait until next scan end of August before I let her know. My fear is let her happy for nothing.
Ya. My intention is to let her know when my scan can see everything.

Anybody having morning sickness already? These few days I keep feeling nauseous and wake up middle of the night feeling unwell

Anybody having morning sickness already? These few days I keep feeling nauseous and wake up middle of the night feeling unwell

Me.. Not just morning sickness, its more of a "anytime" sickness... :p Generally it seems to be triggered by unaccustomed smells. Feel like the sense of smell is extra strong. hahaha

Ya today is like whole day sickness lol. Keep feeling unwell. Sometimes get woken up by mild cramps too. But I'll always talk to beanie and always think it's worth it!
Have u done ur scan?

I don't have morning sickness (fingers crossed), but I cannot go on hunger, once hungry I need to eat, else I get giddy....

I don't have morning sickness (fingers crossed), but I cannot go on hunger, once hungry I need to eat, else I get giddy....
Oh then u better keep some snacks in your bag in case. Must take care! I'm feeling hungry every now and then. My hub said I'm fat liao :(

Oh then u better keep some snacks in your bag in case. Must take care! I'm feeling hungry every now and then. My hub said I'm fat liao :(
I also feel fat n bloated liao...belly look like 3 months preggy even though is only 5 weeks now!

Anyone will feel cold? I thought we should feel warm instead of cold.. But I'm feeling cold in aircon room
Me! Those few days kept raining, I was feeling so cold in office n train stations. I thought so too that preggers shld always feel hot. Maybe not for all ppl, just wear more and don't catch a cold :)

Mi too my tummy is so bloated and big that I cannot fit into some bottoms.
Did u carry any heavy things recently? If there's any abnormal discharge better consult ur gynae.
Before I had the brown mucus I sneeze alot. Then that's all. No more mucus. Don't think I carry anything heavy. I try to avoid taking too heavy things now.

Before I had the brown mucus I sneeze alot. Then that's all. No more mucus. Don't think I carry anything heavy. I try to avoid taking too heavy things now.

Dun worry too much. Just tell your gynae Tmr. I had brown or pink discharge throughout my 1st pregnancy and it happened when I puked cos I used a lot of force. I puked throughout my 9 mths.

My boy is healthily born. Sometimes it's just our body. Dr tham wasn't able to pinpoint exactly why too. But I was given a jab n hormones pills. So dun worry too much first k.

Dun worry too much. Just tell your gynae Tmr. I had brown or pink discharge throughout my 1st pregnancy and it happened when I puked cos I used a lot of force. I puked throughout my 9 mths.

My boy is healthily born. Sometimes it's just our body. Dr tham wasn't able to pinpoint exactly why too. But I was given a jab n hormones pills. So dun worry too much first k.
Thanks. After seeing what you say. I'm at ease now.

Me! Those few days kept raining, I was feeling so cold in office n train stations. I thought so too that preggers shld always feel hot. Maybe not for all ppl, just wear more and don't catch a cold :)

Oh ok. I tot I was the only one who was cold cos I dun remember feeling chilly n cold last time. So it's normal. I still went to google but I got weird answers.

Back