(2015/02) Feb 2015 mummies

Hihi all mummies! Can add me on fb? My email: [email protected]

I just returned from my first visit at gynae yday! What an adventure! Just saw the water bag cos too small to see foetus. This is my 1st pregnancy ☺️☺️ sooo excited :)) feeling nausea everyday n having acute cravings for particular food - the onset of food cravings is fast! Haha..

Hi drmsha, welcome!

I'll add u on fb den once u accept, I can add u in the group..

For the rest.. The group on fb has started alr.. We can chat there for convenience. Do give me yr fb email so I can add u in..

ImageUploadedByForum1402236220.422847.jpg

Hello Ladies, My wife tested positive on may 27, and it's our 1st, abit lose on what to do, gonna visit kkh on the 25 june. any feedback/comment would be appreciated.

Hi drmsha, welcome!

I'll add u on fb den once u accept, I can add u in the group..

For the rest.. The group on fb has started alr.. We can chat there for convenience. Do give me yr fb email so I can add u in..

View attachment 306534

Oops! I missed out this post... I hv added only 2 members in the fb group that I hv created. How about yours?

I think some of them are confused now we hv 2 fb groups.... They PM me to add them. But most of the email hv set privacy I can't add them as friends and member ..

@Getaway junkie, obimin is multi vitamin. Can get from gynae , or guardian, watson ntuc pharmacy... start taking folic acid now too ...folic acid is for cellular development and prevent spinal bifidae (life threatening conditions )

If you are Ok w milk, can get those maternal milk too. Like enfamama, frisomum etc

Btw, do you all prefer fb or watsapp? Cos watsapp gets response faster..Hee..depending on response, I can set up a watsapp group..

@candymom, thanks! You've been helpful so far... My hubby just helped me get folic acid 5mg from Unity earlier... So just need to get Obimin. Is Obimin readily available without prescription in the pharmacies or should I just get any generic pre-natal multivits from the pharmacy??

My tummy hasn't been feeling too well. Bloated and no appetite, dun think I want to take milk...

I never take supplements my whole life... so confused with all this additional stuff we must do for the sake of the baby.

@candymom, I am okay with using FB, cuz whatsapp sometimes too many ppl talking at the same time, end up 100++ messages by the time we follow through, very hard to catch up.... SMH forum also have an app we can download to our phones right?

Oops! I missed out this post... I hv added only 2 members in the fb group that I hv created. How about yours?

I think some of them are confused now we hv 2 fb groups.... They PM me to add them. But most of the email hv set privacy I can't add them as friends and member ..

Mine seems to be working well with some of them in there already. do you want to give me your email and I can add you in?

@Getaway junkie, Dont mention. We r here to support each other. Yes, for first trimester, folic acid and obimin is sufficient. Depending on gynae, they will advise you when to start dha for fetal brain development.

I went for my blood test for hcg today. Looks okay. Seeing my gynae on Friday. Hopefully can see something. I think I will join fb after the scan on Friday. Chat here for time being.

anyone encountered any brownish discharge which don't have any smell? my wife told me abt this issue and i had bring her to see a doc @ polyclinic last week. Doctor said maybe due to infection and was prescript with some antibiotic . kindly advise. Thanks

additional info. She doesn't feel uncomfortable/pain in any area.

Brownish discharge is very common. It's call implantation. You can read up to know more.. As long as there is no heavy bleeding or cramping.. All shld b fine

@Antan, if it not fresh red blood, it shouldn't be too alarming. Infection is common in pregnancy. Just finish the course of antibiotics is good. And keep that area clean.

However, to be on the safe side, you may consider to bring your wife to gynae.

Okay, I finally started on my supplements ytd. Managed to get Obimin from Guardian for $11.70 for 30 tabs, and folic acid 5mg from Unity ($4.55 for 100 tabs).

Since Dr Tham is only avail on 24/6, so I better start taking care of myself. I'm very happy nowadays I am so tired I fall asleep by 12.30am, compared to last time I sleep at 2am. :) Other than the fatigue which sets in late afternoon/evening and the occassional bloated feeling, I don't have MS yet (touchwood).

@veronicachaujinqi, can you give me your FB email instead? My FB settings is set such that distant friends (ppl who are not friends of friends) cannot add me, so I add you better.

Okay, I finally started on my supplements ytd. Managed to get Obimin from Guardian for $11.70 for 30 tabs, and folic acid 5mg from Unity ($4.55 for 100 tabs).

Since Dr Tham is only avail on 24/6, so I better start taking care of myself. I'm very happy nowadays I am so tired I fall asleep by 12.30am, compared to last time I sleep at 2am. :) Other than the fatigue which sets in late afternoon/evening and the occassional bloated feeling, I don't have MS yet (touchwood).

@veronicachaujinqi, can you give me your FB email instead? My FB settings is set such that distant friends (ppl who are not friends of friends) cannot add me, so I add you better.

Hi, I'm from nov thread...

The obimin u bought is very ex... My friend got from a pharmacy $5.80 for 30 tablets.. I'm with dr Tham as well.. I bought from the clinic is $20 before gst for 100 tablets.. U might wanna get from there.. A lot cheaper.. I don't know why outside sell the obimin so ex...

@pooopi, thanks for your feedback. First time buying I also dunno what is the right price, in fact, I wasn't even intending to get it, as I was just looking around and spotted it. :( I just needed to get something first before I see Dr Tham.

I am not surprised that outside they sell expensive lah, need to cover rental etc. Guardian is also not known for being the cheapest pharmacy around.

Congrats, ladies! Stay strong.keep yourself hydrated and little snacks in between to beat the morning sickness. Alternatively, can see gp or gynae to get anti nausea medicine.. it's called
metoclopramide..dont take it often thou..

Hi all! I've just tested positive 2 days ago. tested again yesterday cos I couldn't believe it. This is my first time, feeling very excited but totally lost! Can anyone advise me what I should do next? Should I look for a gynae or just go to a gp?
My period was quite regular until 2 months ago, so not sure how many weeks I am now.
I'm planning to tell my hubby this Sunday cos it's father's day and also his birthday. Till then I'm gonna try and keep it to myself :D
Please add me on fb as well. this is my fb: https://www.facebook.com/blurfaerie

Do you know when is your last period? You can calculate from there how many weeks you are in. And can start looking for gynae.

Hello miam.. Congrats on yr first.. It's definitely an exciting journey ahead for u... Keke...

I also wanted to tell hubs on sun but cld not wait. So I gave him an "early" gift instead. Hahahaha..

Did u use the digital clear blue one which indicates the rough weeks u in?

Normally we book appt with Gynae about 6-8 weeks.. Anything before u wld only see a sac.. Can't hear their amazing heartbeat. Keke.

In the meantime, keep yrself nourished with obimin multi vita and folic acid. :)

Enjoy

Thank you veronica and J, my 1st day of my last period was 30Apr. Just used the calculator provided by getaway junkie and it's supposed to be 3 weeks 6 days? I used my previous menstrual cycle length as a gauge (before it screwed up). Then I googled other online calculator and they turn out 6weeks. so confusing.
Perhaps I will get the digital clear blue one later and see =)

i hope i can tahan till sunday cos he's on leave from today onwards and now I cannot sneakily do things with him peering over my shoulder :p
any tips on what to look out for when looking for a gynae?

I wanted to get the ClearBlue digital test kit too, but apparently, it only tells if you are pregnant (1) 1-2 weeks or (2) 3+ weeks. Is that true? I figured that I am definitely 3+ weeks already, so no point testing it, so I returned the test kit at Guardian.

I am now just waiting for my appointment on 24/6 and trying to eat healthy, though I just had an OCK curry puff. LOL.

Do you guys still take coffee? My colleague says I shouldn't take, not even decaf, cuz not good for the baby... but I feel so tired without coffee sometimes! :(

@mian_bao, it depends on which calculator you use... cuz if the calculator doesn't take into account your menstrual cycle, then it usually assumes that you have the regular 28 day cycle, which obviously is not true to every women.

@mian_bao, it depends on which calculator you use... cuz if the calculator doesn't take into account your menstrual cycle, then it usually assumes that you have the regular 28 day cycle, which obviously is not true to every women.
Ahh... I see. Ok then the 3wks 6days should be more accurate then.

I don't drink coffee but I heard it's not good for the baby, decaf still contain traces of caffeine so I guess it's better to limit it to 1 a day (if u really need it)?

Good day mommies

i tested positive at clinic last friday. still doubtful as I just failed my IVF last month.
cant wait for my appt with my obstetrician next mth. hopefully can c bb's heartbeat.

getawayjunkie, would be good if u can stay off caffeine. but from wat i read, it's ok to have a cup (not more than 200mg caffeine in a day)
i still take my coffee/ tea daily.
enjoying while i can before the MS and taste aversion sets in :>

Reading everyone's post about staying off caffeine makes me feel sian!! Cos recently my older girl just started to be able to tolerate dairy. Previously I was on a dairy free diet.. Many things cannot eat! Cake, desserts, even some food with butter! Then now finally cN eat these again, but then now can't eat my fave sashimi n coffee and even tea!:(

I'm trying to stay away from coffee, unless I really need it, then I will take one cup of earl grey tea... and cannot let the tea bag steep for too long... otherwise it will be more caffeinated. Every morning look for other stuff to drink, like soya bean or juice.... Earl Grey have ard 65mg of caffeine....

@yoga_babe, you yoga regularly? I got excited by your nick! :) I pole dance and yoga every week, but with baby coming, can no longer pole dance... :( Yesterday just went back to yoga again after taking a break last week from extreme fatigue (and also when I found out I was pregnant), feels so good to be back on the mat...

@GetawayJunkie, you do pole dance? I was quite tempted to join until I realized I'm pregnant. My girl friend just asked me to join with her and some others yesterday and I had to pretend I'm not interested.

Is it ok to try out yoga now for me? I have a gym membership but never tried out the yoga classes.

Back