(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I finally had time today to make pure chicken essence with the slices of pao shen my mil gave me. used black chicken bought from supermarket this morning. so sweet and thick! :D

11094_10152683871043547_2083567585912177187_n.jpg

I finally had time today to make pure chicken essence with the slices of pao shen my mil gave me. used black chicken bought from supermarket this morning. so sweet and thick! :D

View attachment 453657

Looks good! :))

I feel baby movements again today. But when i asked my hubby to feel it, its gone. Haha. I m looking for prenatal classes, anyone has recommendation? I read somewhere we should register only after week 20?

Just came back from Thomson Medical 24 Hr Clinic. Almost had to be warded. I had severe food poisoning and dehydration. Doc gave me a jab, put me in observation for an hour earlier just now. I had non stop vomitting and diarrhea. But now, it's better. I'm so worried because I'm concerned for the baby. Doc mentioned that if I were to ask my gynae to come back, it would cost me at least $350. She mentioned that if I don't feel cramps like pain or no bleeding, it means baby is fine. But I'm still so worried.

I'm going to walk in to clinic tomorrow to see my gynae. =(

What a xmas. :(

Oh gosh, u better rest well n eat light food... I also vomitting n diarrhea 2 mths back but took lots of water and frequent visits to the toilet...lol. Doc aso cant prescribe much oral medication to u, so nw have to be more careful of choice of food wor... Take gd care

I'm feeling better, but I'm trying to hydrate myself more, but I keep vomiting.
I had BBQ last time, and I'm assuming that's the cost.

Hope you feel better soon! Really sucky to feel like this during the festive season. Take good care and drink lots of water!

nuttyprf, congrats and welcome. :) how many weeks are you at now?

BubsandBloms, hope you have recovered! heard quite a number of people getting food poisoning recently.

My friend who is due soon jus had bell's palsy... So worrying...

a friend of mine had that too just before delivery. she just delivered earlier this week and seems to be okay already. hope no permanent damage done for your friend's case..

Merry Christmas ladies!
I didn't go out at all for gatherings or dinner this Christmas. Rejected all invites and stayed home to rest coz food smells still sets off my nausea.
I think ms has finally left me at 18 weeks. So I shopped maternity wear from ASOS and bought sterilizer bundle and ergobaby carrier from mothercare pre-order online.

Feeling very happy today!

@happycsk , which sterilizer bundle you bought? I just saw a pigeon sterilizer bundle at kiddy palace selling $129. Very tempted.... but havent buy, cos dunno whether is that considered a good deal or not. hahhaaa need to do more research, cos i only just started shopping for baby stuffs.

Hi all mummies to be.
I'm just back from my gynae visit.

Gynae say baby is healthy and strong. Everything is fine. He checked using ultrasound and checked the organs, legs, hand, heartbeat etc. All's well.

What a relief. I'm also feeling much better now. I guess for us, it's definitely better to avoid BBQ food (A painful Lesson learnt for me).

happycsk, wah! I love online shopping! :D did you spend a lot on ASOS?

BubsandBloms, glad to know that everything is fine. yes, better stay away from BBQ foods. else if really want to eat, BBQ it yourself and make sure food is really fully cooked first and not left out in the open for prolonged periods before and after cooking.

I'm really bored at work. whole office is super quiet and I doubt anyone is really 100% working. haha! can't wait to knock off, man.. yawwwwnnn..

I'm really bored at work. whole office is super quiet and I doubt anyone is really 100% working. haha! can't wait to knock off, man.. yawwwwnnn..

Thanks for the encouragement. What are you working as? Is it desk-bound job?

I supposed it's the festive season and honestly, no one definitely feels like working.
On the other note, today TMC is packed with couples, and I'm really appreciative of the gynae and nurses who are still hard at work!

me too..... just staring in front of my computer doing nothing. Got things to read, but really lazy to read office related stuff. Somemore outside raining, make me so sleepy. lols......

Thanks for the encouragement. What are you working as? Is it desk-bound job?

I supposed it's the festive season and honestly, no one definitely feels like working.
On the other note, today TMC is packed with couples, and I'm really appreciative of the gynae and nurses who are still hard at work!

One of my cousin just have their baby yesterday at the same date as christmas day. Baby really can choose their time to see the world. :)

Hi all mummies to be.

Gynae say baby is healthy and strong. Everything is fine. He checked using ultrasound and checked the organs, legs, hand, heartbeat etc. All's well.

What a relief. I'm also feeling much better now. I guess for us, it's definitely better to avoid BBQ food (A painful Lesson learnt for me).

Happy to hear you and your baby is alright now.
My gynae already warned me to be careful on what to eat especially during this holiday season, so many good things to eat, but still need to control our eating. We still have another round during CNY next year....;)

mylilsheep, chat here! haha! I'm gossiping and joking with colleagues to pass the time. but not many colleagues to talk to also as many are already on leave!

me too worried about eating. not so much about food poisoning, but more on weight gain. I've already put on 5kg. for #1, I put on freaking 16kg in total. quite scary for someone my height as I am not very tall.. scared difficult to lose all the additional kgs after birth.

Just saw this on Channel News Asia. yay to SG50 babies! :D

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/babies-born-in-2015-to/1550384.html

In a press release, POSB said the nine presents in the gift bag include a diaper bag, a pair of mittens and booties, a plush toy, a coin bank, a height chart, a bluetooth “selfie” stick, a 2R picture holder, a “Baby on Board” car sign, and a pack of baby wipes.

All parents can collect the gift bag personally at the hospital where their baby is delivered, said the bank. The participating hospitals are KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Mount Alvernia Hospital, National University Hospital, Parkway Hospitals Singapore (Gleneagles Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and Parkway East Hospital), Raffles Hospital, Singapore General Hospital and Thomson Medical Centre.

Such a wet day today... I also been walking around in office, holiday mood... Looking forward to new year day den CNY ... So many holidays during this pregnancy!!! Hehe

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/babies-born-in-2015-to/1550384.html

In a press release, POSB said the nine presents in the gift bag include a diaper bag, a pair of mittens and booties, a plush toy, a coin bank, a height chart, a bluetooth “selfie” stick, a 2R picture holder, a “Baby on Board” car sign, and a pack of baby wipes.

All parents can collect the gift bag personally at the hospital where their baby is delivered, said the bank. The participating hospitals are KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Mount Alvernia Hospital, National University Hospital, Parkway Hospitals Singapore (Gleneagles Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and Parkway East Hospital), Raffles Hospital, Singapore General Hospital and Thomson Medical Centre.

Even TMC babies also got gift pack.. Wah like that at least 3 bags of stuff liao.. Y no free milk powder, stroller, sterilizer de?.

furbee, those are too expensive bah! haha! Mount Alvernia also giving away stuff for SG50 babies. so yes, that's a total of 3 parcels of gifts! :)

mylilsheep, chat here! haha! I'm gossiping and joking with colleagues to pass the time. but not many colleagues to talk to also as many are already on leave!

me too worried about eating. not so much about food poisoning, but more on weight gain. I've already put on 5kg. for #1, I put on freaking 16kg in total. quite scary for someone my height as I am not very tall.. scared difficult to lose all the additional kgs after birth.

I weighed myself this morning n only gained 1kg?!? Guess e past mth of food poisoning / stomach flu and flu + cough took its toll. I wanna regain my appetite back! 山珍海味 in front of me i take a few bites then dun wanna eat liao. Sighs.

Hi all mummies to be.

Glad to know everything is well! I always thot preggy will strengthen our immunity cos need to protect the bb, but find myself sick more often instead. Rest more and rest well!

Cynn04, normally 3rd tri then can see the 'massive' weight gain... Haha..

Yah lor my massive weight gain oso happened in third tri for #1 lol. Really ballooned! But i lost 1kg for e past mth due to being sick! Not good not good :(

Seriously a selfie stick??? Lololol

3rd trimester weight gain is around 100gm per week right? That's a few kilos waiting for us. :D

cynn04, I was laughing when I saw the "selfie stick". a bit useless leh...

positivelife, my hubby been wanting a boy all along. we've 2 girls already, so if #3 is still a girl, he will be very disappointed indeed. I will love either one and deep down really still prefer another girl. then again, I also don't want to see my hubby disappointed. I keep telling him, doesn't matter whether boy or girl, as long as it's a healthy baby. and all children are God-given, there is no way we can choose! some mummies (and daddies) go through pain and countless sorrows and may not even have a child. consider ourselves greatly blessed to have productive wombs that can bring forth healthy kids. :)

my detailed scan will be next month. but gynae already said 80% boy since saw the birdie already. hubby is over the moon! unless he mistook it on 2 occasions at 17 weeks and 20 weeks for baby's hand or umbilical cord, then too bad lor.. :p

Same situation like starrymommy.. I also prefer girls thou alr have 2 girls.. Haha. My In law's dream come true for their grandson liao.. Whether girl or boy when Bb is in ur arms u wont bother to prefer the gender!! Cos all Bb so innocent and honestly i feel looks the same also lah .. But after bringing kids up can see the 'difference' in taking care of boys(my nephew) and girls(like market...)!!!!
Most importantly is dont stop at 1 kid, lol... Need some companion and playmate, growing up tgt and seeing them taking care and fighting wit each other...opppss

I saw Jan 2015 mummies forum so happening, like so fast so many delivered.... Our countdown like still soooooo far away!! Haha. *excited*

Furbee / starrymommy I closing shop at 2 kids! Girl or boy both ok, not gonna be disappointed. Healthy baby is the most important! My hubby recently said it would be nice to hv 3, I rolled eyes at him. The idea of juggling 2 in the future already freaking me out.

@starrymommy, hahaha...... I just bought log cake for share with my colleagues. Got reason to eat cake, although has been warned by my gynae not to eat cake. But I only eat one piece larr. So think it should be ok.

I don't know how much weight gain I have already put on so far. My weighing scale battery low batt and havent have time to buy the battery yet. It is good not to know how much weight you are now. So not to stress urself. hahaha... hopefully I will not found my self too much weight at gynae's office. lols.
But now slowly I can feel my bump showing le ..... sometime hard to breath especially after eating. hahaha......

Same situation like starrymommy.. I also prefer girls thou alr have 2 girls.. Haha. My In law's dream come true for their grandson liao.. Whether girl or boy when Bb is in ur arms u wont bother to prefer the gender!! Cos all Bb so innocent and honestly i feel looks the same also lah .. But after bringing kids up can see the 'difference' in taking care of boys(my nephew) and girls(like market...)!!!!
Most importantly is dont stop at 1 kid, lol... Need some companion and playmate, growing up tgt and seeing them taking care and fighting wit each other...opppss

My in-laws, especially fil, is hoping for a grandson too! but don't know will his wish be fulfilled or not. still have to wait and see. I've gone ahead to buy all the boy stuffs already, anyway! haha! itchy fingers, couldn't resist the online sales. :p

Agree about not stopping at just one child. I see the way my 2 girls play together sometimes will go "awww..." :) they can be so sweet and loving!

Furbee / starrymommy I closing shop at 2 kids! Girl or boy both ok, not gonna be disappointed. Healthy baby is the most important! My hubby recently said it would be nice to hv 3, I rolled eyes at him. The idea of juggling 2 in the future already freaking me out.

hubby and I also said stop at 2! who knew we would be so lucky to be blessed with #3. I still remember we were in a state of unbelief when I just told him I suspect I might be pregnant. that was back in August.

I am PR only, so I guess would not be entitled of those free gifts.

Somemore, the saddest thing is that I only entitled for 8 weeks maternity leave, then need to go back to work after 8 weeks. But I talked with my boss, I might need to extend another 1 month and see how my baby first. I am afraid that baby 2 months old still 2-3 hours wake up and I'll be zombie if going back to work after 8 weeks. So envy with all Singaporean mummies here.

Ya you'll never know when your gifted .... I also didnt plan for #3, but just the thought of 16 weeks ML ...abit shiok also lah.. Tiredness seems like never ending.....but honestly can feel like memory failing after giving birth, brain not as 'active' as before leh..

mylilsheep, didn't know you are a PR till you shared! my colleague too. she gave birth in August and took extended leave. think she took 2 weeks unpaid leave to settle her nanny issues. are you able to find a reliable nanny where you are staying at? if can then I think that's one worry off your list.. in the meantime, you are staying in SG permanently?

furbee, the 16 weeks ML will probably a super busy one. haha! hubby said very shiok, holiday for 16 weeks. I told him to try lor.. feed, burp, change dirty nappies 24/7. see how he likes it?? men and their nonsense!! :p what holiday?! can forget about going for decent toilet breaks and have proper 1-hour meals. unless he can hire another maid for me during that period, and my job will only be to eat, sleep, breastfeed. THAT will be shiok!!!

@happycsk , which sterilizer bundle you bought? I just saw a pigeon sterilizer bundle at kiddy palace selling $129. Very tempted.... but havent buy, cos dunno whether is that considered a good deal or not. hahhaaa need to do more research, cos i only just started shopping for baby stuffs.

Hey, I bought the tommee tippee bundle at $134. Comes with a bunch of stuff! Pretty good deal. You can take a look a the mothercaree babyfair site to compare the items in the bundle before buying. :)

@starrymommy, yup at the moment I think stay in sg first. I am planning to bring over my mom to help me to look after the baby when I am start to work for at least baby 6 months old. So at least I still can breastfeed my baby. After that, I might bring my baby to my hometown there and got more sisters there to help me to look after my baby at least after my baby big enough to be send to child care. I am not really keen to sent my baby to infant care or leave baby at home with nanny alone. Really dunno how I will missed my baby later on..... :(

happycsk, wah! I love online shopping! :D did you spend a lot on ASOS?

BubsandBloms, glad to know that everything is fine. yes, better stay away from BBQ foods. else if really want to eat, BBQ it yourself and make sure food is really fully cooked first and not left out in the open for prolonged periods before and after cooking.

Heehee not a lot lah. About £90.
First batch ever of maternity wear I bot. I seriously hope the size won't disappoint....I got UK10 for the tops & dresses, same as my norm size for ASOS...

OH, I bought 2 packs of the Aden Anais swaddles! One each at mothercare and kiddy palace! 50% off is good deal.

Last edited:

Back