(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

So envy of you girls who can feel baby kicks

hey...i am 18 weeks now and I can't really feel kicks yet. I feel like a worm wriggle movement very randomly and it's extremely light and located in my pelvic area. You are not alone! It will come very soon I'm sure. :)

cynn04, yes! definitely a sign of good supply now that at 2nd tri, milk ducts are already working. :) towards end of the pregnancy, you can even start to collect the colostrum and freeze it. for future use.

I'm 19 weeks now. Also still can't feel baby kicks. Just sometimes some weird fluttering feelings. Dunno whether it's baby kick or gas.... I have to wait till Jan for detailed scan before i can see baby again.... I got mc before so i'm very paranoid..... Sometimes when i think abt it i will get worried, dunno how is baby doing inside....

Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts.
I can understand your worries...although this is my 1st pregnancy but I have people very close to me who have mc in their preg (2nd/3rd trim) and it honestly scares me whenever I think about it because there is just no medical explanation for it. I myself know it's only safe when I hold the baby in my arms. I can't tell people coz I know they try to be optimistic and say it's not common and very rare. I am constantly very worried it will happen to me.
This is also the reason why I bought a fetal doppler to listen to heartbeats in early stage...to set my mind at ease.
Not trying to be negative ah, don't get me wrong. Just letting you know it's very common to have fears about mc.

I am stuffed!!! just had a feast in the office and everyone came to HQ for the Xmas spread. didn't get to try all dishes as there were far too many. :D I'm totally in a holiday mood now and can't wait for the Xmas party at my friends' place tomorrow.

cynn04, yes! definitely a sign of good supply now that at 2nd tri, milk ducts are already working. :) towards end of the pregnancy, you can even start to collect the colostrum and freeze it. for future use.

GOOD!!! Infant milk powder are crazy expensive! Pray hard got good supply this time round :D

i just had lunch too...feeling full... therefore surfing forum here to get more information... I'm a first time mtb oh... :p
EDD 12May2014. Baby girl. :)

mylilsheep, finally can share the special moment with your hubby. he must be in awe!! remember to video down the movements when it gets big enough to be captured on camera. :)

how do you play music to baby now? I have bought the BellyBuds and still waiting for it to arrive.

May I know where to buy the BellyBuds?

cynn04, aiming for tbf at least 6 months like I did for #2. can hit 6 months I will be happy liao. infant milk powder really very very ex and 1 small tin can only last a week! horrible...

cool_y2, welcome to the group! and congrats on expecting a baby girl. :) I got my BellyBuds from Amazon. free shipping to SG with minimum purchase of USD125 worth of products from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Bellybuds-V2-BBDLX-Bellybuds®-Baby-Bump-System/dp/B0097F3YES

How are you mummies coping with your sitting postures / sleeping postures?
I have been having backaches, and of course, I know it's common. But I also read that there are ways to ease it.

For me, it's hard for me to sleep sideways, therefore, since day 1, I have always been sleeping with my back on the bed and face up. Perhaps that is why I have backaches. Also, just to share, I read that calcium supplements with milk along with some mild exercises/stretches will help in your backache management. I have yet to do that, beem feeling rather lazy in terms of the exercises. In terms of milk, it still makes me nauseous. Argh!

BubsandBloms, mine is more of low back / butt ache. it comes and goes, and is particularly persistent when I have bad posture during sleep. like you, I cannot sleep on my back for long. it's a position I like though! or if I walk too much, the ache will come. sneezing, coughing etc will cause pain from lower back to upper thigh also. really weird. read that some yoga positions will help. you can google more on that.

I've just been massaging lightly with ginger cream on those sore spots, not doing much else. been taking calcium supplement supplements all this while too. keeping fingers crossed the pain won't get worse as pregnancy progresses.

Me too, juz walk my dog to his grooming session, next day super aches at the upper thighs... jialat!
They feel vy tight, dunno 3rd tri how...
I juz try to do some simple stretching & massage them myself.

I never experience having colostrum during pregnancy! I also read that nipple stimulation can cause contractions especially during 3rd tri.. Starrymommy, so it is possible to pump/hand express the colostrum before delivery huh?.. So amazing... I manage to bf my 2 girls for 1&1/2 yrs each... Now when i was coming to 4th mth preg,doc advise me to stop pumping.. 1.8kg milk powder only can last 5days for 2 kids!!! Pocket big hole..

Me too, juz walk my dog to his grooming session, next day super aches at the upper thighs... jialat!
They feel vy tight, dunno 3rd tri how...
I juz try to do some simple stretching & massage them myself.

unfortunately walking too much is an issue now for us preggies.. walk too fast will also get breathless. feel like old woman!!

I never experience having colostrum during pregnancy! I also read that nipple stimulation can cause contractions especially during 3rd tri.. Starrymommy, so it is possible to pump/hand express the colostrum before delivery huh?.. So amazing... I manage to bf my 2 girls for 1&1/2 yrs each... Now when i was coming to 4th mth preg,doc advise me to stop pumping.. 1.8kg milk powder only can last 5days for 2 kids!!! Pocket big hole..

wow! I'm so impressed! how did you manage to do it? I cannot even imagine bfing for 1 year and you did 1and1/2 year. super mummy.. :)

I read that once you hit 37 weeks and baby is full term, you can hand express the colostrum out. your body will make more so no need to worry about not having enough when baby is born. won't recommend using pump since colostrum is very viscous and can be hard to "pour" out from collection bottle without wasting a large amount of it. when I was in hospital after my daughter's preterm birth, the nurses gave me some sterile syringes (can get from pharmacies) to collect the colostrum drop by drop.

I found these links that talk about expressing & storing colostrum BEFORE birth helpful:

http://brochures.mater.org.au/Home/...eastfeeding-antenatal-expression-of-colostrum (some graphics of breasts so don't open this link at work!)
http://thehealthyhoneys.com/why-i-chose-to-express-my-colostrum-before-giving-birth/

what caught my attention was that it actually helps milk glands produce more milk when baby's out. and the liquid gold can be frozen first and added into the milk feeds in time to come.

I had a bad scare after the preterm labour for #2 whereby I had zero milk for 5 days. not even a single drop. the colostrum I was able to squeeze out was only like 2 teaspoons and that was all I got for 5 days. felt so miserable then. thankfully perseverance paid off, my milk came in on day 6, and the rest is history.. this time, I wanna see if it helps to express out some colostrum out first or not. curious to try it out for myself. but of course, do it only after 37 weeks, in case any nipple stimulation causes contractions.

Just the thought of larger hole in wallet made me more determined to bf longer.. The expressed bm i also gave my #1, so saved up alot and manage to splurge on myself also... Haha. Most important is need lots of motivation from family, then friends and even bosses....
Actually must make worthwhile all the pumps and accessories that is being spent on.
The nurses was very kind to even help u..my stay at TMC wasnt as great, like they dont reAlly pay alot of attention to the mummies.... Nv tot that sterile syringes can collect the colostrum..haha always pour in bottle den sure will spill, or cant really get every drop of it....thanks for the sharing

agree that support is very important! I'm thankful that my mum, grandma and even mil are all very supportive of breastfeeding and they did not make any nasty comments about breastmilk being not nutritious, I am not feeding enough etc. I was the one stressing myself out in the past. hopefully it will be a smoother journey the 3rd time!

furbee, TMC always gives me the impression that the nurses are very pro, but very very busy. think it is the high occupancy rate there. then again, you are very experienced liao, so won't need much help from them in terms of learning to breastfeed while in the hospital.

I paid $50+ bucks to see an LC after my #2 turned 1mth, cos she dont wanna latch on... But at least i managed to express and bf so the amount was worth.. Can imagine how busy the LC at TMC are when they go on ward visit....sigh.. Din learn anything when had #1..
Actually i think its the thought of wanting to go on holiday trips, days when bm wont leak, able to jus go home and slp without needing to bf or express milk makes me want to stop bf-ing too..
But i know that no matter how little milk a mother produces, it will always be sufficient, and can increase with perservance.......so lets all work hard to give the best to our lil ones...!

the only time I saw an LC was during my #1 time at Mt A. and she was simply rattling instructions along like a bullet train, so fast that I could hardly catch what she was saying. plus when she came around that ONE time, baby was just brought back to the nursery some time back and wasn't due to be back in my room for another hour. the visit was quite pointless, although I could see she tried to be as helpful as the limited timing allowed her to. haha! in the end, the nurses (especially the ones doing night shift!) were the ones who taught me the most about breastfeeding! surprise, surprise... they were gentle and friendly, always had a smile on their faces. so patient too! from then on, I always think that LC's are overated lah! haha!

I am stuffed!!! just had a feast in the office and everyone came to HQ for the Xmas spread. didn't get to try all dishes as there were far too many. :D I'm totally in a holiday mood now and can't wait for the Xmas party at my friends' place tomorrow.

Starrymommy,

I also in holiday mood now!! just had company lunch today at Shangrila and so full with all the foods...
Can't wait for tomorrow x'mas party too and this year i'm arranging the party at my house.

Vinka, whoa! Shangri-La! must be super "ho liao". :D enjoy your partying tomorrow! I'm waiting for 6pm to come around then will knock off. there is half day of work tomorrow and I am wondering if I should even come into office.. :p

Hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts.
I can understand your worries...although this is my 1st pregnancy but I have people very close to me who have mc in their preg (2nd/3rd trim) and it honestly scares me whenever I think about it because there is just no medical explanation for it. I myself know it's only safe when I hold the baby in my arms. I can't tell people coz I know they try to be optimistic and say it's not common and very rare. I am constantly very worried it will happen to me.
This is also the reason why I bought a fetal doppler to listen to heartbeats in early stage...to set my mind at ease.
Not trying to be negative ah, don't get me wrong. Just letting you know it's very common to have fears about mc.

Thanks @happycsk. Yeah i feel exactly the same way. i try to tell myself it's not common too, and try to be optimistic. And until now, i don't share with ppl i'm pregnant, unless they can tell or ask. Just don't dare to take it for granted... I also feel it's only safe and can only share with the whole world when baby is in my arms. Will just take each day as it is and enjoy the process and anticipation (plus anxiety)....

I found these links that talk about expressing & storing colostrum BEFORE birth helpful:

http://brochures.mater.org.au/Home/...eastfeeding-antenatal-expression-of-colostrum (some graphics of breasts so don't open this link at work!)
http://thehealthyhoneys.com/why-i-chose-to-express-my-colostrum-before-giving-birth/

what caught my attention was that it actually helps milk glands produce more milk when baby's out. and the liquid gold can be frozen first and added into the milk feeds in time to come.

I had a bad scare after the preterm labour for #2 whereby I had zero milk for 5 days. not even a single drop. the colostrum I was able to squeeze out was only like 2 teaspoons and that was all I got for 5 days. felt so miserable then. thankfully perseverance paid off, my milk came in on day 6, and the rest is history.. this time, I wanna see if it helps to express out some colostrum out first or not. curious to try it out for myself. but of course, do it only after 37 weeks, in case any nipple stimulation causes contractions.

Thanks for the links and info! I'll make sure to try squeezing out once hit 37 weeks :)

BubsandBloms, mine is more of low back / butt ache. it comes and goes, and is particularly persistent when I have bad posture during sleep. like you, I cannot sleep on my back for long. it's a position I like though! or if I walk too much, the ache will come. sneezing, coughing etc will cause pain from lower back to upper thigh also. really weird. read that some yoga positions will help. you can google more on that.

I've just been massaging lightly with ginger cream on those sore spots, not doing much else. been taking calcium supplement supplements all this while too. keeping fingers crossed the pain won't get worse as pregnancy progresses.

I attended the prenatal course which teaches some exercises for backaches as well. I did it sometimes..but not too often. Cos I always feel so full and bloated.

Hopefully the pain will ease, although I read that it's likely to persist. :(

Hello experience mummies
I have bought some bb clothes :)
Want to wash
But hand wash? Machine wash?
Normal detergent or baby dertergent? If bany detergent wat brand?

Hello experience mummies
I have bought some bb clothes :)
Want to wash
But hand wash? Machine wash?
Normal detergent or baby dertergent? If bany detergent wat brand?

Hihi! You wait for third tri then wash bah, if not the clothes stay in e closet for a few mths will oso smell.

I will wait until got a huge pile then throw inside washing machine. Delicate ones use laundry bag. I used baby detergent last time for my #1… maybe this time wont specially buy dat cos like same same le. Nway pigeon brand is good for getting rid of poop stains, but i love the smell of kodomo.

Hi starry, during the first week with no breast milk supply, what or how did you feed the baby? Used formula milk?

Yeah, have to supplement with the special preemie FM from the NICU. Baby was so tiny that time that she drank only like few mls every hour. Very very small amounts. But that made me feel worse as I couldn't even produce a few mls of BM. :( So no choice lor.

Merry Christmas to all!!! Hope everyone have a wonderful celebration and well-deserved rest!!

Same to u! I'm on leave today. Kids are in school for half day session, so right now is me-time. Woohoo! :) Thinking of having a good breakfast at Starbucks.

Hihi! You wait for third tri then wash bah, if not the clothes stay in e closet for a few mths will oso smell.

I will wait until got a huge pile then throw inside washing machine. Delicate ones use laundry bag. I used baby detergent last time for my #1… maybe this time wont specially buy dat cos like same same le. Nway pigeon brand is good for getting rid of poop stains, but i love the smell of kodomo.

Oh ok thanks

Wat delicate clothes means

@starrymommy : Just wanna ask if you have taken Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA from iherb? Do you think there is any difference in the quality of Nordic Naturals we buy from Guardian and from Iherb? I have actually bought a lot of vitamins and supplements for my toddler from Iherb before but this time round for prenatal dha I am a bit paranoid!! ;p

@starrymommy : Just wanna ask if you have taken Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA from iherb? Do you think there is any difference in the quality of Nordic Naturals we buy from Guardian and from Iherb? I have actually bought a lot of vitamins and supplements for my toddler from Iherb before but this time round for prenatal dha I am a bit paranoid!! ;p

I've bought it but yet to start on it as I still have my Blackmores ones. Nordic Naturals is a trusted brand so don't worry! :) I'll still prefer to buy from iHerb as it's a lot cheaper.

Just came back from Thomson Medical 24 Hr Clinic. Almost had to be warded. I had severe food poisoning and dehydration. Doc gave me a jab, put me in observation for an hour earlier just now. I had non stop vomitting and diarrhea. But now, it's better. I'm so worried because I'm concerned for the baby. Doc mentioned that if I were to ask my gynae to come back, it would cost me at least $350. She mentioned that if I don't feel cramps like pain or no bleeding, it means baby is fine. But I'm still so worried.

I'm going to walk in to clinic tomorrow to see my gynae. =(

What a xmas. :(

oh dear.. are you feeling better?? vomiting and diarrhea stopped? dehydration is dangerous for us preggers.. :( have to be very careful. what did you eat that caused the food poisoning?

oh dear.. are you feeling better?? vomiting and diarrhea stopped? dehydration is dangerous for us preggers.. :( have to be very careful. what did you eat that caused the food poisoning?

I'm feeling better, but I'm trying to hydrate myself more, but I keep vomiting.
I had BBQ last time, and I'm assuming that's the cost.

yeah, could be the bbq food. maybe undercooked. anyone else in the group got it? glad you are feeling better. it helps to take sips of 100 Plus too. or if have some fresh coconut water also good.

I'm having diarrhea, so I'm very afraid carbonated water will make it worse. No one else in the group got it, I'm supposed pregnant woman has lower immunity as mentioned by the doctor I visited earlier just now as well.

hope you rest well and get more water in you. make sure baby is moving and active inside too! take care, babe..

Yup I will. That's my concern, I don't know how is baby doing now. Anyway, tomorrow I'll be walking into my Gynae to see how baby is doing.

Thanks for concern. Appreciate it.

Back