(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Should be ok I guess? I ate a lot of cherry tomatoes in my early weeks. Only thing I could eat.
I would think so too.. Cos they are healthy. I think eat in moderation shouldn't be a prob :) I bought a small box of cherry tomatoes yesterday .. They look so beautiful , couldn't resist :)

Hi all,
I'm into my 12 weeks now and will be going to do my Harmony test tomorrow... a bit old now (37yo) so need to pray hard.
Anyone also visiting Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC? I did not asked around for recommendation as I wish to be as low profile as possible (in case for the worse) so I randomly searched and found him, hope can know mum-to-be having the same gynae as me.

Hi @theia ,
have sent you an msg to request to add me on FB group. Thanks in advanced!

Hi all,
I'm into my 12 weeks now and will be going to do my Harmony test tomorrow... a bit old now (37yo) so need to pray hard.
Anyone also visiting Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC? I did not asked around for recommendation as I wish to be as low profile as possible (in case for the worse) so I randomly searched and found him, hope can know mum-to-be having the same gynae as me.

Hi @theia ,

Good luck! One of my colleagues who is same age as you also went for harmony test. All is well with her and baby :) it will be the same for you too. Have faith!

Quick question. Has any one experienced protruding belly button yet? I'm only in my week 14 but my belly button recently started protruding (I personally find it really cute and couldn't stop touching it). But juts curious if any of you has experienced this yet? I'm also spotting a slight baby bump already.

Hi all,

Hi @theia ,
Hello I'm also as anxious as u heee 36 and going for harmony tomorrow as well. Past 2 days been.having slight brown discharge and cramps so quite worried. Now in my 12 weeks.

Quick question. Has any one experienced protruding belly button yet? I'm only in my week 14 but my belly button recently started protruding (I personally find it really cute and couldn't stop touching it). But juts curious if any of you has experienced this yet? I'm also spotting a slight baby bump already.

Hi Regeena,

No i havent got protruding belly button. I can see you are enjoying your pregnancy! Heee...

Heheh.. So cute, from the way u describe about your tummy:D
I'm now 10 weeks+ and tummy already protruding a bit .. Baby is still small so it must be the bloated tummy. But my colleagues already starting asking cos they saw my little tummy and becos I'm considered small frame, plus it is my 2nd pregnancy (they say 2nd pregnancy shows earlier), so I guess it is more obvious .. Belly button is protruding a bit out too.. My Fren joke to say now easier to clean the belly button liao :)
During my first pregnancy , I think I only started to show around 14-15 weeks :)

Hi all,

Hi @theia ,
Hi lingyou, I'm seeing Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC too!

I dont have protuding belly button, but my belly button "expanded" means the hole got "bigger" ...
Make it easier to clean the inside now! HAHA!
My bump is quite big now at WK14.... maybe cos Im having #2... So show much faster...

Hi lingyou, I'm seeing Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC too!
Hi asumi! Nice to know that. How is your experience with him and have you signed package with him? Some forum says he friendly and patient, but I think he speak quite fast with me, maybe because I don't have much questions?

Hi
Hello I'm also as anxious as u heee 36 and going for harmony tomorrow as well. Past 2 days been.having slight brown discharge and cramps so quite worried. Now in my 12 weeks.
Hi buns, hope doc can answer you on what is the cause for the brown discharge and pray it's nothing serious, meanwhile take care yah. Wonder if we will get the Harmony test result on the same day. :)

Hi

Hi buns, hope doc can answer you on what is the cause for the brown discharge and pray it's nothing serious, meanwhile take care yah. Wonder if we will get the Harmony test result on the same day. :)
Thanks babe. Doubt so cos must send overseas. Heard from last appt it will take up to 2 weeks. It's another wait right...so long...

Hi asumi! Nice to know that. How is your experience with him and have you signed package with him? Some forum says he friendly and patient, but I think he speak quite fast with me, maybe because I don't have much questions?
I too find that he's a little fast. I've only seen him for one time. My previous visits was another gynae who doesn't do delivering, and don't have any package. But overall, he's still ok lah, perhaps he's got a lot of patients visiting him, thus the fast pace? I'll be seeing him again on 14/4 for my OSCAR and checkup. Will decide whether to sign package with him till then.

I went to dr Ben tham. To be honest I don't find him exceptionally friendly. In fact I agree he speaks v fast and seems to just want to defer to his nurses to explain to me the differences of Oscar or harmony. My first visit to him only la so can only say he's fairly energetic and I guess that can kinda rub off us who's having MS and moody. Will monitor for my 2nd visit before deciding to sign up with him or not.

Went to my GP this morning due to a swollen lump on my left side of my vagina.. I had it for about 5 days and didn't go see GP until now like no improvement.. GP said its an abscess and ask me to go see my gynae immediately.. Got scolded by her also and ask me why wait until so long then come see her.. Now at my gynae waiting... Hope it's nothing serious.. =(

Ok just seen my gynae and was diagnose with bartholin cyst.. My gynae said its nothing serious unless got infection.. Gave me a wash and cream.. Did ultrasound and baby keep moving and moving and moving! So happy that I saw my baby moving. Gynae had a hard time trying to check bb's heartbeat coz he or she keeps moving haha! Anyone has bartholin cyst here?

Ok just seen my gynae and was diagnose with bartholin cyst.. My gynae said its nothing serious unless got infection.. Gave me a wash and cream.. Did ultrasound and baby keep moving and moving and moving! So happy that I saw my baby moving. Gynae had a hard time trying to check bb's heartbeat coz he or she keeps moving haha! Anyone has bartholin cyst here?
Healthy and active baby u got :) glad it's nothing serious and all good. Maybe just ask gynae is there anything or signs u need to monitor in terms of this bartholin cyst? I've not heard of this.

Im week 13 tmr and 0 weight gain yet. My colleagues say i sld eat more but i got no cravings. I actually lost a couple kgs durig the first 2-3 wks i know im preg. Any mummies same as me with no cravings?

Im week 13 tmr and 0 weight gain yet. My colleagues say i sld eat more but i got no cravings. I actually lost a couple kgs durig the first 2-3 wks i know im preg. Any mummies same as me with no cravings?

pinnpinn, you are not alone.
am 14w 3d today. still waiting for my appetite to return. no cravings. with food aversions. esp meat like chicken, pork. digestion slow and sluggish. full of gas. :(
hate how i am feeling. i think i lost weight. waiting for things to get better.

I lost 2kg... nearing my 12th week. I have no cravings. Milk makes me puke and the thought of eating meat makes me nauseous as well. Soups and vegetables are okay though.

Hugs. A few of my colleagues mentioned i eat too little. Even my mum says so. Im just eating as per normal, sometimes good, most of the times bad. I love curry but dislike the chicken. Haha. I think too much meat makes me puky

I'm 12W6days. Turning 13 weeks soon. Have lost 2kilos since also and can't eat most food. Can't take soup nor stir fry veg nor meat nor anything oily too.

the only things I can eat are porridge, fruits, prenatal milk, Ritz biscuits (the super salty kind), chocolates (yum!)
Started recently on carrot cake. Yum.
Getting there. :)

Halo ladies! Is having spotting/blood at week 12 normal? Duno if I shld go see my gynae abt this.
Think its better to consult gynea. Any blood discharge is consider a risk to the bb. Some gynea take it very seriously some less serious. Mine put me on bed rest for a week even though i only got one spot of blood. Better to at least call and check :)

Hi All, I'm new here and it's my first pregnancy so am a little bit more kan cheong.
I've been to KKH for my 9th week scan and saw my baby's heartbeat but can't hear it. Is it normal? A little bit worried.. :(

Hi All, I'm new here and it's my first pregnancy so am a little bit more kan cheong.
I've been to KKH for my 9th week scan and saw my baby's heartbeat but can't hear it. Is it normal? A little bit worried.. :(
My gynea never let me listen to my bb heartbeat.. he say see better den hear.. dunno true anot..

Yup, my gynea nv let me hear bb heartbeat only until when I went to do my oscar test at 12wks ya.

I don't hv any cravings at all, Bt before my wk 12 I keeps hungry so I ate a lot more then usual and gain 1.5kg. Aft my wk 12 (now goin wk 14) my appetite back to normal and I still not cravings. Sometimes eat till duno wat to eat.

Yup. I hear my bb heartbeat for a while when doing my Oscar test on sat (was wk12 + during that time)

My past two scans, my gyne turned on the sound to let me hear the bb's heartbeat. If u wanna hear , can ask the sonographer or gyne (whoever is doing the scan for u) to let u hear :)

Check with u ladies , normal to have transparent , clear discharge .. Sometimes light yellow a little creamy discharge ? Not a lot but more after u poo.. (Sorry, tmi) :D

Think its better to consult gynea. Any blood discharge is consider a risk to the bb. Some gynea take it very seriously some less serious. Mine put me on bed rest for a week even though i only got one spot of blood. Better to at least call and check :)
Thanks Pinnpinn :)

Just for all of your info:
A woman who was average weightbefore getting pregnant should gain 25 to 35 pounds after becoming pregnant. Underweight women should gain 28 to 40 pounds. And overweight women may need to gain only 15 to 25 pounds during pregnancy.

Sometimes, if you feel nauseous, that is because your stomach is very acidic. Have something light to eat and you may find yourself some relief from the nausea. For my wife, nausea means that she needs to eat something. Remember ladies, you need to have enough food and nutrients. So please make sure you eat even if you dont feel like eating. Your baby needs it.

Check with u ladies , normal to have transparent , clear discharge .. Sometimes light yellow a little creamy discharge ? Not a lot but more after u poo.. (Sorry, tmi) :D
I tink is normal cos I often hv discharge. Actually is everyday leh. As long no brown to red is fine.

pinnpinn, you are not alone.
am 14w 3d today. still waiting for my appetite to return. no cravings. with food aversions. esp meat like chicken, pork. digestion slow and sluggish. full of gas. :(
hate how i am feeling. i think i lost weight. waiting for things to get better.

Hi Gerrydine, pinnpinn,

I am going 13 weeks tomorrow. I am having food aversion too! Esp on meaty food too. I am using this app to track my food intake n symptom. Intolerance food diary. I find it pretty useful. At least i know when does the bloating usually start to act up after my meal, what exact food i totally shouldnt take etc. With this, at least i know i totally cant take spinach and pork. Try it if you are looking for something to track your food tolerance :)

Lost 3kgs so far...

It's because he didnt turn on the volume... Gynae dont normally on the volume for u to hear...
The next time u go, tell him u want to listen to the heartbeat....
I always request to listen to it... :)

I tink is normal cos I often hv discharge. Actually is everyday leh. As long no brown to red is fine.
Thanks:) ya, I guess as long as no brown or red should be fine . After I've removed my polyps and spot for 1week, the bleeding finally cleared up as the wound heals. So will feel a bit paranoid when I feel a bit of discharge down there. Always very kan cheong to check if it is of any colour .. Praying hard daily :)

Back