(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I do not dare to introduce the pacifier to LO. Hubby is also against the idea.

On a side note, how much EBM or FM is your 3w old drinking per session? My LO is drinking about 110ml and I'm wondering if it's too much.
My bb is 2weeks old, her intake average is 70-80ml. But I always give her a short break after 40-50ml else she tends to leak.

I think not every feed got air / wind to burp out leh. My LO changed 3 top within 1hr, burped 2x and can still puke. Sometimes nv burp nv puke, so odd...

so u succumbed.. lol

Yes i did... At least once a night after latching the pacifier comes in handy. Other times he jus spit out 'asking' for the real thing with milk! Really smart ah... My mom says she dont remember kids in the past being so smart -.-""""
Indirect shoot in d face by her..

Is it every time baby will burp after bottle feed? I find the burping is a challenge especially during mid nite where I can spend 15 to 20 mins burping but still unsuccessful.

Actually sometimes i put baby sit up, den lean back 45degree for 2seconds, den put back straight up will burp. Duno if it helps, can try.. I max burp bb is like 5mins den i give up...

Yes i did... At least once a night after latching the pacifier comes in handy. Other times he jus spit out 'asking' for the real thing with milk! Really smart ah... My mom says she dont remember kids in the past being so smart -.-""""
Indirect shoot in d face by her..

yes my mom also commented e same, dhe couldnt rem her kids in e past being so active and so smart. My bb can mo her body towards left and crossed her leg when she was only 1 wk old.. then she is v alert too. Open her eyes just after delivered. She said my bb is like 3 mths old instead of 1-2 weeks old. Haha mayb all the vitamins/ supplements we took during pregnancy bah..

Been having fever up & down for 4days, kids at home all sick... LO having jab later, he's d only one not having fever.
Any idea if Hep B dose 2 will have chance cause fever? Scare the kids pass to him after jab too...arrrgghh

Been having fever up & down for 4days, kids at home all sick... LO having jab later, he's d only one not having fever.
Any idea if Hep B dose 2 will have chance cause fever? Scare the kids pass to him after jab too...arrrgghh

The nurse at the poly mentioned that the hep b dose 2 is not fever kinda injection, unlike the 5 in 1. And my daughter was alrite after the injection. No fever at all.

Oh dear! Pls take care! My boy having flu n lots of phlegm in his throat. He can't sleep well at nite n so do I. Hope you n ur kids get well soon.

Take care @furbee!

I am wondering if any babies fart a lot... My baby girl fart a lot and sometimes she got frightened by herself and cried. Is it common?

We tried the gripe water but does seems to make the stomach smaller and after that she fart a lot! Common?

Take care @furbee!

I am wondering if any babies fart a lot... My baby girl fart a lot and sometimes she got frightened by herself and cried. Is it common?

We tried the gripe water but does seems to make the stomach smaller and after that she fart a lot! Common?

my boy fart a lot too.. I thought its good as its sort of getting rid of the wind in the stomach..

Any good warmer to recommend? Currently using pigeon manual one. Have to set at 70 deg and monitor the milk temp manually. Takes about 4 mins to heat up 50 ml of milk. Think it's too long.

Any good warmer to recommend? Currently using pigeon manual one. Have to set at 70 deg and monitor the milk temp manually. Takes about 4 mins to heat up 50 ml of milk. Think it's too long.

My avent warmer oso took very long so I nvr use it anymore. Might be easier to just use a cup of hot water.

Take care @furbee!

My baby farts a lot too....(esp during the 1st month) I didn't think much abt it as I am a 'farter' myself. Hahhaha....
I have always think farting is healthy, so no issue for me. My baby sometimes smile after she farts. Like feel sooo relieve like that. Hehhehe... there was also a couple of time when she got startled by her own loud fart. I find it funny. Hehhehe

Hot water in a cup is the best warmer I find. Cheap and fast and no need extra space to store the warmer.

@missyblueberry, yup. Normal for babies to fart a lot.

My girl farts a lot too and sometimes it's very smelly! There were a few occasions when I was changing her diaper and she farted right onto my face. Duh.

When I took my expressed milk from the fridge and I put in the warmer, how long can I put there for? I was thinking of putting it in the warmer after each feed in order to prepare for the next feed so that I don't have to rush to warm it each time he's hungry, especially during midnight.

Also, my LO cord is dropping, now dangling. But his belly button there got a little bit of blood. PD got give me some powder to apply so that he won't get infection which I did. Is that little bit of blood normal?

When I took my expressed milk from the fridge and I put in the warmer, how long can I put there for? I was thinking of putting it in the warmer after each feed in order to prepare for the next feed so that I don't have to rush to warm it each time he's hungry, especially during midnight.

Also, my LO cord is dropping, now dangling. But his belly button there got a little bit of blood. PD got give me some powder to apply so that he won't get infection which I did. Is that little bit of blood normal?
For the first two weeks after birth, i was practising what u did too to avoid panic and rush esp during night feeds. When my mother started scolding us for doing that and asking us to pour away left over milk after every feed, i asked my pd and he said best to only keep for one hour max and unfortunately have to discard the unused. So now nightfeeds are definitely more chaotic but i guess we r nt taking any chances as germs may breed if we leave milk in the warmer in the open.

My girl's bellybutton has some dried blood after her umbilical cord fell off too. We just gently wipe with alcohol swab and clean during bath time...

My boy got flu n I hear lots of phlegm stuck between his nose n throat. Already went to pd. Pd said too young can't take medicine. Anyone know how?

@gleaflim , by right infant will auto recover, no need medication... Jus continue regular feeds. By right it wont last longer den a week. Doc got mentioned to go back if nv recover?? Or wat r the next course of action?

Thanks @nazriah jus went for the jab, ya supposed to b no fever! So hope i and the 5 monsters at home dont spead to him.. Lol.

I aso use warm water in cup.. My old tollyjoy warmer aso took long time to warm, n sum times get too hot! By right within 3 mins in cup n swirl abit will do...

Ya normal to have blood, after drop aso will have blood. After dropping, Doc recommended me to use cotton ball with warm water to gently pull open the belly button n wipe n after use the powder. Takes a few days to totally no blood n dry up..

I tink quite normal, sometimes latch longer for comfort n nt really drinking.. Mine same. Once i see his throat not moving means he not swallowing i will unlatch..or can see if got milk at side of mouth means still drinking.

I also use hot water in a cup ! Lol.. Cos sometimes warmer really too slow, or when im outside i jus bring hot water flask, but is not boiling hot lah, just mayb like 80 degree kind.
Sometimes jus need close 2 eyes, since u alr pay for her service, later she not happy anyhow anyhow u more headache. Ya jus complain here to us or ur family lor.... Sigh.

I also use pigeon warmer for my #1 and LO now. when I set the temp beyond 40 for ebm my CL will nag at me say cannot so hot, too hot the nutrients will lost. She always set to abt 40 or lesser or place ebm in a cup of warm water. We also learn the duration for LO sleep and wakeup. Nowaday we wakeup LO every 3-4 hr after sleeping, and manage to warm ebm in time.

@furbee, thanks. I see my boy can't sleep well at nite coz of the phlegm make me really helpless. Every time he poo, I will wash his backside with water instead of wet tissue. But only do so on day time. Can this be the cause of his flu?

For the first two weeks after birth, i was practising what u did too to avoid panic and rush esp during night feeds. When my mother started scolding us for doing that and asking us to pour away left over milk after every feed, i asked my pd and he said best to only keep for one hour max and unfortunately have to discard the unused. So now nightfeeds are definitely more chaotic but i guess we r nt taking any chances as germs may breed if we leave milk in the warmer in the open.

My girl's bellybutton has some dried blood after her umbilical cord fell off too. We just gently wipe with alcohol swab and clean during bath time...

I expressed bm as well. But i keep in seperate containers with 70ml each for LO each time. At least the wastage is minimal if got left over. Depend on her needs, will add on more to each container from time to time.

@gleaflim i dont think he caught flu jus from washing butt... Might haf lotsa factors, like aircon, fan, dust, etc.
My. LO sneezes alot when its dusty. Even having a air purifier didnt help much. Sometimes his flu leaks one day n stop the next. So far no pghlem..

@furbee, thanks for sharing.
I will observe what causes him to sneeze. Maybe he got sensitive nose like my hubby :(

@bubblyreddy, I oso got the spray from pd. But he still sneeze a lot. Hope ur son will recover soon.

My girl latched on both breasts for 45 mins and she suckled well. But 15 mins later, she suckle again on 1 breast for 15 mins then refused to continue. We put her on bed and she started crying. After that gotta bottle feedher 30 ml before she is happy and go to sleep. Is that normal?

My girl latched on both breasts for 45 mins and she suckled well. But 15 mins later, she suckle again on 1 breast for 15 mins then refused to continue. We put her on bed and she started crying. After that gotta bottle feedher 30 ml before she is happy and go to sleep. Is that normal?
I've similar issues. She drink 90ml EBM but after that doesn't want to go to bed. Then feed another 30ml,she sleeps but vomit quite an amount. Think too full. Sigh. Don't know is it normal/correct?

For jaundice, when can we stop going to doc for review? If we dont go review we wont know if jaundice came bk?

Normally we stop gg back wen doc gives the green light tat bb jaundice is 'clear - under safe lvl' .. By right ard 20days old will start to lower.... Ur bb still not cleared? Nv heard jaundice returns after doc 'certify' clear either.

My bb aso same. Sometimes shiok suckle can slp 3hrs, sometimes jus dun wan suckle nor zzz. Give ebm den puke! Last night changed 3 PJ in 1hr cos feed den puke abit, put down choke on milk/saliver den cough milk.. Sigh.
I aso think might b overfeed... Cos bb may jus wan comfort in another way...

Any mummies bought yoomi bottles, and the charging pod etc to use? My sil been using n she highly recommend it. I contemplating if worth to buy cos i feel it quite costly..

Normally we stop gg back wen doc gives the green light tat bb jaundice is 'clear - under safe lvl' .. By right ard 20days old will start to lower.... Ur bb still not cleared? Nv heard jaundice returns after doc 'certify' clear either.

My bb aso same. Sometimes shiok suckle can slp 3hrs, sometimes jus dun wan suckle nor zzz. Give ebm den puke! Last night changed 3 PJ in 1hr cos feed den puke abit, put down choke on milk/saliver den cough milk.. Sigh.

Did u pad at bb back to let bb burp? Everytime at 65ml, afterthat take abt 10 to 15 min to get loud burp, no puke so far. My CL very good in making my gal burp.

She didn't puke but keeps crying non stop. Only stopped when hubby carries her. Is she just trying to get attention? Would we be spoiling her if we keep carrying her? Btw, how do we know if bb has colic?

Did u pad at bb back to let bb burp? Everytime at 65ml, afterthat take abt 10 to 15 min to get loud burp, no puke so far. My CL very good in making my gal burp.

Lol, i pat but never more den 5mins! Maybe tats y he puke almost after every feed. :x
Ur CL veri patient with bb leh.

She didn't puke but keeps crying non stop. Only stopped when hubby carries her. Is she just trying to get attention? Would we be spoiling her if we keep carrying her? Btw, how do we know if bb has colic?

My bb is spoilt! Cry = carry..if nv carry will scream, lastly will have tears. Sigh.. I think cos i first 1mth bf while sitting, so carry him almost whole day... Now i lie down and pat him which latch hope will change the bad habit.
I not sure how to know if bb is colic anot..... Keen to understand more too!

Mine was actually cleared of Jaundice. But it came back. Probably due to G6PD bah. =(

Mine was actually cleared of Jaundice. But it came back. Probably due to G6PD bah. =(

My #1 see doc 2 times n jaundice cleared. My #2 now already see doc 3 times still not clear frm jaundice. Doc said jaundice must be below 80 then can clear. last visit was 125, hope this week can clear.

@Juan86 , polyclinic doc told me 100 and below cleared. My LO went n tested 102 the 3rd time they also clear.
@BubsandBloms like that must check with pd if G6Pd really affects jaundice anot leh.. Cos like tat u need to go back for more reviews.

@Juan86 , polyclinic doc told me 100 and below cleared. My LO went n tested 102 the 3rd time they also clear.
@BubsandBloms like that must check with pd if G6Pd really affects jaundice anot leh.. Cos like tat u need to go back for more reviews.

Yes, we did check. And he mention for my LO, it will take slightly longer, up to two months to be fully cleared of Jaundice.
Now LO is receiving phototheraphy at home. We rented the equipment. Hope his jaundice level go down soon.

Oh great tat u rented. Yes it sure will help. My #2 i rented 3days, straightaway the jaundice went down.. But like u say may take longer for ur LO, so i also hope ur bb get cleared asap! Must be tiring for u too.. And heartache to see bb cry at every prick.

Mummies,

It is with a heavy heart and teary eyes that i pen this message. Just got home from hosp with nanny. Babygirl had an xray and blood test done on the distended tummy (looking very bloated and hard) and she may require a surgery, depending on the stool analysis. Have been crying since this afternoon at the pd and then at the a&e and high dependency unit. Hubby is staying with her overnight as she couldnt stop crying with all the tubes on her and the fact that she has to stop her milk feeds and be solely on drip.

My heart is really shattered. Just felt like a mum who failed terribly... This is gona be a long night...

Mummies,

It is with a heavy heart and teary eyes that i pen this message. Just got home from hosp with nanny. Babygirl had an xray and blood test done on the distended tummy (looking very bloated and hard) and she may require a surgery, depending on the stool analysis. Have been crying since this afternoon at the pd and then at the a&e and high dependency unit. Hubby is staying with her overnight as she couldnt stop crying with all the tubes on her and the fact that she has to stop her milk feeds and be solely on drip.

My heart is really shattered. Just felt like a mum who failed terribly... This is gona be a long night...

Ohhh dear!!
May you be given strength to go through these rough times.
*hugs*

Mummies,

Stay strong mummy!

Twirlycandy.. hope all will be well for your baby! Think positive and stay strong. We will be your listening ears whenever u need us... hugs..

Mummies,

@Twirlycandy , stay strong and jiayou!

Back