(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

When will the headache go away?!?! Omg~~~ my head like being hack by an axe ah.

Mine only stopped like wk 15/16... Now I feel like I am back to pre-preg conditions minus the fact that I have something growing in me... Lol!

Hi all, anyone in their 16-17 weeks and can feel the baby kicking already? I read that it should just be flutters..but I'm feeling thumps and when I place my palm on my belly I can also feel it. Not a lot, maybe 5-6 times at night when I'm lying down..

Also I have a huge bump but it's not where the baby is (I think)! It starts from my stomach down to 2 inches below my belly button..might be fats instead???

I had flutters like from wk 13/14 onwards. Maybe coz it's my second one, I am more sensitive?

hi I'm in mids of wk16-17....im not sure if baby kicking? I can only feel inside some thumps at random timings. I will try to concentrate n see if I can feel some more. Most of d times it is juz blood pumping thru but thr r times I know for sure it is not blood pumping...as for ur bump, it is possible for it to b fats bcos I initially had fats split into 2 - belly button is d centre line. But I can see my bottom belly growing bigger n firmer n tats whr d baby is. D fats above d belly button is definitely juz fats n slowly as d baby grow, all d fats will combine to one big belly....

hmm..sounds like i'll be having one huge belly at the end of it all.....:eek:

hmm..sounds like i'll be having one huge belly at the end of it all.....:eek:

Eh I believe that's baby. I felt that since last week and it's like an apple size and harder than fats ... as it moves, you get to feel it. Though sometimes I couldn't locate esp after a meal coz tummy too bloated

Just back from gynae visit. Baby crossed legs. Gynae guess is girl but only 60% to 70% sure. Team pink for me! I bought a hello kitty toy from mac for remembrance. :)

My boy also cross legs; even at detailed scan the radiographer say maybe is boy. I only confirm the gender at around 7 months...

Hi mummies, check with u...what were ur bb's CRL and nasal bone length during oscar scan?

Each bb growth diff... Some more when we did the measurement, we are not of the same week and days even same each bb also diff.. Some bb just bigger so length is longer...

So difficult to compare like this...

My left butt is sooo damn painful for each step i move while walking/ standing.. omg... i think i need to see gp.. the ob assistant said cud be the nerves.. and i must not massage the area.. oh my.. i can only endure the pain! It's extremely acute today. I hope not tml.. i shall change my sleeping side tonight and see how it goes...

Does anyone experience hip bone pain? Im only at 15wks..

My left butt is sooo damn painful for each step i move while walking/ standing.. omg... i think i need to see gp.. the ob assistant said cud be the nerves.. and i must not massage the area.. oh my.. i can only endure the pain! It's extremely acute today. I hope not tml.. i shall change my sleeping side tonight and see how it goes...

Had it last sat. Didn't know cannot massage lei, mine was at the right hip area. I keep so - so the pain area lor... The pain last for many many hours right? I was with my preg fren when the pain occurs and she say is baby pressing on the nerves.

It got better after I force myself to walk ard, hoping baby will change position. Haha

Is it the butt cheek there? If it is, likely is piriformis syndrome and in this case just sit on a tennis ball and roll about. I had that previously with my first one. Hopefully won't experience it again.

mine was 1.5mm for nasal bone and CRL was 48mm but i was at 11w5d
:)
Thanx... Mine was only 1.3mm when CRL was 54mm so I m quite worried as some pple actually got low risk result for OSCAR and found DS in detailed scan. It seems shorter than normal....:(

Thanx... Mine was only 1.3mm when CRL was 54mm so I m quite worried as some pple actually got low risk result for OSCAR and found DS in detailed scan. It seems shorter than normal....:(
dont worried. isnt it the thinner the better. i rem someone gotten below 1mm. the higher than got risk. like above 2.5 or 3mm. something like that.

Nuh nvr give. Only say nasal bone detected.
Only nt measurements.

But no point worrying cox if really touched wood anything happen then will only know in detailed scan like u mentioned.
I think we only concern if everything okie , healthy or not . As long Gynae did not say anything we should just relax and enjoy the pregnancy :)

Nuh nvr give. Only say nasal bone detected.
Only nt measurements.

But no point worrying cox if really touched wood anything happen then will only know in detailed scan like u mentioned.
Same.. mine only say detected nasal bone which is gd~ hafta trust the docs in telling us the results.

Is it the butt cheek there? If it is, likely is piriformis syndrome and in this case just sit on a tennis ball and roll about. I had that previously with my first one. Hopefully won't experience it again.

Thanks brnca, i do not knw how to describe the location of the pain.. it started from somewhere near the tailbone, and stretches to the middle now. I did a search of the syndrome you mentioned, and i supposed its the compressed of my Sciatic nerves.. i think i got to get it check... :(

Eh I believe that's baby. I felt that since last week and it's like an apple size and harder than fats ... as it moves, you get to feel it. Though sometimes I couldn't locate esp after a meal coz tummy too bloated

Ahh..yes sometimes I feel a mild ache/cramp then suddenly I feel a tiny bump sticking out which i can distinctly feel..

Sorry I super confuse lehx!
Thought oscar scan only measure for Nuchal translucency ?? Which is NT measurement ?
As for nasel bone, they only make sure Nasel bone can be seen. Correct me if I'm wrong. Lol

Sorry I super confuse lehx!
Thought oscar scan only measure for Nuchal translucency ?? Which is NT measurement ?
As for nasel bone, they only make sure Nasel bone can be seen. Correct me if I'm wrong. Lol

hmm i think oscar scan does a few things..including the blood test etc adjust for overall the risk..mine measured the nasal bone also..but i think no matter what as long as the adjusted risk are good, dont need to zoom into the exact measurements?

u girls are good, got the figures on hand!

Mine don't have measurement for nasal bone lehx. Only indicate both nasal bone seen.

Bb no1: Crl: 63.5, BPd : 21.6 and nt :1.7
Bb no 2: 59.0, bpd: 19.4 and nt: 1.6
Both trisomy 21: 1:17.406

I miss crocheting... can i continue to knit? Got pantang not?

Yumsoup, you also crochet?? I love it! I love to sew too, still got a piece of fabric left to make long sleeves biz shirt for hubby but mum says dun touch sewing machine for the moment... I think crocheting dun involve real needles, should be fine? Remember dun cut threads/yarn on bed!

Ladies, a tentative update on the gender game~ today @ 14w3d genetic scan with Dr Ananda, he says 90% is a boy~ hoping he's right!

For Anyone considering scans with Dr Ananda, he's a funny fellow, and the scan is very detailed. He will scan from top to bottom & zoom into every organ including fingers & tongue, lips. It was a very interesting & fun session seeing baby :)

Mine was 1.8mm nasal bone, NT 1.6mm and CRL was 60mm. I also was so worried that the nasal bone seemed shorter than normal. I was 12 weeks 4 days during the scan. T21 adjusted risk was 1:7889.

Last edited:
Ladies, a tentative update on the gender game~ today @ 14w3d genetic scan with Dr Ananda, he says 90% is a boy~ hoping he's right!

For Anyone considering scans with Dr Ananda, he's a funny fellow, and the scan is very detailed. He will scan from top to bottom & zoom into every organ including fingers & tongue, lips. It was a very interesting & fun session seeing baby :)

Why did you decide to go for another scan with Prof Ananda? I plan to see if I can book him for the detailed scan on Week 20 Instead?

Why did you decide to go for another scan with Prof Ananda? I plan to see if I can book him for the detailed scan on Week 20 Instead?

I'm looking for added assurance that all is fine beyond the assurance that OSCAR gives - that all organs are developing well & at where they should be. I wanted to cancel the appointment initially cos a lot of mummies tell me it's unnecessary seeing as I'm very low risk for OSCAR, but I thought since got appointment slot just go lor lol my hubby can't stand me but he enjoys himself at the scan too. He's smiling & even looks at boy's clothes just now at taka after scan :)

Yumsoup, you also crochet?? I love it! I love to sew too, still got a piece of fabric left to make long sleeves biz shirt for hubby but mum says dun touch sewing machine for the moment... I think crocheting dun involve real needles, should be fine? Remember dun cut threads/yarn on bed!

Hi mapleleafy! Yes.. i love this hobby.. i still got items left unfinished.. but my parents ask me to stop crocheting.. sad.. how to wait until end of the yr? Tt's sooo long.. my hands itchy already..

So will you be continuing doing crochets?

Last edited:

Back