(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Hello,

Just a list of items to include in hospital bag. Especially 1st time mum can take as a reference check and so do 2nd time mum. Please let me know if I missed out some. Can start preparing items and pack upon 32 weeks liao.

Mummy:
- 2 x nursing bra
- 2 set clothings (preferbly loose dress)
- Toothbrush/paste
- Tummy binder (optional)
- 1 packet disposable panty (so no washing needed)
- 1 packet disposable pad (hospital charged unreasonably for this)
- A pair of slipper or shoe (personal preference)
- 2 big zip lock bag for dirty linens

Baby:
- 2 x Swaddle blanket
- 2 x infant caps
- 2 sets mittens
- 2 sets booties
- 4 pcs newborn longsleeve tops or all over jumper (I find long sleeve top better cause baby will be changing diaper frequently and will also be wrap up all time so jumper will be hassle.)
- 1 packet disposable newborn diaper (most hospital provide but standby)
- 1 desitine brand nappy cream (normal formula) (always used this and will remain)
- 1 packet dispoable wet wips
- New born formula (hospital charged per small bottle of your choice of brand)
- 1 x milk bottle
- 1 x small soft hanky to wipe new born
- Breast pump (optional)

Happy packing:D
Just checking, can we use those overnight 40cm pads instead of maternity pads? And disposable panty where to get large size if plus size??
I thought we will be given a small bottle of formula. Any brands to recommend? I intend to breast feed but for in case I guess. Thanks in advance.

Hello Ladies. I am currently 25 weeks and yesterday I noticed very small spot of blood while wiping. Nothing since then.
I am quite worried though I guess it could be from my scratching the vagina as I have thrush and it was very itchy for past few days.
I am still worried. Have any of you any idea on this? By the way I can feel d baby kick and move as normal.

Hello, may I know which type of steriliser did you get? I'm thinking of the UV steriliser which can sterilise bowls, cups and toys

Hello, may I know which type of steriliser did you get? I'm thinking of the UV steriliser which can sterilise bowls, cups and toys
hahaha, i got the uv sterilizer as can 1 time put alot of tings inside. lol.
no need to go tink so much as can leave inside.

hi happymom, my result is 4.3(mmol/L) for fasting and 6.5(mmol/L) after glucose 2 hrs. btw i vomitted out the solution due to empty stomach after 1 hr. however the result still shows glucose.

how much weight u put on the avg? i am also a big girl to begin with. my bmi belongs to obese range. i packed on abt 3kg every 4 wks now.

Hi Babby,
i put on about 10kg already. only suppose to gain about 11kg in total. so i think i will overshoot abit. sads. my gynae keep asking me to cut down on carboh.

Hello Ladies. I am currently 25 weeks and yesterday I noticed very small spot of blood while wiping. Nothing since then.
I am quite worried though I guess it could be from my scratching the vagina as I have thrush and it was very itchy for past few days.
I am still worried. Have any of you any idea on this? By the way I can feel d baby kick and move as normal.

Itchy? I could be a sign of infection.. Do u have discharge? Better see a doc.. Infection is not kidding..

Itchy? I could be a sign of infection.. Do u have discharge? Better see a doc.. Infection is not kidding..

Just checking, can we use those overnight 40cm pads instead of maternity pads? And disposable panty where to get large size if plus size??
I thought we will be given a small bottle of formula. Any brands to recommend? I intend to breast feed but for in case I guess. Thanks in advance.

I used normal long adhesive pad instead of maternity pad. You can get disposable panty from Watson. Formula are not given free.

I think it is infection too. Better see doc.

went for appointment today. Baby is on the small side. at 27 weeks 1024 g. But doc says ok. She says I put on a lot.. to date 9kg i think...

I got the regular 3 in 1 steriliser from philip... My sis says it is good. What's a UV steriliser?

Yes of course all the more better protection and no chance for leakage and also on the look out for good deal or offer on the 40cm night use. If not will go either british essential or venus to buy liao.

I get very heavy flow after birth and still leak after putting on the maternity pad previously so now this time I will put on the 40cm pad plus a disposable sheet on my bed. Double protection.

As for plus size I dunno but I bought fm watsons the XL sz n I m a sz 12 previously.

For formula m feeding my boy Friso and he is a big boy always above 90 percentile but also because we are big bone parents.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1407852176013.jpg
    1407852176013.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 210
I have the avent sterilizer but I m planning to get uv as well from qoo at 273 w free shipping cos I can sterilize not only milk bottles but utensils n toys as well. So I find it's useful even for adult use as well..

recently i buy some cotton disposable panties at Giant size XL, thinking i can fit the measurement stated…however upon opening the size looks so small. i dun think i can fit them properly...before preg i'm abt size 14?

any idea where to get plus plus size disposable panties?

went for appointment today. Baby is on the small side. at 27 weeks 1024 g. But doc says ok. She says I put on a lot.. to date 9kg i think...

hi jas1982, i'm also getting worried abt my bb size. also on the small side at week 25 only 700gm. sigh. wonder how i beef up. i can't eat a lot and today i try to eat more and end up so so full… :p

Hi Babby,
i put on about 10kg already. only suppose to gain about 11kg in total. so i think i will overshoot abit. sads. my gynae keep asking me to cut down on carboh.

oic. :) i also don't want to put on so much weight but my bb seems small, think i have no choice but eat.

pls take care and see gynae soon!

@faefever , For v.birth, I guess it's more for slimming purpose.

It works for me as I'm c-sec. With this I can get up and down of bed, walk around quite easily without feeling too much pain.

actually i got one that is meant for back support but also helps to tuck tummy. oppo brand one.
can use this instead of getting the maternity one?

recently i buy some cotton disposable panties at Giant size XL, thinking i can fit the measurement stated…however upon opening the size looks so small. i dun think i can fit them properly...before preg i'm abt size 14?

We r same size...I bought OIO brand from the mall at Kent Ridge station. It's a small maternity shop next to Seasonal on l4 or l3. Very comfy and covers belly

I have the avent sterilizer but I m planning to get uv as well from qoo at 273 w free shipping cos I can sterilize not only milk bottles but utensils n toys as well. So I find it's useful even for adult use as well..

let me check out what's available in the Aug baby fair

Hello ladies, you can get the pregnant disposable panties from Sorella, I use that for my overseas trip. Check it out, I remember there is another brand, which is cheaper in price, but cant remember the brand now.

Yes of course all the more better protection and no chance for leakage and also on the look out for good deal or offer on the 40cm night use. If not will go either british essential or venus to buy liao.

I get very heavy flow after birth and still leak after putting on the maternity pad previously so now this time I will put on the 40cm pad plus a disposable sheet on my bed. Double protection.

As for plus size I dunno but I bought fm watsons the XL sz n I m a sz 12 previously.

For formula m feeding my boy Friso and he is a big boy always above 90 percentile but also because we are big bone parents.
You mean disposable sheets as in the blue plastic type sheets? That's a good idea. For mothers that have gone through c section, I heard they don't bleed as much??

hi jas1982, i'm also getting worried abt my bb size. also on the small side at week 25 only 700gm. sigh. wonder how i beef up. i can't eat a lot and today i try to eat more and end up so so full… :p
Hi Babby, I was asking my doc what to eat to make baby bigger. she says please don't. She is fine. But I did hear that Durians and Beef makes a baby big. Although, durian is too high in sugar content. So in moderation. I ate 3 durian puffs sometime back and feel sick almost right away... Don't really dare to eat anymore. But I don't crave durian, just the durian puffs ....

Anyone 'froths' saliva at the mouth? I have been spitting out my saliva for months now, throughout the day. Gone through sp many boxes of tissue. Happens when I drink plain water and v diluted drinks. It is a pain.

You mean disposable sheets as in the blue plastic type sheets? That's a good idea. For mothers that have gone through c section, I heard they don't bleed as much??

Oh yes those blue sheets and you can get the cheaper ones from Daiso go to the Pets corner get the bigger sheets, it is 4 sheets in a pack.

Hi Babby, I was asking my doc what to eat to make baby bigger. she says please don't. She is fine. But I did hear that Durians and Beef makes a baby big. Although, durian is too high in sugar content. So in moderation. I ate 3 durian puffs sometime back and feel sick almost right away... Don't really dare to eat anymore. But I don't crave durian, just the durian puffs ....

Durians! I can take at one go one whole durian for now. But i try to control and do it alternate weeks.

Oh yes those blue sheets and you can get the cheaper ones from Daiso go to the Pets corner get the bigger sheets, it is 4 sheets in a pack.
ohh ok I think I will get one 2 packets to standby. I just found 42cm long pads from Swanston at china town hawker center level 2. bought 4 packets first. Bought Johnson's baby shower foam, kodomo baby detergent and softener there too. Quite cheap.

Anyone 'froths' saliva at the mouth? I have been spitting out my saliva for months now, throughout the day. Gone through sp many boxes of tissue. Happens when I drink plain water and v diluted drinks. It is a pain.

i certainly have more salvia as a few occasions i choke on my own salvia…however no foams or froths.
what did yr gynae says abt this?

I got that in 1st trim

i certainly have more salvia as a few occasions i choke on my own salvia…however no foams or froths.
what did yr gynae says abt this?
Eh didn't tell him leh. Not really froth I think I say wrongly. It's just like excessive saliva production so keep spitting out. Very sian :(

My baby also 750 gms at 25 weeks. I thought that is normal. Is that too small? What should be the ideal weight at 25 weeks?

Hi ladies.. I got excessive saliva too during trimester 1. My work always needs me to talk so it was really embarrassing.

My baby was 580g at 23w4d. Today marks 24 weeks. I also thought my baby was smaller than most other mummies

ete,
i got it at 285. Haenim brand. which is goin to available at the baby market.
u can wait n c the price. seems like the price will be lower than wat i got. hahaha....

Anc,
I tink yours ok. the weight.
I juz c gynae ytd. my bb weight is 1.5Kg at wk28. whahaha... abt avg weight when my bb suppose to be ard 1.2 Kg. lol... so meaning cannot take too much unhealthy food liao. NO MORE DURIANS for me. Gynae warn me. hahaha....
plus my weight increase 15kg. so time to chg abit of my diet for the next few wks....

Reactions: ete

Regarding the V wash, i remember, during stay in hospital they have provided the wash and you can bring back after discharge.
The wash is for us after urine to wipe to avoid any infection.

For pad, i think.. dun really need the maternity pad, buy those longest pad enough.
I bought normal overnight pads during my confinement.

Back