(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I also stopping bf . Yesterday I broke down.. Feel like I lost all my freedom. Due to bf , have to restrict lots of things. Life with a fussy baby is already v challenging and i want to regain some of my freedom to eat what I want. Today I had a cuppa for breakfast.. Heavenly. Feel much much better

I also stopping bf . Yesterday I broke down.. Feel like I lost all my freedom. Due to bf , have to restrict lots of things. Life with a fussy baby is already v challenging and i want to regain some of my freedom to eat what I want. Today I had a cuppa for breakfast.. Heavenly. Feel much much better
What the food cannot eat when bf?

@littlebeemama,
I start applying cold cabbage. Tried not to pump but after 12hrs no pump. Very xing ku.end up go pump.now I try to pump 6 to 8 hrs then pump.Not sure if its ok not to empty the breast.but I just apply cabbage before and after pump.try to apply cabbage as often as I can.cannot stand then pump.hope slowly supply will drop...

@Xp,
My massage lady also say the same.I noticed my friends also. C cup (before pregnant) -> D/E cup (after give birth) -> A cup or nei less after take medication leh.

@lala,
May I know how u stop breast feed? Take med?

I feel the same.Hubby can go out with friends and tell me I need to rest and pump milk . confinement lady will take care of me.Being a mother is not easy.give birth kana touch below by many people to check if open 10cm.then after birth must stitch.pump milk will feel pain if have block duct . sacrifice sleep time to pump milk.All mum are great...

I still working out a way to stop the milk slowly without medication.I got super low tolerance level for pain so this is a big challenge for me.

@Xp,
May I check when u pump lesser and lesser, u got empty ur breast whenever u pump? I used to hand express after I pump one...my friend told me not need to pump cleanly.keep for next pump.i trying now.

I had tried using cabbage for 1st and 2nd bb, breast became very ugly and lumpy. 3rd I took medicine, looks okay gradually smaller as in back to normal. So I prefer med.

Hi mummies
Haven't come in for some time and only managed to finish reading all the posts.

I delivered to a healthy 3.34kg son (second child/son) on 15th Oct. natural with epidural.

Exactly two weeks past le. Had engorgement the next day after discharge and immediately arrange for LC at Mount A for house visit and solved the issue. Soooo painful and crying in tears during the whole process. But at least no more engorgement since after gotten alot of advice from the LC. I looked for Sister Kang. She's good.

Managed to have ample BM with storing of some excess frozen BM this time round compared to first pregnancy. Realised need to start taking in alot of fluid at the hospital in order to be able to produce more BM. Continue to drink alot of fluid when back home, think I drank like average around 6-9 litres of the longan red date drink daily, excluding soups. Also need to catch sleep whenever baby is sleeping.

Not easy to BM but holding on so that Didi can also have BM like Gor Gor for at least 10 months. :p

@Xp,
May I check when u pump lesser and lesser, u got empty ur breast whenever u pump? I used to hand express after I pump one...my friend told me not need to pump cleanly.keep for next pump.i trying now.
Actually coz I kena 2nd time engorgement, den my supply drop, that's y I decided to stop pumping.

But when I pump, I still apply hot towel to massage & to clear e block ducts also lah. Pump out v v little but when press nipple, still got milk loh. . So I doubt is empty. But this only last a few times den I just stop completely le..

@purpleluv

When bf , I cut off the following food ( which are the foods I lik3

Caffeine, chocs, junk food, broccoli, cabbage, berries, stone fruits.

The above are food that can cause gas in babies or food in low nutritional values

@littlebeemama,
I start applying cold cabbage. Tried not to pump but after 12hrs no pump. Very xing ku.end up go pump.now I try to pump 6 to 8 hrs then pump.Not sure if its ok not to empty the breast.but I just apply cabbage before and after pump.try to apply cabbage as often as I can.cannot stand then pump.hope slowly supply will drop...
Are your boobs v hard if you don't pump? If u wanna stop, don't empty your breast or pump too long coz if u do, u r telling ur body that u need more milk. That's why some ppl latch n pump at the same time to make the body think that "hey I'm feeding two babies. Give me more milk." For me i only stop bf after my son was 18 mth old n I found out I was pregnant. By then my supply was already low n I din really do anything.

What the food cannot eat when bf?
What you eat is what your bb gets. So for me i don't take caffeine n raw food n seafood like stingray for the first few months. When my son was bigger, then I started to take them but in moderation. Some babies have reactions to certain food so when they do, u may need to avoid that food for a while.

@Xp,
I keep having block ducts when I was pumping. Having problem getting up to pump in the night. Dunno why cannot wake up 3 hourly. Until 1 day I wake up and cannot stand properly. I know my body cannot take it.

I keep having block duct problem.even after massage lady come clear them.still come back so I want to stop breast milk.

Today is day 2.i apply frozen cabbage lasy night. Last pump is 10pm.until now is 9hrs.not very hard.later pump when I buay da han.frozen cabbage is good.

@lala,
I will use this method.slowly stretch the pump hrs.Starting I tried 12 hrs not to pump.breast is very very hard.feel so xing ku so go and pump. Then read up a little and realise cannot immediately stop pump. Need to drag the hrs.

@littlebeemama,
I know what u mean:) usually I will need to massage-> pump -> pump+hand press those block ducts -> off pump, manual express. Now what I do is pump till no milk come out then stop.last time I pump 40 mins.now 5 to 10 min stop liao.

@Xp,
I keep having block ducts when I was pumping. Having problem getting up to pump in the night. Dunno why cannot wake up 3 hourly. Until 1 day I wake up and cannot stand properly. I know my body cannot take it.

I keep having block duct problem.even after massage lady come clear them.still come back so I want to stop breast milk.

Today is day 2.i apply frozen cabbage lasy night. Last pump is 10pm.until now is 9hrs.not very hard.later pump when I buay da han.frozen cabbage is good.
No lah.. u dun say yrself until like that...u manage to bf v gd le...although is really 可惜 that we can't bf for long. But this journey is really not easy!!

Auto..hear u say like that..also v xin ku.. u slowly slowly drag the time & apply cabbage loh.. hope it ease yr problem soon!

Den mayb nxt time for #2, hopefully we learn our lesson & can bf them better & for longer time..

All mummies are very great le in ur breastfeeding journey. Dont give urself stress. Be a happy mummy. Taking care of baby is very tiring itself so we must take good care of ourselves.

@agaga,
Take med also can pump and have to bear with the engorgement is it?

I had engorgement on 3rd day during my stay in hospital so I asked for med le. Nipple totally no milk at all. After 1st dose, no pain anymore. After 2nd dose, the hardness went away. 1 tablet costs $36 only need 2.

So I'm not too sure about pumping part. But I think the med is to help stop milk so shld be no more milk lor.

Taking medicine to stop bf will shrink the boobs? I m abt to give up bf also. Dunno why this time so difficult to produce milk and have to face with constant block ducts.

Mommies who do total bfing can share how u stop milk supply? Thanks.

Oh yes, how often do you change the diaper? My usage very chor. He always like to,poo a little at any one time. One day I can change up to 10. Broke!

Vivian88,
U called in Betty to help to clear the engorgement right? Still sore...apply nipple cream.its real good.My breast still blue black and very hard to pump out.
I calling Betty in soon.If after Betty come help but still same situation, I will give up pumping.very tiring and painful.been bearing with it for many days.
@kitty_kitty Betty really very good.. She sure can solve your problem! My nipples sore because my LO needs to suck latch on to sleep.. Sometimes can be more than 1hour.. I think suck too long, hahaha.
Now no more engorgement, back ducts..etc. I'm enjoying breastfeeding, only hate the every few hours must feed for hours.

Vivian88,
U called in Betty to help to clear the engorgement right? Still sore...apply nipple cream.its real good.My breast still blue black and very hard to pump out.
I calling Betty in soon.If after Betty come help but still same situation, I will give up pumping.very tiring and painful.been bearing with it for many days.
@kitty_kitty Betty really very good.. She sure can solve your problem! My nipples sore because my LO needs to suck latch on to sleep.. Sometimes can be more than 1hour.. I think suck too long, hahaha.
Now no more engorgement, back ducts..etc. I'm enjoying breastfeeding, only hate the every few hours must feed for hours.

My baby is 46 days old today. So far had used up 2 packets of new born diaper = 50pcs and half packet of drypers S size = 28pcs Which means to say 45 days only used 78pcs

I use cloth diaper in the day abt 5-6pcs. Cos they still poo alot now so cloth diaper more cost saving.

I bought milk powder from JB, so much cheaper.

I'd remove mitten from her since full month, trim nails every 2-3 days. Let her fingers to explore.

Oh yes, how often do you change the diaper? My usage very chor. He always like to,poo a little at any one time. One day I can change up to 10. Broke!

Use drypers or cheaper diapers. Otherwise cloth one if you time to wash. I'm not sure abt the prices here but I bought in JB, drypers per pc is $0.18

Heard from some mummies that baby could take your nipple as a pacifier and suck for comfort to sleep instead of drinking milk.

Heard from some mummies that baby could take your nipple as a pacifier and suck for comfort to sleep instead of drinking milk.
Yeah.. My LO sucks for comfort to sleep at night.. In the day she's a little easier.. But now finally she don't need to wake up every 2hours. If I latch her to sleep, she can sleep for 4hours then wake up for milk. So means I get to sleep longer too..

Mummies, just to share.. Because I find that I got no time to do anything and I'm so stressed with my LO.

I'm first time mom, and I didn't expect being a mummy would be so tough. First was the pregnancy, morning sickness and all.. Then the 3rd trimester, heavy back aches, swollen feet, hormones changes my mood to depression.. Etc.
Then 30hours long labour, slow dilations that caused me to wait almost 24hours before I could get pain relieve! OMG,
then POP ! Baby is out.. Cry for happiness, then start the Breastfeeding journey immediately.. With only little colostrum..
And don't even have any clue, just latch LO wrongly, until have sore, cracked, bleeding nipples.. Then comes engorgement, block ducts, leaking milk.. And baby crying of hunger but nipples too pain for her to latch.
Was in pain for 5days before LC came to the rescue! Then milk supply seems to regulate better after a while.. And when you thought everything is ok, baby's jaundice getting higher.. Everyone blaming you because you breastfeed..
Or when. lo crying, old folks had to comment and keep nagging that not enough milk..

And everyday looking after LO, seems like no time to do anything. Even go toilet bathe also hard..
Every morning I wake up at 8am, feed LO for 30mins then bring her sun tan, then let her rest a while.. 10am bathe her.. Then latch her about 30mins, then she sleep for a while.. And I can eat my lunch/breakfast.
Then 1pm start to cry, latch again.. All the way the cycle until evening.. She will wanna latch for soooo long.. Until my nipples so sore and I'm so tired..

Being a mummy really not easy! And I really admire those that have more than 1 child! Because after what I've been through now, I don't think I will want another one! Hahahaha! I got phobia with the engorgement and baby crying all...

Btw,
@lala,
May I know how u stop breast feed? Take med?

I feel the same.Hubby can go out with friends and tell me I need to rest and pump milk . confinement lady will take care of me.Being a mother is not easy.give birth kana touch below by many people to check if open 10cm.then after birth must stitch.pump milk will feel pain if have block duct . sacrifice sleep time to pump milk.All mum are great...

I still working out a way to stop the milk slowly without medication.I got super low tolerance level for pain so this is a big challenge for me.
@kitty_kitty I had oversupply, and engorgement even after feeding.. Now my supply drop a lot.. My breast very soft and no more excess milk.. Just have to latch and let BB suck and while sucking you or you ask your hubby to press your Breast, the lumps there.. After few times, the lumps will be gone because baby suck them.. Don't pump lanymore, because LC Told me might stimulate more milk! You only pump like 10mins before each feed to relieve so when BB suck also easier if not the breast so hard and full. Then after BB suck, make sure your breast feels softer.. Because it will means that bb got drink and clear some lumps for you. Then next feed, you switch to the other breast. Before you sleep, you apply the cold cabbage for 10mins to relieve pain.. And during the midnight feed, you pump after that so that you won't feel engorged in the morning when you wake up! Try this way.. Betty's way for me.. And it works.. Now i got no problem at all..

Vivian88,
I drop the plan to call Betty cos its too tiring for me to alway wake up 3 hours to pump.There was a morning I almost faint.Discuss with hubby and decide to stop breastfeeding.Tough journey for me.i have a good night sleep and didnt pump last night . although breast is hard but I apply frozen cabbage and continue to sleep.it has been a long time since I had such a long undisturbed rest.

But deep inside my heart, , sometimes I feel guilty towards my bb.I have milk but give up pump.i dreamt of fridge left 1 bottle breast milk and I feel so sad and cry.But I have to let go and take care of my health.its so contradicting.

I believe my bb just suck for comfort.She keep falling asleep when I latch her on.After a while then cry for milk.i got no patient to latch her and stop her.I did latch her on to try clear those block duct.but still not very effective as she fall asleep real fast.

Oh
I believe my bb just suck for comfort.She keep falling asleep when I latch her on.After a while then cry for milk.i got no patient to latch her and stop her.I did latch her on to try clear those block duct.but still not very effective as she fall asleep real fast.
okay.. Most importantly is you must feel happy.. Happy mummy is happy baby..
I having problem looking after my LO also.. Because I don't really know how to..
Like bathing, soothing.. Etc. my LO always cry, and I feel so stressed..

I think most impt thing is for mommy to be happy and not be stressed! If you want to stop fb then stop. Want to bf then bf. Don't beat up yourself over it for nothing. Stay strong and happy ok mommies! Your health is just as impt as baby's.

@Vivian88, just wanted to give u some encouragement, you'll feel stress as LO is still very new to your life, once you adjust yourself you'll get used to it. After 3mo will be much easier or rather you already get used to baby pattern.

Give pacifier if there's a need. Chose FM over BM if BF too stress. Accept help from old folks if being offered. Use yaolan if baby like to being rock to sleep.

I had depression during 1st pregnancy, bb cry non stop as 1st time mummy and I throw bb onto bed during confinement. I know it's not right but I just can't stand bb crying at that time.

For #2 & #3, I stay happy n positive. Now my toddler scream or cry. I also no feeling, won't angry. I just take it as a part of her growing up and a training for my patience.

Do it in your comfortable way. There's no right or wrong for handling a baby. If need to go toilet, let baby cry for awhile also okay. You can google on how to soothe a crying baby. I learned alot from youtube.

Jiayou, mummy. You can do it! ;)

I would like to say, sometimes all this unhappiness and stressed feeling oso due to hormone change/adjustment after birth...it's difficult to control...d impt thing is our hubby need to 100% support us...emotionally and mentally...:)

my situation very similar to agaga....probably i oso grown mature le, so hv more patient handling cranky bb crying...;)

Yes it is not easy being mothers. Not just mothers but fathers too. My husband wanted 4 children. He loves children. But after our first one was born he said maybe just one is enough coz it's really not easy. But as our first born grows we thought quite a pity to just have one and we really wanted a girl so we tried for a 2nd one. Heh. Now that is a boy again, we may go for another one.

During my first confinement I cried over little things. Same problems... old ppl keep asking if i had enough milk and I personally felt very guilty coz my son had bf jaundice. So I kept pumping n pumping til I had one whole freezer of milk so much so that we had to get a separate freezer n when my mil came to visit I showed her the milk supply n shut her mouth 4 ever.

I just did that again for this birth too. And my hash tag says "who dares to say I have no milk?"

It's very tiring but I find it very rewarding. My first child grew up very healthy. He seldom fell sick until he stopped drinking bm n started attending cc.

I lost my freedom n had to give up alot of things. But I gained alot too. My son is very close to me n I like that n I'm happy.

So you do what makes you happy. Happy mother = happy child = happy family

By the way, just a suggestion, do you all wanna start a fb private page? I'm in the aug 2012 mummies group n we moved our chats to fb, more private n we discussed more sensitive issues. We also chat via whatsapp and the moral support was really good. Imagine u waking up to latch or pump n hubby was snoring away, but u know someone out there is also awake n doing the same thing as you.

If u all don't mind then I will create the page in fb.

I agree with what the mummies said here.. no doubt BM is nutritional for bb. But no pt we drive ourselves crazy over this & neglect all other things.

For my case, I also cry when I decided to stop bf-ing.. I stress, I also make my surrounding ppl stress..After I stop, I feel much happier..though I feel the guilt..

Now I 烦 abt how I gonna look after bb @ night after i resume work... so tiring..

@Vivian88

I can fully understand how u feel. I was like that during my no1 and I also feel the blues for no2 after confinement auntie left.

For no1, I was v insistent on fully fm and ended up with a hungry
And crying baby.

For this no2, I had an expectation of her - being able to sleep independently, able to sleep anywhere/everywhere.
For the past one week after confinement aunty left, I was insistent on training her to achieve what I want her to be.
But alas , she was crying more and getting inconsolable. I was so stressed that she did not meet my requirement and broke down. I became v tensed with my other family members as I wanted things my style. I also have indirectly caused stress on my hubby.

With my husband encouragement and 开结, I had to accept that I have a high need baby who is challenging to handle. Agree w Agaga that do whatever the comfortable way. Be open to additional help - be it using those so called forbidden items like pacifiers and yaolan.

Our baby need extra TLC to thrive and grow. , things will get easier once u get into the routine and adjustment. With a baby , it is inevitable that there are lifestyle changes, hang in there and jia you

I don't mind a fb Grp :)

Anyone having super bad backlash of like acne from post pregnancy hormones?! My skin is so horrible. Can't wait for confinement to be over. I want to go see skin doctor alr :'(

@Vivian88,
U want to go medical shop ask them for the herbs to bath bb with jaundice? It works well for me:)

BB jaundice level drop very fast . Bath herb+shine sunlight

Try to bf as long as u can...my body cannot take it so I have to slowly reduce and stop pump eventually.If I have the ability, I also want latch/pump bm for BB.

Back