(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

This morning after I poo, I wipe and saw a bit of streaks of pink with clear discharge . Jus went to see gyne jus in case. She saw I have a bit of spotting and prescribe progesterone pills for me and ask me to increase my folic acid to twice daily and continue with fish oil. She gave me mc for next 3 days too. But she did a scan and saw baby is growing well, according to the weeks that it should be. So I'm really relief. She said to take it slow.
She said i

She said I can do panorama test today . Good to do now .. And she said for her, she will still want to do NT scan in 2 weeks' time . So today I drew 5 bottles of blood. And by the time I see gyne again to do NT scan , I should get my result back .. Waiting begins now .. Feeling anxious ..

Just for all of your info:
A woman who was average weightbefore getting pregnant should gain 25 to 35 pounds after becoming pregnant. Underweight women should gain 28 to 40 pounds. And overweight women may need to gain only 15 to 25 pounds during pregnancy.

Sometimes, if you feel nauseous, that is because your stomach is very acidic. Have something light to eat and you may find yourself some relief from the nausea. For my wife, nausea means that she needs to eat something. Remember ladies, you need to have enough food and nutrients. So please make sure you eat even if you dont feel like eating. Your baby needs it.

So for underweight women, do we need to eat more? Wouldn't it cause gestational diabetes? I remember my gnae previously wouldn't let me eat much as the baby may grow too big.

Im exactly 14 wks today. 2 more days to see my gynea. Did my oscar test at wk 12 and they called last week to say everything is normal. Need to see what my gynea have to say on my next appointment. Still deciding whether to sign up his package or not. He's from TMC cck Dr Adrian Woodworth. The last time I only met him once and his consultation very fast. But if u got qs to ask he will ans to u.

Im exactly 14 wks today. 2 more days to see my gynea. Did my oscar test at wk 12 and they called last week to say everything is normal. Need to see what my gynea have to say on my next appointment. Still deciding whether to sign up his package or not. He's from TMC cck Dr Adrian Woodworth. The last time I only met him once and his consultation very fast. But if u got qs to ask he will ans to u.
I heard hes one of the popular one from tmc. I wanted to get him too but his waiting time usually very long! Im also thinking of whether to sign up package with my gynea. Seeing him tmr for 2nd visit. He alao those quiet kind.

Thanks:) ya, I guess as long as no brown or red should be fine . After I've removed my polyps and spot for 1week, the bleeding finally cleared up as the wound heals. So will feel a bit paranoid when I feel a bit of discharge down there. Always very kan cheong to check if it is of any colour .. Praying hard daily :)
Hi
Did you do polyp removal during pregnancy ? Is it safe to bb ? Can we resume normal activity after surgery ? My gynea suggested that I need to do one soon .

I heard hes one of the popular one from tmc. I wanted to get him too but his waiting time usually very long! Im also thinking of whether to sign up package with my gynea. Seeing him tmr for 2nd visit. He alao those quiet kind.
Actually his waiting time for consultation rather fast. Cos he chop chop de. It's the waiting to take medic time slower only.

Hi i was with Dr. Adrian too, already sign package with him from 1st visit ($688 ) till your delivery. i don't really like his chop chop style but no choice as the package is very cheap compare to other gynae.:confused:

Hi
Did you do polyp removal during pregnancy ? Is it safe to bb ? Can we resume normal activity after surgery ? My gynea suggested that I need to do one soon .
May I asked Where is your polyps? Mine was outside the entrance of the cervix so gyne assured that it was safe. It was very fast.. Snipped within few seconds. Mine was rather big and it caused bleeding so gyne said to remove. And plus it won't disturb the cervix or baby so it is fine. So depending on where is your polyps. As the wound was raw after removal, there was light spotting for about 5-7 days but by 1 week, it cleared up for me.

Hi i was with Dr. Adrian too, already sign package with him from 1st visit ($688 ) till your delivery. i don't really like his chop chop style but no choice as the package is very cheap compare to other gynae.:confused:
Ya. Gona prep qs to ask him on my next visit Bt sometimes tends to forget. Seems like he sees bb ok and fine thn dc much abt the one carrying the bb alrdy I guess. Lol.

Ya. Gona prep qs to ask him on my next visit Bt sometimes tends to forget. Seems like he sees bb ok and fine thn dc much abt the one carrying the bb alrdy I guess. Lol.

But is quitesad that the ultrascan was too fast my hubby didn't even really look at it yet then d photo was done. hope to see wad the bb doing inside also got abit difficulty :rolleyes:

But is quitesad that the ultrascan was too fast my hubby didn't even really look at it yet then d photo was done. hope to see wad the bb doing inside also got abit difficulty :rolleyes:
Ya indeed v fast hor. Bt if bb still small also not much movement I suppose? Tt time only at my wk 12 oscar scan thn I manage to see my bb more clearly and some movements lor. My bb was curl up sleeping initially then then sonagrapher move move the scanner and bb starts to move le. Saw bb stretching. Cute. ^^

Healthy and active baby u got :) glad it's nothing serious and all good. Maybe just ask gynae is there anything or signs u need to monitor in terms of this bartholin cyst? I've not heard of this.

Thanks buns_bunnie, I'm heading to my gynae again.. My cyst ruptured and a lot of blood came like heavy menses.. No pain though..

Pass my 14 weeks Bt lately keeps hving migraine. I try my best to avoid taking panadol. Ytd rub on some 'feng you' Bt still feeling the pain on and off. I wonder Izit cos of the multi vits Tt cause the heatiness and thus the headaches? Any remedies?

Pass my 14 weeks Bt lately keeps hving migraine. I try my best to avoid taking panadol. Ytd rub on some 'feng you' Bt still feeling the pain on and off. I wonder Izit cos of the multi vits Tt cause the heatiness and thus the headaches? Any remedies?
Drink warm lime drink

May I asked Where is your polyps? Mine was outside the entrance of the cervix so gyne assured that it was safe. It was very fast.. Snipped within few seconds. Mine was rather big and it caused bleeding so gyne said to remove. And plus it won't disturb the cervix or baby so it is fine. So depending on where is your polyps. As the wound was raw after removal, there was light spotting for about 5-7 days but by 1 week, it cleared up for me.
Hi my polyp is at outside entrance of cervix , and is about 1.5 cm, but not sure where the stem ends . my gynea usually do examination to locate it. As well I have occasional discharge my gynea suggested to remove it .

Last edited:
Hi my polyp is at entrance of cervix and is about 1.5 cm, Since I have occasional discharge my gynea suggested to remove it .
Did your gynea removed polyp completely together with stem region ? My gynea said that he can try to remove the polyp which is outside , but depending on the location of stem region he may remove partially or completely .

Did your gynea removed polyp completely together with stem region ? My gynea said that he can try to remove the polyp which is outside , but depending on the location of stem region he may remove partially or completely .

Hmm, my polyps is jus outside the entrance of cervix so she removed whole thing for me. I think if it is too invasive , gyne won't take the risk to remove the stem that is too far in too:) see what your gyne suggest after a more thorough examination . Then see what is best for your situation :)

Any mommies here taking Utrogestan ? It is the progesterone support pill. Last night I took my first dose , after 1-2 hours , felt giddy and super sleepy . I googled and it seems like it is part of the effect of the pills. Any mommies took this pills b4 and felt the same way? Today gyne not in so I can't ask her. Will call her tmr to ask.

I am thinking of using a gynae in private practice. However, I know my baby will need follow up check ups after his/her arrival. Can we go back KKH for check up after that? How does it work?

Any mommies here taking Utrogestan ? It is the progesterone support pill. Last night I took my first dose , after 1-2 hours , felt giddy and super sleepy . I googled and it seems like it is part of the effect of the pills. Any mommies took this pills b4 and felt the same way? Today gyne not in so I can't ask her. Will call her tmr to ask.

@bellebaby yup, that why the dosage to take is higher in the night, drowsiness is one of the side effects. Usually I take it just before I go to sleep.

@bellebaby yup, that why the dosage to take is higher in the night, drowsiness is one of the side effects. Usually I take it just before I go to sleep.
No wonder .. For mine, each tablet is 100 mg. Gyne said twice a day , once in the morning and once at night . I think I can't function if I take in the morning . Will ask gyne if I can take in the night only or whichever alternative she has for me

No wonder .. For mine, each tablet is 100 mg. Gyne said twice a day , once in the morning and once at night . I think I can't function if I take in the morning . Will ask gyne if I can take in the night only or whichever alternative she has for me
My dosage was 1 in the morning, 2 in the night. I usually take it after my breakfast in the morning and I feel ok.

My dosage was 1 in the morning, 2 in the night. I usually take it after my breakfast in the morning and I feel ok.

Since gyne asked me to rest this few days at home , I'll try to take it tmr morning and see if I feel giddy or sleepy. How many weeks are u now ? You took it becos u are spotting too? How long does your gyne ask u to take ? Gyne seeing me in 2 weeks' time so I think she will see my condition again .. So far so good .. Praying hard!! :)

I used to take utrogestan. My previous gynea prescribe 2 at nite for me the last time. I took alrdy feels high and went to sleep. Now current gynea gave me Duphaston instead. Also the same but will not feels sleepy ya.

I used to take utrogestan. My previous gynea prescribe 2 at nite for me the last time. I took alrdy feels high and went to sleep. Now current gynea gave me Duphaston instead. Also the same but will not feels sleepy ya.
R u still taking Duphaston now ? Hahah.. I feel like I was floating last night .. Giddy .. And the moment my head hits the pillow, I was off to dreamland ! Hahah

R u still taking Duphaston now ? Hahah.. I feel like I was floating last night .. Giddy .. And the moment my head hits the pillow, I was off to dreamland ! Hahah
Haha I feels high and I quite like the feeling actually. =P
Ya I'm on duphaston but finishes last week. Tmr I will be going back to my gynea. Not sure if he will continue to Gimi or not.

Haha I feels high and I quite like the feeling actually. =P
Ya I'm on duphaston but finishes last week. Tmr I will be going back to my gynea. Not sure if he will continue to Gimi or not.
Hahah.. For me I still gotta read bedtime story with my boy.. My world spinning around .. No choice , ask hubby to take over the reading .. Hahah..
Were u spotting b4 that ? Now Okie ? :)

Hahah.. For me I still gotta read bedtime story with my boy.. My world spinning around .. No choice , ask hubby to take over the reading .. Hahah..
Were u spotting b4 that ? Now Okie ? :)
I wasn't spotting but cos I had a miscarriage before and mild cramps (maybe due to my left blocked tube) thus y given.

So for underweight women, do we need to eat more? Wouldn't it cause gestational diabetes? I remember my gnae previously wouldn't let me eat much as the baby may grow too big.

I think underweight women need to gain slightly more weight. If I am not wrong, underweight women are recommended to gain about 28 to 40 pounds depending on how much underweight you are. It is good to check with your gynae about this. But I think the main concern is that you do not eat too much at one time and eat more healthy food.

Can I ask if any mummies have cl ladies to recommend?
Hi babe, this's my first baby but I did ask my girlfriends for recommendation and some of them have recommended me good ones: but good according to them as I've no personal experience yet. If you want, I can pass you the contact details. Just pm me. They're all Malaysians though so gonna stay over at your place.

Since gyne asked me to rest this few days at home , I'll try to take it tmr morning and see if I feel giddy or sleepy. How many weeks are u now ? You took it becos u are spotting too? How long does your gyne ask u to take ? Gyne seeing me in 2 weeks' time so I think she will see my condition again .. So far so good .. Praying hard!! :)
@bellebaby Currently 14 weeks, I had light spotting from Week5-10 was given 1 month HL but I went back to work around 3.5weeks when I felt better. Was on 1 pill in the morning and 2 pills in the night for 3 weeks and had 5 jabs then the last 2 weeks was just 2 at night. I didn't walk a lot those few weeks and if I could I would just be resting in bed/sofa. It does help. My gynae was super cautious since this is my no1 and he is the type who takes the rather safe than sorry approach which I appreciate alot.

Hi mommies (maybe daddies),
I'm a first time mom to be. Currently at week 12. Had a 1:589 Oscar scare, so tomorrow I'll be going for Harmony test. A tad nervous. First baby and I'm 37, so everything feels like going so fast.

I've heard my baby's heartbeat, it's at 162. Saw baby kick and make a fuss, refusing to face the scanner or lie straight for the Oscar scan. Until I whisper in my heart "mommy don't want to lie here for hours, you behave."

I've got my baby's name, think he's a boy but it's not confirmed yet. Haha. I've got no symptoms at all except for sharp aches in my joints sometimes when I wake up in the morning. No cravings, I seem to reduce my eating according to partner. Lost 2kg. I do have an increased hound's nose for cigarettes smoke though. Can smell it miles away even if the person has already stopped smoking.

If its cool, I'd like to be included in fb. [email protected].

Thanks so much. Been feeling alone because partner is not living with me yet. Feels like I'm facing this all on my own. He's supporting when it comes to money. But silent when I need emotional support. I only have God and my dogs. I'm guessing it'll help me if I join you guys as support group.

I've been silently panicking for a while now.

@bellebaby Currently 14 weeks, I had light spotting from Week5-10 was given 1 month HL but I went back to work around 3.5weeks when I felt better. Was on 1 pill in the morning and 2 pills in the night for 3 weeks and had 5 jabs then the last 2 weeks was just 2 at night. I didn't walk a lot those few weeks and if I could I would just be resting in bed/sofa. It does help. My gynae was super cautious since this is my no1 and he is the type who takes the rather safe than sorry approach which I appreciate alot.

Can I ask when your gyne grant you 1 month HL, did u need to be hospitalised first b4 he can write as HL? Cos my mc depleting with all my bed rest and my gyne said unless I am admitted to hospital first and thereafter discharged then she can write HL for me .. Maybe she is stricter in terms of HL .. But I really dunno wat to do if mc depleted liao ..only 14 days and I'm like left with 5 days to last me till EDD in oct :(

It is very normal.

The other way of taking utrogestan is to insert into the vagina. That greatly reduces the dizziness and sleepiness. Just remember to use panty liners as well, cos it gets messy.

Can I ask when your gyne grant you 1 month HL, did u need to be hospitalised first b4 he can write as HL? Cos my mc depleting with all my bed rest and my gyne said unless I am admitted to hospital first and thereafter discharged then she can write HL for me .. Maybe she is stricter in terms of HL .. But I really dunno wat to do if mc depleted liao ..only 14 days and I'm like left with 5 days to last me till EDD in oct :(
Wasn't hospitalized, he gave me 1 week initially but I didn't improve so he extended by another week and another 2 weeks. However, he said if I feel better, I can increase my physical activity and so I went back to work after 3.5 weeks.

Wasn't hospitalized, he gave me 1 week initially but I didn't improve so he extended by another week and another 2 weeks. However, he said if I feel better, I can increase my physical activity and so I went back to work after 3.5 weeks.
May I know who is your gyne ? From which hospital ?

It is very normal.

The other way of taking utrogestan is to insert into the vagina. That greatly reduces the dizziness and sleepiness. Just remember to use panty liners as well, cos it gets messy.

Yes I used to insert into vagina. I didn't feel dizzy or sleepy...

Hi mommies (maybe daddies),
I'm a first time mom to be. Currently at week 12. Had a 1:589 Oscar scare, so tomorrow I'll be going for Harmony test. A tad nervous. First baby and I'm 37, so everything feels like going so fast.

I've heard my baby's heartbeat, it's at 162. Saw baby kick and make a fuss, refusing to face the scanner or lie straight for the Oscar scan. Until I whisper in my heart "mommy don't want to lie here for hours, you behave."

I've got my baby's name, think he's a boy but it's not confirmed yet. Haha. I've got no symptoms at all except for sharp aches in my joints sometimes when I wake up in the morning. No cravings, I seem to reduce my eating according to partner. Lost 2kg. I do have an increased hound's nose for cigarettes smoke though. Can smell it miles away even if the person has already stopped smoking.

If its cool, I'd like to be included in fb. [email protected].

Thanks so much. Been feeling alone because partner is not living with me yet. Feels like I'm facing this all on my own. He's supporting when it comes to money. But silent when I need emotional support. I only have God and my dogs. I'm guessing it'll help me if I join you guys as support group.

I've been silently panicking for a while now.

Hi there, I have just added you to the group. Please check your email and spam folders :)

I also just turned week 12 today. My EDD is 22 Oct. What is yours?

I'm going for Oscar test this Friday. I think Oscar normally has false positives, so don't worry too much. I wanted to do Harmony, but my gynae didn't suggest it, even when I expressed my preference for the Harmony test :/

Yes I also always smell all sorts of smells, that no one else seems to haha. Detest cigarette smoke as well.

Will be great to have you in our FB group. We talk a lot there and express all our concerns. We also have a Whatsapp group that a mom started. You will need to look further down the threads to find it :) Hope it helps and see you in the group! :)

Back