(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@mylilsheep I'm jst in week 16, any idea when did Dr Wee inform you about the baby gender?

@Doraemon_mummy, I already know the gender of my baby since my last visit on week 15+. He asked me whether I want to know the gender of my baby. Then I said yes.

When is your last visit with Dr Wee? From week 16 onwards, you should be able to know the gender of your baby, but depends on the position of your baby.

@starrymommy im going to week 17 in few days more. Can't wait to feel my baby poking n kicking feeling. I didn't buy the angel sounds but my hubby tried to use his ear to touch my tummy and listen the baby heart beat. He told me he only manage to listen my tummy is digesting sounds "gu lu gu lu" only. Haha
hahaha.... told ur hubby that your baby is hungry le :D

There are sometime when I feel the baby kick, then I asked hubby to come and feel my tummy. But he said he cannot feel anything yet. lols.... I guess it is mom's privilege to feel the baby kick first. Hahaha..... Feel sorry for him, need to wait for another few weeks.

@mylilsheep my next appointmnt with Dr Wee is on this comimg Sat. This week is my week 16. This Sat will b reaching week 17. I'm so excited to know the baby gender now cause all my friends told me I looks like having a baby boy. They told me they can tell frm my face and my tummy shape. So make me very curiius to know now. Haha!

Nordic Naturals selling for only USD42 on iherb! and can get additional 12% off plus free shipping to SG this month. works out to be only SGD48.60 per bottle. $89.55 is a rip-off. :(

Doraemon_mum, can't hear baby's heartbeat like that. can really only hear tummy sounds. haha!! soon you will feel a lot more! wait till baby kicks you in the ribs. or in the bladder when you "high-tide". :D

@Doraemon_mummy, you will soon know your baby gender. Keep us updated hor...... Last time when Dr Wee told me is baby boy, I asked him is it confirmed? He said 90% correct. Then he said so far he never wrong in seeing baby boy gender thru ultrasound. I am not sure if he ever get wrong in seeing baby girl gender hahaha...... But I think the genital area for boy is easier to see than a girl. However, I still cannot see my baby's penis anyway. Still looks too small for me. lols :D

Hope you will soon feel the baby kicks also...... ;)
However @starrymommy said wait until the baby can kick stronger in the ribs... ouchhh... cannot imagine how he is gonna hurt my tummy. I told my hubby baby now start kicking me, then I asked baby to kick daddy too. But my hubby said, now baby only can kick me. hmmm.... I will ask baby to kick daddy after he is born. lols.....:p

Nordic Naturals selling for only USD42 on iherb! and can get additional 12% off plus free shipping to SG this month. works out to be only SGD48.60 per bottle. $89.55 is a rip-off. :(

wow.... is it?? I never try shopping online before. lols..... always go traditional go to shop and buy one. How long does normally you need to wait to receive the thing you buy?

it usually takes like 7-10 days. quite fast, considering it is from US and free! haha! there are so many stuffs you can get from iherb. I've been buying organic baby/toddler snacks, cereals for weaning my kids, biscuits, supplements for whole family, organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic insect repellent, hand sanitizers, baby detergent etc for the past 5 years! they even have teas for boosting breastmilk. the Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple balm and baby bottom balms are the best ones I have used so far. better than Lansinoh and Desitin. really worth checking that website out. :)

I've a code for USD10 off minimum purchase of USD40 worth of products - WUY181

Hi all,

I'm down with flu since saturday and just visit GP last night and took mc today. Any idea to get away from flu with faster way?? I have tried to drink lemon water but doesn't help.

Just an info to share to those having concerns about swimming during pregnancy.

Attachments

• 1417497864891.jpg
    1417497864891.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 192
vinka, can take chlormine (small yellow pill) for symptoms relief. ultimately best cure is rest! was down with a cold last week too and it was terrible. just wanted to sleep through the day. or drink some hot ginger tea? wil help open up airways and warm your body..

Blackmores already has 125mg DHA per capsule (to take 2 capsules daily)

Do i need to take anymore DHA on top of that?

Id like to try Nordic Natural DHA.

But is the intake too much?

I came Back from a sudden visit to the gynae cos sudden cramps in the lower abdominal part. The other gynae measure the baby head is 5 days smaller than the edd but the body is matching the edd. Anyone the same here? The gynae say is due to constipation so my tummy cramp. He also advice me to take a test which is 1.9k to test many types of ds which my current gynae say no need

Need to ask all mummies here who hire CL before. Mummies who bf, express bm or partial, did your CL request to feed formula in the night or express out bm to bottle feed, so that CL can rest at night?

My CL just inform me that I take care of the baby at night as I am on tbf and not express out so baby will get up 1/2 hour interval and she need sleep.

I don't have extra room and CL will sleep with me and the baby. She said once she wake up, she can't get back to sleep. So she suggest sleeping in the living room and I take care of baby at night. Did anyone encounter this type of situation.

I came Back from a sudden visit to the gynae cos sudden cramps in the lower abdominal part. The other gynae measure the baby head is 5 days smaller than the edd but the body is matching the edd. Anyone the same here? The gynae say is due to constipation so my tummy cramp. He also advice me to take a test which is 1.9k to test many types of ds which my current gynae say no need
Oh dear.. is the cramp very bad? I also get cramp but the pain is on and off.
I had constipation too and doc prescribed stool softener. Have you done your DS test and what did youe gynae advise ?

Need to ask all mummies here who hire CL before. Mummies who bf, express bm or partial, did your CL request to feed formula in the night or express out bm to bottle feed, so that CL can rest at night?

My CL just inform me that I take care of the baby at night as I am on tbf and not express out so baby will get up 1/2 hour interval and she need sleep.

I don't have extra room and CL will sleep with me and the baby. She said once she wake up, she can't get back to sleep. So she suggest sleeping in the living room and I take care of baby at night. Did anyone encounter this type of situation.
Hmmm... My CL very pro bf... She will wake up every 2 hrs to bring baby to me to bf coz baby didn't sleep with me. Basically her main concern is that I, the new mother must have enough rest... She basically doesn't even want me to get out of bed if not necessary... Lol

Oh dear.. is the cramp very bad? I also get cramp but the pain is on and off.
I had constipation too and doc prescribed stool softener. Have you done your DS test and what did youe gynae advise ?
My own gynae did a neck test and is ok so din recommend me to ds. I tried the stool softener but abit come out only. Pain is on n off too

Hmmm... My CL very pro bf... She will wake up every 2 hrs to bring baby to me to bf coz baby didn't sleep with me. Basically her main concern is that I, the new mother must have enough rest... She basically doesn't even want me to get out of bed if not necessary... Lol

But if you're tbf, bb will not have a fixed schedule like every 2 hours. Sometimes, bb will wake every 1/2 hour to feed leh.
Maybe my CL is old liao as she is 60 plus and maybe cannot tahan.

My cl same will look for me for bf as she also highly recommend n baby sleep w her during tat mth..n I was force to keep laying on bed

My own gynae did a neck test and is ok so din recommend me to ds. I tried the stool softener but abit come out only. Pain is on n off too

I tried all things - yakult , prune juice , yoghurt but I feel drink a full cup of plain water immediately upon waking up is the best !
Think it's better to go back to your regular gynae for advice. They would have your blood report too hence the adjusted risk for DS. But not to worry abt the growth, but it's still within the same week so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

After discussing with my CL, she decided not to do it for me. Have to find other alternative liao.
Thinking of hiring day time CL only.

newbiemum80, I had this issue too. the constipation was bad.. so bad that I will bleed and get sore down there. I agree with sin nee on the drinking of water once waking up. I will down 18oz at one go then go do my other stuffs. heard that this helps flush out toxins that accumulate in our bodies overnight and cleanses the digestive system so everything will "operate" more smoothly. my gynae gave me some pills to prevent constipation which are very effective, but I am trying not to rely on those and turn to natural remedies instead.

Haiya had food poisoning (i think) and been running to e toilet. Tink I'm pretty dehydrated but cant hold in anything. Now my baby bump seemed to hv shrunk :( Finally felt abit better today and got some food n water in. Hope dun merlion later again.

Any idea if this continues, shld i go see a normal GP or my gynae for meds?

I also seem to have cramping these 2 days...like tummy abit weird weird...Is your tummy hard or soft soft? i find mine like abit soft soft these 2 days also. Hopefully everything is ok.
Yesterday i drank 2 cups of normal milk (diff timing) and each time i will go LS after the milk..1st time i encounter LS after drinking milk.

cynn04, I think can go see GP first, see if you can get anything to stop the runs. dehydration can cause contractions to happen. take care, and hope you will be much much better soon!

m&m2304, mine is soft. unless uterus hardens up then whole tummy will feel rock hard for like half a minute. if milk causes you to LS now, then better stop drinking for the time being. some pregnant mummies will get tummy upsets after taking dairy products when they never had this problem prior to pregnancy. go for lactose-free milk?

The LS only seems yesterday...previously i drink milk also and ok. The 1st time i think maybe not the milk....so after resting a while i went to pour another glass and drink then within mins LS again. so i think shld be milk already. Think i going to try milk again today. Heheeee

Tummy will only feel hard after meals or eating alot. I think maybe i think too much liao. Hehehee

isenggirl, glad you are feeling better. :)

m&m2304, haha! probably bloated from all the goodies bah! I get that after a full meal too.

Hi jubilee mum-to-be, just wondering any of you are visiting bukit batok TMC doctor wong Mun tat. He didn't talk much. Almost say nothing in my past 3 visits. I just missed the Oscar test and The nurse Joannna told me that I cannot do any more Down syndrome test for my baby in a very very very very rude way.
There are so many tests out there. Why can't. I m super angry. I am changing doctor. U all have any at least normal doctor to recommend near Jurong or west area?
Thanks.

positivelife, how many weeks are you now? Oscar can only be done latest at 13w6d. maybe can opt for Harmony now, but I cannot be sure. for west side, I can only think of Dr John Yam. me and a few ladies here are under his care. he has a clinic at Jurong Point.

@positivelife, you may also opt for genetic test with Dr Ananda at Camden. I saw a lot of mummies recommended this genetic test if their oscar test is not good. Of course for down syndrome, harmony test would be the best, but would be quite expensive.

Thanks starrymommy and mylilsheep. not sure which week I am in. Guess should be somewhere in week 13th. Ya. Genetic test sounds good. Will google.

@positivelife, if you are still in week 13, I suggest you may try to make appointment for oscar first if you want to. Or you can also try walk in. Thomson has many branches to do oscar scan, you can try one if they still have slot. Last time I did my oscar scan at thomson novena medical centre level 11 there. Not that crowded as in TMC hospital itself.

if still in week 13 it is still possible to do Oscar. not sure why the nurse didn't give you other options and simply brushed you off. can call up your gynae's office and just ask again?

@positivelife , i was with Bukit Batok TMC when my previous pregnancy (misscarriage). I actually not very happy with the nurse too coz when i was bleeding, i called the clinic and informed the nurse i was bleeding now and on my way to their clinic. She turned me off immediately by saying in rude way "oh, u are bleeding now, don't come to us as we can't help, go A&E now"... I went NUH A&E and had D&C. The clinic also never called me to follow up.

I am pregnant again now and currently with other gynae.

Hey experience mummies, im at week 17 now, sometimes when i place my hands on my lower belly i can feel something "bubbling"... wonder isit bb moving? Or just gas? :) very hard to diiferentiate for 1st time mummy..hehe

Hey experience mummies, im at week 17 now, sometimes when i place my hands on my lower belly i can feel something "bubbling"... wonder isit bb moving? Or just gas? :) very hard to diiferentiate for 1st time mummy..hehe

Hi Bubbles, I'm 2 days away from week17. And i feel the same as u when i place my hands on my lower belly. Sometimes it feels more like bubbling, but sometimes its like 1 or 2 jabs at the same spot. I also wondering the same thing as u hahha... dunno how to differentiate.

isabella88, that sounds terrible! :( there are definitely many better ways to say things than that lor.. really crude + rude of that nurse! shame on her.. how many weeks are you at now? wishing you a smooth pregnancy!

bubbleslovebubbly, very likely baby moving there. :) you will feel more and more in time to come.

@positivelife, @isabella888, sometimes I prefer to speak to gynae directly rather than asking the nurse. Just call the clinic say that you want to make appointment with gynae, that's all. No need to explain too much. Nurse sometime only make me confused.

Back