(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Mine 7 weeks Liao, I still swaddle him under the armpits, don't swaddle hands now... Cuz he will protest, swaddle body and leg he still okay.

I don't give yaolan too, cuz scared of shaken baby syndrome... And the repeated rocking will make him reliant to it. In future can only sleep in yaolan...

MY in laws also ask me to get, but I insist no... They will say things like but I also use it for your son, he okay wat... =.= I'll juz reply, last time no research and anyway it's my son so I should make the decision...

mine lo, when i feed her, she fall asleep, den later i change her diapers, she woke up with big big eyes staring at me..
I usually change diapers halfway through his feed, so that he remains awake after changing and will continue to latch for his feed until he sleep...
Same here.. have to carry bb walk arnd, rock him and sing song.. after he fall into deep sleep then can put in crib. Sometimes like that he also dont sleep... just open his eyes big big.

Chest i tried today.. not bad, he fell asleep while i burp him and he slept until his next feed.

I do the same but mine don't like my chest leh... Always wiggle wiggle to look for boob only. He only likes his daddy's chest....

Jaudice still drink gao gao soup, how to flush? I forced myself to eat more fatty food, even my soup is oily. But I see no different loh. My milk still watery. I think is depend on body one ba.. maybe my body digest/burn the fats i eat faster? Idk.
But is it really true that fattier bm more filling??
Fattier bm is more hind milk so more nutrients/fat and technically more filling cuz foremilk is mostly water.... You can consider taking Virgin coconut oil? It's a milk booster and supposedly make the milk more nutritious...

Last edited:

I use yaolan but nvr shake, just put her inside, like swaddle like tt she sleep better.

I use pacifier also Cox she really can cry and I am afraid she take in too much air by crying. I offer her when she gets cranky, and hold her Close to my chest and pat her to calm or make her sleep..

I felt like I doing all the things that modern parents don't feel like introducing.. but these works best for me and my bb.. if not she go crying her head off and I will cry with her.

Anybody baby cry when bathing? Mine cry everytime I bath her.. damn demoralizing..

I use yaolan but nvr shake, just put her inside, like swaddle like tt she sleep better.

I use pacifier also Cox she really can cry and I am afraid she take in too much air by crying. I offer her when she gets cranky, and hold her Close to my chest and pat her to calm or make her sleep..

I felt like I doing all the things that modern parents don't feel like introducing.. but these works best for me and my bb.. if not she go crying her head off and I will cry with her.

Anybody baby cry when bathing? Mine cry everytime I bath her.. damn demoralizing..

Ur baby how many weeks ya. Ive been thinking when should i introduce pacifier. Anyway, dont worry, just make decisions best for urself ans baby. Dont care what others do.

Mine cries reallllllly loud every bath time also. So difficult cos he kicking and struggling then very hard to hold and bathe him. :(

My bb doesn't want the pacifier. I was desperate n decided to give it to her but she spat it out many times and gagged.. when showering she seems quite scared still. Think cos my bath tub quite big. She will grab onto my tshirt tightly..lately she doesn't cry as much when I bathe her. Starting she did cry.. always make me panic..

I usually change diapers halfway through his feed, so that he remains awake after changing and will continue to latch for his feed until he sleep...

haha, mine always shit halfway through feed and sometimes after feed... so no choice i gotta change after she fall asleep.. the whole process can take 1 hr in middle of night omg..

how long are your LO latching now?

My gal 5wks+, started bathing her like after confinement. She cry the moment i put her into the tub.

We give pacifer when she is a few days old.

I thought i be a loving mother, turn outs alot of things i feel i cqnt handle. Been crying alot.

As long as it works for you, who cares what others say? Ultimately we need to be there for our babies and if the practices help us maintain our sanity and achieve that, then go for it! :)

I also use pacifier for when he is super cranky and refuse to sleep...

Mine used to cry a lot but now much better le... Is it temp of water? Mine like very warm water, he doesn't cry as much after I used warmer water, and I wrap him in 2 towels while undressing him so that he doesn't catch a chill....

My gal 5wks+, started bathing her like after confinement. She cry the moment i put her into the tub.

I thought i be a loving mother, turn outs alot of things i feel i cqnt handle. Been crying alot.

It's ok, don't get demoralized, we just need to get used to our new role and the new little one in our lives.

As long as it works for you, who cares what others say? Ultimately we need to be there for our babies and if the practices help us maintain our sanity and achieve that, then go for it! :)

I also use pacifier for when he is super cranky and refuse to sleep...

Mine used to cry a lot but now much better le... Is it temp of water? Mine like very warm water, he doesn't cry as much after I used warmer water, and I wrap him in 2 towels while undressing him so that he doesn't catch a chill....

My boy cries when I bathe him but not when my hubby bathes him... Think hubby arms stronger can support him he feel safer.. Argh

haha, mine always shit halfway through feed and sometimes after feed... so no choice i gotta change after she fall asleep.. the whole process can take 1 hr in middle of night omg..

how long are your LO latching now?

Mine also likes to multitask and eat and shit at same time lol

I think babies cry when they bath cos either 1) they r cold 2) they r scared. My CL initially left one mitten on when we are bathing the bb, they feel more secure that way. It also has to do with the way we hold them I think. When my CL bath my bb, he is usually ok nowadays, i observed a few times n thought no problem, looks easy enough, i can do it, but yesterday when I tried to do it myself for the first time, think i was holding him abit awkwardly, man, he screamed the house down n promptly peed (a lot) on me to show his displeasure. Alamak! Temp should be around 37 degrees, and ideally the bum n feet be should in the water, or at least scoop warm water over their body, its like when we go swimming, when we r in water, we don't feel cold, but when we leave the water, its freezing. Keep the bb wrapped as u clean the face n hair, only expose him at the end when u have to wash his body.

Me too. Hubs been coming home to a crying wife n bb lately. Pity him..told him I'll try to be stronger. So tough being all alone with bb at home facing all the cries almost every hr lately. Pek cek max..

Mine also likes to multitask and eat and shit at same time lol
hahaha ya, sometimes i change halfway she fart and the poo also come out together.. once i shout for help and woke my mum up cos her poo really alot lo, overflow my changing mat and stain the mattress somemore..

Motherhood is all about the experience and experimenting what works best for mummy and our LO. If ure giving ur best for LO thats more than enough..dont worry about social norms or what others say.

Me too. Hubs been coming home to a crying wife n bb lately. Pity him..told him I'll try to be stronger. So tough being all alone with bb at home facing all the cries almost every hr lately. Pek cek max..
The first few times, when I bath my boy, he cried until like I am torturing him. Then next pattern is shit n pee on the towel b4 I even start bathing. Need to use at least 2 towels every time. Hopefully will get better as we get more stable hands. Our bb are trying to get use to us oso.
I find that they are less scare if they face downwards towards the water than facing upwards towards to ceiling when bathing. So I will bath him a longer time facing him downwards. But of cos hand must be steady, else they will drink water liao.

My bb is esp cranky at nite ard 9 plus. I tried giving him the pacifier. 1st time succeed to calm him down. But subsequently, he dun wan liao. I find him like rejecting my nipple after that oso. So I stopped giving him pacifier. My mil still say bcos the pacifier head too small so he dun like. I can't imagine if give him the big old style of pacifier, I dun need to latch him anymore liao.

Beside having to face the bb alone wif all the chores. I have to face my pil oso. Sometime they will come in the evening and say wan to "take care" and "bond" wif my bb. But I dun noe is my hormones or is the ways they do things. I just find them irritating and putting more stress on me. And in the end, I am still left to pacified and take care of the bb alone.
Forgiving mi for ranting...just feeling v frustrated.

Did you let her wear mutton when bathing and only remove it when you apply bath foam and did you pat some water on her chest before applying bath foam ?

When my cl bath her she will cry like mad but for me hehehe ok cos I apply the above technique

The first few times, when I bath my boy, he cried until like I am torturing him. Then next pattern is shit n pee on the towel b4 I even start bathing. Need to use at least 2 towels every time. Hopefully will get better as we get more stable hands. Our bb are trying to get use to us oso.
I find that they are less scare if they face downwards towards the water than facing upwards towards to ceiling when bathing. So I will bath him a longer time facing him downwards. But of cos hand must be steady, else they will drink water liao.

My bb is esp cranky at nite ard 9 plus. I tried giving him the pacifier. 1st time succeed to calm him down. But subsequently, he dun wan liao. I find him like rejecting my nipple after that oso. So I stopped giving him pacifier. My mil still say bcos the pacifier head too small so he dun like. I can't imagine if give him the big old style of pacifier, I dun need to latch him anymore liao.

Beside having to face the bb alone wif all the chores. I have to face my pil oso. Sometime they will come in the evening and say wan to "take care" and "bond" wif my bb. But I dun noe is my hormones or is the ways they do things. I just find them irritating and putting more stress on me. And in the end, I am still left to pacified and take care of the bb alone.
Understand how u feel..hugs! Glad to have this place to rant..guess we're all in it tgtr. Our babies are also as helpless as us..can only cry to tell us sth..up to us to decipher why they cry..guess it's when we can't tell why then we feel frustrated and panicky. Jiayou all..

Ooh will try the face down technique tomorrow. Hope he doesnt wriggle so much cos quite hard to hold him.

Know how you feel... I think cos we are alr strung tight w stress n lack of sleep we are highly emotional n irritable. Must tell myself everyday to be stronger ..

hmmm.. does it last throughout from the start of feeding to end? i always feel abit pain when baby start latching but after a few mins the pain is ok..
No lah that sounds normal. The pain is during latching when bb sucking. Also the aerola will hv a glazy appearance . At first I thought is sore or cracked nipple so I just applied breast milk,din work then progress to nipple cream then lanolin cream. Then got so much worse that I cun bear to suckle bb on that breast, literally wanna scream in pain. Then I realise something not right and went to research a bit.

Read somewhere that 女人会做一天的公主,十个月的皇后,一个月的皇太后及一生的奴婢。lol we had our princess wedding day and ten months as queen, one mth confinement got pp to attend to us, now is the tough part.. Our lives will be slave girl to our children, hahaha.

Mine too. New pattern is she will cry till midnight from 9 plus. Haiz..
Yah why ? I Try to control her sleep during day just dun work lor .. She like to take power nap of 15 mins and that is sufficient to let her power up tl midnight or 1 am haiz

I am so exhausted from the late night sleep and night feed and pumping * yawn*

Yah why ? I Try to control her sleep during day just dun work lor .. She like to take power nap of 15 mins and that is sufficient to let her power up tl midnight or 1 am haiz

Me too...

Read somewhere that 女人会做一天的公主,十个月的皇后,一个月的皇太后及一生的奴婢。lol we had our princess wedding day and ten months as queen, one mth confinement got pp to attend to us, now is the tough part.. Our lives will be slave girl to our children, hahaha.
Noooooooooooo...

I read that if they don't nap enough in the day, they can also be over stimulated n not be able to sleep at night..think that's the prob for my bb cos she has trouble napping in the day. Just wanna be carried n keep crying when I put her down. Can't do much all day..

hey mummies..
what r ur kids jaundice level?
whats the acceptable range?

how come I read in previous posts about jaundice level more than 100 or 200.. ?

My baby jaundice level was around 80+ and was allowed to check out. Her level was about the same when she went back for checkup a week later. Not required to stay in the hospital just advise from PD to suntan her.

I read that if they don't nap enough in the day, they can also be over stimulated n not be able to sleep at night..think that's the prob for my bb cos she has trouble napping in the day. Just wanna be carried n keep crying when I put her down. Can't do much all day..
Haiz

Sleep tiI much cannot sleep too little aso can how to manage sob sob

By comparison my #1 is a breeze

The last time

Attachments

• 1423685223471.jpg
    1423685223471.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 249

Me too. Whole day carry. Really can't do anything all day. When I finally hv chance to pass LO to my mum, I doze off immediately for 3hrs! Tat's the longest I hv slept for in the past 1mth.

Me too. Whole day carry. Really can't do anything all day. When I finally hv chance to pass LO to my mum, I doze off immediately for 3hrs! Tat's the longest I hv slept for in the past 1mth.
Me too. When my mum can come over n help me I will nap for a short while. Was so exhausted last night I knocked out immediately n didn't even know bb cried. Felt so terrible. Thank goodness hubs managed to pacify her.

haiz, i'm officially in round 2 of depression - my CL is leaving in 30 mins... i sure am going to miss her. think my bb will go into depression too, once he realise she's gone - she has a way of soothing him when he's cranky... she will hold him n talk/sing to him n 90% of the time he will actually stop n just stare at her. i tried the same, n he will just scream louder. jia lat. i have a colleague due in May who tried to book her for 4 months, n when i first found out i lol... now i totally understand why!

reading this brought some tears too.
makes me so guilty for "scolding" her earlier this morning "what on earth is it you want? i am already very tired" when she was fussing at abt 4 am
totally understand what u are going thru

haiz, i'm officially in round 2 of depression - my CL is leaving in 30 mins... i sure am going to miss her. think my bb will go into depression too, once he realise she's gone - she has a way of soothing him when he's cranky... she will hold him n talk/sing to him n 90% of the time he will actually stop n just stare at her. i tried the same, n he will just scream louder. jia lat. i have a colleague due in May who tried to book her for 4 months, n when i first found out i lol... now i totally understand why!
My sis aso booked cl for 4 months lolz it seem a norm these days

Back