(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hello all, i need some advice desperately.

Is it ok for mummies to be to attend funerals? My relatives (2 to be exact) passed away last night :(

It's saddening for me and my mum said it's ok for me to go as long as it's at night and own people (own relatives funeral).

Sorry to hear the sad news. It's really up to you and your family (incl your inlaws) if pantang or not, and depends on how close you are to your relatives.

My fil passed away when I was abt 8wks preggy, in this case had to attend and help out at the funeral. But if other relatives I likely wont go, prob just give a token.

Belated merry Xmas to all mtbs here!

I just returned back from a getaway and has been coughing real badly past few days. Haiz. I am worried it will affect baby.just went to see the doctor today again... Haiz.

Any remedy for speedy cough recovery, anyone?

I took flumicil and i forget whats the med for flu that causes drowsiness..cos my cough was bad that the phglem backflowed n cant slp for a week.. Took for 3 days n recovered but on n off still having phglem... Mayb u ask ur gynae to prescribe to u...

Do u store e cord blood of all your children or only for the 1st?

I nv store for my 2kids, so wont do for #3. It be good to store for all , cos the cord blood can only be used once (from what i was told)..

Hello all, i need some advice desperately.

Is it ok for mummies to be to attend funerals? My relatives (2 to be exact) passed away last night :(

It's saddening for me and my mum said it's ok for me to go as long as it's at night and own people (own relatives funeral).

Sorry heAr about that.. My mum dont allow me to attend, or maybe chinese tradition cannot i suppose.... But it really depends on urself n hw confortable u are ....

What's the average weight gain for mummies to be in 2nd and 3rd trimester? MY weight gain isn't prominent still.=(

I gained 5 kg during 1st tri, den now slow on my intake n approx 0.5kg every month from 16wks... For me is my belly very big, nv put on weight on myself 'at the moment'..haha ..hopefully can stay this way till delivery

Just came back from appt.. dunno gender yet since my baby closed both legs. Detailed scan is arranged in 2 weeks time. Will ask for gender by then. It seems i m probably one of the last one to know.. week19 now..

Oh yeah, gynae said my placenta is abit low. It may cause spotting.. he said as long as no period bleeding its still fine.

Isenggirl, ur gynae got recommend u not to walk too much? My friend just had C-sect cos placenta low too.. Early by 2.5wks.
Its okie lah, ur bb shy mah.. Im sure next scan can see liao... Hehe

Isenggirl, ur gynae got recommend u not to walk too much? My friend just had C-sect cos placenta low too.. Early by 2.5wks.
Its okie lah, ur bb shy mah.. Im sure next scan can see liao... Hehe

Yeah my gynae said not to exert myself too much. Dun carry heavy things. But aqua exercise is okay..

No wonder I have pink/brown spotting on and off.. he only said as time goes by the placenta should be further away. Hope it is..

@isenggirl, u'll b fine. Just dun work too hard will do. Before u go to the detailed scan, remember talk to ur baby dun be shy, jst guai guai open up the leg will do. That's how I talked to my baby and he did show us his little birdy.... haha! My baby also same as urs, at 1st closed the leg tightly, even I cough also not working. But my baby quite cooperative during detailed scan. I think talked more to the baby is working. U can try that too :)

@Doraemon_mummy, haha so cute.. I actually think my gynae dun really bother abt gender. He scanned to see baby's organs.. kidney, eyes, heart, nose, hands, legs, upper and lower lips, what else.. hmm.. I kept looking and couldnt really see them. Haha. Btw is detailed scan expensive? Any blood test taken? Today my urine test showed higher sugar level.. keep my finger crossed!

Last edited:
@isenggirl, my gynae clinic offered us to take the scanning package including oscar n detailed scan. I paid around $495 for the package. The blood test was done on the same day when I did the oscar scan. So no more blood test required. The Detailed scan also can measure every part of the baby including the organs too. Ya, my baby showed us very cute face during the scan, his position is up side down, purposely show us his birddy part n suckling his thumb. Haha!

For the high level sugar, it's depend on various causes. If jst happened only tested this time is high, and there is no record shown u have high sugar lvl, thats most likely is due to food n drink intake. Just cut down sugar level intake until ur next scan to chck again. That should b fine :) Remember to drink more water too.

Detailed scan is compulsory, i 'think' mine was ard $180-$190 odd. (Got 5% discount if apply the newborn incentive/SBI at TMC).. I feel like its quite ex leh. Haha. But no choice have to do. My blood test was done seperately at 15weeks..
I think doraemon_mummy package is worth it..cos include OSCAR which i opted out (do by week 12 right)...

Any mummies here plan to do the 4D scan? I'm tempted to do so but when I checked with my gynae, he told me that's extra one. For him the detailed scan is good enough to show everything. So he told me 4D scan is unnecessary, it's only target for some parents who want to take nice nice studio photos only.
So when my hubby heard that advice, he told me no need to take 4D scan already :(

@Doraemon_mummy , i think my colleague did 4D scan. It can show baby face quite clearly. Nose, eyes and lips.. can tell looks like mom or dad's. But i am not sure how costly..
@furbee, my oscar test (scan+blood test) is separate from another blood test for hiv, hepatitis b, rhesus, etc. Cost me about $390 for all include consultation on that day. Then.. i just asked, detailed scan cost $160+. All in all about $550. So far my spending for gynae is $1k+ lor. So costly!

My gynae does 4D scan for me when i had my 1st 2 kid ard mid of 3rd tri..his is free cos all the photos are loaded into thumbdrive (no hardcopy given).. Actually it also depends if ur bb is cooperative to let u see face front (my 1st totally look the same wit the 4D scan when she was born , 2nd only side view so like .....emmmm nth to see....if need pay alot extra then not worth bah)
Most impt is bb healthy .... :))

Wahhh.. tmc detailed scan quite cheap leh! When I did mine, I remember paying $275 at PEH. That's abt $100 diff. So much!!
I did ask my gynae abt 3D and 4D scan. She said that's totally unnecessary. No need pay so much. Just wait for the surprise element when the baby is actually out.

On another note, I just came back from a short trip. Took a bus to KL over the weekend. So far so good. I think this cld be the last trip before giving birth.

Narizah, ur doc gave u any letter to state fit to travel? Taking bus to KL seems like 6 hrs! Did u puke during the journey? I puked when i was on way back from KL by car :( sucky... Spoilt the whole day..
If travel by plane need doc letter, if not will kenna reject ...I also hope to travel once more b4 bb pop..haha duno have to wait how long before can travel again with kids in tow...

Yeaps, gynae gave the green light and also I went there for a good friend's wedding.

Didnt puke at all. The journey to kl was a terrible traffic jam from Singapore side due to the boxing day downpour, both checkpoints were full with ppl. But after passing thru jb checkpoint, all was good. Lucky the seats in the bus were spacious, so no issue. Watched video and then slept thru all the way till kl. Hehhe....

And the way back, all was smooth. Busy eating snacks upon boarding the bus. Hehe Lucky me. But tmr cfm back pain lah. Ahhaha... I brought along a small cushion for my back. It helps tho.

Actualy my scanning package also from Thomsons Medical. But I signed up the FBI aft I took the package so I didn't get the 5% disc.
@nazriah, you are amazing! Still can take coach to KL. I easily get tired now. Like yestrdy, I went to Ikea walk walk to do some baby cot survey, I get tired aft 1hr walk.

Actualy my scanning package also from Thomsons Medical. But I signed up the FBI aft I took the package so I didn't get the 5% disc.
@nazriah, you are amazing! Still can take coach to KL. I easily get tired now. Like yestrdy, I went to Ikea walk walk to do some baby cot survey, I get tired aft 1hr walk.

Just try my luck lor... hahha... I walk at ikea also I tired. Too many things to see and hands itchy to buy things, cfm tired one!!! Hahaha

This one sit down only. Reach there got ppl drive me ard so not so much walking. So ok lah.

Narizah, ur doc gave u any letter to state fit to travel? Taking bus to KL seems like 6 hrs! Did u puke during the journey? I puked when i was on way back from KL by car :( sucky... Spoilt the whole day..
If travel by plane need doc letter, if not will kenna reject ...I also hope to travel once more b4 bb pop..haha duno have to wait how long before can travel again with kids in tow...

Oh luckily you reminded me need to get dr's memo! Gog for short trip to phuket in early Feb. Planning to just relax there by the pool while hubby entertains #1.

Any mummies gave birth to e 1st via c-section and manage to give birth naturally to e next child? Can share your experience and which gynae?

My colleague had her 2kids c-sec followed by natural.. Age gap btw #1 n #2 was 14mths apart... Kkh dr john tee (if i rem correctly,she sees him at his amk clinic) ... Rarely dr will suggest natural if 1st c-sect leh.. Emm

Oh luckily you reminded me need to get dr's memo! Gog for short trip to phuket in early Feb. Planning to just relax there by the pool while hubby entertains #1.

Woah enjoy enjoy!! At least spend some time with ur #1 n relax ... Bonding time, after tat need share the share with lil one...

I tot the doc letter is only given at later trimester?

I tot the doc letter is only given at later trimester?

I just ask the gynae just in case. Coz I read somewhere that sometimes airlines need a letter to certify that a pregnant mum is fit to travel once the baby bump is spotted. And since I had MC earlier this year, its better to just double check with the gynae before travelling. She didn't let me travel even to johor when I was abt 14 weeks. But so far, after I progress quite well in the pregnancy, I was given the ok go!

Hi...

Any mummies had fever during this pregnancy? For someone who's allergic to alot of medicines like me, how do you get your fever down?

Can i take the cool rhino cooling drink?

is it fine to apply medicated oil on belly coz i experienced stomach pains?

I only apply ru yi oil... Duno if it helps, at lest mentally i feel better after applying. Lol.
Sometimes the stomach pains might be feeling bloated..and not those wan to go toilet kind..but i think it feels the same eventually..

hello! i m travelling to bkk in my 18th week. so i guess.. doc memo is necessary too?

Yup, i went to taiwan just 3 weeks ago, the staff at Singapore AP counter asked me for doc memo!! She say need to verify i was fit to travel.... When i fly back there wasnt any checks. But when going through the scan the staff physically checked my tummy making sure its My BB inside.....haha

Hi...

Any mummies had fever during this pregnancy? For someone who's allergic to alot of medicines like me, how do you get your fever down?

Can i take the cool rhino cooling drink?

Can take panadol if you are not allergic to it. If not, best to see a GP and tell him u are pregnant. Best not to anyhow self medicate now...

Can take panadol if you are not allergic to it. If not, best to see a GP and tell him u are pregnant. Best not to anyhow self medicate now...
Hi thanks for the suggestion. But unfortunately im allergic to panadol as well..

Guess i'll try the 100 plus.. Hope this fever subsides...

Yup, i went to taiwan just 3 weeks ago, the staff at Singapore AP counter asked me for doc memo!! She say need to verify i was fit to travel.... When i fly back there wasnt any checks. But when going through the scan the staff physically checked my tummy making sure its My BB inside.....haha

@furbee, cannot imagine how they checked your tummy? is your bump showing now?
Last time I was travelling on around week 13, but my bump is not that obvious, I did not get doc memo and smoothly pass all the checks.

I just went for my checkup. Doc say if week 20 and above will need doc memo in order to travel

So far my check up went well. The baby is facing down so we can't really see his face. Attempt to turn his head but can see awhile before he turn bk n his his hand cover the face. The bb is opening n closing his mouth like drinking water. Super cute. Also see him kicking me too.

The only thing is I got yeast infection Lo. Haiz. Anyone suffer this before?

I just went for my checkup. Doc say if week 20 and above will need doc memo in order to travel

So far my check up went well. The baby is facing down so we can't really see his face. Attempt to turn his head but can see awhile before he turn bk n his his hand cover the face. The bb is opening n closing his mouth like drinking water. Super cute. Also see him kicking me too.

The only thing is I got yeast infection Lo. Haiz. Anyone suffer this before?
@newbiemum80, I got UTI before I know I am pregnant. I go GP and they prescribed me with antibiotics. Did your gynae prescribe you something?
It should be ok, just take care yourself and drink more water.

Same, got UTI before knowing of pregnancy. but I informed the doctor that I was trying for baby so he gave me a pregnancy safe antibiotic.

Hitting the halfway mark for my pregnancy tmr and having my detailed checkup on Friday. Cant wait to find out is didi or meimei, kept in suspense for too long!

Wishing all mommies a Happy New Year! 2015 will be a great one

@furbee, cannot imagine how they checked your tummy? is your bump showing now?
Last time I was travelling on around week 13, but my bump is not that obvious, I did not get doc memo and smoothly pass all the checks.

Lol, the female staff press both side of tummy and feel all around lor...haha very odd.. Yup my bump show ard 10weeks cos very flabby :p

Back