(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi Ah_O,
Welcome to this thread.. :) I tested last Monday positive n went to gynae on the same day coz I have pcos so I scare I might hv low hormone or anything.. As this is my first pregnancy.. Based on my apps calculation my edd shld be the same as Urs.. :) I still undergoing injection to increase my hormone level n so far my hormone n hcg (baby hormone) are doing fine.. Praying every single day to hope my lil beanie is growing well.. Hopefully next week I can hv a scan too..
Wow.... hi ah o and lady Chris. .... We all have same edd! ! :)

Hello all! Who knows we might end up meeting each other in the maternal ward. Wishing I can fast forward time to Nov. Can't wait to get past first trims.

Hi mummies,
How do you manage ur housework plus take care of a active toddler without a helper? normal days already so tiring, now coupled with the fatigue of 1st trimester, it is even tougher. The only lucky thing is I don't experience major ms same as previous pregnancy.

Before I had my current helper (she joined us 1 month after #2 was born) came, i had my mum to help me with my #1. Was working full time all along and before my maternity leave ended for #1, I got pregnant with #2. It was really tough. Hubby helped with the housework and my #1 stayed over at my parents' place temporarily so that I can rest well at night. Are you able to make such arrangement?

Wow.... hi ah o and lady Chris. .... We all have same edd! ! :)

Good morn ladies... Yes I can't wait 1st trimester to over and share the good news with my frens..! I pray Tt my 1st trim will go smoothly too.. :) so how any m/s of Urs??

Hi rayrachel I will PM u my email.. Thanks! :)

Starry mommy, my mil is currently helping me with my boy in the day..but she's also taking care of 2 other niece n nephew who are also very young. My mum is not gd with kids though. Also, i bu se de Leave him overnight cos with the arrival of no. 2 I already feel bad not giving him enough time. Haiz.

Ray Rachel, can I join the fb group too? Will pm u.

I'm feeling so tired and exhausted everyday
My boyfriend told me I'm thinking too much
The baby is not even big yet , how can I feel tired now? He told me that

Is it true that I'm thinking too much
I feel so exhausted easily these days after walking for long etc. I used to be able to run marathons and is known to have long stamina. But now everything seems so tiring to do

I feel so exhausted easily these days after walking for long etc. I used to be able to run marathons and is known to have long stamina. But now everything seems so tiring to do
hi mommymich, it is normal to feel very tired and exhausted during your first trisemester. I also feeling the same, especially on week 5-6-7 ..... I am always nodding at office and cannot keep my eye open. Even walk back home feel no energy at all. They said you feel very tired because your body creating a new life inside from scratch, creating baby's heart and pump all the blood to feed ur baby as well. So u might wonder the mechanism is not that simple though. My gynae also told me that it will be over after we passed the first trisemester ..... can't wait to pass my first trisemester. :)

Just take rest as long as you can. I am even now sleep at around 7-8 pm at night, then wake up at 6 am the next day. Lols.... I cannot imagine i sleep for almost 12 hours a day. haha... like a baby.

ikuko28, I understand perfectly on the 舍不得 part. It's hard.. but I also learnt the hard way that sometimes we need to let go temporarily. Think this overnight stay for my #1 with my mum left me more affected than my child! The bonding can continue after the pregnancy is more stable. Better focus on getting as much rest as you can first. :)

lady_chris, congrats and welcome! We are all holding on for 2nd trimester. 4 more weeks for me to go. *counting down* :D My MS isn't as bad as some of the mummies here. Been gagging and retching but yet to vomit out anything! Appetite still as good as ever and I've gained 2kg?? How are you holding up so far?

It's normal to feel tired during 1st trimester! Show your bf this article. http://www.babycenter.com/0_fatigue-during-pregnancy_2911.bc

hi mommymich, it is normal to feel very tired and exhausted during your first trisemester. I also feeling the same, especially on week 5-6-7 ....

Good to know that I'm not alone! I kept feeling sleepy in meetings, trying hard not to doze off. Even my boss noticed and asked if I am ok. Can't tell her the truth yet.. :S I sleep before 10pm these days and yet still feel sleepy in the day. Early bedtime also mean sleeping with my dinner still in my tummy!

ah_o, if you are eating well, then don't need to take any maternal milk as you will tend to put on more weight drinking it. and the taste is actually quite sweet. if you are adverse to sweet stuffs now, you may find it very cloying and nausea-inducing.

lady_chris, congrats and welcome! We are all holding on for 2nd trimester. 4 more weeks for me to go. *counting down* :D My MS isn't as bad as some of the mummies here. Been gagging and retching but yet to vomit out anything! Appetite still as good as ever and I've gained 2kg?? How are you holding up so far?[/QUOTE]

Hi Starrymommy, so not much m/s for me.. At times I will feel stomach blasted and feel like vomiting but nothing come out.. I won't be like Sooo tired.. I will go to bed ard 11pm.. Though sound late but I am a night owl so is kinda change for me.. And not too mention my weekend I usually slept till 12-2pm max.. But now I woke up 8am during the weekend.. Quite surprise to me! N appetite quite ok.. Not too bad but I crave for salty & fried food instead of sweet stuff (used to be sweet tooth) so unhealthy for me but trying to control.. Eh till now I don't think I gain any weight... So hopefully won't increase much during the 1st trim..
Btw how many weeks are you?? When is ur edd?? :)

dancing, i am also a caffeine addict! i love my morning and afternoon cups of coffee. but for 1st trimester, i really try hard to cut it to max 1 small cup a day. some days if i feel ok, i try not to drink at all. so difficult.. but have to endure.

rayrachel, i'm expecting my #3. :)
Coffee is like my life and I'm seriously struggling to quit too. I'm keeping to just 1 cup every morning and hopefully should not do much damage....

Other than fatigue, I also noticed that I'm consistently feeling cold. So cold that I have to keep my air con at 27° low or off when I'm in the office. Not sure if it's the weather or I'm falling sick or its really part of the pregnancy package. Anyone else feeling the same thing?

lady_chris, i'm 8 weeks along now. edd 5 May. me too craving for fried food! chicken wings, seaweed chicken, popcorn chicken, fries etc. so sinful..

B0mbie, struggling is the word.. i have went 3 days without coffee already. really want to have a cup.

ah_o, it is normal to feel cold at this stage. later on you will feel HOT! :)

Hahahha.. Ah_O you are not alone.. Me too.. Feeling cold too.. I tot I am falling sick but as Starrymommy said we will be HOT mama when we are bigger.. LOL!! :D

during 3rd tri, i had to on aircon to 24 degrees plus high and on ceiling fan full blast to feel comfortable sleeping. poor hubby said he was like sleeping in a fridge. lol!

Other than fatigue, I also noticed that I'm consistently feeling cold. So cold that I have to keep my air con at 27° low or off when I'm in the office. Not sure if it's the weather or I'm falling sick or its really part of the pregnancy package. Anyone else feeling the same thing?
Same!
I keep turning off the air con at my work place and get scolded
They told me I'm too skinny haha !

Hmm I can relate coz I feel so cold in air con environment. esp at night. I can feel my temperature rising but I still feel so cold. Until my husband ask me if I am ok or am I developing fever coz I cover myself with blanket but my temp is so hot. I also worry if it's fever coz it's so chilly even with only fan on. :(

Last edited:
my EDD is 12 May. my hub DOB is 11 May and mine is 6 May..hopefully it falls in btween hehe. is my first bb after my M/C earlier this yr. the fetus doesnt grow so had to take it out. hope this one will b smooth n everything is ok.

so far i feel cold too even when i feel my temperature rising. not sure if it is normal too. i constantly feel tired too. is like i can sleep whole day. my appetite is on and off. sometimes i can eat alot and i still feel hungry. sometimes i just dont feel like eating at all. not sure if this is normal too

Wow whole family is May babies!

I feel my appetite come and go too.
For some reason I am not as tired this week. This is my second week off caffeine so perhaps I am coping better. Last week was ultra sleepy for me. Beginning this week I felt like myself again and absolutely normal and the loss in symptoms scares me to be honest.

@Eeznyl hugs. For my previous pregnancy, the scan at 8th week showed a crescent sac. Baby had no heartbeat and didn't grow. When doc said d&c, i teared. My mind stayed blank for rest of the day.
my first MC, the sac is normal. the baby din have a heart beat at that time too so i need to do a D&C..i keep praying for a mircale to happen but it din. so in the end i go tru the op which is a nightmare for me until now.

ikuko28, I understand perfectly on the 舍不得 part. It's hard.. but I also learnt the hard way that sometimes we need to let go temporarily. Think this overnight stay for my #1 with my mum left me more affected than my child! The bonding can continue after the pregnancy is more stable. Better focus on getting as much rest as you can first. :)

lady_chris, congrats and welcome! We are all holding on for 2nd trimester. 4 more weeks for me to go. *counting down* :D My MS isn't as bad as some of the mummies here. Been gagging and retching but yet to vomit out anything! Appetite still as good as ever and I've gained 2kg?? How are you holding up so far?

Yes can't wait for 2nd trimester!! 4 more weeks for me too. Time pass quickly ahhh

my EDD is 12 May. my hub DOB is 11 May and mine is 6 May..hopefully it falls in btween hehe. is my first bb after my M/C earlier this yr. the fetus doesnt grow so had to take it out. hope this one will b smooth n everything is ok.

so far i feel cold too even when i feel my temperature rising. not sure if it is normal too. i constantly feel tired too. is like i can sleep whole day. my appetite is on and off. sometimes i can eat alot and i still feel hungry. sometimes i just dont feel like eating at all. not sure if this is normal too
I feel cold sometimes but energy wise i am still ok...my tcm doc advise to take chicken essence on daily basis if you feel tired or dizzy.

Hi all,
Was tested positive last sat, went gynae e same day as i have pcos n i dunno how far i am preggy n this is my 1st. According to e beanie size, i am abt 8wks, edd 2nd may.

Hi all,
Was tested positive last sat, went gynae e same day as i have pcos n i dunno how far i am preggy n this is my 1st. According to e beanie size, i am abt 8wks, edd 2nd may.

Hi Polarwhite80, do you know ur ovulation date?? If yes will be easier to know.. If not ask gynae.. When they scan.. They sure know.. :) we have pcos so the edd date might not be accurate..

hi polarwhite80, congrats and welcome! do you know when is the 1st day of your last period? can count from there quite easily too. :)

Yup, think the pregnancy hormones is getting me really emo... haha, cos this one is really unplanned, my plan is much later at least till my current boy is reaching 3 as i want more exclusive time with him. Now think about it, their age gap is going to be 2 years old exactly. My no. 1 is also a May baby. Think by then, i will start pulling hair. :D

Coffee is like my life and I'm seriously struggling to quit too. I'm keeping to just 1 cup every morning and hopefully should not do much damage....

Haha, B0mbie, dun worry too much. Before i got tested positive, i was having beer like every weekend and 3-4 cups of coffee every day...hmm, think my damage is even bigger. :(

Btw, any mummies having a change in skin condition? My skin on the face suddenly turns very itchy with some red bumps. During my first pregnancy, i don't face this issue though.

Hi lady_chris,
I dunno my ovulation date cos my menses very irregular. Thats why my gynae based on e beanie size.

Hi starrymommy,
My lmp is 17th jul but is "triggered" by duphaston. Due to my irregular menses, i was put on daily dosage of metformin n duphaston every 2mths if my menses did not come.

Hi newbiemuum80,
yes, duphaston help to secure the pregnancy also. But it helps my menses to come, dunno how it works though. My gynae told me even i got preggy, both metformin n duphaston will not harm my bb.

ikuko_28, with my #1, i experienced this weird rash all over my face around 4 weeks pregnant. tiny red bumps in patches all over. really very unsightly. and that happened during the CNY also. imagine i had to do visitations during that time. really looked horrible. lasted for about a week. hope yours will subside soon. just apply gentle eczema cream over the spots/rash.

polarwhite80, means can count based on LMP still? or not. really not familiar with triggered menses. think based on u/s scan should be quite accurate.

Hi starrymommy,
My gynae spent a few mins trying to count based on lmp. In the end, i told her juz count based on beanie size, the edd might change as we go along. Seriously i dun even know when my lmp is, when my ovulation date etc. i have e same question as u, do i count that triggered menses as my lmp or not. But then doesnt matter as long as beanie is heathly.

Hi all, quick qn. I'm into my 8th week but a bit worried cos I don't have any pregnancy symptoms like ms or nausea or cravings. I don't feel... pregnant. My next gynae appt is mid oct but I really can't wait to know how the babe is doing.

Hi rayrachel,
i nvr mark down the dates we did. We let nature take its course. Since i cant count my period or ovulation date, we juz do when the feeling come. Hahaha.

newbiemum80, monitor it a bit and see if it goes away. light spotting is quite common.. but if it becomes heavier then better go and see gynae. hope no major issue for you!

littleladybug, likely you are one of the rare few with no pregnancy symptoms! for a peace of mind, can bring forward your appointment?

Hi Polarwhite80, hmmm since you don't know which date than trust your gynae than shld not be wrong.. Relax ya! You shld be fine! :) enjoy this amazing journey!

Hi everyone!!! Such happening threads here hehe. Been reading on previous posts from you gals n thus decided to just drop a msg here.. :)

Im new here n this my first pregnancy at 7wks n Edd is 14 May. Seeing Dr john yam at gleneagles.

Haha, B0mbie, dun worry too much. Before i got tested positive, i was having beer like every weekend and 3-4 cups of coffee every day...hmm, think my damage is even bigger. :(
Hi ikuko_28, talking about beer... I drink quite a fair bit before I'm tested positive but have since stopped. It's tough to give up all my fav beverages but I guess it's the power of mother's love. I never knew I could do it until now

It's normal to feel tired during 1st trimester! Show your bf this article. http://www.babycenter.com/0_fatigue-during-pregnancy_2911.bc
I'm feeling dying from tiredness.. Just a 10 min walk can make me feel breathless..

hi mommymich, it is normal to feel very tired and exhausted during your first trisemester. I also feeling the same, especially on week 5-6-7 ..... I am always nodding at office and cannot keep my eye open. Even walk back home feel no energy at all. They said you feel very tired because your body creating a new life inside from scratch, creating baby's heart and pump all the blood to feed ur baby as well. So u might wonder the mechanism is not that simple though. My gynae also told me that it will be over after we passed the first trisemester ..... can't wait to pass my first trisemester. :)

Just take rest as long as you can. I am even now sleep at around 7-8 pm at night, then wake up at 6 am the next day. Lols.... I cannot imagine i sleep for almost 12 hours a day. haha... like a baby.
4 more weeks to go.. I'm pretty similar to you.. Working on 50% energy now.. But 200% workload.. Very tired but I dont sleep a lot.. Bb is a early riser, can wake up at 5 plus kind.. While the mummy is a lazy bum who used to sleep a lot...

hi bubbleslovebubbly, welcome and congrats. :)

booy, me too feeling the fatigue whole day everyday this week. tired to move but not tired enough to sleep. plus i am like 8w3d today and the nausea seems to be getting worse for me.

Back