(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Ya.. Yellowish sticky discharge. After clean, keep coming back. Eyes is not red tho. Worrying it might be infection?

Den its normal. Same as my bb during the first 3 weeks. The discharge came in ard day 10 lasted almost 2 weeks...both eyes. Just wipe off lor.. Esp every morning cos it will dry up.. Ur bb jaundice still not cleared??

Hi mummies, today my bb boy is 1 week old, time passes so fast!

I'm struggling with the breastfeeding business...hope to seek some advice :confused:

For past 2 nights, been having CL feed bb EBM through Tommee Tippee bottle. And I've been pumping every 5-6 hours. But I find that when I try to latch bb, he suckles but doesn't seem to drink much.

Tonight I'm gonna try direct latching all the way and no bottles. Is this the correct way?

I'm struggling with the breastfeeding business...hope to seek some advice :confused:

For past 2 nights, been having CL feed bb EBM through Tommee Tippee bottle. And I've been pumping every 5-6 hours. But I find that when I try to latch bb, he suckles but doesn't seem to drink much.

Tonight I'm gonna try direct latching all the way and no bottles. Is this the correct way?

In 1st 2 weeks, CL feed FM using spoon at night time as I want baby to direct latch on daytime. On 3rd week I have asked the CL to bottle feed baby while I still let baby latch on on daytime. So far thankfully my baby can switch bet bottle feed n direct latch on.

Hey mummies, remember u guys were talking about the sudden gush of blood. Today I'm day 8 postpartum. At around 5am while I was pumping halfway, I experienced huge gush of blood n blood clots that couldn't stop. The clots were huge and definitely abnormal. I was about to pass out due to large amount of blood loss. My hubby called for the ambulance and I'm now warded for observation. They did transvaginal scan n ultrascan for me n put me on antibiotics drip. There were possibilities that I had remaining membranes of tissues left inside my womb or that I have uterus infections. Thus I was given two options either too go for op to flush out remains of tissues if there's any or monitor for a day to see if bleeding subsides. I chose the latter. Past few days my lochia flow wasn't much and in fact quite light and I thought I was healing well though I read that people usually have lochia bleeding for weeks but might strangely became so little only after a few days. So mummies out dear if u experience such light flow of lochia in just week one do be caution. I think this episode really freaks me out and I was thinking so much in the ambulance, worried about my bb back at hm. Luckily I have my mum n CL to look after him. But I just thought that the whole pregnancy journey has been so tough even till I delivered that it really traumatized me to even think of having a second one.

Yes. I had this heavy blood gushing incident last Friday. I was just talking about it here few days back.

I was rushed to the gynae who said he couldn't diagnosed anything that day. Im due for next review next Tuesday. I have been going massage as gynae said it could help.

I understand that if it's placenta tissue, then it is quite troublesome, need to go through minor surgery. If it's blood clot, then hopefully it will be purged out somehow.

How is it going now? I hope you get well really soon. I totally understand how you feel because when it happened to me, my hubby even thought he might lose me. Luckily, he was there for me and being positive.

Stay strong and get well really soon. For your baby, you can do it. Jia you!

Den its normal. Same as my bb during the first 3 weeks. The discharge came in ard day 10 lasted almost 2 weeks...both eyes. Just wipe off lor.. Esp every morning cos it will dry up.. Ur bb jaundice still not cleared??
My bb no jaundice wor. She already 3 weeks old liao.

Hi bublelovebubly
My gal drink Similac total comfort. Is recommend by pd. Normally will spit out 5 times a day... initially i using pigeon milk bottles. But now i am trying Dr Brown milk bottle... hope its work on her.
I Googled some babies are just natural spitters than others.. haiz. I still thought of trying pigeon bottles. Let me know if Dr Brown is good! :)

Yes. I had this heavy blood gushing incident last Friday. I was just talking about it here few days back.

I was rushed to the gynae who said he couldn't diagnosed anything that day. Im due for next review next Tuesday. I have been going massage as gynae said it could help.

I understand that if it's placenta tissue, then it is quite troublesome, need to go through minor surgery. If it's blood clot, then hopefully it will be purged out somehow.

How is it going now? I hope you get well really soon. I totally understand how you feel because when it happened to me, my hubby even thought he might lose me. Luckily, he was there for me and being positive.

Stay strong and get well really soon. For your baby, you can do it. Jia you!
Thanks. Ya I almost it's life threatening coz the amount of blood is really alot that no pad can ever contain. Kkh is still monitoring me. Was sent there as it's the nearest hospital from my mum's place. They couldn't pinpoint exactly if it's blood cot of leftover tissues. But they said shouldn't be leftover placenta. So now they can only monitor my blood flow. Once there is another huge gush or so I would have to go for op.

Before u bottle feed bb the 2 nights u been latching? If still cant get bb to latchon after 1 day den better go c an LC for help? Cos after i visit LC my bb manage to successfully latch on the next day.... Try do it frequently so bb can 'remember' the suckle difference btw bottle teat n nipple.
For my bb he knows bottle feed dun need suck much cos the flow will be quite fast to go into his mouth. When i latch he sometimes will be fustrated... So i normally feed him slightly before he turns hungry!!

Thanks @furbee. Ya best not to go through another op especially when I thought I was just about to recover from my stitching, today the docs has to digged n scan and examined. Sigh.....

Pls take care! Were u on c-sect or normal delivery? I also didnt have much blood discharge but nurse at hosp said it is possible due to breastfeeding. All the episodes here make me rather worried.. btw I did normal delivery..

My baby is 5 weeks old. Not sure if he is having flu recently or what, he seems to sleep a lot day n nite. He can sleep straight for 5 hrs n I need to wake him up for milk. Anyone experience this? when baby sleeps a lot I worry, not sleeping I oso worry.

Lol u so cute the way u describe hw u feel...
maybe bb changed his slping habit? Before a mth old was he liddat?
My #1 slept thru the night wo milk when she was almost 2mth old...

Pls take care! Were u on c-sect or normal delivery? I also didnt have much blood discharge but nurse at hosp said it is possible due to breastfeeding. All the episodes here make me rather worried.. btw I did normal delivery..
Natural delivery. I suspect its blood cots. Since day one I don't have much lochia maybe blocked couldn't flow properly so it gets accumulated. I've also been pumping v often so the more the uterus contracts the more blood flow to a point it gushes out. But that's only my guess. Heard if u fo through c sect u less likely to experience such case coz during op u r better cleaned up so unlikely to have leftover tissues. Dunno how true.

Lol u so cute the way u describe hw u feel...
maybe bb changed his slping habit? Before a mth old was he liddat?
My #1 slept thru the night wo milk when she was almost 2mth old...

Haha.. non stop worrying. Before a month he is not like that. He will auto wake up for milk when time is up. Maybe I m too focus on him liao. I will notice his every changes.

Natural delivery. I suspect its blood cots. Since day one I don't have much lochia maybe blocked couldn't flow properly so it gets accumulated. I've also been pumping v often so the more the uterus contracts the more blood flow to a point it gushes out. But that's only my guess. Heard if u fo through c sect u less likely to experience such case coz during op u r better cleaned up so unlikely to have leftover tissues. Dunno how true.

Oh my.. but the info from hosp is if bf its normal to have less lochia.. mine was quite alot first 2-3days.. then not too bad til now. I guess I have to monitor.. and heads up my hubby.. just in case.

R u in hosp now? Hope u recover soon!

My bb always want milk the moment she is awake. She just can't wait. Just now she drank 65ml EBM at 7.15pm followed by 10 mins of latching before she fell asleep. Then at 8.45pm, she woke up n cries for milk again. Drank another 60 ml. Is that a lot for 10 days old?

Think I'm having heat rash. Reddish spot esp at the folds of my body. Sweating non stop even in air con. Worse during meal time and latching. Can't help but keep scratching esp at night. Worried I may end up with scars.

Happy08, dun scratch.. Did u shower? Wiping wont rid the rashes leh. I bathed on day 6 i think, den rash got better.. Cos subsequently i bathed every 2-3 days.
If bb can drink, i think is fine leh... As long nv puke. My bb aso keep drinking every now & then, cos latchon wont know if they have had enuff anot. Even bottle feed aso hard to gauge... Jus slowly increase 15ml every week or so, wen bb rejects means thats the limit lor.. N aso continue to apply the anti stretch mark cream for another 2-3mths can lighten old scars n prevent new ones wen tummy shrinks...but no guarantee la..

Oh my.. but the info from hosp is if bf its normal to have less lochia.. mine was quite alot first 2-3days.. then not too bad til now. I guess I have to monitor.. and heads up my hubby.. just in case.

R u in hosp now? Hope u recover soon!
Yup I'm in Kkh now. Don't worry but just be alert. I also didn't know such things will happen till I learn from fellow mummies here. Never would I expect it will happen to me n fast n furious. Now I finally understood y mother's day is more popular lah!

Happy08, dun scratch.. Did u shower? Wiping wont rid the rashes leh. I bathed on day 6 i think, den rash got better.. Cos subsequently i bathed every 2-3 days.
If bb can drink, i think is fine leh... As long nv puke. My bb aso keep drinking every now & then, cos latchon wont know if they have had enuff anot. Even bottle feed aso hard to gauge... Jus slowly increase 15ml every week or so, wen bb rejects means thats the limit lor.. N aso continue to apply the anti stretch mark cream for another 2-3mths can lighten old scars n prevent new ones wen tummy shrinks...but no guarantee la..

I bathed with herbal water everyday. But on,y once a day every afternoon. But after that still sweat.... So I try to wipe with wet cloth. Nurse told me must wear bra to support but it's so hot.

Before u bottle feed bb the 2 nights u been latching? If still cant get bb to latchon after 1 day den better go c an LC for help? Cos after i visit LC my bb manage to successfully latch on the next day.... Try do it frequently so bb can 'remember' the suckle difference btw bottle teat n nipple.
For my bb he knows bottle feed dun need suck much cos the flow will be quite fast to go into his mouth. When i latch he sometimes will be fustrated... So i normally feed him slightly before he turns hungry!!

My bb knows how to latch...just that i was influenced by CL to give bottle at night. Now i wanna reverse the effect by choosing to DL exclusively.

I'm also frustrated by my CL as she's so talkative and likes to gossip about my maid/mum in front of me!! And likewise to my mum about my maid - none of her biz anyway!!! Can't wait for this confinement to be over!!!

I had csect and my lochia is very little, so i think it's removed quite cleanly..

My bb always want milk the moment she is awake. She just can't wait. Just now she drank 65ml EBM at 7.15pm followed by 10 mins of latching before she fell asleep. Then at 8.45pm, she woke up n cries for milk again. Drank another 60 ml. Is that a lot for 10 days old?

Think I'm having heat rash. Reddish spot esp at the folds of my body. Sweating non stop even in air con. Worse during meal time and latching. Can't help but keep scratching esp at night. Worried I may end up with scars.

Maybe can try applying baby powder on the skin folds?

My bb also got this yellow discharge on the right eye! If eye not red, should be ok?

My LO is currently 9 days old and already consuming 90ml per feed of EBM. My PD recommends for me to increase his intake as long as he's satisfied. Cos my LO is always hungry!

Why my skin near breast area is super itchy! I shower everyday lei.. anyone encountered the same?

I am also still applying clarins oil now.. also with stretch mark cream. My stretch mark not so ugly though. Dunno its bcoz i applied oil ever since my 2nd tri or bcoz my mom did not have it tok last time..

Me too! Rashes on my bum :( Flares up more when i sit down too long, or when too hot. Sighs. I suspect cos of my disposable underwear, so stopped using it le. But dun keep scratching leh, will scar. I had those rashes during my first confinement cos needed to bind up my tummy, couldnt help but scratch and really left alot of scars for a few months.

Hv you tried using baby diaper rash cream to control? Im using it now and subsided somewhat.

My bb is also 10days old.. drink about 70-80ml each feed.. wake up every 3-4hrs. At times she sleeps until 6hrs and wake up she drink alot more. 50ml x 2 sessions in 30mins. I guess ur bb is fine..

Actually i am trying to control my bb intake, so she wont drink too much and grow too fast. Scared she is overweight haha. My mom keep scolding me for doing so.. anyone has the same thot? Hehe..

Yup I'm in Kkh now. Don't worry but just be alert. I also didn't know such things will happen till I learn from fellow mummies here. Never would I expect it will happen to me n fast n furious. Now I finally understood y mother's day is more popular lah!
Sounds scary n I also never heard of this... Really having bb can be so complicated !

Take care n all the best !

@isenggirl i aso beginning has the same tot of cutting down, but after tat i realise tat once they grow up, it be opposite.. Lol. They cut milk, but as mummy will force them to drink! Lol.

My bb knows how to latch...just that i was influenced by CL to give bottle at night. Now i wanna reverse the effect by choosing to DL exclusively.

I'm also frustrated by my CL as she's so talkative and likes to gossip about my maid/mum in front of me!! And likewise to my mum about my maid - none of her biz anyway!!! Can't wait for this confinement to be over!!!

This month have to tolerate with CL, maid, MIL, mum & also husband. Can I have peaceful confinement month? I need to rest!! :(

@isenggirl, my bb 4 days older than urs. Last few days when she's 10 - 12 days old, she drank alot too, around 80-90ml...and asking to latch every 1-2 hrs. My supply not enough for her demand, so I top up with FM. Now seems back to norm liao...
I think she can't wait to grow up faster. Hahaa...
It'll be alright. Just do whatever we can. :)

@isenggirl, my bb 4 days older than urs. Last few days when she's 10 - 12 days old, she drank alot too, around 80-90ml...and asking to latch every 1-2 hrs. My supply not enough for her demand, so I top up with FM. Now seems back to norm liao...
I think she can't wait to grow up faster. Hahaa...
It'll be alright. Just do whatever we can. :)

Wah, every 1 to 2 hours... How do you get your sleep?

I guess it's due to grow spurt ba!

Luckily she's good girl...she knows I need to rest at night...so she didn't ask for frequent feed night time. :) only day time that she's so demanding.
Therefore I need to pump out milk mid night...else feeling very pain...breast engorged liao...

Luckily she's good girl...she knows I need to rest at night...so she didn't ask for frequent feed night time. :) only day time that she's so demanding.
Therefore I need to pump out milk mid night...else feeling very pain...breast engorged liao...

Haha.. I am just done pumping too.. Yield about 80ml in 20mins. soon need to increase liao hopefully my breast cooperate with me. Lol. Ur bb is so guai! My bb wakes up 2x at night, but after feeding she goes to K.O. mode again.. lol.

Haha.. I am just done pumping too.. Yield about 80ml in 20mins. soon need to increase liao hopefully my breast cooperate with me. Lol. Ur bb is so guai! My bb wakes up 2x at night, but after feeding she goes to K.O. mode again.. lol.

That's nice. My LO don't go to sleep after feeding. He will Ding dong abit before going to sleep. Shortening my sleeping time. :)

Me too! Rashes on my bum :( Flares up more when i sit down too long, or when too hot. Sighs. I suspect cos of my disposable underwear, so stopped using it le. But dun keep scratching leh, will scar. I had those rashes during my first confinement cos needed to bind up my tummy, couldnt help but scratch and really left alot of scars for a few months.

Hv you tried using baby diaper rash cream to control? Im using it now and subsided somewhat.

I had rashes on my bum when I was in hospital. Think was bed sores. I tried diaper cream last night.... Slightly less itchy. Will continue and hopefully condition won't worsen.

Btw, what brand of diaper cream are you all using for bb?

My CL is good in cooking and I think that's what she enjoys most. But I felt she's bit lazy when comes to waking up at night. So far my LO will wake up twice in the night for feed. Giving her formula as my milk not enough plus easier for CL cos she keeps saying I no milk. She told me notto wake her up to wash my pump parts. She will wash when bb wakes upto drink. Once she nvr wash and still said she fed first but I told her no. Then last night bb wKes up later so I no parts to pump. If I'm not trying to avoid touching too much water, I would have just wash myself. Much faster. Sigh. Can't wait for confinement to b over. But it's only 1 week.

This month have to tolerate with CL, maid, MIL, mum & also husband. Can I have peaceful confinement month? I need to rest!! :(

I can totally relate to you! Jiayou jiayou!

My CL is good in cooking and I think that's what she enjoys most. But I felt she's bit lazy when comes to waking up at night. So far my LO will wake up twice in the night for feed. Giving her formula as my milk not enough plus easier for CL cos she keeps saying I no milk. She told me notto wake her up to wash my pump parts. She will wash when bb wakes upto drink. Once she nvr wash and still said she fed first but I told her no. Then last night bb wKes up later so I no parts to pump. If I'm not trying to avoid touching too much water, I would have just wash myself. Much faster. Sigh. Can't wait for confinement to b over. But it's only 1 week.

Me too! 1 week only and some more my CL will do 40 days confinement for me, I always retreat to my room when I can't stand her talking too much. Every CL sure got some issues one hor?

I had rashes on my bum when I was in hospital. Think was bed sores. I tried diaper cream last night.... Slightly less itchy. Will continue and hopefully condition won't worsen.

I'm using Biolane products, I like the smell and bb bum bum seems not so red according to CL.

Are you latching your bb too? My breasts feels so heavy but I'm resisting pumping to exclusively DL.

I've been pumping regularly every 4hrly and 15mins/ session. But milk volume has been decreasing. Duno what's wrong...

I can totally relate to you! Jiayou jiayou!

Me too! 1 week only and some more my CL will do 40 days confinement for me, I always retreat to my room when I can't stand her talking too much. Every CL sure got some issues one hor?

Initially was thinking of extending if she's good. Well I guess will miss someone cooking and washing up for me. My 2 girlfriends recommended to their friends and me and seems like everyone is happy. Guess I'm the only one complaining. Different expectations I guess. Try to take it easy if not will have postnatal blues. Let's Jiayou together.

Im using desitin (blue) for baby. Been using dat for #1 and now #2, both are ok with it. As for my rashes, using wat TMC gave. Remember must find time to air the affected area too, altho very unglam to air the butt la haha!

Do you bathe bb in baby wash? I've got pigeon body wash for bb but CL says no need. She just uses water to bathe. Do we need to apply body lotion for bb? Currently not using too.... Bb still 'scaling' .....

I've been pumping regularly every 4hrly and 15mins/ session. But milk volume has been decreasing. Duno what's wrong...
I have been pumping every 3-4 hours and around 15 mins per session too. Yield is about 160ml. I noticed a decrease when i dont drink enough water or didnt let baby latch for an entire day. Somehow letting her suckle 1-2 times a day seems to stimulate the let down reflex.. Try to drink up? I also take 2 cups of cereal everyday and lots of longan tea..

Back