(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hi Mummies, i'm new here...
2nd time mummy thou..but totally still cant adapt to ms!! been hugging the toilet bowl n feeling v tired at work.. :(

btw..need advises from ya all..in a dilemma whether to follow my gynae not...My 1st one was delivered at KKH w Dr SL Goh, but she have resigned and opened her own clinic. Due to budget, now i'm stuck at whether to change gynae n stick to KKH or to stick to Dr Goh and change hosp? Kinda torn between KKH private suite/ward A costing and Private hosp costings. :(

Any idea whats the price diff for KKH Ward A (Private suite cost), Gleneagles, Mt A and Parkway East Single bedded?

Hi hi, I am 6 weeks 2-4 days now. Can hear heartbeat already but I was too emotional (tummy kept moving) that doc couldn't really track the heartbeat rate. I find Dr Ng very motherly. As I'm a 1st time mama too, she was very patient with us and educate us what to look out for. She even told us not to waste money unnecessarily by rushing to A&E for little things. So she did pre-amp us some symptoms that I might be experiencing but they are normal.

Not quite sure about her stitching skills leh. But I think should be ok bah.

I see, thanks Damahome :)

I see. Thanks for sharing! I did my research and settled on Dr Kang Wee and delivering at Mt A.. Appt next sat when I am in my week 6, 3 days. Hopefully can hear heartbeat. I am currently 5weeks 1 day. Experienced on off cramps too and feeling gassy. Hope everyone is well! =)

Hello, yeah i have the same feeling too... feeling gassy especially brushing teeth during day and night time..:( At work , i feel nausea too.
Based on the aps, i think i m 6 wk now. When is the right timing to go to see gynae for the 1st time?

Besides, mummies, did you eat any special food (ie, healthy food) during your 1st trimester?

Finally gone for my first checkup this morning. Bb is fine n hrd the heartbeat.........that's really a relief! My son n papa stood besides me were looking excited too.
My nxt appointment will be in Feb n i am contemplating what down syndrome test to go for. Oscar or the panorama test. Both at different cost $500 and $1400 respectively.

Hi all!
I am in my 5th week now. EDD 10 september.
Feeling more fatigue now more than ever!
I downloaded some useful apps on my phone: What to expect, Fish4health, Sprout, Food No0Nos and currently reading " What to expect when expecting".
My first time as a mother so very excited.
My diet: Changed now! Keep snacking on fruits and veggies....
I have an appointment with a gynae next week but in the meantime, will go on maternity tours to see hospital wards/ facilities.
Congrats to everyone here and let's share knowledge so we can grow! Hoping to learn from all of you.
Love

Hi Rachel,

I am also using what to expect aps, it said that i 'm 6 wk now. Tmr i 'm gg for my first scan with Dr. Esther ng.
Hope can hear heartbeat.
Based on the App it said that my EDD is also 10 Sept. Not sure how accurate it is. If yes we have the same EDD ;p

Which gynae you are visiting? You are visiting on 6wk too? I was wondering would it be too early for the 1st visit actually..
Some said no need to go so early as cant see /hear anything..
on wasting $;p

Good luck to you:)

Hi junk_foodie, I just went to see Dr Ng today. Waiting time wasn't too long. Probably becoz it's a weekday. I find Dr Ng very motherly and very encouraging.

1st time charge was $250 coz she gave me all the multi-vits that I need. She did mention that subsequent visit should be cheaper around $95+.

Hi Dama,

Do you know total how many sessions we need to visit Dr. Ng for check up and scanning?
Does she has any package rates? I m going tomorrow, my hubby booked for me. But they said first come first serve though..
how long roughly the waiting time was like?TQ

Helloo ladies! Was feeling so sick the past week so didnt check in here. I thought I made a lucky escape this time when nausea didnt come (for no.1 it came at 4 weeks exactly). End up nausea, dizzy spells, indigestion, no appetite and the full works said hello overnight at 5.5 weeks. Sigh. Feeling soooo sick. Though its a secondtime I'm going through this, I am still feeling so overwhelmed with coping with the sick-down-in-the-dumps feeling. How do you gals deal with it?

Damahome: great that u've found assurance with Dr Esther! Haha I must say her stitching is good because erm...I am super reactive when anyone touch me down there so I jerked with every move she made. But still, she managed to get nurses to hold me down and stitch me up! My hubby commented that he's unsure if any other gynae can ever do that lol.

Boobabyboo, thanks so much for the assurance. That's comforting to know.

My morning sickness is bad too. The no appetite leads to empty stomach, which cause me to have bloating. So I always have to force myself to eat abit. Feel so weak and sick too!!

Btw Damahome, may I know the charges for Dr. Esther Ng? Does she has package?
I' m around wk 6 now.
Besides, are you going to deliver at Mt. A too? Do you know their delivery charges?

I'm not quite sure about package for now yet. Probably found out more from her the next visit. Yes, I intend to deliver in Mt. A.

Haha I feel the same as you ladies. Today I went to buy lunch at the foodcourt: bought plain porridge and one salted egg ONLY. Got wierd state like something is totally wrong with me. ALways praying for a miracle that MS will resolve fasssst.

Hi Dama,

Do you know total how many sessions we need to visit Dr. Ng for check up and scanning?
Does she has any package rates? I m going tomorrow, my hubby booked for me. But they said first come first serve though..
how long roughly the waiting time was like?TQ

I went to her Mt A clinic on a weekday. So waiting time wasn't too bad. Heard that the waiting time is long on saturday at her Katong clinic.

Haha I feel the same as you ladies. Today I went to buy lunch at the foodcourt: bought plain porridge and one salted egg ONLY. Got wierd state like something is totally wrong with me. ALways praying for a miracle that MS will resolve fasssst.

Me too... eating is such a chore now. But cannot don't eat. If not I get bloating and feel even more horrible. ..

Finally gone for my first checkup this morning. Bb is fine n hrd the heartbeat.........that's really a relief! My son n papa stood besides me were looking excited too.
My nxt appointment will be in Feb n i am contemplating what down syndrome test to go for. Oscar or the panorama test. Both at different cost $500 and $1400 respectively.

wats paranoma test? i heard of harmony test. still thinking shld i tk oscar only or i shld skip straight to harmony test?

if we have MS or feel nausea can we eat dry raisin or sour plum ?
Ya same i feel scare to eat...:(

Yes.. Eating is a chore for me... Ms recently getting stronger... Ms starting few days already... I eat sour stuff to control the vomiting.. I scared to vomit some more... Always control.....

Hello everyone. So excited to be joining you here!

Old aunty -virtual high five and hugs! I am so happy for you! looks like we are destined to be together :) ;)

Question for you all - I am 6 weeks +. For those of you at this stage, do you experience slight brown spotting. I don't have cramps. Sometimes I see my discharge streaked with a little brownish colour. That's all. My gynae doesn't seem to be very worried. But I am a worrier. Do you ladies have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance! And happy weekend...

Old aunty -virtual high five and hugs! I am so happy for you! looks like we are destined to be together :) ;)

Question for you all - I am 6 weeks +. For those of you at this stage, do you experience slight brown spotting. I don't have cramps. Sometimes I see my discharge streaked with a little brownish colour. That's all. My gynae doesn't seem to be very worried. But I am a worrier. Do you ladies have any experience with this?

if your gynae said ok then should be ok ba...just continue to monitr see if the spotting get worse and rest more ?. my discharge is qte yellowish and im bit worried too. i have always been having lots of discharged since young .whc gynae r u with?Dr Yu?

Hi Rachel,

I am also using what to expect aps, it said that i 'm 6 wk now. Tmr i 'm gg for my first scan with Dr. Esther ng.
Hope can hear heartbeat.
Based on the App it said that my EDD is also 10 Sept. Not sure how accurate it is. If yes we have the same EDD ;p

Which gynae you are visiting? You are visiting on 6wk too? I was wondering would it be too early for the 1st visit actually..
Some said no need to go so early as cant see /hear anything..
on wasting $;p

Good luck to you:)
good luck for your first scan!

My gynae says I can try drinking coke for bloating, so that I will burp the gas out haha. So funny. not sure if it helps that but it seems to curb my nausea for a while..hehe doesn't sound very healthy I know..

My gynae says I can try drinking coke for bloating, so that I will burp the gas out haha. So funny. not sure if it helps that but it seems to curb my nausea for a while..hehe doesn't sound very healthy I know..
huh can ah? coke was my fav drink but i stopped drinking coke half a yr ago when i decided to do ivf. mayb drinking perrier will be healthier? also a gassy drink but not loaded wif so much sugr and artificial stuff hee...

Y cannot drink coke? I drank a lot. Haa. Thats y I gain a lot for both preg..imagine 30kgs per preg. Some more my both kids out at week 37.

Y cannot drink coke? I drank a lot. Haa. Thats y I gain a lot for both preg..imagine 30kgs per preg. Some more my both kids out at week 37.
ya my friend also drank coke during her pregnancy lor. but for me, i will continue to control, im a high risk first timer , bettr watch what i eat and drink

so actually can drink? my friend says cannot drink soft drinks n eat or drink anything that is cold in t1.. so my hubby also dun allow :(
even cold watermelon also cannot:eek:

Same same, coke and lemon is my fav beverage for my pregnancies. I know is sinful but i cant help it. :confused:
When ms attack, I really doesn't care :oops:

wats paranoma test? i heard of harmony test. still thinking shld i tk oscar only or i shld skip straight to harmony test?
Hello Elyn82
Panorama test is a new test in the market now for down syndrome. It can start as early as 9 weeks and could tell the gender after the test. The accuracy is 99.9%. Oscar test is 99.5% accuracy. At the moment i selected Oscar test.......since i get to know the gender sooner or later at 16 weeks.

It's ok to drink coke especially during the first trimester. It's normal to crave for gassy drinks but suggest moderately. Its sugar content is vvvvv high n it's carbonated drink. Why not switch to some juices......i checked with gyane she advise to take some cold drink if ms attack.

Last edited:
hi mummies to be,

may I know anyone encountered abdominal sharp pain on and off and gastric pain on and off many times throughout e day n night during early pregnancy? how about when peeing, there is mild pain on e Fallopian tubes area or nearby?

thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

I am also in my 6 weeks now and just yday experienced brown streaks in my discharge, got a bit worried..

I am also in my 6 weeks now and just yday experienced brown streaks in my discharge, got a bit worried..

Poor

poor shaoos.. Oh wow who knows ..maybe you are having twins..;)

Hi fourleafclover, i jus did my ultrasound today! Is twins!!! And is fraternal twins! !

Anyway, those who are interested with female gynae i recommend dr wendy teo. She is very friendly, listen to u and give advises (not those chop chop gynae) :) i am very comfy with her even though is jus 1st appt!

Last edited:
Hi fourleafclover, i jus did my ultrasound today! Is twins!!! And is fraternal twins! !

Anyway, those who are interested with female gynae i recommend dr wendy teo. She is very friendly, listen to u and give advises :) i am very comfy with her even though is jus 1st appt!

so nice to have twins!

Btw mummies can we eat chocolate?
I know we cant drink coffee and tea during 1st trimester,how about chocolate?

Anyway, those who are interested with female gynae i recommend dr wendy teo. She is very friendly, listen to u and give advises (not those chop chop gynae) :) i am very comfy with her even though is jus 1st appt!
Congrats darling.
So happy for you!

Wow yeah that is really cool:):)
There is no reason why u shouldn't be touched heee:)

We are quite close i m 6week and 3 day today.

Lets jia you together^^

Hi all sep mums,:)
Tis is my 2nd x preggie n edd 21 sep.my 1st kid was delivered in tmc n i was wif dr adrian.my boy is 8yo n tis pregnancy caught me off hand..tis tues i m seeing dr watt at raffles..i wil find out mor abt the entire charges eg harmony test n c sect delivery charges..if is too steep wil go bac tmc.
i m a SAHM.although is oni 5wks but i hv backaches n get lethargic easily.my bust sore n thurs i went "spring maternity"to get some maternity wear n bra.
i had thrown or gav away all my bb stuff.nw got to start buyin again..but i wil wait til i done my harmony test..kinda of wory...
Hope to interact wif u gals via tis forum.

Omg how awesome!!!! Congratulations!! Double bundle of joy!!:))))

huh can ah? coke was my fav drink but i stopped drinking coke half a yr ago when i decided to do ivf. mayb drinking perrier will be healthier? also a gassy drink but not loaded wif so much sugr and artificial stuff hee...

My gynae say first trim can drink coke..stop in second when no more bloating/nausea hehe

Back