(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@beac,
Thank You for your words of encouragement. It really make me feel better as I move on to stop pumping and put in effort to take care of bb.Mummies understand what we are going through.Its really a tough journey.

I tink I do have depression.but I feel better having this group around.Having encouragement and advise from you all.

I believe my bb just suck for comfort.She keep falling asleep when I latch her on.After a while then cry for milk.i got no patient to latch her and stop her.I did latch her on to try clear those block duct.but still not very effective as she fall asleep real fast.

@kitty_kitty
Don't be sad. U try ur best. If u feel bad why not give it one last shot n get Betty to help since everyone here says she is good.

To give up BF u cannot just stop overnight also. You need to see how frequent u used to latch/pump. E.g. Usually 3hrly then you stretch to 4hrly and pump for as long as you latch or until your breasts feel soft. No need to be empty. For me when I stop BF it takes abt 2-3weeks to totally cut supply. But that is after 7mths of TBM and my supply started dropping. Now ur bb still young might take longer. In the mean time you still need to keep clearing your block ducts.

I suffer from severe blocked ducts. No such medical condition. Haha. But I always kena. Once blocked ducts clear the milk will spray like siao. Sometimes block ducts can be so bad that bb cannot suck. Appears like no milk but actually alot but bb can't clear in time that's why block ducts.

You might still wana call betty to clear block ducts even though u wana stop bf

Mummies, just to share.. Because I find that I got no time to do anything and I'm so stressed with my LO.

I'm first time mom, and I didn't expect being a mummy would be so tough. First was the pregnancy, morning sickness and all.. Then the 3rd trimester, heavy back aches, swollen feet, hormones changes my mood to depression.. Etc.
Then 30hours long labour, slow dilations that caused me to wait almost 24hours before I could get pain relieve! OMG,
then POP ! Baby is out.. Cry for happiness, then start the Breastfeeding journey immediately.. With only little colostrum..
And don't even have any clue, just latch LO wrongly, until have sore, cracked, bleeding nipples.. Then comes engorgement, block ducts, leaking milk.. And baby crying of hunger but nipples too pain for her to latch.
Was in pain for 5days before LC came to the rescue! Then milk supply seems to regulate better after a while.. And when you thought everything is ok, baby's jaundice getting higher.. Everyone blaming you because you breastfeed..
Or when. lo crying, old folks had to comment and keep nagging that not enough milk..

And everyday looking after LO, seems like no time to do anything. Even go toilet bathe also hard..
Every morning I wake up at 8am, feed LO for 30mins then bring her sun tan, then let her rest a while.. 10am bathe her.. Then latch her about 30mins, then she sleep for a while.. And I can eat my lunch/breakfast.
Then 1pm start to cry, latch again.. All the way the cycle until evening.. She will wanna latch for soooo long.. Until my nipples so sore and I'm so tired..

Being a mummy really not easy! And I really admire those that have more than 1 child! Because after what I've been through now, I don't think I will want another one! Hahahaha! I got phobia with the engorgement and baby crying all...
I feel u.. i also tired from the frequent latching.. pumping... my dark circle so dark.. no time to do my own stuffs.. but think of the gd benefits of breastfeeding.m n seeing her chubby cheeks n face makes me feel that all worthwhile...

I thought I'm the only one but after reading the posts I did felt much better. I was telling my hub that it is so difficult being a mother wish I haven't go into it but I did felt guilty saying that. Still continue to express milk and carrying the LO. cry abit but cheer up immediately when bb is smiling. Alot to worry from adapting to new routine, changing of environment and getting myself back to work with little sleep and unable to knock off on the dot to return to bb. Im afraid I won't be able to do my very best in every role yet you know you just have to do it.

so scary... :(

No mummies are alone. We all go through similar challenges. Some slightly more than others. That's why such forums are so popular. We give each other morale support even though we don't know each other by face.

Don't feel like u have to suffer in silence.

I remember when I gave birth to my #1 I was v blur. Didn't know where to get help. Didn't have friends who have kids. Suffer in silence. Thankfully along the way I was blessed with many ppl who gave good advice. And I realise the importance of having a good support network. I was depressed during confinement with #1. I cried alot. Cried for nothing. Eat rice, tears also kept flowing. No one could really talk to me. I just wanted to do my own thing. Plus bb was jaundiced. Phototherapy for 2 days. Couldn't be discharged together. N everyone kept asking me to stop bf for whatever reason, ask me give water, and all I could think of was, I was engorged, means I have milk so why shld I give up. I felt like I failed as a mother cos everyone made me feel like all I was interested in was Breastfeeding and I wasn't interested in my bb and my health. Maybe I was just being stubborn then.

But be encouraged that u r not alone. Which I found out a little too late.... And there will be many ppl around giving u all sort of advise out of concern. Just listen to what is in line with how u wana bring up ur kids.

Now, as a mother of 3, ppl have quit telling me what to do. Which is great! Haha: sometimes I miss ppl telling me what to do. Cos I need a refresher some times.

I thought I'm the only one but after reading the posts I did felt much better. I was telling my hub that it is so difficult being a mother wish I haven't go into it but I did felt guilty saying that. Still continue to express milk and carrying the LO. cry abit but cheer up immediately when bb is smiling. Alot to worry from adapting to new routine, changing of environment and getting myself back to work with little sleep and unable to knock off on the dot to return to bb. Im afraid I won't be able to do my very best in every role yet you know you just have to do it.

so scary... :(
U r not the only one. As a second time mum I also feel the anxiety/ jitters and the uncertainly.
The initial stage will be tough esp when we have to juggle with work and family commitments.
But things will get easier once settled

I don't mind a fb Grp :)

Anyone having super bad backlash of like acne from post pregnancy hormones?! My skin is so horrible. Can't wait for confinement to be over. I want to go see skin doctor alr :'(

I don't have that but I heard of friends who have. Change the body shower brand that you are using for the time being. For me, I had hives attack after I gave birth. Hope this time round it won't come back.

Betty is my LC.. she helped me solved all my problems!!

Can you give me her contact? My son can't seem to latch properly. I had sore nipples, let them heal, then tried latching then blister again... I must let him latch b4 my confinement ends. If not very difficult to go out for long hours.

@Vivian88 , my son was admitted on Monday due to jaundice (14.9), actually it was borderline but PD said will definitely go up again. So hub and I decided to let him stay. Of course I cried. He was able to be discharged the next day and jaundice went down to 10.8 or 10.9. So you may wanna try the phototherapy instead. I read that sunbath not that effective unless he really gets to sun twice every day and good milk intake.

Okay, those who wanna join the fb group, please PM me your fb email address and i'll add you.

It will be a closed secret group, ie by invite only so that we keep the group safe.

After we join FB, we then can share phone numbers to WA each other. It will be easier to arrange for playdates too. :)

Okay, those who wanna join the fb group, please PM me your fb email address and i'll add you.

It will be a closed secret group, ie by invite only so that we keep the group safe.

After we join FB, we then can share phone numbers to WA each other. It will be easier to arrange for playdates too. :)
Sure.. Betty's number is 98330170.
My email is [email protected]

PMed you ;)

@popie,
I was tinking abt this.getting Betty to clear the block duct then slowly I drag the pump time.Maybe Betty got solution to stop the milk supply. Hubby very determine for me to stop pump. Now I dun feel so guilty cos I still pump 5 to 8 hrs...and also get to sleep at night . definitely feel better after a good sleep.

1 of my friend told me bear with it.after it engorge then fever then no more milk.after 12 hrs I buay da han.i go and pump.and end up more block ducts.Very happy to get more advise from mummies here;)

So long never come see see. All breast feeding mummies (myself included)' gambateh! Yes, it's not easy, it's very tiring and it takes away your freedom but know that you're giving the best to your baby. Plus! You save money on milk powder :) so just try to endure as long as you can.

@littlebeemama, I don't mind being in the FB group too. My email is [email protected].

First time mummies, us second time mummies went through the same things as you did; elders say not enough breast milk (my own mum tells me that, even now), cry over little things (careful not to go into post-natal depression), sensitive about a lot of issues, tired, loss of freedom (no coffee!! :( )... You need to be strong and eventually after the first few months, you'll get used to having your baby around. Then, you'll start to see your baby grow, smile, play, crawl, walk, talk, hug, kiss, and all those unhappiness will melt away.

So, don't fret. You have us here to help. Must take care and be strong for your baby :)

True. Those old ppl like to say breastmilk not filling enough cause it watery. Feel very offended.
Should ask them pay for the FM then. Haha :D

Today is day 17 after birth, my BM supply only 2oz, max 3oz(both sides together) pump every 2/3hr, each session 15min. How to increase more supply? i try to get bb latch at least once a day as i feed FM at night and the rest of the time i pump out.

True. Those old ppl like to say breastmilk not filling enough cause it watery. Feel very offended.
Should ask them pay for the FM then. Haha :D

Today is day 17 after birth, my BM supply only 2oz, max 3oz(both sides together) pump every 2/3hr, each session 15min. How to increase more supply? i try to get bb latch at least once a day as i feed FM at night and the rest of the time i pump out.
You need to let baby latch more often if you want to increase your milk supply. Other ways are to take fenugreek, drink papaya soup, drink milk for lactating mothers. These are the few ways that I know of. But most importantly is your baby must latch. The more baby suck, the more milk supply. Coz it's telling your breast that baby needs more milk.

You need to let baby latch more often if you want to increase your milk supply. Other ways are to take fenugreek, drink papaya soup, drink milk for lactating mothers. These are the few ways that I know of. But most importantly is your baby must latch. The more baby suck, the more milk supply. Coz it's telling your breast that baby needs more milk.
On avg how long ur bb latch so that he is full? My boy love to headbutt my breast, and get angry when he cry

After 3 rounds of sore nipples in a week, I fear latching my son. So far it has been exclusive pumping n my supply did drop abit. Need to try to increase too coz he is drinking quite a lot. 9 days old n he can drink up to 100ml sometimes.

After 3 rounds of sore nipples in a week, I fear latching my son. So far it has been exclusive pumping n my supply did drop abit. Need to try to increase too coz he is drinking quite a lot. 9 days old n he can drink up to 100ml sometimes.
Did you call Betty? Because when I had sore, cracked, bleeding nipples.. She helped me latch and totally no pain even I had sore nipples. And since then, I fully DL my baby until now. And my nipples healed even latching..

I feel like stopping BF. My supply for one ( • ) only 50-60ml. Very depressing... took lactation stuff Even fenugreek. Still not alot...

I feel like stopping BF. My supply for one ( • ) only 50-60ml. Very depressing... took lactation stuff Even fenugreek. Still not alot...

Bunnyhorse,
Did u drink papaya fishbone soup? It does help increase milk supply.Or do u have any block ducts? Last time i have some block ducts and supply just like your. After clearing the block ducts, can up to 120ml...

I gave up bf.but also another journey how to stop breast feed. I still trying to figure out.I end up with more block ducts.. Will be calling Betty to help me clear the block ducts and hopefully she have advise how to stop the breast milk faster... now confinement lady say my breast milk little... 5 hrs pump around 80ml then very watery also.. BB drink liao not full one...

Did you call Betty? Because when I had sore, cracked, bleeding nipples.. She helped me latch and totally no pain even I had sore nipples. And since then, I fully DL my baby until now. And my nipples healed even latching..

Vivian88,
Need to book Betty how many days in advance... She will help me clear block ducts hor... Painful or not?

Vivian88,
Need to book Betty how many days in advance... She will help me clear block ducts hor... Painful or not?
Depends on her schedule.. That night when I SMS her, she responded right away and came next day. Haha she said she could tell from my SMS that I was in pain and very desperate that's why she came ASAP though she don't usually work on Sundays.
Not painful when she helped me, she just help me latch my baby, then massage and press on my breast while latching.. Not pain.. Then after a while, I felt much better..

I get sore nipples too but just endure all the time. Maybe I should call this Betty lady too haha. What are her charges like?

On avg how long ur bb latch so that he is full? My boy love to headbutt my breast, and get angry when he cry
Depends. Sometimes can go up to an hour coz she likes to suckle and fall asleep then I have to wake her up and repeat the process. Most of the time is about 15 mins to half an hour.

Hv you tried blessed thistle? Red raspberry leaf tea? There are lactation cookies also. Or you can make your own!

My bm quite watery and very white. Anyways to make it thicker so that baby drink liao will b fuller?

I haven call her yet. Today I tried latching my boy on my left. Seems okay. Tomorrow I will try the left side. :D

@Vivian88,
I dun latch bb anymore.just want to clear my block ducts and ask if she have solution to slowly stop milk flow.I wonder if she is the correct person to call...

Now I still need to pump and try slowly drag longer pump time.still have to pump.
I tell hubby later I change my mind after Betty come. Ha ha...

I get sore nipples too but just endure all the time. Maybe I should call this Betty lady too haha. What are her charges like?
Betty charge $150.. Can call her and ask her first lo.. She was really good to help me and my friend. That's why I highly recommend her.. I regretted wasting money on massage lady.. Cannot solve my problem.

@Vivian88,
I dun latch bb anymore.just want to clear my block ducts and ask if she have solution to slowly stop milk flow.I wonder if she is the correct person to call...

Now I still need to pump and try slowly drag longer pump time.still have to pump.

Haha I see.. Yah maybe after she come, you want to latch on again..
I think she can help you because she did mention to me that if ever I wanna stop bf, just whatsapp her, she will teach me step by step to stop bf.. Don't need to suffer to stop.. And she helped others going back to work mums stop bf slowly too..

@Vivian88,

Betty is very pro-breastfeeding.. if you have milk, she will encourage u to continue.. she will help u with ur bf journey.. she even tell me if I have problem, I could text her to ask her questions or send her video if I need to show her something.. but if u really wanna stop bf, use cold cabbage, it will definitely slow down ur supply and also ease ur pain..

@verine22,
Tell u hor, I put cold cabbage till I got rashes...sianz....
Actually I dun mind having milk supply.cannot da han every 3 hrs wake up to pump so I have to stop.need rest...

If every 6 to 8 hr pump then I really dun mind.ha ha...

Hubby tell me dun change my mind to pump.just spend time learning to take care bb.

Now I pump every 5 hrs.then in between got leakage then I go toilet squeeze out the milk into washing basin.ha ha...

When u all do buffet for full mth, do mummy eat the food also as we are still having confinment.

my bb shower is after my confinement... i suppose you can eat. just avoid seafood. Actually what we eat during confinement are normal food, just that we eat more ginger. My mum sometimes make roast chicken for me as one of my confinement dishes.

My friend's CL knows she doesn't like chinese food, cooks western food for her :)

Last edited:
I hope...Till this moment, my thoughts is still stop pumping...see whether Betty words can do magic...by the way, she told me she dun work on sunday... Vivian88, u lucky...

I hope...Till this moment, my thoughts is still stop pumping...see whether Betty words can do magic...by the way, she told me she dun work on sunday... Vivian88, u lucky...
Hahaha yes, she said from my SMS she could feel I was very desperate. That's why she decided to help me even on Sunday. Some more I was late, because I had to bring my baby for check up. She waited outside my house for quite a while. Hehehe. I hope she can help you and that you can continue bf your baby! Don't need pump!
Because I totally didn't pump.. Just DL on demand.. And my breast always so soft now,, even I have oversupply. Even Betty also say my baby very lucky, I got too much milk. But never get engorgement anymore.. Just full then it will leak.. Then I just use hand express out some in the toilet.. Then when baby wake up wanna drink, I latch on again..

Back