(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My EDD is in March, expecting a baby boy ^^

I'm considering if I should bank my baby's cord blood and I scared to ask the different companies (Cordlife/Stemcord) because I don't know if they will hardsell it to me. Anyone with Cordlife or Stemcord? Which is better in terms of overall? I don't mind paying more for quality and better service since this is for my baby.

The company will collect the cord blood? Or my doc will do it? You need to pay full immediately when you sign the contract?
Thanks!

27 weeks alrdy. And everything starts to be very heavy liao. Sometimes I told my husband if I can take out my breasts and put aside first or not. Hehhehhe
hahaha..... I am still week 24++ but now feel tummy like a baloon already. I also asked hubby if he can help me to carry the baby, move my tummy to his tummy. lols......

hahaha..... same... me too, feel that baby kicks harder at night. Or mebbe I am too busy during the day, so might not that aware .... :)
I realise this pattern too.. also feel the punches and kicks more at night...especially when I lie on bed. As if telling me that she don't want to sleep yet.:rolleyes:

maybe the way we lie down (especially when lying on our backs) limits their "swimming" space inside hence protesting away. hahaha!

I think cheaper. as onebabyworld charges in ringgit and ships for free to Malaysian address above purchase of RM200. I also bought diaper caddy, plus all those things I mentioned previously. oh, and also the Autumnz brand nursing tanks and nursing sleepwear.
Oh it only ships free to Malaysian address? That's too bad. Then not worth it to ship to SG? My mum also recommend cloth diapering. Save money and good for baby's skin...as it no nappy rash etc. Haha. Girl girl must pretty pretty even buttocks. Hee:D

I just came back from detailed scan. Long day for me n hubby! Cos it started from 12+ till 2+! Bb moved too much that e sonographer couldn't capture what they wanted! So gotta go for short walks twice inbetween! Lol! In e end finally got it done n went to my gynae for reports. Everythings good except low placenta which means only c sect for me which i didn't mind cos i had already planned for it hehe.. next mth then go back for blood test to test diabetic level cos of my age(35+) :)

Glad that all's good! Well done my bb boy!

Oh it only ships free to Malaysian address? That's too bad. Then not worth it to ship to SG? My mum also recommend cloth diapering. Save money and good for baby's skin...as it no nappy rash etc. Haha. Girl girl must pretty pretty even buttocks. Hee:D

Yah.. only ships to Malaysia address for free. very expensive if ship to SG. unless you have friends or relatives who are willing to receive and subsequently bring over for you?

I just came back from detailed scan. Long day for me n hubby! Cos it started from 12+ till 2+! Bb moved too much that e sonographer couldn't capture what they wanted! So gotta go for short walks twice inbetween! Lol! In e end finally got it done n went to my gynae for reports. Everythings good except low placenta which means only c sect for me which i didn't mind cos i had already planned for it hehe.. next mth then go back for blood test to test diabetic level cos of my age(35+) :)

Congrats, babe! it's always good news to know that everything is fine and normal. :D

Wow. What an active boy!! Active means healthy I heard. I also have low placenta. However Dr said there's chances of placenta moving up. Why would u plan for c sect? I am really scare of pain. And c sect take longer to heal so I think suffer first then relax is better for me....my personal preference la. Heehee

I'm considering if I should bank my baby's cord blood and I scared to ask the different companies (Cordlife/Stemcord) because I don't know if they will hardsell it to me. Anyone with Cordlife or Stemcord? Which is better in terms of overall? I don't mind paying more for quality and better service since this is for my baby.

The company will collect the cord blood? Or my doc will do it? You need to pay full immediately when you sign the contract?
Thanks!
MrsBellaLim, wahh... you are near to delivery liao .... less than 2 months to go. congratss.....

I went to both Cordlife and Stemcord seminar. I think both are about the same, but I did not asked the price in details. But what I know even if you want to bank the blood cord, it is still depends on the condition when you deliver the baby and your gynae will have a word whether your cord blood is suitable for banking upon your delivery. If your blood cord is not suitable for banking then the money you have paid will be refunded to you.

If you have time, it is good if you can attend the seminar hold by Cordlife and they will give you more information. Cordlife have an event on 17 Jan next saturday, if you would like to register at below link. I have talked for consultation with them and do not feel any hardselling from their side. No harm to ask
https://www.cordlife.com/sg/pme2015

I realise this pattern too.. also feel the punches and kicks more at night...especially when I lie on bed. As if telling me that she don't want to sleep yet.:rolleyes:

As for me, baby will move along with me when I am doing work, or even just walking. Ohhh, baby loves bus/mrt rides too. Keep on moving and moving.
And so far, lucky me that baby will sleep together at night with me like as if the baby knows that it is time to sleep and rest at night.

I hope after birth baby will be also like that. Hehe

last time cynn04 told me the baby might be an owl night type, so baby give you some preparation first. hahaha...... but sometime I can still have a good sleep, sometime baby like disturb me in the middle of the nite ..... dunno lor

it's good if baby keeps on moving. if I remember correctly, we are supposed to keep track of baby movements from 3rd trimester onwards. I was told to expect a minimum of 10 movements from baby every 2 hours. if lesser than that or if don't feel anything at all, may have to go to A&E.

it's good if baby keeps on moving. if I remember correctly, we are supposed to keep track of baby movements from 3rd trimester onwards. I was told to expect a minimum of 10 movements from baby every 2 hours. if lesser than that or if don't feel anything at all, may have to go to A&E.
starrymommy, how to count as one movement? Sometime I can feel baby even move 2 times at the same time. Dunno what is he doing, like using both legs and even sometimes arms dunno ..... so feel those at once. Does it consider as one movement or 2? lols......

As for me, baby will move along with me when I am doing work, or even just walking. Ohhh, baby loves bus/mrt rides too. Keep on moving and moving.
And so far, lucky me that baby will sleep together at night with me like as if the baby knows that it is time to sleep and rest at night.

That's good for you. ;) A very understanding baby.
I tried many methods. Sweet talk to baby. V weird I know. Anyway baby ignore me. I think baby prefer daddy. Tried playing classical music...helps a bit after playing music for a few hours. I even try reading. But I love reading so practically no use at all.

last time cynn04 told me the baby might be an owl night type, so baby give you some preparation first. hahaha...... but sometime I can still have a good sleep, sometime baby like disturb me in the middle of the nite ..... dunno lor

I heard of that too. That will be v destructive to our sleep. I think maybe baby knows both of her parents are night owls, she also follow suit. :p I can only pray baby likes to sleep when she pops.

wah!! you testing me. haha!! honestly, I forgot liao le.. must ask gynae when I see him again next month! I think it is considered as 1. supposed to have 10x mah.. so take it as must have 10x within the 2 hours.

I heard of that too. That will be v destructive to our sleep. I think maybe baby knows both of her parents are night owls, she also follow suit. :p I can only pray baby likes to sleep when she pops.

too sleepy also no good ah! very hard to wake him/her up for feeds. like my #1. I had a really hard time rousing her from beauty sleep. my breasts were bursting with milk and she would continue to zzz... that was another headache, 'cos you'd worry that baby ends up dehydrated and lose weight.

Wow. What an active boy!! Active means healthy I heard. I also have low placenta. However Dr said there's chances of placenta moving up. Why would u plan for c sect? I am really scare of pain. And c sect take longer to heal so I think suffer first then relax is better for me....my personal preference la. Heehee
Hehe cos i dun like e feeling of waiting.. i like to plan everything n get myself prepared. Anyway got so much time to rest after delivery so not much diff whether natural or c sect.. :)

wah!! you testing me. haha!! honestly, I forgot liao le.. must ask gynae when I see him again next month! I think it is considered as 1. supposed to have 10x mah.. so take it as must have 10x within the 2 hours.
hahaha...... i think mine do not really have many movement during the day. If need to have 10 movement within 2 hours, confirmed mine do not have lor..... but I realised, baby movement start from 9 pm till 10 pm. Then stop. Then later during midnight start again, depends whether baby can awaken me or not lor.... hahaha.

Ya i heard from my frens too.. they say sometimes forgot or very lazy to keep track lol

too sleepy also no good ah! very hard to wake him/her up for feeds. like my #1. I had a really hard time rousing her from beauty sleep. my breasts were bursting with milk and she would continue to zzz... that was another headache, 'cos you'd worry that baby ends up dehydrated and lose weight.
haiyooohh...... become baby oso hard hor. too much moving oso not nice, not moving oso makes mummy worried. hahaha......

So difficult. Sigh. Too much can't too little can't. Headache. Guess either way we will lose sleep. Haha

Hehe cos i dun like e feeling of waiting.. i like to plan everything n get myself prepared. Anyway got so much time to rest after delivery so not much diff whether natural or c sect.. :)

Have you picked a date already? my gynae was telling me if baby turns out to be breeched or too big, it's gonna be straight away a csect for me at 38 weeks. which is mid-late April. I'm still hoping for natural birth on 1 May 2015. don't know whether can or not..

Have you picked a date already? my gynae was telling me if baby turns out to be breeched or too big, it's gonna be straight away a csect for me at 38 weeks. which is mid-late April. I'm still hoping for natural birth on 1 May 2015. don't know whether can or not..
Now your bb size n weight is on e bigger side? So fast he told u already ah.. i have not pick date yet cos he also didn't say anything about it hehe

I was just questioning him on this when I saw him yesterday. 'cos baby boys tend to be bigger sized than baby girls. at 23 weeks, he's at 513 grams. not sure if that's on the larger side or not though. anyway he's just pre-empting me, in case really need csect. told me to just keep an open mind, for his priority is to get baby safely when the time comes.

Anyone here has successful VBAC story to share? I had csect for #1, then VBAC for #2 who came out 10 months after my csect. To gynae, not counted as she was very small (1.2kg) and there wasn't that much a risk of wound rupture as much as a full-term baby weighing 3x as much as she did.

Thanks!

4 yrs back from what i know is pay for the deposit/registration fee, the doc will collect and put in a box, den the company rep will collect it straight. Payment can choose full amount or by installment, aso payable using baby bouns account. Now i duno how its the same... I went to kaypo see the cordlife counter recently at TMC, dont seem to hardsell thou... :) mayb can call up instead....

Anyone here has successful VBAC story to share? I had csect for #1, then VBAC for #2 who came out 10 months after my csect. To gynae, not counted as she was very small (1.2kg) and there wasn't that much a risk of wound rupture as much as a full-term baby weighing 3x as much as she did.
My buddy has hers similar like urs, but both her girls is 2.8x kg... Her #2 came out 30mins when she was pushed in delivery room so no chance for c-sec aso.... Her gynae was John Tee from kkh, i heard he was quite confident to deliver her #2 naturally.. But she was glad she managed to go thru n experience thru vaginal birth...

Starrymommy, ur #1 gap quite far from boyboy, so got chance to go thru VBAC again if low risk of rupture..cos by now the c sec shld have fully healed i suppose

My asos.com maternity order finally arrived. Ordered 2pcs came with 1pc wrong item! The label is correct but the dress is completely wrong design, wrong size, not even maternity range. Oh dear.... the other one is okay though.

the kicks are really amazing! sometimes I wonder how a tiny little baby can be so strong, making waves across my tummy and also kicking my bladder so hard that I wanted to run to the loo straight away. :p

M in 23 weeks already. Very happy 3rd trimester coming!
Can eat some ice cream and coconut.
The baby always kick at night active during evening onwards. May have sleepless night after baby is out.

I was just questioning him on this when I saw him yesterday. 'cos baby boys tend to be bigger sized than baby girls. at 23 weeks, he's at 513 grams. not sure if that's on the larger side or not though. anyway he's just pre-empting me, in case really need csect. told me to just keep an open mind, for his priority is to get baby safely when the time comes.

I think ya boys tends to be bigger than girls. My #1boy was 3.56kg when delivered.
At 21 weeks my gyane say #2 girl was 800grams. Hubby say huh so small. Lol....

I tot if baby turn upside down will be able to have normal delivery?

I think ya boys tends to be bigger than girls. My #1boy was 3.56kg when delivered.

Wah.... your baby at 21 weeks alrdy 800grms!
Am just done with appt and at 27 weeks my baby is only 899grms. Doctor never say about being under weight or what so ever. Just that I need to eat iron pills regularly.

My buddy has hers similar like urs, but both her girls is 2.8x kg... Her #2 came out 30mins when she was pushed in delivery room so no chance for c-sec aso.... Her gynae was John Tee from kkh, i heard he was quite confident to deliver her #2 naturally.. But she was glad she managed to go thru n experience thru vaginal birth...

Starrymommy, ur #1 gap quite far from boyboy, so got chance to go thru VBAC again if low risk of rupture..cos by now the c sec shld have fully healed i suppose

Thanks for letting me know! The way my gynae said just made me feel worried lor. He said there is always a 1% risk. Having been through both csect and natural, I much prefer natural.. recovery is much much faster. And not as much lochia also.

My asos.com maternity order finally arrived. Ordered 2pcs came with 1pc wrong item! The label is correct but the dress is completely wrong design, wrong size, not even maternity range. Oh dear.... the other one is okay though.

What size was given to you? Can return. I did for a dress which was like $100 and they sent me wrong size. Totally too big for me! No choice but to mail back and ask for refund. If it isn't an expensive dress, try selling online or pass to friend?

21 weeks and 800 grams?! That's a huge baby!

M in 23 weeks already. Very happy 3rd trimester coming!
Can eat some ice cream and coconut.
The baby always kick at night active during evening onwards. May have sleepless night after baby is out.
Can't eat ice cream meh? I have been eating...:eek:
I feel u. Seriously i don't feel that 2nd trimester is anyway easier than 1st trimester. My baby also active at night.. likes to kick at night so much that I practically suffering from insomnia. Can only sleep in the morning. :(

I totally didn't ask about the weight of baby. My doctor show me the growth chart and said is that baby is within the average weight range. Then I blur blur just nodded and didn't ask further about the exact figure. Didn't think too much about that at all. Really a lot of things to take note for a first time mum and learn from u all experienced mums or maybe I'm just not observant enough. Sigh. :(

@starrymommy , its not maternity range. Completely different item, not even a dress but more like jumpsuit style. I showed my colleague if any of them want it, all said no. Hahaha. But u r right let me try to sell online. Its GBP20. Not as costly as urs..

Haha dun wan nite owl baby la… tell baby must let mommy hv good nite's rest!

Back