(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

For those that have went for yr detailed scan, any idea if hubby n mother-in-law is allow to accompany the pregnant mum? Or is it restricted to only 1 person?

So far no restriction at TMC but my hubby wasn't able to attend. My mum went with me.

Not sure if I ask before, I have slip disc too. Now my girl acting weight on my back alrdy. I am not sure if is still possible for normal delivery. My mum told me, maybe when I push, I will push back the disc to the right place. BUT, I read that is also possible u used too much strength during delivery and ended up being handicapped?! Which will be very depressing if I can't take care of my girl in future.

Does anyone have sudden pimples on body during pregnancy? I woke up, ate lunch and then suddenly there are 7 on the body where yesterday don't have...

Just got back from hospital. Sudden bleeding but thank god it stop. The doc says it's quite normal for that to happen during 20weeks. To avoid carry heavy stuff, walking too much.

Just got back from hospital. Sudden bleeding but thank god it stop. The doc says it's quite normal for that to happen during 20weeks. To avoid carry heavy stuff, walking too much.
I had sudden bleeding when I was in my 14th week, so freaked out too. Take care and try to rest a bit more. For my case, Doc say not only walking but stress is also a factor. Try to relax don't think about anything

Oh dear, take care... Maybe just the blood vessels at the cervix burst, quite common cos increased blood pressure.

I hv light brown n sometime yellowish discharge till nw at 19 weeks. No cramp or foul smell... any1 hv such problem?
I also having this problem. Seen 2 Gynae for opinions. Both checked my cervix n placenta and said everything is normal. So I'm taking duphaston pills for ard 2 weeks. After taking, brown discharge stops. Now 23 weeks.

Hi mummies, been having stomach upset these two days and can't feel baby kick much . Abit worry .. Got to wait for next Friday for my detail scan

Hi mummies, been having stomach upset these two days and can't feel baby kick much . Abit worry .. Got to wait for next Friday for my detail scan

My gynea said as long as u feel bb once a while. That's Okie. No need to be too concern about the number of times bb is kicking now.

Maybe your stomach upset has covered up the bb's movement? I realised if I have constipation these few days. My bb movement is lesser also.

Take care. Did the doc say why this happen? Better have bed rest for a week or so.

It's quite common due to the blood vessel burst. Coz too much moment or if u carry heavy stuff, will result in that.

So far, they are more concern if your placenta is low, if baby's heart beat still there.

If the bleeding stop, there is nothing to worry about.

Told by kkh nurses n doctor.

I didn't visit my gynae due to holiday n I was out shopping n I have to admit that I went to carry some stuff the day before. Got scolded by hubby very badly!

It's quite common due to the blood vessel burst. Coz too much moment or if u carry heavy stuff, will result in that.

So far, they are more concern if your placenta is low, if baby's heart beat still there.

If the bleeding stop, there is nothing to worry about.

Told by kkh nurses n doctor.

I didn't visit my gynae due to holiday n I was out shopping n I have to admit that I went to carry some stuff the day before. Got scolded by hubby very badly!

I see. How many weeks are you at now? So far everything is okie right? I am also guilty sometimes, cause I just take heavy stuff without realising that I am pregnant and the next moment I felt a bit of cramps in the tummy and I realised it should not do that. I am now more cautious about take heavy stuff. You take care and try to rest more on the bed or sofa if possible.

Hey mummies,

Does anyone know if there is any baby fair in Sept or Oct? I intend to start purchasing bb's stuff during these two months.

Any tip to share on bb cot vs playpen? Some friends said playpen is better.

Hey mummies,

Does anyone know if there is any baby fair in Sept or Oct? I intend to start purchasing bb's stuff during these two months.

there's a baby fair end aug at Suntec. Me and hubby intend to go for that one. look at the banner below and above this page.

Hey mummies,

we intend to get a playpen. cause baby cot can only be used for sleeping. have been looking ard for prices and patterns. Saw 1 at OG chinatown which is $200+ and it's the one we wan. Waiting for my mama to change her menbership card in Sep then buy :D

Hey mummies,

There is a baby fair at suntec during 28 Aug-30 Aug and another one at expo in 9 Oct-11 Oct.

Hey mummies,

Metro having 20% storewide tomorrow, 13 Aug. You may check out good deals for playpen around $200 or less.

Hi Mummies,

Is there any whatsappn group chat available for Dec 2015 Mummies? If so kindly add me at 9633 2857.

Thanks lot! ;)

Rachel

yup thats what i came to know too. so if the prob is a genetic one, then the stored cord blood will not be able to save your own kid as the cord blood will already be with the same problem .
Am i know anyone got stored cord-blood? Been to all 3 seminars, cordlife, stemcord and cryoviva all tell me it is impt to store for future usage.
I also donated. low chance of a child using his own cord blood and only 1 of 4 likelihood to be able to use for sibling.
Donating it can help to save other kids if need be.
Also can use the money for vaccinations/infant care/childcare instead.

@DesperateMummyWannabe , @Maggie760 , i've been suffering from massive indigestion too.. I hate the feeling of regurgitating what i just ate (sorry, TMI).
Still having that problem despite keeping to smaller, more frequent meals.. My gynae is not very sympathetic to problems as such..

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and I still havent felt my baby's movements :(. Initially, I thought the bubbling sensation was him. Bgut my doc says that it is too high up to be the baby, and it is probably just gas. So yes, I've been feeling my gas and smiling to myself and getting my husband to feel it. BAH.
Also, my tummy is still very flat. For now, my chest is still protruding more than my tummy. Most people are urprised to find out that im 20wks. Any of you guys in the same boat??

oh, additional question to ask. My placenta is still looking low during my detailed scan last week. It is not covering my cervix but it is lower than it should be. I've asked my gynae for advice several times., but she doesnt have any advice other than asking me not to 'bounce' around.
Any of you have the same prob? And does your doc's advice differ ?

@DesperateMummyWannabe , @Maggie760 , i've been suffering from massive indigestion too.. I hate the feeling of regurgitating what i just ate (sorry, TMI).
Still having that problem despite keeping to smaller, more frequent meals.. My gynae is not very sympathetic to problems as such..

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and I still havent felt my baby's movements :(. Initially, I thought the bubbling sensation was him. Bgut my doc says that it is too high up to be the baby, and it is probably just gas. So yes, I've been feeling my gas and smiling to myself and getting my husband to feel it. BAH.
Also, my tummy is still very flat. For now, my chest is still protruding more than my tummy. Most people are urprised to find out that im 20wks. Any of you guys in the same boat??

heard from my colleagues small tummy doesnt necessary mean a bad thing. As long as the baby is growing well (ask your gynae. She will know by the baby's measurement & weight) . Also read online for first timer it wont be so early to feel the baby's movement.

oh, additional question to ask. My placenta is still looking low during my detailed scan last week. It is not covering my cervix but it is lower than it should be. I've asked my gynae for advice several times., but she doesnt have any advice other than asking me not to 'bounce' around.

during my last monthly visit to my gynae, he said my placenta is a bit low but said no worries as it will rise as the pregnancy goes along. i am going to see him next Sat so see if he says anything about my placenta.

I'm 23weeks plus and belly just started to show.
However detailed scan 2 wks ago suggested that bb is above average size. I also haven put on a single pound. So I think if bb is growing, there's nothing to worry abt.

I'm 23weeks plus and belly just started to show.
However detailed scan 2 wks ago suggested that bb is above average size. I also haven put on a single pound. So I think if bb is growing, there's nothing to worry abt.[/QUOTE

how obvious my belly is depends on what i wear... there were times where ppl are trying hard to determine whether im fat or pregnant :p:p so far i've only gain back the weight i've lost since start of pregnancy (4kg). funny thing is my detailed scan the lady never tell me the weight of my baby (my fren said hers did. But my scan and gynae's clinic is at diff location) . Last visit my gynae said my gal's weight is ok .

dont worry. if its not covering the cervix there is a chance that it will move up. I had low lying placenta for my #1. only moved up during 3rd tri when it was very closed to my delivery. this time also low lying placenta. gynae says to avoid walking too much, squatting, swimming, carrying heavy things etc to prevent any possible bleeding. no cycling etc too

Hi mummies, I am starting to look at prenatal classes, any idea which hospital provide good prenatal classes? I am like going to deliver at Mount E Novena but not impressed by their prenatal classes coverage.

I went for my detailed scan last week. Doctor said my placenta is low too. There's chance it will move up as the pregnancy progresses. At the moment, she told me not to do vigorous activities.

Thanks guys! I feel much better after knowing im not the only one with a not v obv bump and low placenta.
Actually i've already put on a whopping 8kg cause i caved in to my cravings and kept eating in the 1st trimester to keep nausea at bay. But ive been putting on weight everywhere except on my belly. Need to cut down now..

@junetns , your gynae seem to be the most conservative one given his advice! I'm surprised to see that swimming is also not advisable since it seems to be one of the more 'relaxed' form of exercise. thanks for sharing.

Back