(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Try checking your own pulse first to ensure its working? Increase the volume ? I tried it once and I could hear something faint too.. I used aloe Vera gel and it's slightly clearer.. not as clear as what u would hear at gynae though

Hi angelbel, most confinement ladies take deposit only after 1st trimester when it is more stable. My CL quoted 2.9k but my friend says she is good so I just book first since I heard too many confinement horror stories.

I am seeing Dr Irene Chua @ Gleneagles this Friday, switching from my previous gynae since I moved house and his clinic is too far, then again still thinking if I should switch back since I am familiar with him. Anyone seeing the same gynae as me?

Hi @mewowo , u have d package for dr Irene chua? N which hospital u choosing?

Is swimming ok for us ? Feel that my fitness level went down drastically the past 3 mths but my mum doesn't seem to approve when I said I want to go swimming

Swimming is good. But I won't go to public pools. Haven't been in years! Sometimes there are too many kids and water is quite dirty. And u may risk getting kicked. Unless u stay in condo with a lap pool or have access to a pool inside a club?

Swimming is relatively safe for pregnant mums. Just go easy on it. Remember to do some light stretching and warm up. I did it just right after my first trimester. And boy, I slept well after that. Google it, and you can get lots of positive feedbacks on swimming during pregnant.

Try to go during non-peaks hours. Its rather difficult now as its the school hols.

Btw, am a first time mtb. Due in april, but the april thread is just so quiet and I have been a silent reader if this may thread for quite a while. Hope I am not being chase away!

Is swimming ok for us ? Feel that my fitness level went down drastically the past 3 mths but my mum doesn't seem to approve when I said I want to go swimming

I think swimming is one of the best exercise for pregnant woman. But do it slowly. Even walking in the water is good for us. I hav yet to start. Maybe soon after my nausea goes away.

@nazriah , just join us! :)

Hi all, I am new here. For those under Dr John Yam, when did he start giving out supplements?
As he only prescribe me with multivit-ferbeaplex from week 17 onwards. No fish oil, calcium etc..

Wat a disastrous wkend. Out of the blue the dizzy spells and nausea all came back. Puked out my breakfast this morning and had not eaten much since. Now headache cos hungry but no appetite lol. Almost 16 wks and ms came back??? 不要啦。。。

Swimming is really good while preggy, but steer clear of the kids! They have surprising strength n no sense of judgement on distance haha. I kena kicked once, b4 preg. Ouch.

Wat a disastrous wkend. Out of the blue the dizzy spells and nausea all came back. Puked out my breakfast this morning and had not eaten much since. Now headache cos hungry but no appetite lol. Almost 16 wks and ms came back??? 不要啦。。。
U mean ur nausea ever stopped? I am wk15 and nause still there starting from wk8. Now having persistent headache too. Yet still have to work and pretend everything is allright in front of my customers. What a torture... :(

U mean ur nausea ever stopped? I am wk15 and nause still there starting from wk8. Now having persistent headache too. Yet still have to work and pretend everything is allright in front of my customers. What a torture... :(

Nausea was easing off, and my energy was coming back! N i nvr actually puked till today, was outside somemore. Sighs this is awful :(

cynn04, same as me! My nausea eased off at 13 weeks and came back when I was 16 weeks. Now still have.. coming 18 weeks liao leh.. :(

Hi all, I am new here. For those under Dr John Yam, when did he start giving out supplements?
As he only prescribe me with multivit-ferbeaplex from week 17 onwards. No fish oil, calcium etc..
For me, right frm e start he gave me e pink vit, fish oil n folic acid that i got frm pharmacy. 2Nd tri, when i asked him what else do i need then he gave me calcium n multi vits.

For me, right frm e start he gave me e pink vit, fish oil n folic acid that i got frm pharmacy. 2Nd tri, when i asked him what else do i need then he gave me calcium n multi vits.

My gynae prescribe fish oil and calcium after week13. When i asked what else needed he only said eat more fish, its more effective than adding fish oil dosage.. either fried or steam fish is fine..

Anyone experiencing leg cramp now? Recently feeling rather cramp maybe because the energy back in 2nd trimester and I keep walking about... And of course travelling too..

Worst that I keep craving for sweet stuffs which I used to dislike..

I go to public swimming pool once or twice a week. I just stay away from those kids by swimming in the middle of the pool rather than near the side of the pool. But last time, there was once i feel so breathless, then I pulled the string in the middle of the pool to have a rest for few seconds and take my breath first before I continue swimming. Feel a bit of panic that time. Later on, for safety reason I'd choose to swim near the side, so easier for me to rest just in case I need to. I also found if you go for swimming on weekday morning, say at around 7 am, it would be not many people there and no kids at all. Otherwise, try the time at around 6 pm, also not many people yet. But 7 pm would normally have lot more people. Avoid to go on the weekend morning after 8 am or afternoon as there will be more kids.

I go to public swimming pool once or twice a week. I just stay away from those kids by swimming in the middle of the pool rather than near the side of the pool. But last time, there was once i feel so breathless, then I pulled the string in the middle of the pool to have a rest for few seconds and take my breath first before I continue swimming. Feel a bit of panic that time. Later on, for safety reason I'd choose to swim near the side, so easier for me to rest just in case I need to. I also found if you go for swimming on weekday morning, say at around 7 am, it would be not many people there and no kids at all. Otherwise, try the time at around 6 pm, also not many people yet. But 7 pm would normally have lot more people. Avoid to go on the weekend morning after 8 am or afternoon as there will be more kids.

Swimming at 7am? Wow dat would be really cold lor!

mylilsheep, wow you can swim at such an early timing! I've no energy to wake up at such hours and trek to the public pool like that. :p

starrymommy, hahahaha..... bo bian lor... for the sake of my baby lor. In fact, it is really very hard for me to wake up that early at the beginning, but now I am get used to sleep early then wake up early. :D

starrymommy, hahahaha..... bo bian lor... for the sake of my baby lor. In fact, it is really very hard for me to wake up that early at the beginning, but now I am get used to sleep early then wake up early. :D

Wah.. how to keep up with work? Usually after swimming i will feel very tired and hungry..

Anyway, anyone feeling sore at the baby area? Today I feel abit sore.. not that bad until i cant walk but feel abit different.. ytd i had jabbing feeling at the down/ left side but thats about it. Anyone encountered soreness before?

isenggirl, soreness may mean womb is stretching. as long as no prolonged cramping feeling with bleeding, it is fine. :) I am not feeling any soreness, maybe because numb already after having 2 kids. lol! I feel some hardening of the uterus though, which is quote uncomfortable. this happens a few times a day. was worried initially, but kind of used to it now as baby still kicks all the time and no sign of any bleeding.

isenggirl, soreness may mean womb is stretching. as long as no prolonged cramping feeling with bleeding, it is fine. :) I am not feeling any soreness, maybe because numb already after having 2 kids. lol! I feel some hardening of the uterus though, which is quote uncomfortable. this happens a few times a day. was worried initially, but kind of used to it now as baby still kicks all the time and no sign of any bleeding.

Oh my.. thanks. I hope its really stretching of the womb. No bleeding or spotting or bad cramping. Hope everything is okay since my next gynae appt is still in 1 mth time. Meanwhile, trying my best to cope with work too :((

Sob i bought angel sounds but cannot find my bb heartbeat le. Anyone got this problem?

Hi all mummies to be :) *wave*
A first time mum to be, going 18wks now...
Same as Newbiemum80, i couldnt find the heartbeat too and was pretty worried.. finally heard something soft on the 2nd night (with aloe vera gel) but unsure if that's bb's heartbeat.. Like what Starrymommy mentioned, seems to be lower off the belly button region...
Gotto wait for another 3 wks for the detailed scan, hopefully will hear something stronger along the way before that! ;)

Wah.. how to keep up with work? Usually after swimming i will feel very tired and hungry..

Anyway, anyone feeling sore at the baby area? Today I feel abit sore.. not that bad until i cant walk but feel abit different.. ytd i had jabbing feeling at the down/ left side but thats about it. Anyone encountered soreness before?

For me, no swimming also feel tired and hungry. lols :) so no difference at all.

@isenggirl, saw that you have sore feeling at your tummy area from 1st tri? I have that feeling on my first tri, but I do not feel that soring anymore nore. Only sometime when I stretch my body when wake up in the morning then can feel tummy got lengthened a bit. I think you should bring it up to your gynae on your next visit, just to make sure that everything is ok.

waterh2o, welcome and congrats. :)

the heartbeat I heard using angelsounds is actually very loud! really like horses galloping, can't miss it. there were a few times when baby was nestled so low in the pubic region that I had to go all the way where my old csect scar was then heard the fast thump-thump-thump sound. and using aloe vera gel works very well. have to turn up the volume a little bit also.

here's a youtube video to teach you how to use it correctly and locate the heartbeat quickly. you can even hear the movements from baby when he/she is moving around inside!

Hi all mummies to be :) *wave*
A first time mum to be, going 18wks now...
Same as Newbiemum80, i couldnt find the heartbeat too and was pretty worried.. finally heard something soft on the 2nd night (with aloe vera gel) but unsure if that's bb's heartbeat.. Like what Starrymommy mentioned, seems to be lower off the belly button region...
Gotto wait for another 3 wks for the detailed scan, hopefully will hear something stronger along the way before that! ;)
i try to la. but dont know if it is the baby heart beat. it is soft but with 1 louder beat..i move all over from the top to the very bottom and to the left and to the right lo. this fri i going to meet my gynae..so i going to ask him where i can find the heart beat lol. hubs saying that i cant hear it cos it is not those powerful one like the gynae's ..telling me i m being very silly. grrh..angry

For me, no swimming also feel tired and hungry. lols :) so no difference at all.

@isenggirl, saw that you have sore feeling at your tummy area from 1st tri? I have that feeling on my first tri, but I do not feel that soring anymore nore. Only sometime when I stretch my body when wake up in the morning then can feel tummy got lengthened a bit. I think you should bring it up to your gynae on your next visit, just to make sure that everything is ok.

I had jabbing/ poking feeling few wks back. But now its abit soreness mixed with slight jabbing. I got some mucus discharge today. Normal color though. And actually i just had lunch at 1pm, and about 2.45pm my stomach growling again. I think its okay to keep eating as long as no vomit! But i feel both almost like concurrently. I m sure i m not alone though..... i am still waiting for the bright day to come...

the jabbing and poking feeling I have been feeling are all from baby moving about inside. he was so active last night that I hardly got any sleep. kept waking up at really odd timings to feel him move and kick! the strongest kick I felt was at 6.30am. really like a mega kick 1 inch below the navel.

the jabbing and poking feeling I have been feeling are all from baby moving about inside. he was so active last night that I hardly got any sleep. kept waking up at really odd timings to feel him move and kick! the strongest kick I felt was at 6.30am. really like a mega kick 1 inch below the navel.
wow! i wan to experience the kick too heheh. i always find it ticklish feeling or poking feeling. i told hub but he say i go crazy liao. starrymommy, u how many weeks liao huh? i forgot

I had jabbing/ poking feeling few wks back. But now its abit soreness mixed with slight jabbing. I got some mucus discharge today. Normal color though. And actually i just had lunch at 1pm, and about 2.45pm my stomach growling again. I think its okay to keep eating as long as no vomit! But i feel both almost like concurrently. I m sure i m not alone though..... i am still waiting for the bright day to come...
i m always hungry after 2 hrs. i used to order less rice from the vege rice stall, now i dont bother liao. they give me how much i eat how much. faint.

@newbiemum80, are you first time mummy? I feel baby kick at around 17 weeks but very subtle one and need to concentrate to feel that moving. Now almost at 19 weeks. I can feel it getting stronger and stronger, but I think not as strong as starrymommy liao. hahaha.....
How many weeks are you at now?

@newbiemum80, are you first time mummy? I feel baby kick at around 17 weeks but very subtle one and need to concentrate to feel that moving. Now almost at 19 weeks. I can feel it getting stronger and stronger, but I think not as strong as starrymommy liao. hahaha.....
How many weeks are you at now?
yup. i am a first time mummy. i m going to 17 wks soon. ya. is very subtle one. i need to sit up or some sitting position then i can feel it. i lie down i wont feel it. probably i quite sensitive cos usually i dont experience this before

Hi all,

Sorry. This may have been brought up before and I may have missed the thread.

But, i need recommendations for DHA Fish Oil supplements.
To be taken once hit 2nd tri, right?

Hi all,

Sorry. This may have been brought up before and I may have missed the thread.

But, i need recommendations for DHA Fish Oil supplements.
To be taken once hit 2nd tri, right?
Yup, but I have taken fish oil even on my first tri. I eat the GNC prenatal program that comes with fish oil. Recently, I bought prenatal DHA from Nordic and it got promo comes with a glass bottle for the baby. :)

newbiemum80, I'm 18 weeks tmr. didn't feel this intensity in baby movements with previous 2. somehow feeling more with this one. I was actually lying flat on my back when I felt his mega kick. placed my hand over the bump and he did it again, strong enough for my hand to feel it too! strong little fella. haha!

lil_mermaid, I started once hit 2nd tri. I read that we need minimum 1000mg of DHA daily. depending on the potency of the fish oil you are having, you may need more than 1 pill a day.

newbiemum80, I'm 18 weeks tmr. didn't feel this intensity in baby movements with previous 2. somehow feeling more with this one. I was actually lying flat on my back when I felt his mega kick. placed my hand over the bump and he did it again, strong enough for my hand to feel it too! strong little fella. haha!

lil_mermaid, I started once hit 2nd tri. I read that we need minimum 1000mg of DHA daily. depending on the potency of the fish oil you are having, you may need more than 1 pill a day.
we are 1 week difference. i m going to b wk 17 tml lolx.

Yup, but I have taken fish oil even on my first tri. I eat the GNC prenatal program that comes with fish oil. Recently, I bought prenatal DHA from Nordic and it got promo comes with a glass bottle for the baby. :)
ImageUploadedByForum1417427958.089182.jpg

Is it this one?

Im currently taking blackmores. So on top of that, i can eat this nordic dha?

Hi,

Which brand ur taking?

It seems only my gynae told me to take enough supplements but not too much. He said not scientifically proven that our body can absorb that much. Eat fish is much better. I am taking once a day only. Hmm..

@starrymommy im going to week 17 in few days more. Can't wait to feel my baby poking n kicking feeling. I didn't buy the angel sounds but my hubby tried to use his ear to touch my tummy and listen the baby heart beat. He told me he only manage to listen my tummy is digesting sounds "gu lu gu lu" only. Haha

yup. i am a first time mummy. i m going to 17 wks soon. ya. is very subtle one. i need to sit up or some sitting position then i can feel it. i lie down i wont feel it. probably i quite sensitive cos usually i dont experience this before
This is my 17th week and I could feel bb movement 2 days ago. Its like butterfly fluttering very subtle movement.

Mylilsheep, may I know where u buy the nordic prenatal dha with promo pls?

maybe different gender this time? :D I'm 18 weeks tomorrow, nausea not as bad as last week this time.

Haha yah mayb a boy this time? Yours more or less a boy right? Nearly puked on the bus this evening w the mad driver jam braking all the time. Good news is someone gave up his seat for me!

It seems only my gynae told me to take enough supplements but not too much. He said not scientifically proven that our body can absorb that much. Eat fish is much better. I am taking once a day only. Hmm..

@isenggirl, my gynae oso told me better to eat food directly rather than eating supplements. But I told my gynae that I rarely cook and I have all my meal outside. He said outside food might not enough. I have no choice since I am still renting a room and not allowed to cook. So I think better to have something to supplement.

Back