(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

I have book my lesson with mt Alvernia. Only attended the first. This weekend going for the second. I found through the website too.
So far I only attend talk from different agent. Those had attend both may I know the different? Since the topic seem to be the same

swimming not advisable for me because of low lying placenta. probably coupled with bleeding earlier during the first trimester too. (not just spotting was bleeding)

yea swimming is a good form of exercise if suited. you can check with urs first to see if he gives the green light to go ahead. I even bought my maternity swimwear earlier on so was quite disappointing that i couldnt put it to use... hee.. :) hope it moves up soon as pregnancy progress and probably i can start to swim soon ! :D

Thanks guys! I feel much better after knowing im not the only one with a not v obv bump and low placenta.
Actually i've already put on a whopping 8kg cause i caved in to my cravings and kept eating in the 1st trimester to keep nausea at bay. But ive been putting on weight everywhere except on my belly. Need to cut down now..

@junetns , your gynae seem to be the most conservative one given his advice! I'm surprised to see that swimming is also not advisable since it seems to be one of the more 'relaxed' form of exercise. thanks for sharing.

Hi mummies

Need to ask if anyone of u have leaking breasts? Lately... i believed i leaked milk... sometimes clear sometimes milky. I find it utterly strange and wondering if it is a cause of worry. Would be 24 weeks on monday.

Hi mummies

Need to ask if anyone of u have leaking breasts? Lately... i believed i leaked milk... sometimes clear sometimes milky. I find it utterly strange and wondering if it is a cause of worry. Would be 24 weeks on monday.

Same same... just that I dunno if mine is clear or milky... Cos it is not a lot to begin with... hubby was the one who alerted me of the wet breast i had one night... been on going for me for few weeks le... n i am coming to 24 weeks next monday...

Any mummies have swelling problems? My feet starts to swell and dun know what I can do to relieve them.

I had that issue too. Try massaging your feet and calves before bed, and sleep with your feet propped. That worked for my feet but I don't really know what to do with my swollen fingers hahaha, my ring won't fit on some days.

something like that...

Don't worry. As long as there is not severe pain. I had the same discomfort, i think it's womb expanding. Sometimes if I walk too long, my tummy will feel tight and mild dull cramps after that.... So I will take a rest.... So cannot sit or stand too long.

Take care and rest well.

Last edited:
As the bb grows, it acts weight on us. Plus I have slip disc before pregnancy too. Have to stay upright on bed to rest my back most of the time. Affecting my work performance therefore my hubby ask me to consider resigning n take a break till bb is born.

Erm... mummies here anyone breast are leaking... I woke up today and I don't know what is wrong with me. Normal for so early in the pregnancy?

any mummies try the maternity underwear from Spring Maternity ? 2 pcs for $16.90. really comfortable . and stretchable till a certain extend so no need to keep changing sizes.

Hi mummies,

I just realised one feet is more swollen than the other. I read online it may be possible blood clot. But I call clinic, they said its normal due to water retention. Anyone has same issues?

Me too if i sit too long my gal gal will keep kicking me and backsite pain

u don't have slip disc before pregnancy, right? If u do, the pain will be worse. I have to lie on the bed most of the time when I have the pain and have to take mc. Like one week of work, I can only do a few days n then have to take mc for like two three days. So far the best pain relief is to rest.

The exercise that the childbirth education class taught is indeed helpful. I did the exercise before I sleep yesterday and my backache and sciatic pain gone away this morning. I will continue to do the exercise before I sleep. Great to have attended and learn something useful.

As long as the cream cheese used is pasteurized, it is ok :) Mass-produced or commercialized brands like Starbucks mostly only use pasteurized products for HACCP and cost reasons. Don't worry! @Faith&Hope0902

Thanks! I was worried cause I read that only baked cheesecake or pasteurized cheese product used are safe and I am not sure if those in cafes are safe. But I have this sudden craving that I have to eat cheesecake. So took some but regretted after that. Lol. Getting paranoid sometimes.

Thanks! I was worried cause I read that only baked cheesecake or pasteurized cheese product used are safe and I am not sure if those in cafes are safe. But I have this sudden craving that I have to eat cheesecake. So took some but regretted after that. Lol. Getting paranoid sometimes.

lol you're not the only one. There are times where i'll eat something due to craving or assume that i can eat. But shortly after that, it'll suddenly strike me if it's ok for me to eat :confused: but chocolate i've learnt to keep away . Very early into my pregnancy those uncles from chinese medicine hall has warn me not to take chocolate and peanuts as it can cause constipation. last week someone within my office gave us brownies and cheesecakes. I mouth itchy ate a brownie (cause too long no eat chocolate) and immediately the next day i can feel the effect (not constipated but can feel the difference in my you-know-what)

Last edited:
lol you're not the only one. There are times where i'll eat something due to craving or assume that i can eat. But shortly after that, it'll suddenly strike me if it's ok for me to eat :confused: but chocolate i've learnt to keep away . Very early into my pregnancy those uncles from chinese medicine hall has warn me not to take chocolate and peanuts as it can cause constipation. last week someone within my office gave us brownies and cheesecakes. I mouth itchy ate a brownie (cause too long no eat chocolate) and immediately the next day i can feel the effect (not constipated but can feel the difference in my you-know-what)

Lol! I have been eating almond chocolates last week. No wonder I have constipation this few days!

Didn't realise how fast time flies until I saw the countdown app on my phone!!! About 111 days to my EDD... that means most of us are like less than or close to 100 days to our maternity leave!!! and before we know it... we are seeing our little ones!!! another 100++ days to go mummies! Let's Jia You together ya?

Let's all jia you together.... My Hubby reminded me that we only have 17 weeks more to go! That strike me thinking that we have not gotten anything yet! Lol....

Let's all jia you together.... My Hubby reminded me that we only have 17 weeks more to go! That strike me thinking that we have not gotten anything yet! Lol....

me too...no pram no cot yet lol waiting to go to the baby fair to see. so far only got a romper from Spring Maternity for my gal. The romper has her surname and her eng name. can customize. quite cute .

http://www.springmaternity.com/sg/tin-box-romper

there's with goat (for this year's baby) or with surname. Then you can decide if you wan to add your baby's name to it. Think the surname version is white, goat is red.

me too...no pram no cot yet lol waiting to go to the baby fair to see. so far only got a romper from Spring Maternity for my gal. The romper has her surname and her eng name. can customize. quite cute .

http://www.springmaternity.com/sg/tin-box-romper

there's with goat (for this year's baby) or with surname. Then you can decide if you wan to add your baby's name to it. Think the surname version is white, goat is red.

got the same romper for my upcoming dearest LO too! waiting for them to call us to collect... excited to see it... haha... from the salesperson or was it the advert, it seems like no more white for customized le... all is red color one...

hubby was so anxious that he wanted to buy things from our LO earlier... been stopping him until recently... where we happily went to the baby hyperstore at kaki bukit to get the cot and the stroller... both add up less than 1K...thought that was a good buy... plus delivery... and we got them to deliver somewhere in oct...

now the excited daddy is asking mummy what other things we have not get when mummy thought he would have a better list of items what next to get... =X but i guess what he has on mind now is nothing but toys, toys and more toys for the lucky one... (i dunno how many soft toys we have at home that he bought and he is still buying adding to the collection... for now... they are all mine until LO is about 1 or 2 years old =X)

got the same romper for my upcoming dearest LO too! waiting for them to call us to collect... excited to see it... haha... from the salesperson or was it the advert, it seems like no more white for customized le... all is red color one...

hubby was so anxious that he wanted to buy things from our LO earlier... been stopping him until recently... where we happily went to the baby hyperstore at kaki bukit to get the cot and the stroller... both add up less than 1K...thought that was a good buy... plus delivery... and we got them to deliver somewhere in oct...

now the excited daddy is asking mummy what other things we have not get when mummy thought he would have a better list of items what next to get... =X but i guess what he has on mind now is nothing but toys, toys and more toys for the lucky one... (i dunno how many soft toys we have at home that he bought and he is still buying adding to the collection... for now... they are all mine until LO is about 1 or 2 years old =X)

we're also waiting for them to call :D:D should be within this week or next week. Actually we saw it a few times at JEM branch but hubby was hesitating about it.. then we saw it went on discount at NEX branch so decided to whack . We got the white one.

I guess the daddies are starting to feel the excitement. My hubby said he wants our girl to wear Jordan (the basketball player) t-shirt... :eek:... I had to tell him our girl is can only go for pinkish stuff like hello kitty.... no basketball player, football player, batman, star wars etc...... Lol....

By the way, is the baby hyperstore at kaki bukit worth going compared to baby fair? I am kinna lazy, wanting to get most stuff from Mothercare but I heard their stuff is more expensive....

Quick check: any expecting mommy has one side of the tummy more bumpy than the other? My wife's tummy is more bumpy on the left than the right...just feels weird.

Is it too late to start decorating the room in October? My Edd is late dec though. Then I am quite lucky coz I have cousins giving bedsheet cover, stroller, maternity wear, baby's clothes to me. Save a lot of cost to us.

chocolate too? my wife had been drinking chocolate milk . . . Currently one of her leg feel soar. :(

chocolate too? my wife had been drinking chocolate milk . . . Currently one of her leg feel soar. :(

thats what the uncles told me. Then again, chocolates and peanuts are known to be heaty so perhaps thats the reason why it can cause constipation. Try to get your wife to drink white milk as chocolate milk can be alot sweeter than the white one. And if her body can take it, do drink those milk powder meant for pregnant women as there are tons of vitamins and nutrients. I for one cannot take those too often as it's too heaty for my body

thats what the uncles told me. Then again, chocolates and peanuts are known to be heaty so perhaps thats the reason why it can cause constipation. Try to get your wife to drink white milk as chocolate milk can be alot sweeter than the white one. And if her body can take it, do drink those milk powder meant for pregnant women as there are tons of vitamins and nutrients. I for one cannot take those too often as it's too heaty for my body
Yup. She is taking those powder type. With chocolate favour....

has any mummies buy clothes from mothercare b4?? what are the pricing like?? I am running out of outfits to wear.. whatever i have b4 pregnancy are more or less not wearable and the shocking news is my maternity skirt is getting tight too :( so hubby advised i buy more dresses instead as dresses can accommodate the bump more

has any mummies buy clothes from mothercare b4?? what are the pricing like?? I am running out of outfits to wear.. whatever i have b4 pregnancy are more or less not wearable and the shocking news is my maternity skirt is getting tight too :( so hubby advised i buy more dresses instead as dresses can accommodate the bump more
My wife getting dress from internet. Per piece about 10 plus bah. But delivery take 1 week plus. I ask her the link tonight.

Office . . . . I can't monitor. Reach home, I nag her to drink water every hour.

Back