(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

I heard other says underpad is one of chargeable items. i also thought of bringing.. but eventually i took it out from my bag. cos i dunno how to tell nurses about using my own underpad lol.. think they will just go ahead and prepare the underpad even before we know it lol

I'm bringing one underpad for car, just in case i stain the seat.. lol.. i like damn kaisu

Yes! It was so warm in the hosp. Despite sleepin in aircon I was perspiring the whole night lol!
I was the only one complaining abt e temp also. Hub n all visitors were shivering but I was perspiring! Kena scolding Fro ah ma when I say hot. When I start to come dwn Fro bed yesterday, then I realised the rest of the rm is actually freezing. Strangely the vent above my bed was no wking

btw mummies who have popped, is it an absolute must to bring the breast pump along to the hospital?
If your baby latches well n not like most if us with sleepy babies, it's good to bring along to stimulate the breasts... no milk for first time mummy up to 5 days. Take the milk supply tablets from dr tham...

Dealt with an extremely colicky bb last night :(
Screamed so loud think all the neighbors can hear..carry also scream.
Tried putting oil, played white noise, carrying her in diff positions, give pacifier, all no avail..
Finally dozed off after carrying n pacifying her from 11-1230.. Hands numb Liao!

Changing my diet today n see if my bm is the cause of her colicky
I also think btw 10~1am...the babies will fuss a lot even after recent feed...

Need yr comments...

How do I break the news to my relatives whom I met once a year during cny abt my newborn without upsetting them coz i nvr inform them that I'm pregnant. Or shd I be bother abt them? My mum worry they will blame her. I said it's my personal life, dun hv to broadcast to all. Was thinking whether to order full mth cake out of respect and deliver to them personally. This way they won't be piss with me?
I think not obliged to inform..anyway its gonna be cny n if u cant hse visiting, sure ppl will ask ard

haha the room v nice.. but i am happy with taking just the normal singel
It's the same lah.... I think normal single prob better. Coz I'm staying at level5, nursery still under Reno. My rm is right beside the temp nursery, can hear bb cry all the time. Not tat 'peaceful' also. Yesterday night I heard loud crying n the nurses commenting abt bb crying for v long wan to ask mummy if wan to top up w more similac, I panic. Coz b4 tat I Juz told them no need to top up for my bb n my bb was on similac past days. I tot it's my bb. Called them, turn out. Not talking abt me.

N these 2nights hub not staying w me coz #1 not well after visiting us on 1st day. So stay premier single companion foc, no use for me also

Better bring a bigger bag to the hospital for those who haven't pop. I end up taking a lot things home, hospital gave diaper bag and gifts, Posb gifts, a lot chap ba lang things to bring back, bath tub, left over baby wipes/diapers... lucky the day before we asked my in laws to carry all the gifts that friends gave so left all these also very heavy! my hubby asked his cousin to come help us and fetch us home :)

I'm bringing them just in case baby poop or have to feed during the ride home.. swaddle cuz my hospital dont provide. I'm bringing one set of baby going home clothes too.

Can bring drinks meh?? Hahaha
Can (for tmc). I brought canned drinks and packet drinks. If nt my visitors come nothing to drink

If u R staying with tmc, please expect 4 packs 1 for new mum, 1 diaper bag from tmc with 1 pack of new diapers... TMC sg50pack n posb sg50 pack

It's the same lah.... I think normal single prob better. Coz I'm staying at level5, nursery still under Reno. My rm is right beside the temp nursery, can hear bb cry all the time. Not tat 'peaceful' also. Yesterday night I heard loud crying n the nurses commenting abt bb crying for v long wan to ask mummy if wan to top up w more similac, I panic. Coz b4 tat I Juz told them no need to top up for my bb n my bb was on similac past days. I tot it's my bb. Called them, turn out. Not talking abt me.

N these 2nights hub not staying w me coz #1 not well after visiting us on 1st day. So stay premier single companion foc, no use for me also
oh yest when I was at level 5 it was quiet. unless they stopped reno work during the tour season lolll

Check with you mummies, for colleagues who bought gifts for you yet you don't invite for baby shower do you go back office and send them cake boxes?

One thing is not everyone eat the eggs and ang ku kuey (due to pantang reasons)

Check with you mummies, for colleagues who bought gifts for you yet you don't invite for baby shower do you go back office and send them cake boxes?

I went back today to give them voucher and ordered 2 cakes for them to eat

Intend to buy cake vouchers for them then for the rest of the closer colleagues buy cakes for them to share. For the colleague covering my job scope, I'll get a lil extra for him...

idk leh. u know yest I went for the hospital tour, I was asking about what is included in the package (for up to single room). apparently it includes consummables like the pads etc. but if u are in the premier single, then everything is a la carte.

I find the staff who conduct the tour not very knowledgable... If they tell you consumables like pads are incl in the package then get it in black and white from them, cuz I was charged for underpads and pads too.

Re sterilizing - TMC cannot sterilize for you, but they provide sterilizing tablets for free. You can buy a container from them or bring your own. Make sure your container can contain all the parts you need to sterilize and at least 2l of water, cuz you need to soak the parts in 2l of water with the tablet for at least an hour...

Intend to buy cake vouchers for them then for the rest of the closer colleagues buy cakes for them to share. For the colleague covering my job scope, I'll get a lil extra for him...

I find the staff who conduct the tour not very knowledgable... If they tell you consumables like pads are incl in the package then get it in black and white from them, cuz I was charged for underpads and pads too.

Re sterilizing - TMC cannot sterilize for you, but they provide sterilizing tablets for free. You can buy a container from them or bring your own. Make sure your container can contain all the parts you need to sterilize and at least 2l of water, cuz you need to soak the parts in 2l of water with the tablet for at least an hour...
They provide me with the container w ready solution. Say will change every 24h, but no tongs. Got to use ur hand to pk out e items.

I was the only one complaining abt e temp also. Hub n all visitors were shivering but I was perspiring! Kena scolding Fro ah ma when I say hot. When I start to come dwn Fro bed yesterday, then I realised the rest of the rm is actually freezing. Strangely the vent above my bed was no wking
I also perspiring lor when e rest all claim okie...but when bb in room we will off e air con...

Anyone using the freestyle here ? need some help ... i am charging it for the firSt time but I don't see "batt" flashing. I note that the pump has 1 bar of battery....and the pump can work when I turn it on without it being connected to the mains. so it seems that the battery was charged for a bit, just like a new mobile phone. But how do I know if it's charging cos I thought I an supposed to charge it till the batt display disappears

i wrote to them last night to ask. also asked if there is a cap on the duration of usage for the delivery suite. Cos for kkh the package includes 8 hrs of delivery suite usage. no mention of that at tmc. and what exactly is "commonly used consunmables"
. that's very vague.
ok I think id bring the medela pump wipes instead of using the sterilising tablets then. I don't like the smell of it

Anyone using the freestyle here ? need some help ... i am charging it for the firSt time but I don't see "batt" flashing. I note that the pump has 1 bar of battery....and the pump can work when I turn it on without it being connected to the mains. so it seems that the battery was charged for a bit, just like a new mobile phone. But how do I know if it's charging cos I thought I an supposed to charge it till the batt display disappears
i am using freestyle .. when you pluck to mains do you see a plug like indicator on the screen ..if yes that means it is charging but being 1st time using you need to charge longer

Fully charge the battery until the battery indicator stops flashing and “bAtt” disappears.

i am using freestyle .. when you pluck to mains do you see a plug like indicator on the screen ..if yes that means it is charging but being 1st time using you need to charge longer

Fully charge the battery until the battery indicator stops flashing and “bAtt” disappears.
don't see anything on the screen

For those delivering at tmc, might wan to bring bb mittens n booties. They only provide clothes n wrap for going home.

Back