(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Hope you are alright? Don't walk too much and try to bed rest more..
Thanks mehmehguinguin, so far so good, I think... found another few more drops after I nap. Can't help to be worried.

Hi bb love, try to rest more. If u are not satisfied then seek a second opinion with a private doctor. I find that sometimes KKH medical management is quite minimal....

if the pain is getting really uncomfortable, see another gynae.
Thanks hi_mei n pinkylove, my next n 1st appt is on 27th this mth at sgh. Hopefully the bleeding doesn't get worse. Actually I'm feel a little regret for changing to sgh n some how still think kkh is better. Maybe the thought of Dr Lau is there that makes me feel comfortable.
On the other hand, no choice as my office is v near to sgh. Long term, sgh is better. Haiz... Dunno wat I want for now.

Thanks hi_mei n pinkylove, my next n 1st appt is on 27th this mth at sgh. Hopefully the bleeding doesn't get worse. Actually I'm feel a little regret for changing to sgh n some how still think kkh is better. Maybe the thought of Dr Lau is there that makes me feel comfortable.
On the other hand, no choice as my office is v near to sgh. Long term, sgh is better. Haiz... Dunno wat I want for now.
You bleed only when u wipe? Try to bed rest as much as u can. :)

Congrats many new mummies here!The thread is at least moving faster.Somehow I still prefer to chat here as in FB altho is private chat..FB still able to trace our private info if they want to (i am from digital maketing line).I am now 10 weeks + and moving to 11 weeks by this week.Times flies and finally getting there nearer to 3 mths.My last visit at 9 weeks 3 days heard bb heartbeat and little one moving here and there..it is an amazing feeling.All mummies please stay positive, in due time you will pass the so call safe period.My oscar on next Friday, very excited and hope all goes well.Due to my age my gynae suggested harmony too...wonder if any of you take double test? Oscar and harmony?If Oscar test pass, is it necessary for harmony? Also anyone took blood test before Oscar?I asked gynae she said is for pregnancy test not sure what she meant..

You bleed only when u wipe? Try to bed rest as much as u can. :)
Nope. The bleed start anytime n anyhow. Can be from wipe or b4 urine. Sometimes bleed together w discharge. Walk too or walk too little or bed rest also bleed, so really no idea how to stop bleeding. I can only hope the bleed doesn't affect bb can liao. Beside bleed, I also got crazy cramps. Any time any where, feel so frustrated n yet nothing can be done. Only 2nd mth, still got long long battle to go... :(

I know. People went to complain to my boss I like to take MC but we know what is more impt to us can already.
Anyway sometimes I can't understand why people cannot be a bit kinder. People surely have a reason for taking MC that's why it can only be issued by doctor right?
hi_mei, I feel for u. I also have a group of colleagues used to back n front stab me in front of boss n other colleagues. I used to be v depressed n feel like the world is so unfair. Lucky me, I got a boss whom suddenly believe in me n the rest of the rumors ended slowly after 1 yr plus of nonsense.
Pls be urself n believe urself, everything will be over. Let's look forward to carry our lovely n happy bb. Jia you! :)

Nope. The bleed start anytime n anyhow. Can be from wipe or b4 urine. Sometimes bleed together w discharge. Walk too or walk too little or bed rest also bleed, so really no idea how to stop bleeding. I can only hope the bleed doesn't affect bb can liao. Beside bleed, I also got crazy cramps. Any time any where, feel so frustrated n yet nothing can be done. Only 2nd mth, still got long long battle to go... :(
Jiayou mummy! Stay positive, we believe baby will be fine! Try to minimize walk too much ya!

Congrats many new mummies here!The thread is at least moving faster.Somehow I still prefer to chat here as in FB altho is private chat..FB still able to trace our private info if they want to (i am from digital maketing line).I am now 10 weeks + and moving to 11 weeks by this week.Times flies and finally getting there nearer to 3 mths.My last visit at 9 weeks 3 days heard bb heartbeat and little one moving here and there..it is an amazing feeling.All mummies please stay positive, in due time you will pass the so call safe period.My oscar on next Friday, very excited and hope all goes well.Due to my age my gynae suggested harmony too...wonder if any of you take double test? Oscar and harmony?If Oscar test pass, is it necessary for harmony? Also anyone took blood test before Oscar?I asked gynae she said is for pregnancy test not sure what she meant..
Congrats mummy! Do u mind if I ask your age range? I am 35, soon to be 36, wondering if we are same category and need to do same kind of test?

Just now have sudden sharp pain at my right side lower abdomen, can't even move my body for few second. Hubby quickly put me on bed. I feel very uncomfortable tonight, like body temperature suddenly shoot up high and feel so uneasy in addition with the MS.. Sigh, am I worry too much again :( Hopefully the sharp pain doesn't mean anything :(

Mebmehguinguin, I ever has a sharp pain on upper abdomen during my first preg. I have to bend down. Really cannot stand straight. But then I discovered that is actually I wear my bra too tight. Aft releasing the hook, I am ok again. Really lame though. Just monitor if this get frequent. And in case u are wearing very tight.

I had that last week. But it's brown or red tinted discharge when I wipe or walk. I was quite worried too as I din hv it for my #1. But my gynae told me it could be due to implantation bleeding. He told me there is no blood in my womb so i am doing OK.

Bring this up to your gynae during your next check up. if you are still worried, bring forward your appt. :)

Just now have sudden sharp pain at my right side lower abdomen, can't even move my body for few second. Hubby quickly put me on bed. I feel very uncomfortable tonight, like body temperature suddenly shoot up high and feel so uneasy in addition with the MS.. Sigh, am I worry too much again :( Hopefully the sharp pain doesn't mean anything :(
I had sharp pain in my 6w+ and I was so worried that it could be etopic since I haven't gone for any check up.

If the pain has gone, and there is no bleeding then it should be fine.: )

I had that last week. But it's brown or red tinted discharge when I wipe or walk. I was quite worried too as I din hv it for my #1. But my gynae told me it could be due to implantation bleeding. He told me there is no blood in my womb so i am doing OK.

Bring this up to your gynae during your next check up. if you are still worried, bring forward your appt. :)
Mine is bright red, fresh blood. 24hr clinic Dr said it's from polyps. I've also asked Dr Lau b4, he said it's normal to have polyps n polyps do cause bleeding. However, as I'm in early 1st trimester better be careful as it's not easy to differentiate polyps bleeding or sign of mc. He said if the bleeding is like af must go 24hr clinic.
Me kiasi, few drops of blood already scared me, so went to 24hr clinic to check if bb alright. I'll try to bring appt early but not gng to be easy as sgh appt is always fully booked.

@XiaoMif75, I not 35 yet but I taking harmony test straight. Skipping oscar. Harmony test is 99% accuracy and can even know gender whereas oscar is only 90%? Have friendS (not juz 1) who tool oscar and got false result. End up taking harmony to confirm and spending more. That's why hubby &me decided to skip oscar straight. Perhaps you can discuss w ur gyne which is best option for u?

Mine is bright red, fresh blood. 24hr clinic Dr said it's from polyps. I've also asked Dr Lau b4, he said it's normal to have polyps n polyps do cause bleeding. However, as I'm in early 1st trimester better be careful as it's not easy to differentiate polyps bleeding or sign of mc. He said if the bleeding is like af must go 24hr clinic.
Me kiasi, few drops of blood already scared me, so went to 24hr clinic to check if bb alright. I'll try to bring appt early but not gng to be easy as sgh appt is always fully booked.
Oh dear, it must be really scaring you. Yes, kkh 24h is another good alternative. Meanwhile, dun overexert yourself. Stay positive and all will be well.

Thanks mehmehguinguin, so far so good, I think... found another few more drops after I nap. Can't help to be worried.

bb_love, where is your office? I work quite near sgh too! abt 20mins from sgh :)

@XiaoMif75, I not 35 yet but I taking harmony test straight. Skipping oscar. Harmony test is 99% accuracy and can even know gender whereas oscar is only 90%? Have friendS (not juz 1) who tool oscar and got false result. End up taking harmony to confirm and spending more. That's why hubby &me decided to skip oscar straight. Perhaps you can discuss w ur gyne which is best option for u?

Me plan to go straight to harmony test too because alot of my friends/colleagues got false positive from OSCAR and they ended up paying more for additional harmony test and genetic scan.

Never stay with them but used to help with their housework, now cannot liao.. Ya, I better try to avoid the mosquito hour!! My fil no fixed time burn de.. he likes then burn.. so hopefully when he burns next time my hubby already finish his dinner then we can head home.. haha!

Can I ask u all a stupid question? In btw gynae appts is like a few weeks.. will you all have negative tots like is the baby growing? Wat if the baby stop growing? I read tat there are ppl whose baby stop growing 2 weeks ago and they only know during their appt.. quite scary..
I keep having the tots and worrying that LO not growing. I ask my hub to call clinic and ask if we can jus go for scan. Although ms still there, mayb still small can not feel LO keep worrying LO not growing....

Everyday in morn and esp 4pm, I feel like dozing off. I did slept at 10 plus pm which is consider very early already. Zzzz.
Icygol, I have not see gynae yet. Therefore, do feel like you do. I dun dare tell cos I am like unsure really preg? Is like must see to verify. Must scan then ensure everything is fine.

I keep having the tots and worrying that LO not growing. I ask my hub to call clinic and ask if we can jus go for scan. Although ms still there, mayb still small can not feel LO keep worrying LO not growing....

My gynae says got ppl hor everyday go in to scan one.. he met before once..

Everyday in morn and esp 4pm, I feel like dozing off. I did slept at 10 plus pm which is consider very early already. Zzzz.
Icygol, I have not see gynae yet. Therefore, do feel like you do. I dun dare tell cos I am like unsure really preg? Is like must see to verify. Must scan then ensure everything is fine.

When is your appt to see gynae? I tink things should get better when the baby reach 5mths.. and we start feeling the baby's movement n kicks.. then we know ok..baby is inside.. BUT.... when a period of no kicks.. i tink paranoid will take over again.. I really salute those mums very cool de.. everything take it very easy.. I know we should la..better for baby.. but somehow I cannot stop worrying... =x

My last appt was on the 31st Oct and next is 24th Nov. Its a long wait. I wanna see/hear baby's heartbeat again. Can I just go kkh 24hr and ask for a scan? Or any clinic?

My last appt was on the 31st Oct and next is 24th Nov. Its a long wait. I wanna see/hear baby's heartbeat again. Can I just go kkh 24hr and ask for a scan? Or any clinic?

Neighbourhood women's clinic got scan also.. tat time i confirm my pregnancy from neighbour women clinic wor.. :) kkh hor dunno will entertain u or not leh.. later the on call doctors scold.. alternatively, can buy the doppler like some of the mummies here.. then can listen to baby's heartbeat as and when.

Oh my appt i schedule 2 wks once de.. cannot one month once.. my mind runs wild more!! Anyway gynae ok with 2 wks once.. lol

Neighbourhood women's clinic got scan also.. tat time i confirm my pregnancy from neighbour women clinic wor.. :) kkh hor dunno will entertain u or not leh.. later the on call doctors scold.. alternatively, can buy the doppler like some of the mummies here.. then can listen to baby's heartbeat as and when.

Oh my appt i schedule 2 wks once de.. cannot one month once.. my mind runs wild more!! Anyway gynae ok with 2 wks once.. lol
Yup can get the doppler but u must be prepared first few tries maybe u cannot find the heartbeat (cuz not experienced) and don't panic....

hi_mei, I feel for u. I also have a group of colleagues used to back n front stab me in front of boss n other colleagues. I used to be v depressed n feel like the world is so unfair. Lucky me, I got a boss whom suddenly believe in me n the rest of the rumors ended slowly after 1 yr plus of nonsense.
Pls be urself n believe urself, everything will be over. Let's look forward to carry our lovely n happy bb. Jia you! :)
Thanks.. Yes I agree with u... Direct boss really v important. It got to the extent that I went to explain again to my boss why I am taking MC and made my doctor write down the cause of MC on the MC itself...

Have been working late coz a new boss came onboard ..
Perpetually stressed at work ..
Which is good in a way that I wont feel sleepy ..
But gets so tired at the end of the day ..
Anyone has cravings ??
Mine is seafood, particularly prawns ..

I think i will still go ahead with oscar and see how results goes...if it is very low risk then maybe wont consider harmony.

Anyone has cravings ??
Hi mummy try not to stress so much at work :) at the end of the day just treat urself to a nice dinner and zzzzz :)
No cravings, but a lot of food can't eat... Haha...

Anyone has cravings ??
I am very tired in the morning and slp like 10pm at night. Not very normal cos I used to be an owl even for my #1. U can try half a cup of Ginger tea? Sometimes hot milo or soupy stuff made me feel a tad awake.

I dun hv craving and I oso dun hv appetite.

Dun be too stress at work. Try to relax after work, and go for a good seafood dinner.

My appetite is okay in the evening ..
Only in the morning, I have to force myself to finish at least a slice of bread due to MS ..

Hi mummy try not to stress so much at work :) at the end of the day just treat urself to a nice dinner and zzzzz :)
No cravings, but a lot of food can't eat... Haha...

Me no cravings too.. but i eat basically anything except raw or uncooked stuffs.. but those ambiguous ones.. like papaya, gingko, half boiled eggs hor.. i eat in moderation.. becoz I m quite greedy la.. cannot totally cut off my likings. =x

I was wondering whether they are any place or service we can just skip the consultation and just ultrascan?
So i just have to pay the scan fee.
I feel visiting gynae once per month is insufficient.....
You know sometimes you just wanna hear the baby heartbeat and movements to see if they are alright inside.

I was wondering whether they are any place or service we can just skip the consultation and just ultrascan?
So i just have to pay the scan fee.
I feel visiting gynae once per month is insufficient.....
You know sometimes you just wanna hear the baby heartbeat and movements to see if they are alright inside.

Hmm i tink all comes with consultation de... scanning doc will measure the CRL and tell u orh baby is fine all these ma.. tat's y i go neighbourhood de women's clinic for convenience.. opp Khatib MRT.. consultation $80, scan $80 and it opens in the evenings as well for evrey tues & thurs so I can make appt and go after work just to scan and check then go home since i stay north side ma.. so quite convenient

hi mummies,

I wanna ask if it's advisable to go for Hair treatment or cut hair during our pregnancy period? or manicure/pedicure ? Cos' being 1st time mummy, dunno if i can continue my monthly "hair therapy" ... just wanna hear and share advices.... =)

Yes i think scans r never enough for us haa! They r the best form of assurance! :) Karen-hair cut is ok but hair treatment /medi/pedi i think if can avoid , avoid first esp we r in first trim, dont expose to chemicals better...hee just what i feel :)

Back