(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Anyone seeing gynae Dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mt A? Can provide details of his charges and is he a good gynae to go to? Thanks

Hi All,

Glad that I found this thread. I tested positive on 10th when I was supposed to get my period. I checked EDD calculator online and my EDD is expected to be 15 Dec. tomorrow is my appointment w my gynae. Hope everything is fine
This is my 1st pregnancy. I'll need a lot of advice from the experienced mommies :)

Can I also be added to the fb group? my email is [email protected]

thank you!

hi Audrey and ridokihuiqun, I have tried to add you again, but it says you are already members of the group. Can you check?

I had a scan on 19 Mar cos menses was late for almost a month and a few "negative" results on home test.

But Gynae couldn't find the foetus so she conclude that i was not pregnant.

08 apr I was feeling sick so I went to a GP who decided to do a urine test for me after he realised I was late and feeling nausea. Tested positive.

Went to Gynae on 10 apr and she did another scan. This time we saw the very tiny foetus (approx 5/6 weeks old)

Sometimes baby may be too small to show on ultra sound. So wait a little longer and take another scan if earlier scan doesn't show baby.. :)

My 2nd pregnancy by the way and EDD is 1 Dec 15

@mama_ya did it happen to u? When did u test? I'm supposed to be 4-5 weeks pregnant and acdg to doc there won't be any sac seen yet.

The funny part is my line is still very faint after 1 week late which acdg to the nurse is weird.

I proceed to do blood test and result will be out tom.

Ladies, I'm just wondering, if we comment or post anything on our fb group page, would it appear on our fb friends' newsfeed like when our friends is going to an event and post happy bday on someone's page? I just don't want other ppl to know my condition just yet.

Hi, Congrats to everyone ! For me I tested positive last week . This is my 2nd pregnancy .My 1st one ended with a miscarriage. Do all the Mummies have any symptoms so far ? I kept having stomach cramp . Is this normal ? What is the name of the facebook group?

Hi all mummies! Its my 1st bb and its 6 weeks now. 2 weeks ago went for scan after test kit is positive. But doc cant scan anyth. So went back one week later.. finally can see a sac. But doc say nt sure isit ectopic preg so advise to go back one more week to see bb heartbeat. So today went for scan.. finally can see bb heartbeat.. which make me relieve alot..im seeing dr ben choey in clementi sbcc.. still thinking to go dr irene chua clinic or stay with dr ben choey.. any advice?
Btw if admin add me in fb. Will my frens in fb see?

@mama_ya did it happen to u? When did u test? I'm supposed to be 4-5 weeks pregnant and acdg to doc there won't be any sac seen yet.

The funny part is my line is still very faint after 1 week late which acdg to the nurse is weird.

I proceed to do blood test and result will be out tom.

Hi Excited_Audrey, i had early preg m/c end jan this yr. had bleeding continuously for almost 15 days.

knowing my hormones gone haywired, i went to my gyn last sat to ask for some meds to make my menses back to normal again. (btw i took 2 HPT but it was negative). gd thing of my gyn is that he throughly check before prescribing meds. so he did tummy u/s (empty womb), he asked me to do the preg test kit. outcome : faint line ,it could be preg. next vagina u/s, cannot detect. he ruled out cud be very early preg or ectopic preg. next is to take blood test for beta hcg. within a day result is out. confirmed preg. when gyn broke the news to myself and husband, we had a mixed reactions. 90% worried, 10% happy. worried that i might end up m/c, and also worried it is a ectopic preg. i hoped and prayed next visit to gyn can see my lil bud in the womb right where it supposed to grow for next 9 mths.

Can see baby heartbeat at 6th week? May I know when is your edd? I was thinking to wait until 8th week then go for my first gynae visit.... though cannot see anything now. . My edd is at 8 Dec..
Anyway, I think friends can only see Public group.. close group cannot see... I went to few friends' FB page to verify..

Hi CNSH,
My edd is 4th december

Oh if its close group can add me peri [email protected]
Thank u

Hi Excited_Audrey, i had early preg m/c end jan this yr. had bleeding continuously for almost 15 days.

knowing my hormones gone haywired, i went to my gyn last sat to ask for some meds to make my menses back to normal again. (btw i took 2 HPT but it was negative). gd thing of my gyn is that he throughly check before prescribing meds. so he did tummy u/s (empty womb), he asked me to do the preg test kit. outcome : faint line ,it could be preg. next vagina u/s, cannot detect. he ruled out cud be very early preg or ectopic preg. next is to take blood test for beta hcg. within a day result is out. confirmed preg. when gyn broke the news to myself and husband, we had a mixed reactions. 90% worried, 10% happy. worried that i might end up m/c, and also worried it is a ectopic preg. i hoped and prayed next visit to gyn can see my lil bud in the womb right where it supposed to grow for next 9 mths.

Hi audrey! Dont worry too much though i know how ur feeling nw. As i went through same thing as u. I used to have irregular menses. And even went to different gynae to solve my problems. But yet still irregular. Even once i went to check fallopian tube check. I was very depress and cried cos the report shows both fallopian tube was blocked. Then i was like given up. So thinking if few years later when hse come den do ivf. Late last year. I went to kk hospital. Doctors gave ne hormones pills to ovalute.. but still nt ovaluting even they give me higher dose. And did a fallapian tube test. Its show both of my tube was ok .I remember the last blood test. Doctor told me i did nt ovalute and give me a different pills to try. He say if this cannot..means i have to do injection. The doc even ask if my menses came. I said nope. He ask me to test before i eat the hormones pills. Which in fact i alrdy test. Its the same sad results negative. But i decide to delay one two weeks. To see again. As i feel myself pregnant with spicy craving. Even i tell my frens or husband. They jus laugh at me. Cos i always feel i fat i feel im pregnant..hahaha. so i decide to take a test on our par tor 10year anniversary to see if gt miracle. Its positive!! I was so joyful.. keep smiling in the toilet. And show to my mil. Den quickly went to see dr ben choey in clementi. I went to his clinic before. Told him my conditions block fallopian, nt ovaluting, even got once because lining too thick.. mense damn lot. Its like need to change up to 10pads a day. He was happy and yet i can see his surprise face. So went for first scan.. he said cant see anyth. So did a blood test. After a day.. doc msg me telling im really pregnant. But.. scare is ectopic preg. So adv me go for another scan a week later. Which is week 5, i can see a sac. Den he say next week to see bb heartbeat.. me n husband been like stressing for few weeks one after another weeks is like need to wait another week for process. Yesterday week 6 went to scan with husband. Finally can relieve, after seeing bb heartbeat.

Its really a miracle for me n ny hub. So never giveup so easy.. must always think positive way :))

Hi lohpr, congrats on your miracle!

btw u are quoting my message (above) but saying hi audrey! hehehe misquote is it hehe.

lucky you can see bb heartbeat. i just had my dizzy spells which scare me most (thinking i might faint anytime). lucky i grabbed sweets in time. gosh!

take care !

Hi mama_ya, I think we're kinda in a similar situation. Yest did u/s but couldn't see anything but doc said there's no sign of ectopic... So q relieved and doc said congratulations alr.
Now my other issue is low progesterone :( Doc suspected this because the preg kit still shows faint line in my 5th week. I need to take 2tablets of ultrageston 3x a day plus jab 2 times a week . Has anyone gone through this?
Anybody has tips on how to naturally increase progesterone?

Hi lohpr, congrats on your miracle!

btw u are quoting my message (above) but saying hi audrey! hehehe misquote is it hehe.

lucky you can see bb heartbeat. i just had my dizzy spells which scare me most (thinking i might faint anytime). lucky i grabbed sweets in time. gosh!

take care !
Opps.. isit. Sorry.. im new here.. lols still dono hw to function this.

Take care too

hello all MTB, happy to find this lively and supportive chat group! my first time here and first time MTB.

Tested +ve 2 wks ago on home kit and met gynae, did u/s and saw the beanie @ 5w2d. Was a pleasant visit as had a chemical pregnancy over xmas last year...

Edd using babycenter app is 5/12/15 but based on LMP is late nov... shall confirm with gynae this sat during 2nd visit.. hopefully to hear heartbeat.. v long and dreadful 2-wk wait.

Congrats to all sg50 mummies here :)

any mummies feeling dizzy, lightheaded? I had it this morning. Never happened before, and i didnt know what to do. end up i cried on my deskstation. after taking 2 sweets, i felt better. but nausea. ;(

I went for my first appt on monday. V scan couldnt see any sac. Did tunmy scan can see a small circle. Based on my LMP should be 7 weeks but i told doc i ovulated two weeks late hence might be still 5 weeks now.

Doc ordered blood test and the nurse just called me to inform me good news of rising hcg. Next appt is 2 weeks later. Hoping for the best hope can see heartbeat :)

@~sanyu~, What is a chemical pregnancy?

@Excited_Audrey , I was given utrogestan (twice a day before food) to stabilize my preg (due to m/c end Jan).

@mama_ya It was actually a v early stage m/c. I tested +ve at end of 4w but nothing on scan. Then bleeding came few days later during vacation and had to curtail. Hope this time round everything smooth.

Given duphaston since ovulation started to support pregnancy if any.. Similar to you.. Until now still taking

any mummies feeling dizzy, lightheaded? I had it this morning. Never happened before, and i didnt know what to do. end up i cried on my deskstation. after taking 2 sweets, i felt better. but nausea. ;(

Slight lightheaded at 6w... Strong nausea too but the urge to vomit has been lingering these two days..

Hot ginger tea or warm water helps soothe uncomfort for me.. But I add abit sugar to ginger bcuz dun really like ginger taste to begin with..

Stay positive to keep a healthy bb :)

Hi, congrats to all MTBs! I was using the Clearblue Pregnancy Test Digital Test with Conception Indicator and I got a 'Pregnant' and '1-2' weeks since conception 3 days before my menses is due.. I happily thinks that I'm pregnant and calculated supposed to due on 22 Dec.. However, my menses is due today and I wanted to double check and tested with the cheap Watson pregnancy test kit and got a negative results which made me really confused. And I went on to do a search and I read that the Clearblue Pregnancy Digital Test gave a lot of false positive results! Anyone used this test kit and had this problem? My menses is still not here yet so I got another non-digital Clearblue test to test again over the next few days.. Keeping my finger crossed!

Hi, congrats to all MTBs! I was using the Clearblue Pregnancy Test Digital Test with Conception Indicator and I got a 'Pregnant' and '1-2' weeks since conception 3 days before my menses is due.. I happily thinks that I'm pregnant and calculated supposed to due on 22 Dec.. However, my menses is due today and I wanted to double check and tested with the cheap Watson pregnancy test kit and got a negative results which made me really confused. And I went on t do a search and I read that the Clearblue Pregnancy Digital Test gave a lot of false positive results! Anyone used this test kit and had this problem? My menses is still not here yet so I got another non-digital Clearblue test to test again over the next few days.. Keeping my finger crossed!

@blessedone I was in the same situation last dec except that I had a 2nd +ve few days later.. Also using the same clearblue indicator...

Perhaps it's still v v early stage pregnancy and hcg is still low for consistent +ve....

@blessedone I was in the same situation last dec except that I had a 2nd +ve few days later.. Also using the same clearblue indicator...

Perhaps it's still v v early stage pregnancy and hcg is still low for consistent +ve....

@sanyu: Thanks for the reassurance! Hope to get a clearer pic over the next few days so that I can join this group officially!

Hi,

Congrats ! It is more likely that the cheapo pregnancy test kit is giving a false positive result. Clearblue is generally sensitive and reliable. Try using the Clearblue plus pregnancy test (ie. the + , - sign ) non digital test kit. You should be seeing your BFP :)

Hi, congrats to all MTBs! I was using the Clearblue Pregnancy Test Digital Test with Conception Indicator and I got a 'Pregnant' and '1-2' weeks since conception 3 days before my menses is due.. I happily thinks that I'm pregnant and calculated supposed to due on 22 Dec.. However, my menses is due today and I wanted to double check and tested with the cheap Watson pregnancy test kit and got a negative results which made me really confused. And I went on to do a search and I read that the Clearblue Pregnancy Digital Test gave a lot of false positive results! Anyone used this test kit and had this problem? My menses is still not here yet so I got another non-digital Clearblue test to test again over the next few days.. Keeping my finger crossed!

You can try calling up your gynae to make an appointment. Some gynaes only see mummies from 7 week onwards. Really depends on the gynae.
No need to waste money seeing a doctor to confirm. The HPT urine test is usually accurate enough if you had used a reliable brand names pregnancy test kit. If go to a normal GP, they will also be using a normal urine test usually. Unless if there is spotting (*touch wood), then should quickly go see a gynae to seek advice.

Hi all, I have tested positive too a few days ago using the test kit, when is the right time to see a doc/gynae to confirm it? First time too! unsure about so many things right now :) add me [email protected]

usually early stage of pregnancy cant see the sac yet. if no bleeding or painful cramps shouldnt be ectopic. Dr generally calculate LMP but sometimes if ovulation was late it may probably be 4weeks+ so a faint line is still alright. Dont worry ! :)

Hi mama_ya, I think we're kinda in a similar situation. Yest did u/s but couldn't see anything but doc said there's no sign of ectopic... So q relieved and doc said congratulations alr.
Now my other issue is low progesterone :( Doc suspected this because the preg kit still shows faint line in my 5th week. I need to take 2tablets of ultrageston 3x a day plus jab 2 times a week . Has anyone gone through this?
Anybody has tips on how to naturally increase progesterone?

usually 6weeks+ can see the heartbeat, looks like a flickering dot on the screen :)

Can see baby heartbeat at 6th week? May I know when is your edd? I was thinking to wait until 8th week then go for my first gynae visit.... though cannot see anything now. . My edd is at 8 Dec..
Anyway, I think friends can only see Public group.. close group cannot see... I went to few friends' FB page to verify..

Hi , I just visited gynea yesterday because got spotting on Tuesday . Im so worry , till yesterday did a scan and can see the sac and heartbeat then felt relieve . Im 6weeks 4 days , Edd 4 dec . Seeing Dr prof Han at amk Kkh clinic .

Congrats to all the mummy in this group !

Any mummy experience sleeping problem at this stage? I'm at 7w but has been waking up after 5hrs of slp.. Usu can slp thru 7hrs... Is this common?

HI mummies, i have added some of you inside. please check your FB groups. Let me know if I have missed anyone out. Thanks!

Any mummy experience sleeping problem at this stage? I'm at 7w but has been waking up after 5hrs of slp.. Usu can slp thru 7hrs... Is this common?
I am getting it too! I sleep at 10pm and wake up at 4am without an alarm clock. Weird huh?

Yes me me ! It's has been 1 week already . I slept at 11 pm and woke up at 4am and not able to go back to sleep again . I'm 6w1d today .

Aiyo I thought sleeping prob starts only at later stage of pregnancy.. poor quality rest... End up everyday wanna sleep at work..

Back