(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I'm slightly over 2 weeks, the bleeding more or less stop already. But I still wearing just in case.

Vivian88,
U called in Betty to help to clear the engorgement right? Still sore...apply nipple cream.its real good.My breast still blue black and very hard to pump out.
I calling Betty in soon.If after Betty come help but still same situation, I will give up pumping.very tiring and painful.been bearing with it for many days.

I was given Hexadone Woundwash to clean my wound. Heals pretty fast. I'm going for my gynae review today.
For my first pregnancy, i stopped bleeding after about 20 days.

I had very bad engorgement on Friday night. Went to KKH A&E also no use. My friend recommended me this massage lady from China. She massaged for me and managed to clear most of my blocked ducts.
It seems like I have forgotten alot of things from my first pregnancy. I forgot the importance of massage.

For sore nipples, use breastmilk. It works better than nipple cream. You can also use ice or cold compress to soothe your sore nipples.

For lactation consultant, you can try mother and child and look for Uma. I have not seen her before but she is highly recommended by the other mummies I got to know when I had my firstborn. I may be seeing her coz my 2nd LO doesn't seem to latch well.

I was reading previous posts randomly while expressing just now. For cold cabbage, don't apply for too long or too many days because it will lower your supply. That was what happened to me during my first birth. My right boob's supply was cut by half after a week of mastitis.

Before you latch or pump, remember to massage as mentioned earlier, if your boobs feel hard, you can put hot towel then massage, it helps with the flow. The ML from China told me that you shouldn't massage too hard because you may hurt your breast. Just massage with light pressure and longer.

Hope all of us can go through this together, I rem it was like that for my firstborn too. After 2nd month, things will get better. Jiayou!

How to gain back milk supply? As my Left supply is more than double compare to right side. Because I'm having sore swollen nipple on right side for past few weeks. So no latch no pump only squeezing. Ended up the supply was so pathetic.

Hi ladies, just an update.. experienced labor pain on wednesday but was advised to wait for further progression and went back to see gynae on Thursday. Insisted to proceed with induction despite baby measuring big.

Yesterday was induced at 12pm, started at 2cm dilation, burst the waterbag at 4pm with only 3cm dilated. Gynae initially was pretty pissed that even during the checking at 4pm i still wanted to wait n he reluctantly burst my waterbag.

But even at 6pm baby was still very high up even though contractions were coming full blown. Dilated only at 4cm.

Was left with no choice but to proceed with emergency csect.

Cried & cried cause i felt so defeated, but eventually both me n hubby felt satisfied and grateful that we made the right decision.

Finally heard my baby's first cry at 8.10pm last night, 30.10.2014. Being 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant.
Soooo surprised to find that baby actually weighs 3.8kg!!! Head circumference 35cm. No wonder... no wonder diffcult to engage. Hahaha

Even during the csect, they had issues carrying my baby out. Had to push him down to the 'cut area' and use forcep. Wow. So amazed that i actually have been carrying a healthy big baby around. Hehehe.

Here's the picture of my little prince. ;)
Congratz!!!

I'm on my 24th days now.. still bleeding on and out but not much so I'm only wearing panty liner..

I hard engorged breast last week too.. buay tahan till I call Betty too.. her way works well for me..

How to gain back milk supply? As my Left supply is more than double compare to right side. Because I'm having sore swollen nipple on right side for past few weeks. So no latch no pump only squeezing. Ended up the supply was so pathetic.
I had sore nipples too but I endure the pain and pump... u have to latch n pump to build supply. You can buy those tea and supplement to boost ur supply. Drink lots and lots of soup and hot drink. B4 I pump I always put hot towel or I use my hot drink mug n press on my boobs.
Now at day 5, I can produce 70ml of milk from both boobs.

Stay positive n happy. A happy mum can do wonders!

@BunnyHorse Supplements you can take to increase BM is fernugeek, blessed thistle and those breastfeeding tea also help. Take a lot of fluids too.

When your nipple not so sore try to make baby latch on more on the side with lesser milk

Mummies,
Last sat I had bb full month celebration. Sun went back my mum house for praying.very tired over the weekend.but u continue to pump.3am.wake up to pump.almost faint.Hubby see me like this.He knows my body cannot take it.I also feel the same.so I struggling now. Should I get Betty to do house visit cos I still hVe block duct.every pump session need to use finger to press when pumping.after pump hand express out to empty breast. It takes at least half hr to 40min. Lack of rest. Should I give up?

My bb has been on partial BM/fm since birth. Now I only pump 3 times a day, abt 200 ml in total. I don't pump in the middle of the night as I feel that my rest is more important. I don't want to fall sick or feel grumpy due to lack of rest.

In fact I sorta look forward to the end of my breastfeeding journey as I find tat it is time consuming( no offence to breastfeeding supporters ).

For my no1, I let her go on full fm after her full mth and she was seldom sick.
My take is don't feel guilty or lousy if not giving BM. Happy mum= happy baby

Mummies,
Last sat I had bb full month celebration. Sun went back my mum house for praying.very tired over the weekend.but u continue to pump.3am.wake up to pump.almost faint.Hubby see me like this.He knows my body cannot take it.I also feel the same.so I struggling now. Should I get Betty to do house visit cos I still hVe block duct.every pump session need to use finger to press when pumping.after pump hand express out to empty breast. It takes at least half hr to 40min. Lack of rest. Should I give up?
@kitty_kitty

U dont hv to give up totally. Can supplement with FM. Not enough rest also cause supply to drop. If u hv supply in storage get someone to bottle feed while u pump. That u can get rest. If u don't pump at night u will get even more engorged n blocked. Personally I find milk production higher at night. If I dun pump good luck to me....

@la la,
U understand how I feel.I sort of feel guilty when I have milk for bb but I choose to stop.

U mention u didnt pump at night.whole night no pump then wake up breast not hard and engorge.

Vivian88,
U called in Betty to help to clear the engorgement right? Still sore...apply nipple cream.its real good.My breast still blue black and very hard to pump out.
I calling Betty in soon.If after Betty come help but still same situation, I will give up pumping.very tiring and painful.been bearing with it for many days.
What happen why is there blue black?
Take care of yourself mummy.

Mummies,
Each side I takes 15-30min to empty so close to 1 hour to clear both boobs.

Usually express or clear my boobs during the days or before 12am then sleep. Night time usu feed her fm cos the bm take sometime to warm and she is already crying, sometime I try DL till she sleeps in 15min I gave up cos she isn't drinking enough.

Dont stress yourself, most importantly is you have enough rest and recover from sore nipples/blocked ducts.

Last edited:
Agaga,
So nice...can sleep and rest well at night...
Err.. if only 1 baby, yes sure adequate rest but my 2yo suddenly become milkaholic every 2-3 hours wake up for milk like her mei mei. So I also panda eyes now plus backache.

If I breastfeed, my boobs sure very busy handling 2 hungry babies...lol

Don't feel guilty as l believe FM is also very good for growing baby. Mummy must be happy to have a happy baby.

@agaga not putting ur kids in separate rooms? I had my #1 behaving like #2 at some point also. Stress!!!

Now all 3 behave like babies. Faint! Thankfully older ones already on FM.

Although I managed to sustain on TBM until 7.5mths but I also made a conscious decision to stop. Cos I was not getting enough rest nor time alone with hubby. Also I lost alot of weight from BF. in the end motherhood is not all about Breastfeeding. Right?

Just try ur best. Ur kids will see ur heart.

@agaga not putting ur kids in separate rooms? I had my #1 behaving like #2 at some point also. Stress!!!

Now all 3 behave like babies. Faint! Thankfully older ones already on FM.

Although I managed to sustain on TBM until 7.5mths but I also made a conscious decision to stop. Cos I was not getting enough rest nor time alone with hubby. Also I lost alot of weight from BF. in the end motherhood is not all about Breastfeeding. Right?

Just try ur best. Ur kids will see ur heart.

We had arranged #2 to sleep with my mom before #3 came home but who knows she always cry for mummy, she wasn't like this. So might as well I handle both in the night then my mom help in the day. But usually also very hard to nap cos now #2 very clingy. Always seeking attention.

@kitty

No I won't feel engorged without pumping at night. Maybe because my supply is not much.

No doubt BM is good for bb, but BM is only part of motherhood.

We had arranged #2 to sleep with my mom before #3 came home but who knows she always cry for mummy, she wasn't like this. So might as well I handle both in the night then my mom help in the day. But usually also very hard to nap cos now #2 very clingy. Always seeking attention.
@agaga
Think v natural one lor.... No matter how u arrange they will still come back to u. Special connexion between kids n mum somehow.

@BunnyHorse Supplements you can take to increase BM is fernugeek, blessed thistle and those breastfeeding tea also help. Take a lot of fluids too.

When your nipple not so sore try to make baby latch on more on the side with lesser milk
Ya have been taking that. Yesterday I latch and baby push away. Lol.

I had sore nipples too but I endure the pain and pump... u have to latch n pump to build supply. You can buy those tea and supplement to boost ur supply. Drink lots and lots of soup and hot drink. B4 I pump I always put hot towel or I use my hot drink mug n press on my boobs.
Now at day 5, I can produce 70ml of milk from both boobs.

Stay positive n happy. A happy mum can do wonders!
Mine one side 60ml the other 10ml only...very unbalance... ya I always use warm towel n press before I pump...

@agaga
Think v natural one lor.... No matter how u arrange they will still come back to u. Special connexion between kids n mum somehow.

Exactly! I'm actually happy to be needed cos I know some kids don't stick to mom but dad or even grandparents. Everytime when she's gan jiong, she'll shout for mummy even though I'm not around.

Mummies,
I stop pump milk since last night.now breast very swollen.Pump milk got block duct.also pain. Want to stop pump milk also pain.Having a child is not easy.Later I going A&E to get med to stop milk production.

Mummies,
I stop pump milk since last night.now breast very swollen.Pump milk got block duct.also pain. Want to stop pump milk also pain.Having a child is not easy.Later I going A&E to get med to stop milk production.
I pump every 2-3hr. If midnight can tahan, pump 4hrly. Milk powder is expensive and bf is nutrient.
Yes it is indeed tired.

@beac , The Rotavirus at National healthcare costs $90 (by cash) no consultation charge , private clinic costs $180 as per other mummy state. Ist oral dose at 3mo so I'll be bringing my baby to Hougang for this + 5in1 & Pneumococcal in the same day.

Hi October mummies, congrats on your newborn! I'm due in dec & would like to hear if any of you have any good experiences & post natal massage lady/ package to recommend to me. Thanks!

Mummies,
kitty_kitty mummy..dun eat the meds! Both my mother & mil say..if eat the meds to stop, wait nei nei wait shrink wor! So I also dare not eat.. just pump lesser & lesser loh.. to gradually reduce supply...

Back