(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Need yr comments...

How do I break the news to my relatives whom I met once a year during cny abt my newborn without upsetting them coz i nvr inform them that I'm pregnant. Or shd I be bother abt them? My mum worry they will blame her. I said it's my personal life, dun hv to broadcast to all. Was thinking whether to order full mth cake out of respect and deliver to them personally. This way they won't be piss with me?

Need yr comments...

How do I break the news to my relatives whom I met once a year during cny abt my newborn without upsetting them coz i nvr inform them that I'm pregnant. Or shd I be bother abt them? My mum worry they will blame her. I said it's my personal life, dun hv to broadcast to all. Was thinking whether to order full mth cake out of respect and deliver to them personally. This way they won't be piss with me?

i purposely post photos of washing newborn clothings on facebook, so that all the relatives know. Then when invite them to full month not so shocking lol

but these were prior to give birth le

Has ur gynae scan n comfirm that baby head is down n engage ?

They old ways of looking at tummy drop or not may not be accurate. Like for me.. this round my tummy nv "drop" n looks quite high up. My mum even ask me if baby turn heads up again izzit. But gynae scan n confirm baby is heads down n engage...

My dr cmf baby is in the right postion for giving birth. I see I see.. thanks for ur info ^^

Need yr comments...

acty I think I wont even bother with the cake

i purposely post photos of washing newborn clothings on facebook, so that all the relatives know. Then when invite them to full month not so shocking lol

but these were prior to give birth le
I nv post any photos hahaa. My cousin also didn't know I am abt 36 / 37 wks :D :D

initially my appt 830, but lately, i changed to 230 appt. but both sessions, gave me the chop chop feeling le.. maybe he just changed his machine on wed or thurs.. cos i went on tues. he didnt LO weight gained is because of the machine.. chiam liao.. if last reading underestimate and my LO is like over his expectation. i cant imagine what he is going to say for next appt.. :eek:
Dunno if he said that to make me feel better also =X

Lol I brought a lot of stuff but in the end all nv use.
What did u pack ? I have the following:-
1. Jackets for myself and hb. I put in my scarf too.
2. 2 sets of PJs
3. 3 sheets of chux
4. 1 pack of S pad
5. Bedroom sleepers
6. Socks
7. Toiletries
8. baby cap, mittens and socks
Thinking of taking out my scarf so I can fit in my makeup pouch. I too haven't put in the chargers and pump...zzz

Need yr comments...

My relatives also I only see during CNY, they didn't know I was pregnant either, until my mum informed them after I delivered. Like u, I also prefer not to broadcast, don't need their nagging n questioning, however well meaning. Luckily my mum feels the same way - she gets very stressed by them too! Ordering n delivering full month cakes personally sounds like a good idea, if u have the time. 都亲自送上门了, they can't be angry at u right?

My relatives also I only see during CNY, they didn't know I was pregnant either, until my mum informed them after I delivered. Like u, I also prefer not to broadcast, don't need their nagging n questioning, however well meaning. Luckily my mum feels the same way - she gets very stressed by them too! Ordering n delivering full month cakes personally sounds like a good idea, if u have the time. 都亲自送上门了, they can't be angry at u right?
to me, they angry then angry lor. u see them only 1x a yr. no biggie....u wanna cut off all comms with me also nvm

2. 2 sets of PJs
3. 3 sheets of chux
4. 1 pack of S pad
5. Bedroom sleepers
6. Socks
7. Toiletries
Thinking of taking out my scarf so I can fit in my makeup pouch. I too haven't put in the chargers and pump...zzz

Babe, I can tell u for me #1,2,3,5,6 I didn't use. Cos room won't be too cold, cos bb won't like, mine was perpectually around 25 degree, until I v hot. PJ not really necessary cos hospital will provide nursing gowns. Chux is the disposable underpad right? Hospital provide. Same for bedroom slippers. What I really used were my pads, n disposable underwear to stick them on.

Babe, I can tell u for me #1,2,3,5,6 I didn't use. Cos room won't be too cold, cos bb won't like, mine was perpectually around 25 degree, until I v hot. PJ not really necessary cos hospital will provide nursing gowns. Chux is the disposable underpad right? Hospital provide. Same for bedroom slippers. What I really used were my pads, n disposable underwear to stick them on.
delivery suite...cold ?

2. 2 sets of PJs
3. 3 sheets of chux
4. 1 pack of S pad
5. Bedroom sleepers
6. Socks
7. Toiletries

pls bring along marriage certr

Ur sugar level in ultrasound machine ok? Mine today 37...admitted to hospital will c-sec tonight or tmr morning...

My gynae says its normal...

And i just found out that my accu chek is giving me low readings cuz I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE CHIP, when i open a new box of strips. *Stupid me!

ok then I think I shld go and charge my pump then!
I think I can seek the nurses' assistance in sterilizing the parts and the bottle?

If Mt A they prefer you rent from them, then they will take care of all the bottles and sterilizing. Less tiring for mummies too, not exp but forgot how much.

not kua zhuang right? i scare im the one carrying a luggage to delivery room.. hahaha
both delivery i also bring that cos easy to carry and pull mah lolz

Need yr comments...

i didn't break news to such relatives cos only see once a year during CNY .. my mom used to worry about what others see her ... but some how this year she bo chap lolz but out of respective i bought those full month voucher and will mail it over to them instead of delivery
cos 1stly i don't believe they totally dunno that i was pregnant cos words travel ...2ndly since they also dun bother to congrats me so i dun bother to throw a full month celebration for such pple 3rdly i dun want to deliver cos i dun want to meet them and they may feel obligated to give red packet if i suddenly appear at their door step with cake

2. 2 sets of PJs
3. 3 sheets of chux
4. 1 pack of S pad
5. Bedroom sleepers
6. Socks
7. Toiletries

Rmb to bring these as well:
For mom: maternity bra, nursing pads, disposable panties, comfy slippers, entertainment device.
For baby: swaddle, baby wipes, baby diap, small wash cloth/towel.

I not holding any full month celebration.. :p
Will be buying vouchers to give my relatives. Heng cny is around the corner, so I give the voucher during cny.

For mom: maternity bra, nursing pads, disposable panties, comfy slippers, entertainment device.
oh ya I forgot about bra. =X

hw cm need bb wipes, diapers etc leh?

i didn't break news to such relatives cos only see once a year during CNY .. my mom used to worry about what others see her ... but some how this year she bo chap lolz but out of respective i bought those full month voucher and will mail it over to them instead of delivery
cos 1stly i don't believe they totally dunno that i was pregnant cos words travel ...2ndly since they also dun bother to congrats me so i dun bother to throw a full month celebration for such pple 3rdly i dun want to deliver cos i dun want to meet them and they may feel obligated to give red packet if i suddenly appear at their door step with cake
agree with you on ur 2nd pt.

wait till u have @$%& relatives who ask u "how ah the man yue celebration" when u and some of ur cousins are popping abt the same time. then tell u a story bordering around the lines abt the neighbor (not my neighbor) who has say, his daughter planning her wedding at a certain time, then the relative (neighbor's)'s son plans a wedding arnd the same time, so the neighbor is upset. what is the purpose of telling u the story leh

Yes! It was so warm in the hosp. Despite sleepin in aircon I was perspiring the whole night lol!

I heard other says underpad is one of chargeable items. i also thought of bringing.. but eventually i took it out from my bag. cos i dunno how to tell nurses about using my own underpad lol.. think they will just go ahead and prepare the underpad even before we know it lol

I felt the same on yr pt 3:)

Same sentiments... wanna bb come out asap! Ha n i dun miss being pregnant...
lolz ^5
agree with you on ur 2nd pt.

wait till u have @$%& relatives who ask u "how ah the man yue celebration" when u and some of ur cousins are popping abt the same time. then tell u a story bordering around the lines abt the neighbor (not my neighbor) who has say, his daughter planning her wedding at a certain time, then the relative (neighbor's)'s son plans a wedding arnd the same time, so the neighbor is upset. what is the purpose of telling u the story leh
my relatives will say ... " you know hor ..my son just bought EC at xx mrt station poor thing he cannot buy HDB " or .. you know my gal's boyfriend just bought a BMW " or ... or which cousin just bought wat ... then follow by " so when are you getting your EC or private condo
or when you change car ... etc ... they are all trying to outshine each other wealth.. haiz.. sianz ...

haha your marriage cert so precious. put inside safe somemore.. hahaha
that's why i dun bother .. lolz ... if they genuine happy for me .. they would have come my house like what my mom always do when their daughter or son in law give birth ... but since they total bo chap me i also bo chap them hehe..but i will retain bit of respect by mailing voucher after all you are my elders :p cousins wise i dun bother to send at all hehehehehe

Baby no need to pack anything. For my case, tmc provide everything. For myself I pack nursing gown, nursing bra, breast pad, maternity pad, hp charger, tidbits, drinks for visitors, (I'm staying single bed, got own fridge). Tat's all

Last edited:
I heard other says underpad is one of chargeable items. i also thought of bringing.. but eventually i took it out from my bag. cos i dunno how to tell nurses about using my own underpad lol.. think they will just go ahead and prepare the underpad even before we know it lol
idk leh. u know yest I went for the hospital tour, I was asking about what is included in the package (for up to single room). apparently it includes consummables like the pads etc. but if u are in the premier single, then everything is a la carte.

lolz ^5

my relatives will say ... " you know hor ..my son just bought EC at xx mrt station poor thing he cannot buy HDB " or .. you know my gal's boyfriend just bought a BMW " or ... or which cousin just bought wat ... then follow by " so when are you getting your EC or private condo
or when you change car ... etc ... they are all trying to outshine each other wealth.. haiz.. sianz ...
that is so sian. oh and yes.... u get wonderful people who want to take back the bb stuff that they gave away previously. but then wanna ya ya say, the son wanna buy a cot that costs 2k.

oh ya I forgot about bra. =X

hw cm need bb wipes, diapers etc leh?
Baby no need to pack anything. For my case, tmc provide everything. For myself I pack nursing gown, nursing bra, breast pad, maternity pad, hp charger, tidbits, drinks for visitors, (I'm staying single bed, got own fridge). Tat's all

I'm bringing them just in case baby poop or have to feed during the ride home.. swaddle cuz my hospital dont provide. I'm bringing one set of baby going home clothes too.

Can bring drinks meh?? Hahaha

Last edited:
Oh i found this in my bag.. Mount A maternity package and what to bring if u are admitting into Mt A.

Attachments

• 1422002769278.jpg
    1422002769278.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 178
i see.
well said
but sometimes u jus count for the sake of putting those oldies mind @ ease haha

Well...I'd tell them the same reasoning lor.

Can't be everyone who has a FSM to calculate the name be very successful right.

Think abt it last time people also call their kids ah kao (dog) or ah ter (pig) , but u also have some of this ah kao or ah ter who became very successful

Well...I'd tell them the same reasoning lor.

Can't be everyone who has a FSM to calculate the name be very successful right.

Think abt it last time people also call their kids ah kao (dog) or ah ter (pig) , but u also have some of this ah kao or ah ter who became very successful

so how did u shortlist the few names?

Back