(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Just wondering are you all curious about gender of baby? I know most say healthy baby can le.. Heard there are many old wife tales and some gynae or Chinese tcm doc can predict baby gender very early?

Neoaix mine will be in cc together !! Omg. Actually I also bo chap aldy. #1 v Gan jiong, #2 let go a bit, #3 bo chap. Eat wad I like. Haa. Maybe will color hair after hearing Lo HB. Haa.

Fluffy not accurate de. My tummy diff shapes for both preg, both gers. Haa. A lot guess #2 ger cuz tummy v round. But #2 looks like boy lo. Haa

Neoix I feel like looking for mp to get a slot in a cheaper cc, so that I can put both in. I'm not working so 1k per kid after subsidy cc is a lot to me. Imagine 2 kids = 2k excludes enrichments and sch bus lo. My first skol is ard 750 - 150 (subsidy) = 600 *2 = 1200. I still can afford one maid. Haa

Hi MTB,

Would just like to recommend Aunty Gui Xiang as CL. let me know if you need CL around sept - dec 2015

Hi all!
I'm in my 6th week now, it's my first BB ^^, a lot of things I'm not aware of, need to seek some advices here. I was actually yet to go for a gyne, just got confirmation from general physician in clinic.
I am looking for a good gyne with reasonable price, any good recommendations here? A bit nervous here in term of preparation of first born.
Congratulations to all of u!!
Congrats to u!! Me too!! My first baby & lots of things I dunno.. There are quite a few gynae in thomson medical. But location of clinic also plays a part.. I know some of the gynae have their own clinic but all under the same name: thomson women clinic in different parts of sg.

I'm having my first appt with dr Judy Wong next mon.. Very nervous & excited!

Yo what is oscar scan, mummies?

Hi RnRnr,
Hope this helps :)

Nuchal Translucency (NT) The NT test involves a detailed ultrasound scan of the baby at 11- 14 weeks of the gestation and the fluid collection behind the baby’s neck is measured. A thickened NT beyond normal thickness is associated with chromosomal abnormalities, Down’s syndrome being the most common, although Edwards’s syndrome Patau’s syndromes are also screened. The normal thickens is usually less than 2.5mm.

A risk estimate can be obtained by the result of the fetal NT value, maternal age and the crown-rump length of the fetus. The accuracy of the NT test alone is about 80%.

OSCAR

The OSCAR test involves the NT test plus a sample of the mother’s blood which is analysed for levels of free beta hCG and PAPP-A (Pregnancy associated plasma protein A). The combined data will give a risk estimate of Down syndrome with an accuracy of 90% which is superior to that NT alone (80%)

Joyce0310 thanks for the reply!!! Jus curious coz read on other threads that some gynae or Chinese practitioner can predict accurately from as early as 1st trimester. It's my 1st pregnancy so very excited many questions ;) and my doc appointment still have to wait some time. So glad could gather here and share to get help. How about body/back massages? I guess foot reflex should be a no no. Or should wait till trimester 2 also?

Was browsing thru some of the threads about the OSCARS and Harmony etc.

During my 1st and 2nd pregnancy, there wasnt such thing as Harmony. I did OSCARS for both. I most likely will also do OSCARS this round only. IF the results is bad then I may choose to go for Harmony ba. Mainly coz OSCARS is also way cheaper la....

Neoix I feel like looking for mp to get a slot in a cheaper cc, so that I can put both in. I'm not working so 1k per kid after subsidy cc is a lot to me. Imagine 2 kids = 2k excludes enrichments and sch bus lo. My first skol is ard 750 - 150 (subsidy) = 600 *2 = 1200. I still can afford one maid. Haa

Yah my 2 also in childcare... but I'm working so still have subsidy $300 each... plus another $100 for additional subsidy total I'm paying $250 for each kid. me and hubby combine income also not more than 6K lor... tough life... will not be considering maid cuz is an extra mouth to feed also leh..

yah lor same leh... 1st one gan chiong, 2nd one let go a bit, 3rd one bo chup liao... hahahhahaha i also eat watever I want & drink cold drinks... lolx....

Yup, my scan is V scan, not ultrasound... still very very small, ard 9.5mm only... my dr say my next visit can see better using ultrasound liao...

Dragging my feet to work everyday lor... & taking MRT just make my MS worst cuz so many people smell... i took cab to work almost everyday... this time the MS not only in morning... my MS is whole day...

neoaix, your MS kick in so fast ar? so ke lian.. tk care
for my #1, I just felt slightly nauseous but no MS. Pregnancy went pretty smoothly, so fingers crosse for #2 too!

neoaix, your MS kick in so fast ar? so ke lian.. tk care
for my #1, I just felt slightly nauseous but no MS. Pregnancy went pretty smoothly, so fingers crosse for #2 too!

Yah lor.. my MS kick in around week 6 near week 7 onwards... just feel like vomitting everyday.... & very sensitive to smell lor... everyday i just feel like taking leave or MC from work... my colleagues all see my face like wanna die lor...

Sorry to hear ur terrible time with ms. Jia you and hope it gets better really soon! I am about 5-6 weeks can't confirm too as my last menses date is 10th dec, gynae told me it's pretty small now so couldn't see.. Jus wondering when does ms normally kicks in

yah... i started with a lot of gas also.. then nauseous.. then now become MS... vomitting & gastric all the way....

4 weeks too early to see dr... no need waste money... best is 7 weeks onwards...

ya lo, agree 4 weeks is too early. That's why I haven't scheduled gynae appointment yet.
for my #1, I went at 7 weeks, and had to use vscan to spot the sac and heartbeat!

ya no need so early unless u got abnormal bleeding or medical history.. but u can start folic acid n calcium first

ya lo, agree 4 weeks is too early. That's why I haven't scheduled gynae appointment yet.
for my #1, I went at 7 weeks, and had to use vscan to spot the sac and heartbeat!
7 weeks still got to use v scan o_O I think go Ard 8-9weeks better. :D

Arghs 7 wks its v scan?! Wish me luck. Will be going at 7w2d this Friday. =|

Mummies with MS do jiayou! The feeling indeed sucks...for my no.1 I had it full-blown at week 4 to week 10. And boy was it bad. Now it started at week 6, but easing up and becoming more manageable this week. Praying for the best daily!

Dear all..
My [email protected]
pls include me in de watsap chat ok..
Yesterday i went raffles hospital n seen dr watt..wow paid $293 for consultation n scannin..heartpain....
Hapy 2 c bb heartbeat aready..
Oso relieved to kno harmony test is ard $900 acordingly to dr watt cos i tot shd b more den $1.2k.wil go de test early mar...v wory..

Went for my first check-up yesterday. As per gynae, I'm at 7w1d. Used, ultrasound can already see baby and hear heartbeat pretty clear.

Very excited. But I was given Utrogestan because I have discharge. Anyone subscribed with this too? Any side effects?

Went for my first check-up yesterday. As per gynae, I'm at 7w1d. Used, ultrasound can already see baby and hear heartbeat pretty clear.

Very excited. But I was given Utrogestan because I have discharge. Anyone subscribed with this too? Any side effects?

Congrats! I hope I can do ultrasound instead of vscan when I go see doc next weekend too.
I am also on utrogestan, it's to stabilize the baby. Did u manage to see Ur baby? More than an egg yolk and sac now?

Congrats! I hope I can do ultrasound instead of vscan when I go see doc next weekend too.
I am also on utrogestan, it's to stabilize the baby. Did u manage to see Ur baby? More than an egg yolk and sac now?

Not really, it doesn't look like a baby just yet. But it does have length now.

So excited! I just went for my first Gynae check up. Last menses late also 28/11. But my conceived date Shd be 17/12. Doc say baby is around 7 week now. No need vaginal scan. Can see the baby bean shape and the egg yolk and listened to heartbeat by the ultra scan! Initially like not very excited cos second baby... But So touched when I heard the heartbeat!!! Haha! EDD is ard 7/9-8/9

Hihi, I am also 7w1d pregnant as of yesterday! My appointment is supposedly next week but I went to kk yesterday due to blood discharge. The good thing is there isn't any problem and I have the scan on the baby! Will go to my gyne next week to ask more questions as I was given Utrogestan too.

Wow so great to hear some of u could hear the heartbeat already! I went to the gynae when I was 4 weeks plus so couldn't see anything hahahh too excited as first time. Just confused about how they count the baby's age or conceived date? I know that's it's the last menses date but is it also from the scan then will see the size and count backwards to work the baby's age and conceived date?

Back