(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

i feel u! i m like u that day when the gynae scan for me. i was like, is he ok? is the heart ok? brain ok? hands ok? legs ok? is he confirm boy? lolx

Haha! Exactly!! We even asked the sonographer to count off all the fingers and toes, make sure all there, no more and no less!:)

Last edited:

I just done my scan too and it's baby girl!! Everything look alright but when I ask she only tell me that my gynae will explain to me when i see him. Supposed to meet my gynae after the scan but appointment changed to 28 Jan because he's having holiday now.

So everyone thot of baby names yet?? I find it more difficult to choose boy names! Chinese one i roughly know cos gotta hv a character same with jiejie, but english name no idea. Randomly flipping thru websites for inspiration.
lol. for us, we got the names before we know the gender. So quite easy for us. chinese name just translate from english muahaha...

Was asked to go Thomson Diagnostic Ultrasound Centre for the FA scan at week 20, I checked their website and found the following two related scan, any difference?

A3 FA Scan – Obstetric Ultrasound (18 – 22 Weeks)
A4 FA Scan – Obstetric Ultrasound with Uterine Doppler (18 – 22 Weeks)

Also that website said "Optional 3D and 4D in conjunction with any of the above (A3 – A7) examinations", we want to try, but saw from somewhere, 3D is done at week 26, so can 3D be done together with the FA scan at week 20?

Thanks

Last edited:
So everyone thot of baby names yet?? I find it more difficult to choose boy names! Chinese one i roughly know cos gotta hv a character same with jiejie, but english name no idea. Randomly flipping thru websites for inspiration.

yes, thought of already. it's the same name hubby wanted ever since we conceived our firstborn. finally can use it now that it is a boy. Chinese name then not yet. a bit more complicated.

@starrymommy , I think heart takes longer time to check. I hope mine is okay too.. 5 more days to go! :))

I hvnt thot of a name yet.. though my colleagues keep asking me and even proposing a few names. But we dunno gender yet! Haha..

Cynn04, lucky u brought her to pd.. My girl started on ventoline when he was less den a yr old. Her cough gotten so bad tht it escalated to wheezing n breathlessness. Just 5mths back she also had the virual kind of cough that spread to the whole family, almost admitted her to kkh..but luckily she reacted well with the puffs. Nowadays i feel that kids more prone to getting sick :( last time where have those HFMD de..sigh

Thanks for info! Were they under subsidised rates? I am subsidized patient bcoz of my previous case. Kinda dread I cant choose room or got non-aircon room. :( not yet asked about all these..

Yup, both also have subsidized... But i think the nurse had more discount lah, cos i heard alot of her fees are paid for (staff benefit i suppose).
I think dun need worry bout the rooms for now, most impt is u and baby is in good hands n ur gynae knows ur condition well. 4+ to 5 months more........ Maybe by then u got chance can secure ac room.. :)

I have done my detailed scan at NUH this morning, and gender of baby maintain as BOY. :) hubby is very very happy. I'm glad to see him happy and also knowing that everything looks good so far. brain, heart, organs etc are all normal. and this baby is a very active one. kept squirming and kicking away during the scan, making waves across the tummy! the sonographer we were assigned to was the same one who did my Oscar. very nice lady! but too bad, she didn't show us the 3D as baby's hand was covering his face. saw baby giving us the "thumbs up" too. hee!!! :D

View attachment 460691
Congrats starrymommy! The joy and happiness seeing them on the scanning machine :)

Yes it is indeed a joy. I was initially quite half hearted about having a boy. But the moment the sonographer showed me his face and pointed out the nose, lips, chin, cheeks, I saw him so clearly! And immediately fell in love lor..
very nice! i only get to see abit of his face. his mouth moving (opening and close) but cant really see his actual face. very excited to see if he looks like me or his dad. i hope he looks more like me and he got his father's built aka big bones structure =P

Hi, any mummies already tested positive and expecting a Jubilee baby in May? :)
Hi. I wm new to this forum....

My wife and me is expecting to havr a baby girl this coming may... she is in the 22nd weeks of maternity and we found oout the baby girl we are having has a cleft lip and palate. She need help very much.... anyone out there i can reach for some info

My wife and me is expecting to havr a baby girl this coming may... she is in the 22nd weeks of maternity and we found oout the baby girl we are having has a cleft lip and palate. She need help very much.... anyone out there i can reach for some info

I don't know of anyone with kids who have this condition so unable to answer your question. What I am very sure about is that it is "fixable". Have you seen this link? https://www.singhealth.com.sg/Patie...es/Cleft-Lip-Palate-Treatment-Paediatric.aspx

very nice! i only get to see abit of his face. his mouth moving (opening and close) but cant really see his actual face. very excited to see if he looks like me or his dad. i hope he looks more like me and he got his father's built aka big bones structure =P

can do a 3D/4D scan later stage in 3rd trim. my colleague did at around 34-36 weeks. so cute and chubby lor! and one look we could tell baby looks like her hubby.

can do a 3D/4D scan later stage in 3rd trim. my colleague did at around 34-36 weeks. so cute and chubby lor! and one look we could tell baby looks like her hubby.
my gynae machine i think is the oldest generation one. even now my ultra scan also looks blur blur one. not those super clear one. he point on the dot say is penis haha..then we were like ...erhmmm ok haha.

any recommendation for 3d / 4d scan for this casE?

Yup... i have been to that link... but main concern is the rehabitation and counselling for my wife...( suspect she has depression)

Dont have much advice for you on this. But I have a client whose baby daughter has cleft lip. After seeing the baby after her surgery, can hardly tell.
Jus reassure your wife dat this condition is very 'fixable' and its not anybody's fault.

my gynae machine i think is the oldest generation one. even now my ultra scan also looks blur blur one. not those super clear one. he point on the dot say is penis haha..then we were like ...erhmmm ok haha.

any recommendation for 3d / 4d scan for this casE?
hahaha.... newbiemum80, wait 4++/5 months later then you can see your baby very very clear .... no need ultrasound le....... :p

Yes it is indeed a joy. I was initially quite half hearted about having a boy. But the moment the sonographer showed me his face and pointed out the nose, lips, chin, cheeks, I saw him so clearly! And immediately fell in love lor..
Starrymommy, be carefull later on ur hubby get jealous hor....... u fell in love with other little man. lols. :D

Kelly_ks_tay, is your wife's depression due to your baby girl's condition or are there other factors? it could be hormones causing her emotions.. I read that taking fish oils will high EPA will help combat depression. maybe you can get for her? and if she's open to counselling, that'd be better. sometimes all we women need is a listening ear from our hubby and be allowed to just cry it out on his shoulder. she may be feeling guilty for "causing" her baby to have cleft lip and palate but really, it is not something the mother can control. hope you are providing her with a lot of TLC during this period. cynn04 is right, it is completely fixable. I'm sure you have googled and done some research on this too right? show it to her that things can be done with the medical advances and techniques out there.

Hello all mums and mums-to-be,
I'm new MTB due on 27 May. Going for detailed scan next week at Mt A.

Anyone doing cloth diapering? I'm thinking of cloth diapering but there are so many brands in the markets. Any comments on moomookow, bum wear and raf raf? Is it better to use prefolds with diaper cover for newborns or ok to start with All in one diaper?

I rem 3d/4d scan cost like extra $250 at Thomson. I am quite sure my gynae's machine cannot see proper 3d also coz look quite old. Initially very tempted to scan at Thomson but come to think of it, buy more clothes and toys for baby with the $250 like more worth it. So I'm slowly swaying towards not spending the $250+ on the scan...Hope I can resist temptation!

I heard some people can just top up a bit for 3d/4d printouts coz the gynae machine can see 3d. Those I think super worth it!

Anyone doing cloth diapering? I'm thinking of cloth diapering but there are so many brands in the markets. Any comments on moomookow, bum wear and raf raf? Is it better to use prefolds with diaper cover for newborns or ok to start with All in one diaper?

Hi! congrats and welcome! :) I will be embarking on cloth diapering again this time. did that for both #1 and #2, so no diff for #3. never tried moomookow before. I am getting a few different brands. there is this brand called Adora which is more common in Malaysia (I purchased from onebabyworld). the type I got are bamboo ones, which are supposedly lighter, more absorbent and more cooling.

also purchased from Amazon. cheaper than SG's moomookow, plus the prints are so much cuter!

regarding the various types of diapers, you can check out this link: http://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2009/08/mother-load-everything-you-need-to-know/. see which type fits your needs most.. just remember, the thicker the diaper and insert, the longer time it takes to dry after washing.

Yup... i have been to that link... but main concern is the rehabitation and counselling for my wife...( suspect she has depression)

Hi, I am sure there will be good support given by hospital once your baby is out. What you need to do now is support your wife emotionally. Cleft palate is easily fixed. So don't despair. Most important baby's health is OK. Stay positive!

Hi! congrats and welcome! :) I will be embarking on cloth diapering again this time. did that for both #1 and #2, so no diff for #3. never tried moomookow before. I am getting a few different brands. there is this brand called Adora which is more common in Malaysia (I purchased from onebabyworld). the type I got are bamboo ones, which are supposedly lighter, more absorbent and more cooling.

also purchased from Amazon. cheaper than SG's moomookow, plus the prints are so much cuter!

regarding the various types of diapers, you can check out this link: http://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2009/08/mother-load-everything-you-need-to-know/. see which type fits your needs most.. just remember, the thicker the diaper and insert, the longer time it takes to dry after washing.

@starrymommy - thanks for the lubang! the cost is indeed so much cheaper compared to moomookow!

@starrymommy - thanks for the lubang! the cost is indeed so much cheaper compared to moomookow!

You mean the onebabyworld? Yeah very cheap. Only thing is that it's only worth it if you ship to Malaysian address. Even the nursing bras, storage bottles, milk chiller bag, ice packs, nursing cover etc are all very affordable. I've been buying a lot from this site. :)

You mean the onebabyworld? Yeah very cheap. Only thing is that it's only worth it if you ship to Malaysian address. Even the nursing bras, storage bottles, milk chiller bag, ice packs, nursing cover etc are all very affordable. I've been buying a lot from this site. :)

Is it cheaper than buying from Baby Fair or Baby Expo?
Do you have recommended things to buy from there?

@starrymommy- thank you for sharing. How are the ones you purchased from Amazon? Are the quality ok? Seems like prefolds are better for newborns esp if they are small. Wondering should I just buy a few to try first or get the package at once if there is promo?

Been using moomookow, bot it during metro sales..i think the insert is good for holding urine, but when bb poops it is quite thick, so harder to remove the stains. If dont need designs, i think i agree with starrymommy on cheaper brands that is good too..

Congratz on ur bb girl. Did u found out during ur detailed scan? I think u can seek ur gynae opinion and see what help he able to provide, in terms of counselling(if required), or doctors who might be able to shine more light..? I think its heartaching for u to see ur wife feeling depressed, be there for her, and let her share what she is feeling.. Like the other mummies here, i also agree its 'fixable', and most importantly baby is healthy & strong! Jia you ~

@starrymommy- thank you for sharing. How are the ones you purchased from Amazon? Are the quality ok? Seems like prefolds are better for newborns esp if they are small. Wondering should I just buy a few to try first or get the package at once if there is promo?

I haven't receive my Amazon loots yet so not sure how's the quality. saw many many good reviews so took the plunge and purchased them. here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Thirsties-Wra...s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1420767543&sr=1-1

Is it cheaper than buying from Baby Fair or Baby Expo?
Do you have recommended things to buy from there?

I think cheaper. as onebabyworld charges in ringgit and ships for free to Malaysian address above purchase of RM200. I also bought diaper caddy, plus all those things I mentioned previously. oh, and also the Autumnz brand nursing tanks and nursing sleepwear.

Been using moomookow, bot it during metro sales..i think the insert is good for holding urine, but when bb poops it is quite thick, so harder to remove the stains. If dont need designs, i think i agree with starrymommy on cheaper brands that is good too..

poo quite easy to clear, especially if baby is on breastmilk. just use bidet and flush, and the mustard-like poo slides off. not so easy for FM poo, which is more sticky and thick.

27 weeks alrdy. And everything starts to be very heavy liao. Sometimes I told my husband if I can take out my breasts and put aside first or not. Hehhehhe

27 weeks alrdy. And everything starts to be very heavy liao. Sometimes I told my husband if I can take out my breasts and put aside first or not. Hehhehhe

so fast 27 weeks already! means you are April '15 mummy right? :) I'm patiently waiting for my turn to enter 3rd trimester.. another 3.5 weeks to go. so fast hor??

I visited my gynae yesterday evening to submit my detailed scan report. hubby asked him if I can go for medium rare steak and sashimi. he said OKAY!!! as long as from reputable restaurants. :D yay!!! can start feasting.

I visited my gynae yesterday evening to submit my detailed scan report. hubby asked him if I can go for medium rare steak and sashimi. he said OKAY!!! as long as from reputable restaurants. :D yay!!! can start feasting.

Wahhhhh really ah!!! Thats great news!! I do miss sashimi tho. I can feel it in my mouth!! Yumssss

I shall check with mine tmr! Hehhee

you how many weeks now? Ooooo...i can only check with him on 27 jan in my next visit

Hiya all. I am new! FTM due in may 24. Just went to scan this week, found out that we are having a healthy and active girl. :p Team PINK!! currently at 20th week. Finally, half way thru...baby is a kicker. I haven't been able to get a good night sleep. :confused:
Dr said my placenta is a bit on the low side so having another scan in mar. Meaning we will get to see her again. I hope it will move up by then. Finger crossed. :oops:

Hiya all. I am new! FTM due in may 24. Just went to scan this week, found out that we are having a healthy and active girl. :p Team PINK!! currently at 20th week. Finally, half way thru...baby is a kicker. I haven't been able to get a good night sleep. :confused:
Dr said my placenta is a bit on the low side so having another scan in mar. Meaning we will get to see her again. I hope it will move up by then. Finger crossed. :oops:

Hello! congrats on joining Team Pink! baby girls are sooooo cute. :)

Back