(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

hi stoneystoney,
indeed i've shortlist Graco for both play pen & pram. :) Where u find more designs of Graco play pen?

hi stoneystoney,
indeed i've shortlist Graco for both play pen & pram. :) Where u find more designs of Graco play pen?
hmm. actually i no go find. hahaha. my sis use Graco and comment very stable.
i knw some ladies go to amazon to find the designs. n some even manage to get free delivery to sin. thus the price is quite cheap.

if nt u might wan to consider to go baby fair to c the designs.

i now aiming *************** and baby market fair.... still got big items haven buy. lol.....

Christin3K.. i rem u mentioning ur younger sis is preg too? Mayb ur mom dun wan to show biase towards any of u? Tts y she 干脆 dun help to take care for both babies?

You can try those CL agencies.. im sure u still can find one now.

My elder sister.. She will be due in feb... But my sis will move out to her own flat n live with her mother in law leh.. She easier lor... My mum always last min then say cannot... Especially when my sis say business cannot cope without my mum then my mum have to run both sides... My sis is the trouble maker la... I keep quiet only.. No matter wat is family business..

She make a lot of noise when I keep mc when I was in my 4th month preggy.. Say I don't work much yet still can get pay.. Then my dad and mum get stuck in between..

My mum still kana scolded by my sis's husband for being so biased towards me and all.. He also too much la... That's why my hub very pissed.. He straight away tell my dad I quit until I give birth and bb is big enough for my mum to handle.. Then my dad now try his best to help me in all ways although I keep reject his help financially.. But he still push money to me.. But under table... Cos my sis will make noise again..

er better don't challenge yrself if you are unprepared or u need more time recovering(since u say u have bad water retention now?).
u still need to constantly change bb's nappies, bath and bf…
in this case better get a cl?

Ya lor.. Hais.. Do wat also wrong leh.. My hub's fren also got. Confinement lady thru agent but it was a bad experience and got difficulty changing it also.. Plus my hub n I don't have a spare room for the CL.. And we don't like having a stranger staying at our place...

So my hub now try asking my mil see she can help anot.. Maybe weekdays come over for 3 days to help me every week.. Weekend my hub around so ok.. Then food go for catering..

I am also on the overweight range. First trimester due to vomiting , I lost 3.5 kg, unfortunately, I packed it all back plus more. See my Gyne on tuesday when I go back to SG. Doing my glucose test also. I take mainly 2 meals a day and a snack sometimes as I wake up quite late, been feeling tired already and I am only approaching 27 weeks. I crave mainly beef, salad and chocolate...

I also feel tired.. I can slp at midnight and wake up at 11am.. And nap at 3pm.. Lol... My meal in the day very light.. Always take sandwich.. Or porridge... Evening I cook.. Or go back my mum's place eat...

Snack also.. Sometimes chocolate.. If not cereal.. Lol.. Sometimes potato chips.. Anyways.. Just eat all in moderation.. I will cleanse my system before seeing my gynae few days before by eating a lot more healthier and cut out junk food..

But still gain weight... Also heading into 27weeks Liao.

hmm. actually i no go find. hahaha. my sis use Graco and comment very stable.
i knw some ladies go to amazon to find the designs. n some even manage to get free delivery to sin. thus the price is quite cheap.

if nt u might wan to consider to go baby fair to c the designs.

i now aiming *************** and baby market fair.... still got big items haven buy. lol.....

Yah amazon has good prices. We bought bouncer from there

My elder sister.. She will be due in feb... But my sis will move out to her own flat n live with her mother in law leh.. She easier lor... My mum always last min then say cannot... Especially when my sis say business cannot cope without my mum then my mum have to run both sides... My sis is the trouble maker la... I keep quiet only.. No matter wat is family business..

She make a lot of noise when I keep mc when I was in my 4th month preggy.. Say I don't work much yet still can get pay.. Then my dad and mum get stuck in between..

My mum still kana scolded by my sis's husband for being so biased towards me and all.. He also too much la... That's why my hub very pissed.. He straight away tell my dad I quit until I give birth and bb is big enough for my mum to handle.. Then my dad now try his best to help me in all ways although I keep reject his help financially.. But he still push money to me.. But under table... Cos my sis will make noise again..

Why like that?? How can sil scold ur mom?? If me I sure scold him de lo.. It's not that I want to keep mc what... If can I also don't want mc.. What is ur sis thinking?

Ur parents don't have say meh? Den ask ur sis don't take mc leh... Since u take mc she say.. Den she better don't take lo... Own family lo... Why wan so geh GAO?? Even work outside also entitled to mc and Hl de leh...

I thk I better engage a CL ba.. Things is going to get worst if ur sis is a trouble maker.. Look for those day time de lo.. If not worst comes to worst den order confinement food l9zz

If ur budget ok.. Den look for tmc de confinement nanny.. They all should be quite ok de... Well trained kind.. Can go take a look......

hi jas1982, the confinement herbs at this shop can be bought before delivery? u know what's the shop name? yr mum remember the cost?
i know Thomson medical's TCM does that after u delivery…they will take the pulse reading for u and arrange daily medicine accdy...cost is $380+ for 28 medicine.
HI Babby,
I think you they can be bought before delivery. She forgot the cost as she both some other herbs to cook other stuff for confinement. These are tonic soups for daily consumption not medication.

Anyone intending to eat your placenta? I was just reading abt the benefits of eating your placenta after birth.
I read somewhere there are companies making pills out of placenta after birth . $280 and above. Can google to find. I am considering if I should do that, but sounds gross. What benefits?

er better don't challenge yrself if you are unprepared or u need more time recovering(since u say u have bad water retention now?).
u still need to constantly change bb's nappies, bath and bf…
in this case better get a cl?
I agree with Babby... Better get a CL. Anyway you also said your mum won't help with baby if you go over. She will cook only. So moving over doesn't quite help with the caregiving part ah. By then maybe too late to find alternative help le...

i want a play pen, my hub wants a cot…he say play pen too unstable and soft!
cot bumper is necessarily!
Cot bumper is v warm for the baby... Because it blocks out the wind... Actually before 3.5-4+ months don't have to worry too much because baby cannot flip and all, so movement quite limited one. Won't hit themselves so easily...

Babby... do you have a visible bump? I am 23 weeks today and bump still not visible and ppl just think I gain weight

hi divineparadise, i also still barely there bump at week 25+. meet up with my girlfriends today and they also comment on it! i just look like weight gain too with thick waist. i'm around an XL before preg so think there's lots of room?

Why like that?? How can sil scold ur mom?? If me I sure scold him de lo.. It's not that I want to keep mc what... If can I also don't want mc.. What is ur sis thinking?

Ur parents don't have say meh? Den ask ur sis don't take mc leh... Since u take mc she say.. Den she better don't take lo... Own family lo... Why wan so geh GAO?? Even work outside also entitled to mc and Hl de leh...

I thk I better engage a CL ba.. Things is going to get worst if ur sis is a trouble maker.. Look for those day time de lo.. If not worst comes to worst den order confinement food l9zz

If ur budget ok.. Den look for tmc de confinement nanny.. They all should be quite ok de... Well trained kind.. Can go take a look......

Ever since she preggy.. She keep taking off.. Now she happy happy jiu go overseas... Throw the business back to my dad... When my dad suppose to be half retire mode Liao.. Just becos she got married in June and have yet to go for her honeymoon... She still in her first trimester lor..

And her husband also work for the family business.. Carry goods one... Now he go overseas.. Expect my dad to carry and deliver himself.. When my dad arm and neck just went thru operation in march nia.. And was ask not to carry heavy stuff at all... She very yaya she pregnant so fast.... Cos she married 1 week later she test... She was found positive... So show off lor... Honestly... Nth to be boastful about lor...

I agree with Babby... Better get a CL. Anyway you also said your mum won't help with baby if you go over. She will cook only. So moving over doesn't quite help with the caregiving part ah. By then maybe too late to find alternative help le...

Ya lor..my hub sourcing around Liao... I think my mum also canot cope... So long Nvr take care of bb Liao.. Ever since I was born.. Lol...

Cot bumper is v warm for the baby... Because it blocks out the wind... Actually before 3.5-4+ months don't have to worry too much because baby cannot flip and all, so movement quite limited one. Won't hit themselves so easily...

Agree...there is one breathable one fr amazon for usd16...just ordered. Let u guys know how it goes. ..

Have you ladies bought feeding bottles yet? For 1st time mum, can someone advise me what I should be buying? I was thinking of glass or maybe even the comotomo. Buy from Amazon seems cheaper.

Have you ladies bought feeding bottles yet? For 1st time mum, can someone advise me what I should be buying? I was thinking of glass or maybe even the comotomo. Buy from Amazon seems cheaper.
Hi MistyCloud, I will be buying avent natural bottles on amazon. BPA free. My sis uses them for my godson. Natural better. can get spare teets too. A lot cheaper about $9 sgd each and foc shipping. Even fair prices in sg at least 13 sgd each. Wondering if I should get pink ! Same price anyway and bottles have to be changed every 6 monthly.

Ever since she preggy.. She keep taking off.. Now she happy happy jiu go overseas... Throw the business back to my dad... When my dad suppose to be half retire mode Liao.. Just becos she got married in June and have yet to go for her honeymoon... She still in her first trimester lor..

And her husband also work for the family business.. Carry goods one... Now he go overseas.. Expect my dad to carry and deliver himself.. When my dad arm and neck just went thru operation in march nia.. And was ask not to carry heavy stuff at all... She very yaya she pregnant so fast.... Cos she married 1 week later she test... She was found positive... So show off lor... Honestly... Nth to be boastful about lor...

Maybe u voice out lo... And if can u go back and help ur parents... U go back not cuz u wan the pay but I want to help ur parents.. And at the same time can defend for your parents in case ur bil or sis anyhow scold them again..

Sis is elder or younger?

Maybe u voice out lo... And if can u go back and help ur parents... U go back not cuz u wan the pay but I want to help ur parents.. And at the same time can defend for your parents in case ur bil or sis anyhow scold them again..

Sis is elder or younger?

Mine is elder sister... My husband dun allow me go work le.. My dad also tink like wise.. Cos my tummy too big and my office a lot of workers move here n there.. Will bang here n there.. A lot of carrying n handling.. He say dangerous..

My dad just complain my sis on Thursday morning saw air ticket to Phuket very cheap.. Then just buy then flew off at 6plus..

Then they husband n wife 4pm jiu go airport take plane fly off Liao.. Abandon the office job..

Mine is elder sister... My husband dun allow me go work le.. My dad also tink like wise.. Cos my tummy too big and my office a lot of workers move here n there.. Will bang here n there.. A lot of carrying n handling.. He say dangerous..

My dad just complain my sis on Thursday morning saw air ticket to Phuket very cheap.. Then just buy then flew off at 6plus..

Then they husband n wife 4pm jiu go airport take plane fly off Liao.. Abandon the office job..
that's quite irresponsible of your sis. I mean even if holiday at least 1-2 weeks notice. How can just fly off. Your dad just had surgery not long ago. I suggest he hires reliable help. It might be trust worthy to have family working, but some will take advantage. Like in this case. I think your dad better get helpers. You better not go too, if a lot of moving going on it might be dangerous for you.

hi divineparadise, i also still barely there bump at week 25+. meet up with my girlfriends today and they also comment on it! i just look like weight gain too with thick waist. i'm around an XL before preg so think there's lots of room?

Same here... barely there. Only I know I am pregnant. Was a size 16 before pregnancy so you can imagine

Secondhand one will work very well. I am using a second hand one... I don't find it loud although some mummies commented it's loud. Anyway I got so many fat layers

I just got one from Shanghai, original. I paid only about $150 sgd. Will start when I get it. How often to do it? 1 hour a day or 1 hour twice daily? I was a size 12-14 before I was pregnant too and my mum ask if baby size is ok cause my tummy looks small. But so far so good her weight is fine. At 5.5 months, no one gave me their seat on MRT haha so i guessed I just look fatter. But 2 weeks later I got a seat. I feel I am quite big now, but my sis says compared to her SIL who is due 1 week after me, I am quite small. Seems like bigger women will look less pregnant than slim women.

My tummy is showing and some people dont even give up seat on the train. I prefer taking bus as such. Can get seats. ;p

Today there's 2 people whom gave up their seats for me. I din even think I look pregnant! People around me all say my bump is small. I'm a big size girl even before pregnancy.

I just got one from Shanghai, original. I paid only about $150 sgd. Will start when I get it. How often to do it? 1 hour a day or 1 hour twice daily? I was a size 12-14 before I was pregnant too and my mum ask if baby size is ok cause my tummy looks small. But so far so good her weight is fine. At 5.5 months, no one gave me their seat on MRT haha so i guessed I just look fatter. But 2 weeks later I got a seat. I feel I am quite big now, but my sis says compared to her SIL who is due 1 week after me, I am quite small. Seems like bigger women will look less pregnant than slim women.

One hour, twice daily... I do it at 7 am and 10pm. But some days missed cos overslept

Actually, size of bump, visible or not never mind... Because we all have different body shapes to begin with. What is more important is baby is growing well... You girls feel baby moving or kicking already? Gynae says baby growth on track? I think that is what matters most. I agree with Menoid that dressing plays a part too.

None of my colleagues (except about 5-6 very close ones) knew that I was pregnant. All the way till I was away for 2 weeks. They were wondering what happened to me. Then when I went back carrying my 24-weeks tummy, they realised I am preggy! Now I am in 26weeks, and my belly button popped out Liao. Goes to show our body can change so drastically within 2 -3 weeks!

hi dividneparadise, menoid & morninghugs, another bump update from me!
On train this morning and in a straight Aline dress, nobody gives up seats for me, even if i stand in front of the priority seat.
Then I went Eu Yan San shop to buy chicken essence(now got promo mah), i asked the salesgirls if preg can take the amercian ginseng blend one, the salesgirls both say better give something lighter blend to the preg person. when finally i say i am the preg one and abt 6mths, they both smiled and say cannot tell!!!

btw i've been getting very tired lately. also sleep always occupied with many dreams…
u gals like that too?
Yes! The other day I dreamt that I quarrelled with hubby then went into pre term labor. Hubby was angry and switched off the phone then I had to ask my mum to help me call ambulance. Haha. Then I woke up and told hubby abt this dream and never to off his hp.

btw i've been getting very tired lately. also sleep always occupied with many dreams…
u gals like that too?
I have been tired too but I try not to nap in the day cause I am afraid with afternoon naps even harder to fall asleep at night. I get woken up by baby's kicks... haha triple kicks. Yeah dreams are very weird these days. But even worst. I get more emotional and sensitive now. I lose my temper more easily which is bad. My poor hubby keeps asking me why I shout. I say sometimes i cannot help it. I just get annoyed very easily.

hi dividneparadise, menoid & morninghugs, another bump update from me!
On train this morning and in a straight Aline dress, nobody gives up seats for me, even if i stand in front of the priority seat.
Then I went Eu Yan San shop to buy chicken essence(now got promo mah), i asked the salesgirls if preg can take the amercian ginseng blend one, the salesgirls both say better give something lighter blend to the preg person. when finally i say i am the preg one and abt 6mths, they both smiled and say cannot tell!!!

Totally understand how you feel. I do feel sad that my bump is not here yet but this weekend my hubby saw our baby movement on my "bump" when I lie down on my bed. I think he felt very amazed by the baby when he called her :)

u gals like that too?

my "system" shuts down by around 1030 - 11pm everyday. I also try not to nap... Cos weekend can nap but weekday have to work how to nap right... don't want to get into a habit.

I also have the weirdest dreams!

Ladies, for breast milk storage, which one would you be using? container cup or disposable bags?

Ladies, for breast milk storage, which one would you be using? container cup or disposable bags?
we bought a few extra bottles..if not enough will use disposable bags. Anything to minimise washing up. Needless to say we also plan to use disposable diapers all the way...

we bought a few extra bottles..if not enough will use disposable bags. Anything to minimise washing up. Needless to say we also plan to use disposable diapers all the way...

oh ya you reminded me about the disposable diapers. was still feeling guilty to get disposable bags as it's not environment friendly but you are right, we would be using diapers too!!

prepare few extra bottles, thinking to use Avent Cup to storage my breast milk.
if really oversupply then will buy the disposable bags lor..

Hello,

Just a list of items to include in hospital bag. Especially 1st time mum can take as a reference check and so do 2nd time mum. Please let me know if I missed out some. Can start preparing items and pack upon 32 weeks liao.

Mummy:
- 2 x nursing bra
- 2 set clothings (preferbly loose dress)
- Toothbrush/paste
- Tummy binder (optional)
- 1 packet disposable panty (so no washing needed)
- 1 packet disposable pad (hospital charged unreasonably for this)
- A pair of slipper or shoe (personal preference)
- 2 big zip lock bag for dirty linens

Baby:
- 2 x Swaddle blanket
- 2 x infant caps
- 2 sets mittens
- 2 sets booties
- 4 pcs newborn longsleeve tops or all over jumper (I find long sleeve top better cause baby will be changing diaper frequently and will also be wrap up all time so jumper will be hassle.)
- 1 packet disposable newborn diaper (most hospital provide but standby)
- 1 desitine brand nappy cream (normal formula) (always used this and will remain)
- 1 packet dispoable wet wips
- New born formula (hospital charged per small bottle of your choice of brand)
- 1 x milk bottle
- 1 x small soft hanky to wipe new born
- Breast pump (optional)

Happy packing:D

Hello,

Just a list of items to include in hospital bag. Especially 1st time mum can take as a reference check and so do 2nd time mum. Please let me know if I missed out some. Can start preparing items and pack upon 32 weeks liao.

Mummy:
- 2 x nursing bra
- 2 set clothings (preferbly loose dress)
- Toothbrush/paste
- Tummy binder (optional)
- 1 packet disposable panty (so no washing needed)
- 1 packet disposable pad (hospital charged unreasonably for this)
- A pair of slipper or shoe (personal preference)
- 2 big zip lock bag for dirty linens

Baby:
- 2 x Swaddle blanket
- 2 x infant caps
- 2 sets mittens
- 2 sets booties
- 4 pcs newborn longsleeve tops or all over jumper (I find long sleeve top better cause baby will be changing diaper frequently and will also be wrap up all time so jumper will be hassle.)
- 1 packet disposable newborn diaper (most hospital provide but standby)
- 1 desitine brand nappy cream (normal formula) (always used this and will remain)
- 1 packet dispoable wet wips
- New born formula (hospital charged per small bottle of your choice of brand)
- 1 x milk bottle
- 1 x small soft hanky to wipe new born
- Breast pump (optional)

Happy packing:D

Wow that's a lot to pack!

@faefever , For v.birth, I guess it's more for slimming purpose.

It works for me as I'm c-sec. With this I can get up and down of bed, walk around quite easily without feeling too much pain.

Back