(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

Hi all, my edd is 7 Nov.

May I know anyone here already booked for down syndrome scan/test?
Which week should it be done?
Would you be doing Oscar scan or harmony test?
Normally does gynae do blood test first to help us decide which type of test/scan needed?
I'm above 35yrs old, should I just skip Oscar and go for Harmony test?
Sorry for my many questions.
Oscar test not more than 15weeks. I had booked mine today. By then I'll be abt 13weeks. Mine was kkh private suite. They mentioned they will give oscar test first. If result not good den they will advise u harmony test. So depends on which hospital u r with.

Hi gals, I don't know I'm on pregnant for how many wks & my appt w my gynae is on the 29 Apr. Was tested + when I go polyclinic. Was told that if less than 7w, can't see the heartbeat... So thot go later, like nearer to end 1st trim safer.
I'm 38 this yr, do I need to do those oscars / harmony tests u all hv mentioned?
I hv used the pregnancy calculator to check, I Shd be 7/9W preggy ( my menses always not accurate).

Hi, based on your current age, your gynae would most likely suggest to you to conduct either one of those tests especially we are belonged to high risk pregnancy category ~ above 35 years old where the chances of having babies with DS are pretty high according to health statistics.

Hi all, been reading for past few wks but hasn't posted anything yet. Me having #2 edd 5 nov. But prob will b October bb ba. Cos #1 also 1 wk earlier. I m planning to skip oscar n harmony test. But m 35 so also considered high risk. But I guess not really tat high ba. Gynae gave me option to go or skip. #1 I also din do so I think will skip this round too. My first preg was so smooth. No ms. This time sucks. Everyday feeling nausea n vomited few times already. Wondering is it cos I m older this time round or mayb it's a diff gender bb. Hopefully the latter.
Tigp if u gg for the tests I would advise gg for gynae check earlier. Too late u might not b able to do the test unless u decide on the spot n they draw ur blood. But not sure if they will b able to book scan for u if too last min.
Fb I will join aft 12 wk. :)

Same as you, my doc asked me to decide on own as well. After much consideration, my HB and I decided to go for both. No doubts it costs more but at least I'm less stressful.

Anyway the total costs less than 1.5k, we just go ahead tin order to have a peace of minds.

Harmony an oscar test is less than 1.5k? I thought harmony test cost around 1.5k?
Isnt able to deduct medisave? =P

Hi all, tks for all the advise... I've booked my appt with my gynae next wk. This is my #2 child after a gap of 10 years (from my #1). I've tried all TCM, acuputure, IVF for the past 5 years but still can't conceive #2. Hence my #2 is a miracle for me & hubby!
Really hope to have a healthy baby with my old age...
BTW, My start date of my last menses is 2 Feb but i took "bai Fong wan" 3rd wks & 4th wks after that. Hence also worry....

Hi all, tks for all the advise... I've booked my appt with my gynae next wk. This is my #2 child after a gap of 10 years (from my #1). I've tried all TCM, acuputure, IVF for the past 5 years but still can't conceive #2. Hence my #2 is a miracle for me & hubby!
Really hope to have a healthy baby with my old age...
BTW, My start date of my last menses is 2 Feb but i took "bai Fong wan" 3rd wks & 4th wks after that. Hence also worry....

dun worry so much.. do whatever you are comfortable...older mothers still can deliver healthy babies..... sometimes.. age is just a number.. it doesn't define one health conditions.. just that our risk is higher, with proper risk management, it can be fine as well. :)

Last edited:
Harmony an oscar test is less than 1.5k? I thought harmony test cost around 1.5k?
Isnt able to deduct medisave? =P

Under the Medisave Maternity Package, i think you can use up to $450 from Medisave to pay for thoese pre-delivery expenses such as consultations, ultrasound scans, and tests.

hi everyone! im expecting my #1 :D EDD is 16 Nov. BTW any mummy planned oversea trips b4 preggie? I've planned end of april to Penang. June to Sydney. September to Bali.
Doctor doesn't encourage my trip to Sydney saying 7.5hrs flight is too long and rolled eyes when I mentioned about my Sep trip.
I am quite sad over my June trip.. I thot 2nd trimester shd be stable.
Any mummies are going oversea or had experience going oversea while preggie? and what did your gynae say about it?

Hi everyone ,

Have been following this thread for a while but just signed up. Congrats to all MTBs!
Jus heard my little one's heartbeat ytd . About 9 weeks plus now.
Edd 11th nov. My #1 too!

Can add me to the fb grp? [email protected]

May I check if ur gynaes recommend you to do the PE test for pre eclampsia ? I'm w dr Tham at TMC but he leave decision to me . Was wondering if it's v necessary. Thanks!

Hi everyone ,

Have been following this thread for a while but just signed up. Congrats to all MTBs!
Edd 11th nov. My #1 too!

May I check if ur gynaes recommend you to do the PE test for pre eclampsia ? I'm w dr Tham at TMC but he leave decision to me . Was wondering if it's v necessary. Thanks!
Nope for my #1 n current. Gynae din mention I think it's up to personally. I will be taking. Harmony and NT scan only.

hi all, i just found out i m 8 weeks pregnant. my EDD is 18 nov same birthday as me ^^ ... Being first time mother i was scared. Scared of labour pain, scared financial burdens, scared of getting fat :( but my hubby was delighted. then i went for ultrasound and see the heartbeat i teared up. don't know why lol. then when the dr told me EDD same birthday as me i teared up even more. lol. i'm still scared but not as bad as before. God have plans for every1.

hi all, i just found out i m 8 weeks pregnant. my EDD is 18 nov same birthday as me ^^ ... Being first time mother i was scared. Scared of labour pain, scared financial burdens, scared of getting fat :( but my hubby was delighted. then i went for ultrasound and see the heartbeat i teared up. don't know why lol. then when the dr told me EDD same birthday as me i teared up even more. lol. i'm still scared but not as bad as before. God have plans for every1.
I am also first time mom and will worried too in the beginning. But being worried doesn't do u and baby well. Just relax and go with the flow. Rem happy mom = happy baby. Happy baby is a healthy baby. Now just looking forward to the scanning and check up and sit back and enjoy the process of being pregnant. There are a lot of mummies here to guide you along too :)

Hi all Mummies-to -be,

I'm expecting my #1, currently at 9 weeks.. Edd is 13th nov.. I'm seeing Dr Tham at TMC..feeling great n weak at the same time.. haha.. MS has been quite lenient to me, but the fatigue n sleepiness r hitting real hard on me.. I'm getting symptoms of constipation too :(

Can add me in the fb group as well? TIA!!
[email protected]

Hi everyone ,

Edd 11th nov. My #1 too!

invitation sent, please check your email and confirm. thank you.

Hi, today I just confirm from polyclinic that I am pregnant with my 2nd today and edd is 10th Nov. So worrying as I got my DC last year... thats why I waited for almost 3mths then go clinic to check... hope everything is fine..
Can add me in [email protected]

I am also first time mom and will worried too in the beginning. But being worried doesn't do u and baby well. Just relax and go with the flow. Rem happy mom = happy baby. Happy baby is a healthy baby. Now just looking forward to the scanning and check up and sit back and enjoy the process of being pregnant. There are a lot of mummies here to guide you along too :)
Thanks! i guess its been easy on me so far. i haven't had any symptoms except for no menses. i guess I'm kinda lucky.

hi everyone! im expecting my #1 :D EDD is 16 Nov. BTW any mummy planned oversea trips b4 preggie? I've planned end of april to Penang. June to Sydney. September to Bali.
Doctor doesn't encourage my trip to Sydney saying 7.5hrs flight is too long and rolled eyes when I mentioned about my Sep trip.
I am quite sad over my June trip.. I thot 2nd trimester shd be stable.
Any mummies are going oversea or had experience going oversea while preggie? and what did your gynae say about it?
I went overseas to Korea when I was wk 6 as I booked before I found out I was preg. The plane ride and trip was horrible due to the morning sickness (nv puke but nauseous all the way) and extreme fatigue. I didn't get to enjoy at all. Took overnight flight which was bad for body as well I feel, cos can't slp well in plane. Smelling the street food and BBQ makes me nauseous as well. End up I didn't eat any local food but only ate in cafes.

However, yours might be a better experience than mine since its 2nd trim. :)

Thanks! i guess its been easy on me so far. i haven't had any symptoms except for no menses. i guess I'm kinda lucky.
We are having the same thing as well. I don't have any ms no craving only stomach bloated. Sometimes I also feel I am.not pregnant too. But must feel positive yah ^^

Same here.. I hardly have any ms except for feeling lazy... Just want to sit around and do nothing ( not sure if this is even a symptom or just an excuse) and I heard having ms means baby is healthy ? Sometimes I am worried whether baby is still okay anot... It's only after visiting the gyne that I have reassurance that bb is okay but only for about a week then I start to wonder again ....

Hi Mummies,
Im very new in this. I am pregant at 7 weeks now. I have a daughter (8yo) and after having her i cant seem to carry my babies to full term. Had 3 miscarriages and all due to waterbag broke.
This time my doctor suggested for cervical cerclage. Anyone did this before. May i know the procedure?

hi mummies to be. my EDD is 5 Nov '15 and i can't decide whether to switch gynae due to cost as there are too many options to choose!

i'm currently seeing Dr Hii whose clinic is at Khatib. the place is convenient for me but I find that i'm always getting rushed out of the room especially during the weekday evening time slots. His costs are like $100 for consultation and $80 for basic scans. Is it alot? I haven't asked about the package though.

Do you all have other good recommendations of Dr who deliver at Mt A, have clinics located in the North and charge affordable rates to recommend?

Thanks in advance!

hi mummies to be. my EDD is 5 Nov '15 and i can't decide whether to switch gynae due to cost as there are too many options to choose!

i'm currently seeing Dr Hii whose clinic is at Khatib. the place is convenient for me but I find that i'm always getting rushed out of the room especially during the weekday evening time slots. His costs are like $100 for consultation and $80 for basic scans. Is it alot? I haven't asked about the package though.

Do you all have other good recommendations of Dr who deliver at Mt A, have clinics located in the North and charge affordable rates to recommend?

Thanks in advance!
U can try gynae link at admiralty. Dr Don wong. I am with him. Charges reasonable. Consultation sgd40 scanning up to sgd70 only. He is friendly. But this is of cos for individual opinion

U can try gynae link at admiralty. Dr Don wong. I am with him. Charges reasonable. Consultation sgd40 scanning up to sgd70 only. He is friendly. But this is of cos for individual opinion

thanks for the info! where does he deliver? do you know about his package price? and does he operate during weekday evenings? thanks

i hope my baby comes out as the EDD date cos will be same bdae as me but i doubt so as a lot of first time mum deliver early :( anyway you all got any feeling if its a boy or girl yet?

Hi mummies!
Been looking around for a support group for preggy mums to be. I'm a first time mum to be and currently 9 weeks pregnant.
I'm down with endometriosis cyst and had a laparoscopy surgery done last year.
Am hoping to hear from mummies who have experience being pregnant and having cysts at the same time..

Fizzy

Hi there

dont worry. i had laparoscopy done abt 6 years ago. when i was preg with no 1 my cysts all tame down/\.
i has another robotic surgery last yr aug and now preg with no.2/

dont worry.when u are preg, the cyst(s) will behave :)

Hi Mummies,
Im very new in this. I am pregant at 7 weeks now. I have a daughter (8yo) and after having her i cant seem to carry my babies to full term. Had 3 miscarriages and all due to waterbag broke.
This time my doctor suggested for cervical cerclage. Anyone did this before. May i know the procedure?
@Sarani, I had cervical cerclage done for my 2nd pregnancy. When I found out my cervix shortening at 22weeks, bed rested but still continue to shorten thus cerclage was done at week 24. It was done under GA thus you dun feel anything. However after the procedure I was kept at the labour ward for 24hrs for observation as I was having mild contraction. Thereafter I stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks before I was allowed to go home and bed rested until 37+1 week whereby the stitch was removed and I went into labour on the same day and delivered my gal in 2010.
Now I'm currently pregnant with my #3 and dr KIV a cerclage at week14 for me... It's better to do it early right after the first trimester to minimize the complication arise from performing a cerclage. Did your dr advise when to do it for you??

Now Polyclinic and KKH is so fast.
Yesterday I went to Polyclinic to check pregnancy.
Today I received the SMS from KKH to go KKH tomorrow for 1st appointment.
So fast...

Hi there

dont worry. i had laparoscopy done abt 6 years ago. when i was preg with no 1 my cysts all tame down/\.
i has another robotic surgery last yr aug and now preg with no.2/

dont worry.when u are preg, the cyst(s) will behave :)

Thanks for the reassurance pinky rose! I am hoping the cysts will disappear but might be wishful thinking.

Newbie here...
Been nausea and vomit through out the day... Any MTB same as me?
As checked with many friends, they only feel tired and sleepy but not much having vomit all the time....

Sighhhh~~~~

Bangryun,
i'm still hving MS througout the whole day. AM will vomit gastric juice (before breakfast), after lunch will vomit whatever digested food (haha.. all look so meshy), before dinner will vomit balance of Tea-break or gastric juice again...
I can VOMIT 4-6 times everyday.
I still don't know the exact wks I'm in cos only see my gynae this Fri.
I still tot because I'm old le (38 yrs old), hence my MS symptons worse than most pple.

FOr the tiredness & sleepiness, i think that is norm for all MTB.

Back