(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Haha, cost increment is exponential!!!

That time I was bored (b4 wedding acty) while waiting for my mom to pay for the groceries at NTUC, I went to take a look at the milk powder + diapers shelf. Milk powder is damn ex.

My hb's coll WA him the article today, and said "XX, this is for u man". LOLL!!!!

I was also just commenting to hb...but my guess is that over the decades there have been significant improvements to baby formula right...Look at those R&D plants here in Singapore! And if u are going to use formula only as a supplement (praying that I can bf successfully) , it still is going to be quite alright. Toilet train baby earlier, and u can reduce the amt of disposable diapers used too!!

I want to believe the companies about R&D improvements to infant formula, that I'm paying the additional $ for a good thing lol. But I'm very skeptical coz formula costs twice as less in Australia, so based on that article, they stay at the roughly the same prices as a decade ago in SG! Even S-26 which is made in SG is 2x cheaper in AU... if you imagine that it costs something to import from SG to AU, it doesn't make sense that it's cheaper in AU!

I don't believe that Australia does not enjoy the same so-called R&D improvements as SG. The only way the companies' reason is true is if the AU gahment subsidises the formula for consumers, but none of my Aussie friends with babies are aware of this subsidy, so it's unlikely.

Something fishy is going on here... My investigation into the real reason for ridiculous formula prices in SG continues....

I want to believe the companies about R&D improvements to infant formula, that I'm paying the additional $ for a good thing lol. But I'm very skeptical coz formula costs twice as less in Australia, so based on that article, they stay at the roughly the same prices as a decade ago in SG! Even S-26 which is made in SG is 2x cheaper in AU... if you imagine that it costs something to import from SG to AU, it doesn't make sense that it's cheaper in AU!

I don't believe that Australia does not enjoy the same so-called R&D improvements as SG. The only way the companies' reason is true is if the AU gahment subsidises the formula for consumers, but none of my Aussie friends with babies are aware of this subsidy, so it's unlikely.

Something fishy is going on here... My investigation into the real reason for ridiculous formula prices in SG continues....
well singapore are the most expensive city in the world for a reason :p

saw this too lolz .. that is why those who can BF 24/7 save alot of money lolz ...
but it's ok i will do my part to contribute to the society also :p by feeding FM at night :p i believe in keeping the economy going by SPENDING lolz
it is a cycle ...i spend .. company make money and they spend ..and my company earn and i earn too lolz

i also doubt .. could it be the chiong version that is sold on q0010 lolz
Yes ... I save for 3 years for my number 2 ... Hopefully this one can do so too ...

Haha, cost increment is exponential!!!

That time I was bored (b4 wedding acty) while waiting for my mom to pay for the groceries at NTUC, I went to take a look at the milk powder + diapers shelf. Milk powder is damn ex.

My hb's coll WA him the article today, and said "XX, this is for u man". LOLL!!!!

I was also just commenting to hb...but my guess is that over the decades there have been significant improvements to baby formula right...Look at those R&D plants here in Singapore! And if u are going to use formula only as a supplement (praying that I can bf successfully) , it still is going to be quite alright. Toilet train baby earlier, and u can reduce the amt of disposable diapers used too!!

Newborn formula small tin only $60 ... Diaper one packet easily $20 ...

I'm lucky .. Last time #1 helped me trained #2 to potty when #2 2 years plus old .. Then in the end left a lot of left over unused diaper not even open ...

contemplating to ask my aussie colleague to help lug milk powder for me. haha
If they dun mind maybe you can consider .. But are you going to try breastfeeding first ? Maybe you have a lot of supply then no need to stock up formula

I using swaddleme... there are 2-3 sizes

if u are talking abt the zip ones, i also see before got size...

coz newborn ones very small... n i kiasu, straight skip newborn size haha
Think Swaddlepod (the one with zip) only 1 size. For bigger size baby, the brand recommends swaddleme (I think) with velcro straps. I'm planning to get it from amazon to try..

Oh Okie .. Maybe will try too .

Anyone going to buy from Amazon ?? Ytd too free while pumping milk keep looking at Amazon things .... My cart also a lot of things already lol...

Anyone going to buy from Amazon ?? Ytd too free while pumping milk keep looking at Amazon things .... My cart also a lot of things already lol...

What is worth getting from Amazon? I bought quite a bit during Black Friday and I am placing another order soon for hubby's christmas present...

Yes ... I save for 3 years for my number 2 ... Hopefully this one can do so too ...
Newborn formula small tin only $60 ... Diaper one packet easily $20 ...
I'm lucky .. Last time #1 helped me trained #2 to potty when #2 2 years plus old .. Then in the end left a lot of left over unused diaper not even open ...
If they dun mind maybe you can consider .. But are you going to try breastfeeding first ? Maybe you have a lot of supply then no need to stock up formula
Oh Okie .. Maybe will try too .

save what ?? cant be leh 4 years ago enfamil around $70 liao ... diaper cannot remember

amazon no need to look for kaki .. they have free shipping lolz just need to meet the minimum sum

save what ?? cant be leh 4 years ago enfamil around $70 liao ... diaper cannot remember

amazon no need to look for kaki .. they have free shipping lolz just need to meet the minimum sum

I juz bought Nan pro 1.... $48 at medical hall lor.... if NTUC i think $53 onwards

A bit off-topic but I'm so sad and angry that two of the hostages from the Sydney siege were pregnant, yet the gunman did not free them!!! Imagine being pregnant and held hostage at gunpoint for 16 hours, not to mention possibly standing up for 2 hours at a stretch against the windows as a human shield for the gunman. This hit me real hard as I mentioned I used to hang out at the same cafe. If I were still living in Sydney now, I could have been one of the hostages yesterday and not made it out alive...

Two of the Martin Place hostages were pregnant
Two of the hostages being held at gunpoint in a Martin Place cafe overnight were pregnant, police have revealed.

Another hostage was a 75-year-old woman who was shot in the shoulder.

All three women were in a stable condition in hospital on Tuesday, police said.

This is the latest information we have about the injured hostages:

• A 75-year-old woman was shot in the shoulder. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 52-year-old woman was shot in the foot. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 43-year-old woman was shot in the leg. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 39-year-old man received a minor facial injury due to a gunshot. He was treated at hospital and has since been discharged.
  • A 35-year-old pregnant woman was being assessed at hospital. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 30-year-old pregnant woman was being assessed in hospital. She is in a stable condition.

I did CTG last week at 36 wks.. did again this morning. I'm 37+3 today. Gynae said baby's head is 2/5 engaged..wahh next week she will check my cervix for dilation..got my pre admission letter today also. So anxious....
Mine's just head down. Dont think engaged.
I feel so breathless and tired these days..backache, hip ache, groin ache. Do u ladies feel that too?
I feel like I just ran some marathon.

A bit off-topic but I'm so sad and angry that two of the hostages from the Sydney siege were pregnant, yet the gunman did not free them!!! Imagine being pregnant and held hostage at gunpoint for 16 hours, not to mention possibly standing up for 2 hours at a stretch against the windows as a human shield for the gunman. This hit me real hard as I mentioned I used to hang out at the same cafe. If I were still living in Sydney now, I could have been one of the hostages yesterday and not made it out alive...

Two of the Martin Place hostages were pregnant
Two of the hostages being held at gunpoint in a Martin Place cafe overnight were pregnant, police have revealed.

Another hostage was a 75-year-old woman who was shot in the shoulder.

All three women were in a stable condition in hospital on Tuesday, police said.

This is the latest information we have about the injured hostages:

• A 75-year-old woman was shot in the shoulder. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 52-year-old woman was shot in the foot. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 43-year-old woman was shot in the leg. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 39-year-old man received a minor facial injury due to a gunshot. He was treated at hospital and has since been discharged.
  • A 35-year-old pregnant woman was being assessed at hospital. She is in a stable condition.
  • A 30-year-old pregnant woman was being assessed in hospital. She is in a stable condition.
I feel breathless just now even queueing for food. cant imagine they have to stand for 2 hrs!

I feel so breathless and tired these days..backache, hip ache, groin ache. Do u ladies feel that too?
Haha. Mine was head down long ago. But don't think engage yet.
But every morning I will feel pain under the tummy.

At first my gynae didn't tell me if baby's head is engaged or not. She just told me she's head down as per past visits. Then I asked her how low her head is..then she used her hands to press on my bump a little to feel her position..
All the aches shd be normal..is the baby's weight pressing on your pelvis..but just let ur gynae know.. For me I've on off cramping when I walk too much or stand too long.

Sorry .. Not i buy cant remember 59$ or 69$ from Ntuc think $69 ... My diaper I can save cos I order stock up till small size .. Then m size will stock up again after feb lol

Sorry .. Not i buy cant remember 59$ or 69$ from Ntuc think $69 ... My diaper I can save cos I order stock up till small size .. Then m size will stock up again after feb lol
so fast jump to m size already :eek:
Mine 3 weeks.....waiting till 29 Dec.. But i nvr do CTG wor. Just normal scanning to hear bb heartbeat that all. Shall see nxt appt if my gynae doing that. I rem my nos. 1, i also nvr have CTG before.
i also haben do ctg ... for #1 i did it and the following week C sect liao ..
this one haben go .but i guess this sat will do ... then if all goes well...next week C sect ... for my xmas present lolz

actually past 36wks ... pain is not what i worry... but more like must monitoring beanie movement ..that one more critical .. cos scare the ambilical cord around neck ... or pre-clampsia etc

all others pain.. or numbness or cramp... ..chicken feets ... no concern to me

this one haben go .but i guess this sat will do ... then if all goes well...next week C sect ... for my xmas present lolz
No la .. She's still using nb .. But I stock up first ma .. Since Hb going to Japan lol

Wowowow....so excited...next week wor. Mine still waiting. lol

I thought is not normal. Cos i ever check with Gynae before, he say maybe bacteria? Cos cannot be pain or sore there etc. Even i sit too long, i standup, also feel abit pain there.
Really? I shall check with my gynae this fri. Anyway anyone having more discharge nowadays?

I did CTG last week at 36 wks.. did again this morning. I'm 37+3 today. Gynae said baby's head is 2/5 engaged..wahh next week she will check my cervix for dilation..got my pre admission letter today also. So anxious....
Wah, your gynae so precise huh...2/5 engaged. :)
Last week at week 36 my gynae oso say my bb engaged liao. But dun noe to wat stage lah. You are aiming for natural delivery rite?

Oh. I had discharge since 5th mth. And seems to be getting heavier lol! Hope baby stay in there till jan. I am only 35 weeks plus.
Oh the obvious and heavier discharge is from week 35 , earlier is very little and not disturbing .. Week 35 one is disturbing ... Lol I dun like panty liner ..

Gd noon lovely mummies....

Just came back from my 37 week check up... We turn 38 weeks dis Thursday...

Baby head is still down, est weight 2.8kg and gynae estimate another week or so.

Told her of my cramps n pains n sleepless nights etc.. she says all according to cue. So all is well...

Didn't do ctg. Cz I dun think I'm having contractions... no discharges or anything odd... just more pressure below...

Encourage to continue walking to engage baby but den nt too much or else baby might arrive sooner den due hehehe.

Hope everyone and their buns in the buns are doing well... We r almost done roasting!!!!
:)

Oh the obvious and heavier discharge is from week 35 , earlier is very little and not disturbing .. Week 35 one is disturbing ... Lol I dun like panty liner ..
How bad is it?? Very mucus-like?? Did u have a show (mucus plug discharge)?

I don't like pantyliner too, always give me rashes below....

Wow .. You mean before pregnant no discharge ? So good !!! For me on and off will have it .. Think if my menses coming will have discharge ...

Yap Before preggy not much discharge so no nd panty liner at all. But ever since preggy, although no nd pad, but everyday must put panty liner. sigh...

Back