(2015/02) Feb 2015 mummies

Hi ladies, anyone of you experienced very little or no pregnancy symptoms? I am about 5 weeks along and do not feel sick, no sore breast, still full of energy, no frequent urination, etc. In short, I just feel normal and like I am not pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy...
Had a miscarriage in March, had more symptoms. As they always associate morning sickness with healthier pregnancy, I am just a bit worried here.

Thanks in advance!
Hi pumpkeen, i feel u. I have some symptoms in early stages but since last week, week 5 I dun have the symptoms too. Will be seeing my gynae this sat, hope everything is fine. I also had miscarriage in Apr.

Mummies,

do u all have constipation? before i have baby i always go toliet poo.. but not seldom le..
go toilet poo feel too hard haiz.. (i drink alots of water too )

any of u gt this problems?

I fixed my first appt wif gynae only can see him on 07july.

brought my wife to see dr tan thiam chye and was told EDD on the 31 jan 2015.... We were told the baby was 8 weeks old... they asked for the 1st day of the last period to determine the baby age. anyone experience with this told kindly advise =) thx

Hi pumpkeen, i feel u. I have some symptoms in early stages but since last week, week 5 I dun have the symptoms too. Will be seeing my gynae this sat, hope everything is fine. I also had miscarriage in Apr.

Hi J Yap, hope everything turns out well for you on Sat.

My gynae did a beta HCG test at week 4, one day after my BFP and the result came back 101mIU/ml, he said it was normal. My next appt is coming Monday, he will order another blood test for me to see if hormone level increases. I mean this is getting on my nerves, I was looking for every possible signs or symptoms during the TWW, and now after my BFP, the search ain't stopping still!

Anyways, good luck and keep us posted ya!

brought my wife to see dr tan thiam chye and was told EDD on the 31 jan 2015.... We were told the baby was 8 weeks old... they asked for the 1st day of the last period to determine the baby age. anyone experience with this told kindly advise =) thx
Yup, the LMP is a widely accepted method to determine the baby's age.

Did you do a scan? If you did the ultrasound machine would also be able to give the EDD based on the size of your baby....

Mummies,

do u all have constipation? before i have baby i always go toliet poo.. but not seldom le..
go toilet poo feel too hard haiz.. (i drink alots of water too )

any of u gt this problems?

I fixed my first appt wif gynae only can see him on 07july.
I don't have constipation.... In fact I feel like move my bowels more than before preggy... I read in the Jan forum that you can take Yakult to help with bowel movement... Remember to bring to attn of doc when you see him/her so that he can advise further as well

Me too..I have more bowel movement than usual..

Getaway junkie, think it's better to get vitagen with less sugar for bowel movement. Yakult too sweet...scarly fail the diabetic test..hee..

Hey mummies, im on 6 weeks and dont have morning sick too.. quite worry about that. Is anyone with Dr Ho Hon Kwok at Mount Alvernia?

During my first pregnancy, my vomiting started after 6 weeks. And from there it was all the way...lol...
Don't worry too much

Hi @veronicachaujinqi,

Could you please add me in to facebook, thank you! [email protected]

I am in the midst of Changing Gynae. 1st choice - Dr Yeoh (Mount E); 2nd choice - Dr Chew (GlenE)

Why change? - I thought I should share with the mummies out there so anyone in the same situation should just Go for 2nd opinion early and not scare yourself silly like me. :rolleyes:

I went to Dr Phua (hougang) who is nice, experience, waiting time is really short and patient like how the forums describe but I dont like how he speaks with so much Negativity, doesn't show extra care (I need) and always leaves me really HELPLESS - He scare the HELL out of me.

1st time(Monday), the moment he saw my sac with U/S (tummy), he told me my sac is smaller than ideal, but let's wait 2 weeks, if it grows good, maybe your date is not accurate, if not... then he pause, he say 2/10 mum may not be successful. (He repeated that like 3 times) and end the conversation with a I will give you folic acid and see you in 2 weeks -_-"' I cried in the night!! :(

2nd time (Wednesday) - Then I had some spotting and cramps 2 days later, so I got even more worried right??? I rush down immediately to him, got my hormone jab and pills and 3 days bed rest. Then he tell me, if after this, I experience "menstruating" just let it go and no need to rush down to see him immediately, the sac is small and it will be flush out during the process. :eek: I can see him after "menses". He cant do much for me as he say my sac was too small to see.... he don even know if there is a yolk. I was in HELL...... so helpless!! He scare my mum too.

I heed a good friend advise and meet her gynae, Dr Chew today, becos Dr Yeoh is on leave until mid July. He did a really thorough check on me and to my relief BB was alright, I even saw a little heart flashing:D
and the yolk very clearly. My sac is actually alright and my spotting is no issue.

Dr Chew has more advance U/S equipment (insert into your V). Awkward but painless and very good for mum like me who discover pregnancy as early as 3-4 weeks. I also really like that Dr Chew make sure he finds out what he wrong with me and gives me assurance.

Conclusion: I m still issued 2 weeks bed rest but at least I leave the clinic Happy now and not Helpless. I can really rest without worrying.

**Sorry for the long post.

Hi Veronica and all mummies! Congratulations to all of you!

Tested Positive 1 week ago and just went for gynae checkup yesterday; spot a small sac about 3 weeks old. Edd end Feb. Please add me to the FB as well [email protected]

My first, so exciting!!!! Hope everything goes smoothly :)

Hi ladies, anyone of you experienced very little or no pregnancy symptoms? I am about 5 weeks along and do not feel sick, no sore breast, still full of energy, no frequent urination, etc. In short, I just feel normal and like I am not pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy...
Had a miscarriage in March, had more symptoms. As they always associate morning sickness with healthier pregnancy, I am just a bit worried here.

Thanks in advance!

I don really have the symptoms too except fatigue. If you wanna be sure, I can PM dr Chew's contact. I am quite sure he can offer good advice.

Hi everyone.. Posting for the first time here.
I know what Joaniki means by getting scared by the doctor. I think it is only fair that instead of silently reading, I share my experience of the past few weeks with everyone too:

I first saw the doctor after testing positive on a pregnancy test kit. Subsequently, I got a contact for a gynae from my boss (I knew it would be expensive but she swore he was good and experienced).
The gynae is Dr Chew S C at Mount E. I must say he is indeed professional and does not make you feel uncomfortable.
However, he did an ultrasound and told me my gest sac was on the side and quite low. As it was only in the 5th week and I had no symptoms, he too was sceptical and told me there was a chance it would slip out. I was scared but mentally prepared somehow. After a blood test, he said a hormone jab may help so I took it, and was given mc for the rest of the week, hormone pills and similac pramilet.

2nd visit one week later, my husband went with me and we saw the scan together. The gest sac had not moved from its position but it was irregular. He told me it was supposed to be round but he was worried about the shape. Again, i had no symptoms. I was on leave that week so he didn't give me an mc, but told me to rest at home. This time, I went back and googled and read all the negative stuff. I cried like crazy - and I am a pretty hard nut to crack for a tear.

3rd visit was much much better. He scanned and saw the shape became round like it should, and did the vaginal scan and even saw a tiny dot that he says is the baby. :) he estimates it at 6 weeks old. But I need to continue bed rest. Still no symptoms. Mc for another week.

I am still hopeful and am crossing my fingers. Trying to eat more healthily now and not move around too much. I still do not have symptoms (sore breasts, nausea, exhaustion, peeing more, etc). Nothing. But as long as I see no bleeding I will stay positive for the little one inside.
As this gynae is too expensive (about $300-$400 each time for scan and consultation) I'm trying to to find another one, preferably at gleneagles. Should be cheaper I hope.

Sorry for the long post. As I can't talk to anyone else when it's still so early, others may have the same problem and loneliness. Hope this helps a bit.

Finally morning sickness came in. No matter what I eat I will just puke everything out :( next appointment with my gynae is on Monday. Hopefully can hear baby's heartbeat and yolk .

Hi everyone.. Posting for the first time here.
I know what Joaniki means by getting scared by the doctor. I think it is only fair that instead of silently reading, I share my experience of the past few weeks with everyone too:

I first saw the doctor after testing positive on a pregnancy test kit. Subsequently, I got a contact for a gynae from my boss (I knew it would be expensive but she swore he was good and experienced).
The gynae is Dr Chew S C at Mount E. I must say he is indeed professional and does not make you feel uncomfortable.
However, he did an ultrasound and told me my gest sac was on the side and quite low. As it was only in the 5th week and I had no symptoms, he too was sceptical and told me there was a chance it would slip out. I was scared but mentally prepared somehow. After a blood test, he said a hormone jab may help so I took it, and was given mc for the rest of the week, hormone pills and similac pramilet.

2nd visit one week later, my husband went with me and we saw the scan together. The gest sac had not moved from its position but it was irregular. He told me it was supposed to be round but he was worried about the shape. Again, i had no symptoms. I was on leave that week so he didn't give me an mc, but told me to rest at home. This time, I went back and googled and read all the negative stuff. I cried like crazy - and I am a pretty hard nut to crack for a tear.

3rd visit was much much better. He scanned and saw the shape became round like it should, and did the vaginal scan and even saw a tiny dot that he says is the baby. :) he estimates it at 6 weeks old. But I need to continue bed rest. Still no symptoms. Mc for another week.

I am still hopeful and am crossing my fingers. Trying to eat more healthily now and not move around too much. I still do not have symptoms (sore breasts, nausea, exhaustion, peeing more, etc). Nothing. But as long as I see no bleeding I will stay positive for the little one inside.
As this gynae is too expensive (about $300-$400 each time for scan and consultation) I'm trying to to find another one, preferably at gleneagles. Should be cheaper I hope.

Sorry for the long post. As I can't talk to anyone else when it's still so early, others may have the same problem and loneliness. Hope this helps a bit.
Hi same for me. I went to scan yday but it was measure 6 weeks instead of 7 weeks. I was certain that my dates are correct. I was given mc to rest at home. Going to scan in 2 weeks again. Me too I cried yday as I had a miscarriage in Apr. Dun wan it to happen again. I din had any symptoms too only peeing more frequently. Let's jiayou together.

Anyone got into the FB group successfully?
Veron sent me an invitation and I got the email but when I clicked on the link, it shows broken link or I do not have the permission to view?

Hi Mummies,

I had a positive result on a pregnancy test kit. But i had seen my gynae yet. Cos think to change my 1st gynae. My first gynae is dr adrian woodworth. Overall he is good and his package is reasoabnle but just chop chop for the visiting time. I am currently 35 years old and this is my 2nd pregnancy, so thinking to find a more caring doctor.

Any recommedation for a caring doctor with reasonable package?

all added... Please check...

There are already more than 40 mummies inside, if you haven't been able to be inside, I would need to add you as a friend first. Let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.12.19 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 2.12.19 pm.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 239
Hi Mummies,

I had a positive result on a pregnancy test kit. But i had seen my gynae yet. Cos think to change my 1st gynae. My first gynae is dr adrian woodworth. Overall he is good and his package is reasoabnle but just chop chop for the visiting time. I am currently 35 years old and this is my 2nd pregnancy, so thinking to find a more caring doctor.

Any recommedation for a caring doctor with reasonable package?

Dr Benjamin Tham.. I'm from nov thread.. He is very caring funny and assuring.. I thk there's a few mummies in this thread with him also.. U can ask for their review or go an appt with him and den decide urself..

Package starts from 12weeks. $650 before gst. Includes, consultation, scan, urine test, measure bp. Multivits, fish oil and other medication not included. Oscar and detail scan is done at tmc.. Dr Tham sometimes will check the nasal bone etx also.. If I request he can check again also..

Waiting also a lot better then Adrian Woodworth etc.. With appt probably about 1/2 hr..

Hi Mummies,

just find out that I m pregnant on 27 June but I have brown discharge... I am super worry... anyone encounter this

Hi all..

I have just tested positive last Friday and have went to the gynae this morning to confirm. .
Currently is 5 week pregnant. . Seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth at Sk clinic..

Can add me into the fb account?

Thanks.

Hi Mummies,

just find out that I m pregnant on 27 June but I have brown discharge... I am super worry... anyone encounter this

Hi

I have light bleeding on the day my period suppose to due.. I have checked with gynae he say is ok.. have also done some research.. It might b due to implantation. .

Can check with ur gynae if u r worry..

I am scared actually.... I had 4 miscarriage.... after my gal was born and I went for gynae check at very early stage for that 4 times then no heartbeat... so now I don't want to go and see gynae at this early stage....

I don really have the symptoms too except fatigue. If you wanna be sure, I can PM dr Chew's contact. I am quite sure he can offer good advice.
hi dear, I went to see my gynae today, gestational age is 5w2d, but I am just 4w5d along, so hopefully everything is well. I had a miscarriage too in March. I am still not experiencing much symptoms, no morning sickness, no frequent urination, don't feel tired all the time, just a bit of breast tenderness, special food cravings and constipation, that's all....

my gynae prescribed Duphaston 10mg to stabilise my pregnancy.
Any of you ladies here taken this pill? I heard the side effects are obnoxious, morning sickness, bloated, weight gain, dizziness, headache, etc. If you do experience any of the side effects, please share the intensity. I am very worried now as I have a very pressing full time job and can't afford to be off work regularly...

Back