(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Very emotionally drained right now. I haven't been really excited over this pregnancy (though we tried for a few cycles) due to the hormonal changes, spotting, my pet passing away last week and my MIL's insensitivity... it was only today that I was actually looking forward to meeting my baby and was even expecting to see its tiny limbs. Sigh... I know it's not the end yet. No doctor have concluded anything about my fetus but I'm just tired.

I feel you.. I have been there and I totally know what u are going through.... as u said, doc have not concluded anything so dun think the worst now... just go have a good nite rest tonite... can feel your exhaustion... Hugz...

I feel you.. I have been there and I totally know what u are going through.... as u said, doc have not concluded anything so dun think the worst now... just go have a good nite rest tonite... can feel your exhaustion... Hugz...
I'm so worried and scared that for once, I didn't dare to google anything.

I don't even dare to see my hub in his face. He came in a few times, touched my head, patted me, kiss me but I can't bring myself to face him.

My heart sank the moment I saw the empty water bag. So different from week 5 and week 6. Where did my lumpy fetus go? I messaged my boss that I'll be on Mc n told him what happened. I asked him where is my little one hiding...

I thought of having to face my in laws if anything goes wrong.

I'm in a mess. Worried, in self denial and scare yet knowing that I shld be relieved because mother nature is making the decision for me.

I shldnt be thinking all these but I can't help it...

I don't even dare to see my hub in his face. He came in a few times, touched my head, patted me, kiss me but I can't bring myself to face him.

My heart sank the moment I saw the empty water bag. So different from week 5 and week 6. Where did my lumpy fetus go? I messaged my boss that I'll be on Mc n told him what happened. I asked him where is my little one hiding...

I'm in a mess. Worried, in self denial and scare yet knowing that I shld be relieved because mother nature is making the decision for me.

Babe don't think of all this first. I know how u are feeling. Now just rest and tmr go for scan. Praying for you and ur little one.

Janine, whatever it is, do not fault urself. Share ur emotions with ur hubby instead of feeling not able to face him. Sharing the emotion may help for both of u. Hugz.

It's not ur fault, beyond our control... watever ur in laws or closed frds commented, ignore them... most impt is ur dh support.

Wah all mummies so active !! I wanna be more active here and get to know everyone more Liao.
Saw a few chat about morning sickness. I am 10 weeks Liao but my M/S start to get better or rather I left only bit of heartburn and I eat a lot. Heard that it not good if M/S is not strong. So wondering any mummies same as me?? My M/S peak is from 6-8 weeks.

woo so exciting! then can take video all that? lol coz im a subsidized patient and will be at clinic G so dont know its gonna be the same. coz my first scan they didn't let me hubby go into the room. that time nothing much to see yet.

Hopeful mum ! I'm subsidized patient at NUH G clinic too !!

Wah all mummies so active !! I wanna be more active here and get to know everyone more Liao.
Saw a few chat about morning sickness. I am 10 weeks Liao but my M/S start to get better or rather I left only bit of heartburn and I eat a lot. Heard that it not good if M/S is not strong. So wondering any mummies same as me?? My M/S peak is from 6-8 weeks.

if ms not strong means not good, then wat bout those who have zero ms?

i have zero ms frm day 1 of preggy till today. My gynae told me dun worry coz every woman's preggy diff. best is dun get too worried about it... enjoy ur pregnancy.

Very emotionally drained right now. I haven't been really excited over this pregnancy (though we tried for a few cycles) due to the hormonal changes, spotting, my pet passing away last week and my MIL's insensitivity... it was only today that I was actually looking forward to meeting my baby and was even expecting to see its tiny limbs. Sigh... I know it's not the end yet. No doctor have concluded anything about my fetus but I'm just tired.

Janine,
Don't give up yet... I can understand how you feel but maybe it is not what you expected . Normally gynae will do V scan at early stage as it hard to see via belly scanning. I had belly scanning at 9 weeks and it was so blur. Be strong ya!!! I heard that long as heart beat is detected, the percentage of any "Choy Choy Choy" goes down drastically... Just keep rest well!

if ms not strong means not good, then wat bout those who have zero ms?

i have zero ms frm day 1 of preggy till today. My gynae told me dun worry coz every woman's preggy diff. best is dun get too worried about it... enjoy ur pregnancy.

Ah really ah! Ok! I hope I don't get too obsessed on all these M/S thingy..
Been google-ing on all these stuff, first trimester is scary!!

No lah siling. Don't worry. Every pregnancy is different. Ms has it's pros and cons. As of today my ms suddenly okay Liao. Actually I'm worried becox of my previous history. If no history actually I'm quite grateful my ms is like leaving me. I'm just feeling fatigue.

Today feels slightly bloated.

Oh ya does anyone of u feel pain at the belly button area? I felt a bit discomfort.

Last edited:
No lah siling. Don't worry. Every pregnancy is different. Ms has it's pros and cons. As of today my ms suddenly okay Liao. Actually I'm worried becox of my precious history. Is no history actually I'm quite grateful my ms is like leaving me. I'm just feeling fatigue.

Oh ya does anyone of u feel pain at the belly button area? I felt a bit discomfort.

dat belly button pain is it like tugging/pullin felt frm within? datz actually a positive sign.. dun fret

dat belly button pain is it like tugging/pullin felt frm within? datz actually a positive sign.. dun fret
Erm I don't know to explain. Like bruised kinda pain. Now okay Liao. It was when I was peeling grapes skin. Standing there and I felt the pain. Hmm weird. Nvm if I rem I ask dr next mon.

No lah siling. Don't worry. Every pregnancy is different. Ms has it's pros and cons. As of today my ms suddenly okay Liao. Actually I'm worried becox of my previous history. If no history actually I'm quite grateful my ms is like leaving me. I'm just feeling fatigue.

Btw how many weeks are u ??

Hi! I read that some mummy doing Oscar test instead of harmony test.
My dr advise to do harmony test 2 weeks later....
Any mummy also will take this test?

I have zero MS for my #1 and now #2 also the same. Will be 10 weeks tmrw

Wow we are the same then!

So good wit no Ms. Cuz my #1, my Ms is very strong that why I am a little worry. I vomited every thing I ate, plain water also can't.
Plus this time mine is twins, by right the MS should be double. Anyway telling myself not to think so much!! Hopefully it just placenta taking over~~

Hi! I read that some mummy doing Oscar test instead of harmony test.
My dr advise to do harmony test 2 weeks later....
Any mummy also will take this test?

What is harmony test ?? Haha.. Can share with me?? Cuz I only know oscar test and will be going in 2 weeks time..

Harmony test has a higher accuracy rate in detecting down's as compared to Oscar. Oscar has a 80%. Harmony has 97.8% accuracy rate. Amnio has 99.something % accuracy rate.

Harmony is less invasive as only the mother's blood (2 tubes) is required for testing. testing will not be done locally. It is sent over to the States for testing. result will be out in approx. 2 weeks time.

What is harmony test ?? Haha.. Can share with me?? Cuz I only know oscar test and will be going in 2 weeks time..

Hi , my dr said is almost the same as Oscar & more accurate ... & exp ..... This is what he recommend ...
Don't known whether ok or not....

Harmony test has a higher accuracy rate in detecting down's as compared to Oscar. Oscar has a 80%. Harmony has 97.8% accuracy rate. Amnio has 99.something % accuracy rate.

Harmony is less invasive as only the mother's blood (2 tubes) is required for testing. testing will not be done locally. It is sent over to the States for testing. result will be out in approx. 2 weeks time.

Sloshysoupy, thx for sharing the infor. Infact i only know is more accurate. Then follow dr's advice..

Wow. I din know about this. I was ask for bleed test too lehx. But wasn't being explained on anything. Was informed that I will be going for detailed scanning (oscar ) and bleed test.

Maybe I will ask the gynae next time. Pregnancy is so scary. Especially doing all these scanning.. My heart sinked when I remind myself of the scanning.. Lol..

Hi , my dr said is almost the same as Oscar & more accurate ... & exp ..... This is what he recommend ...

according to my gynae, the cost is higher coz test not done locally, it carries zero m/c risks and has a much higher accuracy rate as compared to Oscar. It is an option for women who are over 35 (thus the age factor is crossed out as compare to Oscar which takes that into account) and/or for women who have family history or who have past unfavourable Oscar findings.

Last edited:
u are asked for blood test coz your Oscar test findings need to combine 3 components to derive your Oscar ratio.
1. Your age
2. Blood Test
3. NT measurement.

all 3 will invariably contribute to your final Oscar findings, i.e. your overall ratio

Last edited:
Ok. Thank Mummies for sharing this info!
learnt something today. Because I did asked myself if my oscAr test fail, would I go for amino test (can cause mc?? ) .now that I know there's other alternative which is safer..

its not exactly the same.... the accuracy rate shows a certain gap between Oscar and Harmony... Sometimes the baby is perfectly normal, but coz of other 2 factors (either 1), it pushes the overall ratio down and puts the woman at high risk. It could be quite daunting and worrisome for those who receives a lousy Oscar result.

Of course, we must also take into account that Oscar test for probability, it is not a definite Yes or No test. So sometimes, Oscar do produce false positives. That's where amnio or Harmony comes in to verify Oscar.

Some chose to opt out of Oscar and goes straight into either amnio or Harmony is to eliminate any false positives

My gynae recommends oscar test since harmony test is not cheap (ard $1200) ..

I din have ms for no 1 ..
Hopefully it will be the same for no 2 though occasionally i get nausea & super sensitive to smells at times ..

I oso do not hav ms for both my pregnancy. Though late evenin will feel giddy for tis round.

Ya, my gynae oso say harmony test more accurate compare to oscar n less intrusive but e cost very x when we told her we not gg 4 e oscar test. she ask why n I told her we heard stories tt e accuracy is not there 4 e oscar test.

Report,
I meant did you went for the test ?? It sound so scary..

its not scary siling.. just that for women who have a certain factor barrier (like age), Oscar might not be that ideal. for those below 35, Oscar is good enough. and fun as well as you get to see lotsa actions from your baby when the sonographer/gynae is doing the measurement.

Do enjoy seeing all the cutesy acts frm your beanie during Oscar test!

Last edited:
its not scary siling.. just that for women who have a certain factor barrier (like age), Oscar might not be that ideal. for those below 35, Oscar is good enough. and fun as well as you get to see lotsa actions from your baby when the sonographer/gynae is doing the measurement.

Do enjoy seeing all the cutsy acts frm your beanie during Oscar test!

Heehee Thanks sloshysoupy! I hope I enjoy it. Any way the outcome doesn't matter. If is mine, shall be..

I have zero MS for my #1 and now #2 also the same. Will be 10 weeks tmrw

I also dont really have any morning sickness though I did some some bouts of nausea but can "cough" and gag it out...

I am quite sensitive to smells and find it irritating esp cigarette smoke, bleach... some of my hubby's cologne I cannot tahan ask him to get away...

no other symptoms other than the above so I am quite worried - lookin forward to my 2nd scan this Thursday

Wow! Thx for sharing the infor!

Although I m in 9weeks now, only feel nausea ,(no vomit) especially in the evening ... Like to eat sweet things....especially can drink 3 to 4 cups of milo per day....Hee..... But ask dr, said no problem,..
But when I read that many mummy have ms & also means our little one is growing ... Hmmm.. Cause me worry again....
The ms really let me 又爱又恨有...Hee......

I am opting out of Oscar. After an in depth discussion with my gynae and frm my own research, I have decided to forego Oscar

I am going for the test which carries the highest accuracy rate and with the m/c risks as well (guess we cant have our cake and eat it afterall, lol). the fact that the amnio test will be carried out by my gynae personally made me feel I am in good hands. If he were to sent me to the hospital and let another doc performed the test on me, I will have second thoughts proceeding with amnio.

from now till the amniocentesis is carried out, I try not to think too much about it. I guess staying relaxed is the key during the whole procedure.

I am about there too. No vomiting. Heart burn and nausea only. I like salty stuff and hate sweet stuff. Haha....
I also heard that the stronger MS the better... But maybe don't think so much Liao.. We are few weeks away only.. So every one must Jia you..

My gynae recommends oscar test since harmony test is not cheap (ard $1200) ..

I din have ms for no 1 ..
Hopefully it will be the same for no 2 though occasionally i get nausea & super sensitive to smells at times ..

ur gynae will know what is best for you. dun worry!

I am opting out of Oscar. After an in depth discussion with my gynae and frm my own research, I have decided to forego Oscar

I am going for the test which carries the highest accuracy rate and with the m/c risks as well (guess we cant have our cake and eat it afterall, lol). the fact that the amnio test will be carried out by my gynae personally made me feel I am in good hands. If he were to sent me to the hospital and let another doc performed the test on me, I will have second thoughts proceeding with amnio.

from now till the amniocentesis is carried out, I try not to think too much about it. I guess staying relaxed is the key during the whole procedure.

Ya.. Be more cheerful! Don't think so much. Sometimes I know I am thinking too much again. I would imagine myself carrying my babies on my hand. This will sometimes ease my worries...

I hope I wont be judge here as some might think I seem to be putting my concern with accuracy rate over my baby's safety.
i have my reason for opting out of Oscar, because if Oscar is good enough for me, why wld i risk m/c with my precious baby...

I hope I wont be judge here as some might think I seem to be putting my concern with accuracy rate over my baby's safety.
i have my reason for opting out of Oscar, because if Oscar is good enough for me, why wld i risk m/c with my precious baby...
We will support each other's decision. U will not be judged here. We are sure u are doing the best for urself and ur little one :)

Jia you. Besides don't need to worry what others say.

Back