(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Thats great! Have you seen her yet? :)

yeah, i seen her last wk. gg to see her again in feb. which clinic u visit? i went to parkway east. she is not those who will chat alot. so u have to prepare ur own questions. but will explain n answer ur doubts.. i choose her becos my sis see her too. i have 4 frens who seeing her gv positive feedback abt her too

BTW how long u all take preg test? Mine still negative. I ovulated on 2nd Jan. My sis told me to test 21 days ltr which is next week. I'm having mild ms lo. Feel like puking

long time no login..a lot of replies.. quite a no of sept mummies here... yesterday just request for appt in kkh.... now in week 5.....

But sometimes no logic also. Ppl say cannot take gassy cold drinks if nt bb alot phlegm or will affect bb lungs. I took throughout for both preg. Haa. I gave both gers cold drink all the time too. Haaa

good morning ladies.I am new in this thread.
introduction and brief history of me- im 42 this year( very old i knw..) married late and now 5 weeks pregnant via 2nd IVF (pipok pipok pipok). I am very worried, my hubby is saying that i am frowning all the time .too stressful to be pregnant at this age. trying to be positive and start doing homework on hospitals and gynae to distract myself a little.
due to my age, i have to select a gynae carefully preferably someone gd in dealing with high risk pregnancies. need advice here from u ladies. thinking of looking for Dr Ann Tan but she only delivers in MT E
so Can i ask those who r delivering in MT E what makes u choose the hospital and how much more expensive as compared to the rest? any ladies know about this?is it true that 2 night stay in MT E is 7k and above?
I am also thinking of Dr wk Tan TMC who is very experienced but worried about the q and erm, is she a little too old? hahaha...she is at least 70 right?
Wishing all of us a smooth smooth soon soon pregnancy!

Hi u are not old :) stay happy OK then bb will be happy. Watch more Jacky wu show. Haa. Actually u all shd choose gynae first then hospital. I tink mt e shd be v ex. Mine tmc aldy 6k plus cash.. Heard Ben tham from tmc nt bad. But im choosing back adrain tan from tmc too. 70 yrs old gynae shd be v experience but a bit old le. Eye sight OK or not ??

thank u sweet joyce . if MT E is not too much more expensive than other hospitals then i dun qte mind.oh , i see...choose gynae then choose hospital. but others were saying MT alvernia nurses are nice, TMC food is good ha... and i prefer lady doctor. even my IVF dr is also a lady dr. see, old aunty is like that one.more troublesome hee..that Dr Tan is very experienced lor. they said she is Zoe Tay's gynae.

introduction and brief history of me- im 42 this year( very old i knw..) married late and now 5 weeks pregnant via 2nd IVF (pipok pipok pipok). I am very worried, my hubby is saying that i am frowning all the time .too stressful to be pregnant at this age. trying to be positive and start doing homework on hospitals and gynae to distract myself a little.
due to my age, i have to select a gynae carefully preferably someone gd in dealing with high risk pregnancies. need advice here from u ladies. thinking of looking for Dr Ann Tan but she only delivers in MT E
so Can i ask those who r delivering in MT E what makes u choose the hospital and how much more expensive as compared to the rest? any ladies know about this?is it true that 2 night stay in MT E is 7k and above?
I am also thinking of Dr wk Tan TMC who is very experienced but worried about the q and erm, is she a little too old? hahaha...she is at least 70 right?

lols.. u are definitely not old......always stay happy den bb will be happy too....

Hello mommy , dont worry about age. 42 is not considered old. Things change ☺
Pregnancy is not about age anymore coz even the youngs are arlt risk too. Be happy n cheer up......ur blood will change gradually according to ur mood which will affect the bb.
My first child is born in MT E. My gynae is Dr Kek Li Phing. Her fees isnt expensive but hospital charges is ex i must agree with that. But my main concern is gynae and since she is good n i trusted her, i will stick to her. Similarly to my current pregnancy, was contemplating too but we decided to go back to her coz she is really good.
Think you have to set about 10K aside for the whole fees excluding the normal checkup. You think bout it first since it's still early but i personally thinks that if gynae is good....stick to the gyane u like before u regret it. Coz i have seen a few cases.....ended up gynae coax them to go on C-sect when bb can be natural birth. N becoz the paitients r first time mommy, they obliged.

Hello mommy , dont worry about age. 42 is not considered old. Things change ☺
Pregnancy is not about age anymore coz even the youngs are arlt risk too. Be happy n cheer up......ur blood will change gradually according to ur mood which will affect the bb.
My first child is born in MT E. My gynae is Dr Kek Li Phing. Her fees isnt expensive but hospital charges is ex i must agree with that. But my main concern is gynae and since she is good n i trusted her, i will stick to her. Similarly to my current pregnancy, was contemplating too but we decided to go back to her coz she is really good.
Think you have to set about 10K aside for the whole fees excluding the normal checkup. You think bout it first since it's still early but i personally thinks that if gynae is good....stick to the gyane u like before u regret it. Coz i have seen a few cases.....ended up gynae coax them to go on C-sect when bb can be natural birth. N becoz the paitients r first time mommy, they obliged.
thank u reillyn for your prompt reply. 10 k is hospital and delivery charge? single room ?so it is about 4 5 k more expensive as compared to other hospitals? thank u

i have made an appointment with Dr Ann Tan at Paragon . qte ex ley . first appointment consultation $220 subsequent consultations $150. but their hcg test is few dollars cheaper than SGH wor..so maybe her charges for other tests r affordable . she only delivers in mt E . Maybe i shd also make an appointment wif DR Tan at TMC to check on her eye sight and see if her hands are shaky hee..am i too kiasu?

I made an appt with Dr Esther Ng from Mt. A. 1st time seeing her. Saw from forum quite alot of reviews saying she is good.

Hello Mummies,

I'm currently looking for good and caring gynae , any recommendation?

I would also like to deliver at Mt. A:)

In my mind, i have shortlisted few : Dr Ho, Dr Esther Ng

Do you know which is better in term of stitching skill and caring?

Thank you.

Actually ex or not ec depends on how many bedder ward. One bedder sure ex. One nite more than 1k extra for tmc. My both preg all one bedder. That's y more ex.
BTW Dr tan is it adrain tan?

Hello Mummies,

I'm currently looking for good and caring gynae , any recommendation?

I would also like to deliver at Mt. A:)

In my mind, i have shortlisted few : Dr Ho, Dr Esther Ng

Do you know which is better in term of stitching skill and caring?

Thank you.
seems like alot of mommies reommend DR Esther Ng. mount Alvernia should be a nice place for delivery, gves u a more peaceful feel.i must hear more views from u gals .any ladies here kiasu made different appointment s with different drs before deciding which dr u feel more comfortable with?

Mine will be dr chua yang, delivering at mt A and somewhere else i cant rem. i stick to her cos shes gd while i had my #1, pro n goood

H
Hi junk_foodie, I just went to see Dr Ng today. Waiting time wasn't too long. Probably becoz it's a weekday. I find Dr Ng very motherly and very encouraging.

1st time charge was $250 coz she gave me all the multi-vits that I need. She did mention that subsequent visit should be cheaper around $95+.

Hello , is she willing to answer all of your question patiently? And was the Q long?
I'm wondering how's her stitching skill though.. any clue?

Btw how many month are you? Congrats:)

Wow... many days nvr login.. so many posts & new mummy liao...

I didnt research much about hospitals, Drs & charges cuz previously I was working at NUH so delivered at NUH.
Now 3rd one although not working there liao still went back to the same gynea that delivered my 2 children.

I went to Mt A, Mt E & TMC before to visit friends... seems like Mt A got a nicer, peaceful environment. Mt E also not bad but too expensive & TMC too hectic cuz of the limited parking spaces... LOLX...

H

Hello , is she willing to answer all of your question patiently? And was the Q long?
I'm wondering how's her stitching skill though.. any clue?

Btw how many month are you? Congrats:)

Hi hi, I am 6 weeks 2-4 days now. Can hear heartbeat already but I was too emotional (tummy kept moving) that doc couldn't really track the heartbeat rate. I find Dr Ng very motherly. As I'm a 1st time mama too, she was very patient with us and educate us what to look out for. She even told us not to waste money unnecessarily by rushing to A&E for little things. So she did pre-amp us some symptoms that I might be experiencing but they are normal.

Not quite sure about her stitching skills leh. But I think should be ok bah.

Looks like mt a & mt e are quite popular choices.. But hospital charges expensive.. :(
Any reviews on dr Judy Wong or dr Lawrence ang?

My teacher recommended dr Judy Wong.. Got like 13 years of experience & was the head of gynae at kkh. So should be quite experience.. She should be about 50-60 years old.. Delivers at TMC.

thank u ladies for all your info.thank goodness i need not make this difficult decision just as yet. stil have time to listen to more advice and do research. now i am on duphaston 3xs a day to support the pregnancy, each day will have some discharge which i hear is qte normal. on top of that, occasional feverish feel and weird bodyaches. very hard to describe the ache i am having. it is like body ache when u r dwn wif fever but not that painful jus very 'itchy'as in the bones feel itchy. i have to massage myself hard or keep knocking my bones to get some relief . will only get to see my ivf dr next week for scanning. told the ivf nurse she jus asked me to rest more. went for full blood count and urine test all ok. i also have occasional slight cramps like some of the ladies here and tummy ache feel almost every alternate days . no obvious ms yet. oh ya, face oil oil hair oil oil hahah

Hi junk_foodie, I just went to see Dr Ng today. Waiting time wasn't too long. Probably becoz it's a weekday. I find Dr Ng very motherly and very encouraging.

1st time charge was $250 coz she gave me all the multi-vits that I need. She did mention that subsequent visit should be cheaper around $95+.

I see. Thanks for sharing! I did my research and settled on Dr Kang Wee and delivering at Mt A.. Appt next sat when I am in my week 6, 3 days. Hopefully can hear heartbeat. I am currently 5weeks 1 day. Experienced on off cramps too and feeling gassy. Hope everyone is well! =)

hi damahome, what r the vitamins that Dr ng gave u? Drs who are motherly r good, very reassuring

thank u reillyn for your prompt reply. 10 k is hospital and delivery charge? single room ?so it is about 4 5 k more expensive as compared to other hospitals? thank u

I spent around 7K both hospital n delivery charges. I stay in a 2 beded room. This is based on natural birth. If C-sect......I cant imagine.

hi reillyn, can u pls share wif us the cost of delivering in MT E and how is the place like ?TIA

Hello dear, delivery at MT E is like.....waaaaa.....atas hospital. For me i have no choice, my gynae clinic is there she she helps deliver only at MT E. The labour ward is big. During my stay, I attended a few courses on how to handling our new born n sessions like breastfeeding n how to make our bb latch. I think most of the hospital should have. The nurses are friendly, attentive and v helpful too.

Hospital is not important as long as they provide the full facility for delivering a baby. Haaaaaa.........

I think what's important is choose a gynae that you most comfortable with. My gynae fully encourage natural birth (my first bb was 3.7kg) unlike some gynae they encourage their paitients to go for C-sect at the end of their last trimester by giving all sort of reason to frighten the first time parents for extra money when they can go for natural birth.

My gynae doesnt prescribe alot of supplement for me as she encourages me to take food with natural sources of nutrients. As such through out the whole pregnancy (for my first bb) i was prescribe with calcium supplement. She prescribe based on what is required for mommy.

So personally thinks that, first gyane 2nd confinement lady n hospital last. Coz it depends where ur gynae helps deliever the bb.

I spent around 7K both hospital n delivery charges. I stay in a 2 beded room. This is based on natural birth. If C-sect......I cant imagine.

Tat's really ex ... I paid only ard $500 cash after deduction of mediasave at tmc, 4 bedded but then tat was in 2006.

2nd time mummy here... But have yet to go for first check up... Had my first with Dr K.H Chan... Very good gynae, experienced but a little pricey... Don't think I'll go back to him this time round as he is super duper concerned about weight gain issues and that demoralises me alot... Haha...

Thinking of Mount E Novena this time... Any recommendations?

Helloo ladies! Was feeling so sick the past week so didnt check in here. I thought I made a lucky escape this time when nausea didnt come (for no.1 it came at 4 weeks exactly). End up nausea, dizzy spells, indigestion, no appetite and the full works said hello overnight at 5.5 weeks. Sigh. Feeling soooo sick. Though its a secondtime I'm going through this, I am still feeling so overwhelmed with coping with the sick-down-in-the-dumps feeling. How do you gals deal with it?

Damahome: great that u've found assurance with Dr Esther! Haha I must say her stitching is good because erm...I am super reactive when anyone touch me down there so I jerked with every move she made. But still, she managed to get nurses to hold me down and stitch me up! My hubby commented that he's unsure if any other gynae can ever do that lol.

2nd time mummy here... But have yet to go for first check up... Had my first with Dr K.H Chan... Very good gynae, experienced but a little pricey... Don't think I'll go back to him this time round as he is super duper concerned about weight gain issues and that demoralises me alot... Haha...

Thinking of Mount E Novena this time... Any recommendations?
i went mt e novena to visit a friend recently. it was like ghost town..i was initially qte impressed by the lobby area tt looks like hotel reception, place is nice clean and new but gve a very cold feel.i was shocked that there was no one at the entrance reception area at the level where my friend stayed , and i couldnt enter until i called my fren's hubby to come get me. well, that may have improved now though. feedback from my friend: nurses inexperiencd, payment messy .

Back