(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

u can try zhu jie 90765538
siew choo 81934786 or +60167904167

i posted them quite sometime ago. so not sure if they are taken up already or not. they are recommend by my neighbours

Thank you very much! I'll go for my Oscar scan on next Mon. Can't wait for the scanning and the result as it'll be marked that I overcome my 1st trimester :)

Do you ladies have difficulty in breathing at night when you sleep? Was always waken by the shortness of breath!

I've a bit of breathing difficulties at night too. sometimes out of the blue in the day also. read online that this is very normal, just make sure it isn't a 24/7 occurrence. our body is producing so much more blood now so it makes sense that we need to breath in more oxygen as well.

Re: Oscar Test
just went for mine yesterday at NUH Fetal Care Centre. cost $267.50 for the whole thing (scan + blood test). the nurses were all so friendly and accommodating! we saw baby touching his/her face during the scan and moved a bit but that was it 'cos seemed to be sleeping! had to cough a bit to make baby move so that the sonographer could get a good reading. the sonographer also mentioned that she saw something between the legs. haha! blood test was almost painless as the nurse who attended to me was really very very gentle. overall a very pleasant experience with the NUH team!

Thank you very much! I'll go for my Oscar scan on next Mon. Can't wait for the scanning and the result as it'll be marked that I overcome my 1st trimester :)
u r most welcome. i did not go for oscar scan. the gynae only measure the neck thickness of the baby. then ask me to go for blood test during my next visit. according to m BIL, the blood test is about 200 plus i think. it is to test the chances of DS and if the calcium + iron is sufficient in my body.

just went for mine yesterday at NUH Fetal Care Centre. cost $267.50 for the whole thing (scan + blood test). the nurses were all so friendly and accommodating! we saw baby touching his/her face during the scan and moved a bit but that was it 'cos seemed to be sleeping! had to cough a bit to make baby move so that the sonographer could get a good reading. the sonographer also mentioned that she saw something between the legs. haha! blood test was almost painless as the nurse who attended to me was really very very gentle. overall a very pleasant experience with the NUH team!
starrymommy, great experience yaa..... So is ur bb a boy? I get the report from my oscar test, then saw one ultrasound picture with baby open leg, but cannot sure is boy or girl. Some said looks like boy, others said like girl. hahaha......

mylilsheep, still not confirmed yet. see if gynae can tell me more when I see him next week to go through the blood test results. if boy, we will know very soon! when's your next scan/review?

mylilsheep, still not confirmed yet. see if gynae can tell me more when I see him next week to go through the blood test results. if boy, we will know very soon! when's your next scan/review?

@starrymommy, my next appointment would be on 10 Nov, so still waiting for another week plus. Yesterday, I talked to hubby, whether or not we want to keep the gender of the baby unknown until birth and make it as a surprise just like the olden days . hahaha.... He said he could not wait.

Remember to drink some orange juice half an hour before the scan so that baby is active and you will be able to see more "action". :)

why orange juice? I do not eat and only drink plain water before my oscar scan. Baby oredy very active liao ..... mebbe baby was hungry. lols....

that was what I was told to do, to ensure baby is active during the scan. I forgot to drink and I think baby was sleepy! haha!

I am starting to feel a routine from this baby already. usually feel the movements inside early in the morning. then around 1pm onwards, it is like sleep/nap time?? didn't feel anything. consistent with what I saw during Oscar scan yesterday at 3pm. then later part of the evening till night time, those tiny little nudges will start coming on and off once more.

yes! very surprised. also felt movements from #1 and #2 around late 10 weeks - 11 weeks onwards. you will know it is not gas when you feel it. gas will travel downwards, baby kicks usually at one particular spot. the feeling is wonderful! hope you will get to feel them very soon too. :)

Dats great news :) I mus remember to drink orange juice or cold drinks before my oscar in another 2 weeks time. The last time for my gal, we were stuck in the room for a long time cos she was sleeping and uncooperative. Are you delivering at NUH?

It's exciting to feel the movements so soon! Look forward to that day for me.

cynn04, not delivering there 'cos my gynae can't do deliveries in a government hospital. he can only do private, so it's Mt A for me. actually I prefer NUH 'cos it is so much nearer to my place. plus the team there is fantastic. however, the food isn't good though. very "mass produced" and not fresh at all. Mt A / TMC etc private hospitals' food menu is way, way better in comparison.

@starrymommy Oh your oscar test is much cheaper than what I was quoted. I remember seeing like $400+ at my gynae's! NUH is oso quite near me, meaning you stay in the west side too?

Not sure about the food at NUH, but TMC's food is indeed good. So may go back to my old gynae there for delivery after all, at least familiar...

Yes I also like the nurses at NUH however since I am a subsidized patient, I don't get to see then same doc. Some good some quite abrupt so really depends on your luck. I am going to skip the Oscar test and do the Harmony test instead. NUH charges $900 plus, cheaper than other private hospitals?

My SIL said it will peak around 10-11 weeks and true enough, my sickness got worse at 10 weeks but start to subside beginning of 12 week. I am almost 13 week now & can feel each day getting better. So hang on and don't worry too much :)

Thank you all for the encouragement.
Feels good to have fellow mummies understanding what I'm going thru. Sigh really trying to endure every single day....

cynn04, $400+ is expensive. it includes 20 weeks scan maybe? otherwise shouldn't be so ex leh. i stay in the west also. :)

momocrv, same rate for Harmony if tag along private hospitals. 'cos blood samples will be sent to US for testing so rate is probably pretty standard.

happycsk, i'm 13 weeks along and MS seems to have gone! so look forward to 2nd tri okay? things will get better!

cynn04, $400+ is expensive. it includes 20 weeks scan maybe? otherwise shouldn't be so ex leh. i stay in the west also. :)

momocrv, same rate for Harmony if tag along private hospitals. 'cos blood samples will be sent to US for testing so rate is probably pretty standard.

happycsk, i'm 13 weeks along and MS seems to have gone! so look forward to 2nd tri okay? things will get better!

I'm also choosing private. My gynae has his own clinic at Novena Medical Centre. The Oscar scan charge is $400+, Harmony is 1.2k.

@starrymommy thanks for the tips for the orange juice. I think i'll give it a try on next Mon. Haha!

yes, need to book early if you have any preferred one in mind, especially those highly recommended by friends for they are usually booked pretty fast. alternatively, you can opt for those agency ones like PEM.

Doraemon_mummy, I also with him ..... ;)
Last time he referred me oscar scan at TMC Novena plus FA at week 20 for almost S$500. He said oscar scan about $300-400, but I have not check with TMC themselves what is the price if I just take oscar scan.
Glad to know that we are with the same gynae. ☺

This time they told the Oscar scan will be done at Novena Medical Centre. Not really sure the exact location. Will update more after I've done the Oscar scan on next monday :)

Cynn04.. when did u deliver ur elder kid ? Which year? I delivered at 2010 and food wasnt that great

i delivered in nov 2011. Was happy with the food, maybe nows its better? but i feel e nurses at TMC all very harried, not rude or wat, but very busy and always take quite long to respond.

Aiyo y e oscar tests pricing all different ah. Later i go n dbl chk with my gynae again.

think it's because TMC is like the default place to go to for Oscar, some more private hospital, so more expensive. NUH is government hospital so much cheaper bah. haven't went to both, I really prefer NUH. staff there much friendlier.

I heard the same of nurses in TMC, also back in Year 2011. somehow the hospital was like overbooked. my gf was having contractions but the labour ward was full! so she had to wait outside the labour ward till there was an empty bed for her. there were also like 2 or 3 other mummies "queuing" for bed. she wasn't very happy about it as she was in a lot of pain but had no choice but to "ren" until it was her turn. I was thinking, if really no bed how huh? give birth outside along corridor?? Lol!

Dats awful! Imagine having to bear w e contractions without epidural… i asked for epidural immediately upon reaching labour ward lol

I think nov 2011 was a very bz month cos got 3 special dates 1.11.11, 11.11.11 and 20.11.2011. My nurse said those few days super bz. Luckily my gal born end of nov so "traffic" eased off somewhat and i had a room to myself even tho its 2 bedder

yah it was bad.. she had to wait outside in pain! I'd go straight for epidural too. I know there are many pro-naturalists here who will say endure it throughout, but no thanks. I have felt the contraction pains at 7cm dilation before and it was no fun. I want a stress-free, pain-free, no-sweat and zero-moaning labour this time round. :D

Tats so scary..... somehow i started to feel worry now and not ready being pregnant and having a baby.

Btw, I still have not decided yet where to deliver. Just book hospital tour at TMC next week. Then will do hospital tour at Mt A too for comparison....

Tats so scary..... somehow i started to feel worry now and not ready being pregnant and having a baby.

Btw, I still have not decided yet where to deliver. Just book hospital tour at TMC next week. Then will do hospital tour at Mt A too for comparison....

don't worry! things will work out fine, I'm sure! don't think the hospital staff will just let you deliver baby along corridor lah, bad press for them. :p still another 6 months to go before we pop.. just enjoy the ride and savour every moment. 'cos I know for sure I will miss this period once baby is out. :)

yah it was bad.. she had to wait outside in pain! I'd go straight for epidural too. I know there are many pro-naturalists here who will say endure it throughout, but no thanks. I have felt the contraction pains at 7cm dilation before and it was no fun. I want a stress-free, pain-free, no-sweat and zero-moaning labour this time round. :D

Yeah me too! Wow 7cm?? Faintzzzz… so your second birth was much faster than first?

Sorry for scaring you! But truth is, once you hold your baby in your arms, everything is just worth it. Cliche i know, but true :)

ya....hopefully. but my sisters said you will miss the period when the baby still inside ur tummy when baby is out. but before you will miss the period when you were not pregnant when you are pregnant. Then when the baby is growing and start to walk/ crawl, you will miss the period when the baby only can sleep and drink milk.

my #1 was a breech baby, so I had csect at Mt Alvernia, no exciting story to share. basically, while I slept, my girl was out. lol! Mt A staff and nurses were fabulous. I actually felt a little disappointed when I had to leave the hospital.

for #2, she was a preemie at 30 weeks and I went straight into NUH A&E. she was supposed to share the same birthdate as my #1 via csect as well, exactly one year apart but this girl super drama, couldn't wait to get out. went through a successful VBAC though! the NUH team is very pro-natural. when I said I felt the pain, the midwife told me to use laughing gas. refused to call for epi for me. I had to demand for it! by the time I was given epi, I was already 7cm dilated and in a lot of pain. had endured on and off contractions for 3 days while warded at Mt A where they tried to stop contractions but failed. so all these took a toll on me and I just wanted relief from it all. and wow, once I had epi, I could sleep for a while! then when it was time to push, she came out very fast 'cos very small sized.

generally speaking, subsequent labours will be shorter. think my experiences above are a bit out of the norm, so I really have no idea how long both labours would have taken if they were allowed to run the course naturally. how was your experience like?

mylilsheep, what your sisters said is very very true! when my daughters were mere infants, I couldn't wait for them to start walking and talking. when they started running and talking non-stop, I wished time would turn back and I'd have newborns in my arms all over again. hahaha!

Oh, i had too much epi for my son. Couldn't feel anything at all. When gynae said push, i can only pretended to haha. This time will use less epi, so at least can feel something.

i delivered in nov 2011. Was happy with the food, maybe nows its better? but i feel e nurses at TMC all very harried, not rude or wat, but very busy and always take quite long to respond.

Aiyo y e oscar tests pricing all different ah. Later i go n dbl chk with my gynae again.

Heard that 2011 2012 tmc improve but 2013 standard drop again as mt E novena open and many nurses went over.. so i also not sure where to go ..

mylilsheep, what your sisters said is very very true! when my daughters were mere infants, I couldn't wait for them to start walking and talking. when they started running and talking non-stop, I wished time would turn back and I'd have newborns in my arms all over again. hahaha!
@starrymommy, you will have another newborn to hold on your arms soon. By the time you could just stop the time ..... lols.....

@mylilsheep : Thanks for the info:). Wow so fast book the hospital tour? I only plan to do so when reaching end of the 2nd trimester. Haha!

Back