(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Dear lovely mummies to be!
I'm sure you are excited to see your new-born and have lots of questions about pregnancy! Join along with medical experts, Dr David Woo and Dr Natalie Chua who will enlighten you on Prenatal Nutrition, the labour process and labour pain management.
Psst! What's more, there will be scrumptious high tea buffet and stand a chance to win fantastic lucky draw prizes. Hurry and sign up today!
www.miticketplus.com
Closing date: 11 October 2014

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 230
Thanks Zeropanda. i felt a bit cheated cos it was not made known to me about this additional cost. Theres a processing fee of $30 + $120 for the levy.
But guess no choice, too late to find another CL and deposit already made. Hopefully she is good to make up for all these.

:eek: Cannot imagine whole fist go in to break the waterbag.(seem like dr adrian will prefer to burst the waterbag) Thru out whole process husband beside u?
He upgraded bed for u?
Yeah when doc burst the bag so damn pain! My hubby was just beside all the way until d bb came out.Mine was the nurse try to burst my water bag first but she cant! Its like dr digging2x inside! So pain! After that my doc came and dig2x again! Huhuhu so painful! Lucky she burst it!!! My god!! I seriously prefer to wait my water bag burst naturally like my first one.coz ones d water bag burst naturally the induce process will b very fast.wd my second one waahh! Die lah!Breaking d water bag and d catheter was d worst hehehehe plus the labor also! Hehehehe! Plus the moment u push d bb out! So pain! Coz never tok EPI! I really try to tolerate the pain even its so damnn PAIN! But all ds pain is worth it mommies right ones u see ur little one!after i saw my bb was out i still can sms my mom,friends that my bb is out already hahahha! While my doc stiching my cut! I can even see d thread while shes doing it! And still can talk to my doc and hubby! Thy say im champion i still hve energy! But d moment they transfer me to my room i knock out already whahahaha!

Last edited:
My gynae used a hook somehting similar to the knitting needle to burst the waterbag. How to use fist?! can't imagine...fist is about 5-6cm.. *pain pain*

My gynae used a hook somehting similar to the knitting needle to burst the waterbag. How to use fist?! can't imagine...fist is about 5-6cm.. *pain pain*

Ya. My gyne too. Nvr insert the whole hand. Just this little hook. Prick then water start to trickle out.

Yeah when doc burst the bag so damn pain! My hubby was just beside all the way until d bb came out.Mine was the nurse try to burst my water bag first but she cant! Its like dr digging2x inside! So pain! After that my doc came and dig2x again! Huhuhu so painful! Lucky she burst it!!! My god!! I seriously prefer to wait my water bag burst naturally like my first one.coz ones d water bag burst naturally the induce process will b very fast.wd my second one waahh! Die lah!Breaking d water bag and d catheter was d worst hehehehe plus the labor also! Hehehehe! Plus the moment u push d bb out! So pain! Coz never tok EPI! I really try to tolerate the pain even its so damnn PAIN! But all ds pain is worth it mommies right ones u see ur little one!after i saw my bb was out i still can sms my mom,friends that my bb is out already hahahha! While my doc stiching my cut! I can even see d thread while shes doing it! And still can talk to my doc and hubby! Thy say im champion i still hve energy! But d moment they transfer me to my room i knock out already whahahaha!
Same!!
I feel my second labour more painful than first.. The water bag breaking , Gynae was digging here and there. Plus this time round no laughing gas , really pain till I scream

Mummies, I m back in action. Pop on 5th oct 330pm after 22 hrs of labour pain. Its the worst part of my life.i took 4 epidural leh.today is day 3 at home.stitch still painful.i totally didnt take care my girl.no strength.i need to recover.Want to share with all mummies to be...I didnt know cannot walk so much.i walk and walk.now stitch is very painful.

Mummies, I m back in action. Pop on 5th oct 330pm after 22 hrs of labour pain. Its the worst part of my life.i took 4 epidural leh.today is day 3 at home.stitch still painful.i totally didnt take care my girl.no strength.i need to recover.Want to share with all mummies to be...I didnt know cannot walk so much.i walk and walk.now stitch is very painful.
During cinfinement u nd to lie down and rest as much as u can.. if there is someone looking after yr girl.. then u let her take care

My stitches was painful on the 4th day onwards.. it was so painful tat i dare not sit diwn and really no choice i took the pain killer.. today is my 10th day of confinement.. still a bit painful but i can move and sit abt comfortably.. but no big action.. just in case...

[QUtOTE="leocub, post: 7512411, member: 73758"]My gynae used a hook somehting similar to the knitting needle to burst the waterbag. How to use fist?! can't imagine...fist is about 5-6cm.. *pain pain*[/QUOTE] me too,she used a white hook to burst my bag

Agree after discharge hospital so pain the cut.huhuhu cant sit properly.aftr 2 weeks ur stitches will b ok already

Same!!
I feel my second labour more painful than first.. The water bag breaking , Gynae was digging here and there. Plus this time round no laughing gas , really pain till I scream
Yeah painful! Can die lah ehehhehehe! No laughing gas for me also! Hehheeh

Try to wash the wound with antiseptic solution.if u r delivering at tmc, use the procanol solution that was given. It helps w the pain and dry the wound. After every toilet visit, use sterile cotton and the solution to wash the wound. And if you can take fish essence, it helps too.My wound recovered within a week.

@ lala, I delivered at kkh.they do not provide anything.just cool pad to relieve the swelling.my gynae say wash the wound and keep clean for 2 weeks.oh my god. Its already 5 days but still painful.cant open my leg.how did u manage to wash with salt water?

@ kitty kitty
No I did not wash w salt water. I use the antiseptic called procanol solution. It can be purchased at guardian/ Watson.
After every toilet visit, I wash w water and wipe dry with toilet paper. Then soak the sterile cotton ball with procanol solution and dap it on the wound.

@kitty_kitty.

You can try this. When you sit down dun sit on soft surface. Alot of ppl sit on swimming float thinking will help ease the pain of the stitch. A nurse once shared with me, sit on a standard wooden chair (solid hard surface) keep your legs together. Helps the wound to close faster. If you sit on soft surface, the wound will open up.

Try and see if it works. Jia you!

Congrats kitty!! Y 22 hrs so long? Gynae nvr suggest c sect meh?
Yes go buy the antiseptic solution from pharmacy and it will help. Speedy recovery!

@ kitty kitty
No I did not wash w salt water. I use the antiseptic called procanol solution. It can be purchased at guardian/ Watson.
After every toilet visit, I wash w water and wipe dry with toilet paper. Then soak the sterile cotton ball with procanol solution and dap it on the wound.
that is what I did but I didn't know is after every toilet visit. Into my 6th day of confinement and still hurting when I stopped taking painkiller. Cough/sneeze also painful.

Currently, going through sore nipples and one of the nipple end turns YELLOW who should I ask for help - OB, PD or lactation consultant? Do we need to make appt with lactation consultant?

It doesn't help when you have sleepy bb not waking up for bf even after I took off her clothes during the day. She can sleep on for 5-8hours so scare she dehydrated. We warmed up the bm and everything is throw away after an hour still struggling to wake her up.

So scare her jaundice level shoot back, we forced feed her with pumped bm via bottle/syringe.

Dear all mummies!
Meet baby Dayllia Leriss Tee.
I was induced on 8/10/14 natural+epi
Baby weighing 3.46kg at birth!
To the rest of the mummies still waiting, jiayou jiayou!!

Attachments

• 1412978861575.jpg
    1412978861575.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 1412978894704.jpg
    1412978894704.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 248
  • 1412978939194.jpg
    1412978939194.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 254
that is what I did but I didn't know is after every toilet visit. Into my 6th day of confinement and still hurting when I stopped taking painkiller. Cough/sneeze also painful.

Currently, going through sore nipples and one of the nipple end turns YELLOW who should I ask for help - OB, PD or lactation consultant? Do we need to make appt with lactation consultant?

It doesn't help when you have sleepy bb not waking up for bf even after I took off her clothes during the day. She can sleep on for 5-8hours so scare she dehydrated. We warmed up the bm and everything is throw away after an hour still struggling to wake her up.

So scare her jaundice level shoot back, we forced feed her with pumped bm via bottle/syringe.
Littlefish866.. i hv the same issue.. my nipples were sore. If u wan to continue to bf, then i think a lactation consultant will b good cos they will teach u the correct way to latch the bb.

I just went to see the consultant on wed. . Im still learning.. but at least nipples not as sore and my main prob is bcos my bb is impatient and demanding .. even i successfully latch her, she expect the flow from the bottle.. mistake tat i hv made.. to bottle feed her..

Littlefish866.. i hv the same issue.. my nipples were sore. If u wan to continue to bf, then i think a lactation consultant will b good cos they will teach u the correct way to latch the bb.

I just went to see the consultant on wed. . Im still learning.. but at least nipples not as sore and my main prob is bcos my bb is impatient and demanding .. even i successfully latch her, she expect the flow from the bottle.. mistake tat i hv made.. to bottle feed her..

Sigh my mum is doing the confinement for me so when she sees us syringe feedin her she insists that bb will not be confused by bottle feed... I still managed to latch on directly.

Anyway, did you make an appt with lactation consultant or just dropby directly?

Little fish. When is ur bb's next follow up with pd? I think shld call in and ask for follow up soon. Bb less than 1 mth don't sleep for so long (5-8hrs?) try to wake bb. Do you swaddle bb? If you do, remove swaddle. Bb sleep with swaddle too comfortable already. Sure sleep v long.

If your nipple looks yellowish and it is the one that is sore, might be pus. Go see LC. If serious they will refer to ur gyne.

Sigh my mum is doing the confinement for me so when she sees us syringe feedin her she insists that bb will not be confused by bottle feed... I still managed to latch on directly.

Anyway, did you make an appt with lactation consultant or just dropby directly?
I call to make appt. I went to thomson medical. Tel: 62502222

@ lala, I delivered at kkh.they do not provide anything.just cool pad to relieve the swelling.my gynae say wash the wound and keep clean for 2 weeks.oh my god. Its already 5 days but still painful.cant open my leg.how did u manage to wash with salt water?
I wash with procanol solution. Use cotton wool to clean wound and recovered within a week. The second day in hosp I can walk around and not much pain. I think salt water is pain. You can try to get procanol solution.

I wash with procanol solution. Use cotton wool to clean wound and recovered within a week. The second day in hosp I can walk around and not much pain. I think salt water is pain. You can try to get procanol solution.

For me I just usually wash with water every time I visit the toilet. Then use toilet paper to dab dry. Nvr use any antiseptic. Then chg pad regularly.

I just use the solution that TMC gave me. Should be the same one as other mummies. Wound not bleeding that much anymore. Every time after using the toilet, just rinse with water, dab dry and use sterile cotton balls with the solution to dab on the wound. No pain for me. I'm only taking painkillers coz of the pain in my lower back and womb/uterus. Feel like contraction pain.

3rd day into confinement. Hair oily like hell. Yesterday bathe once with the herbs Liao. Cannot than. So hot. Sweat like mad. Only today the weathers a bit cooler coz the sun is hiding. My girl jaundice level starting to peak. Plus not much sunlight today which makes it harder to sun her in the morning. Haven't bring her to doc yet. Next mon got appt with the PD. Unless tomorrow if really very yellow then may have to go a&e.

Feeding in guess can say is ok. I'm on total breast feed. She wakes up almost every hour now to feed as compared to first 3 days at TMC, which is every 2-3 hours. Matured milk out already. But I think got some problem with her latching or my milk flow. She keep unlatching herself. Til now I got sore nipples and a bit of engorgement. Breast pain sia. But better already. Really have to follow the massage steps even though it's painful to press around the whole breast to 'loosen' the milk ducts.

@verine22 good luck tomorrow! Hope your labor not so long. Mine was about 5-6 hours. If you can stand the contraction pain then just go without epi. I cannot tahan that's why I took. Rest well tonight. You'll need the energy. Jia you and wait for your good news!

I just use the solution that TMC gave me. Should be the same one as other mummies. Wound not bleeding that much anymore. Every time after using the toilet, just rinse with water, dab dry and use sterile cotton balls with the solution to dab on the wound. No pain for me. I'm only taking painkillers coz of the pain in my lower back and womb/uterus. Feel like contraction pain.

3rd day into confinement. Hair oily like hell. Yesterday bathe once with the herbs Liao. Cannot than. So hot. Sweat like mad. Only today the weathers a bit cooler coz the sun is hiding. My girl jaundice level starting to peak. Plus not much sunlight today which makes it harder to sun her in the morning. Haven't bring her to doc yet. Next mon got appt with the PD. Unless tomorrow if really very yellow then may have to go a&e.

Feeding in guess can say is ok. I'm on total breast feed. She wakes up almost every hour now to feed as compared to first 3 days at TMC, which is every 2-3 hours. Matured milk out already. But I think got some problem with her latching or my milk flow. She keep unlatching herself. Til now I got sore nipples and a bit of engorgement. Breast pain sia. But better already. Really have to follow the massage steps even though it's painful to press around the whole breast to 'loosen' the milk ducts.

@verine22 good luck tomorrow! Hope your labor not so long. Mine was about 5-6 hours. If you can stand the contraction pain then just go without epi. I cannot tahan that's why I took. Rest well tonight. You'll need the energy. Jia you and wait for your good news!

@silentlove
Sometimes it is cos of milk flow too fast. When supply established and there is let down the milk might spray too fast. Helps to hand express some out first then latch bb. My bb used to have milk spraying in their faces when I let down. Then bb will scream!! Hehe. Funny n poor thing at the same time.

Hello girls, sorry been missing for a few days. Congrats to those who have popped!!! The rest of us are anticipating our turns. Have updated the track list post and u girls can view it at Page 57 post #3397. =)

Went to see my gynae yesterday, at 37 weeks 4 days and baby is currently 3kg. Dr said baby has still not engaged yet. Haiyaaaah now already so difficult to move around what more when baby is really down in position. Been trying to move around alot also, but seems like it's not doing much. Maybe bb still enjoying his scuba diving inside. haha.

Anyone else having gynaes who persistently keep advising to do csect instead of natural? Me n hubby quite fed up with the gynae. Everytime he will keep repeating that most likely must c-sect. Pffft so discouraging!! Especially not that bb already weighs 3kg, all the more he keeps repeating on that.

Hello girls, sorry been missing for a few days. Congrats to those who have popped!!! The rest of us are anticipating our turns. Have updated the track list post and u girls can view it at Page 57 post #3397. =)

Went to see my gynae yesterday, at 37 weeks 4 days and baby is currently 3kg. Dr said baby has still not engaged yet. Haiyaaaah now already so difficult to move around what more when baby is really down in position. Been trying to move around alot also, but seems like it's not doing much. Maybe bb still enjoying his scuba diving inside. haha.

Anyone else having gynaes who persistently keep advising to do csect instead of natural? Me n hubby quite fed up with the gynae. Everytime he will keep repeating that most likely must c-sect. Pffft so discouraging!! Especially not that bb already weighs 3kg, all the more he keeps repeating on that.

Don't worry just control your diet now till birth. When I had my 1st BB, gynae also said that, even want me to induce around 38weeks when BB was 3.2kg if I wanted natural birth and said my pelvis not big enough.
I just don't wanna, so I waited till full term 40weeks then induce cos no sign of contraction - delivered 3.4kg BB natural with vacuum. (I told gynae at least let me try natural birth if really cannot then c-section I don't mind to paid the extra then she nvr mention again)
*My cousin also delivered a 4.1kg BB girl natural too

My Gynae does not encourage c sect unless medically necessary.his pov is that recovery is shorter and easier via natural birth.

@shabsrina, some gynae just have the preference for csect, if u're really want to give birth naturally, must find a gynae that shares the same view as u.
@

Hihi. . May i check how do i reduce the frequency of pumping out the milk since now that i have successfully latch my girl?

For the past 1 week or so i hv been pumping every 3 - 4 hrly to keep the supply coming. But now tat i hv latch her i hope to stop pumping for a while b4 i go back to work so tat my breasts don't always feel full and nd to pump out the milk? TIA

blur blur...dont pump it too empty..then slowly the ss will drop. But it will affect the latch leh.

Mommies, can i check during your confinement, do you use boiled water to mix into the herbal bath or just hot water from the tap can alr? Thanks.

blur blur...dont pump it too empty..then slowly the ss will drop. But it will affect the latch leh.

Mommies, can i check during your confinement, do you use boiled water to mix into the herbal bath or just hot water from the tap can alr? Thanks.

My mil will normally boil the herbs with water. Then use the whole thing. :)

Don't worry just control your diet now till birth. When I had my 1st BB, gynae also said that, even want me to induce around 38weeks when BB was 3.2kg if I wanted natural birth and said my pelvis not big enough.
I just don't wanna, so I waited till full term 40weeks then induce cos no sign of contraction - delivered 3.4kg BB natural with vacuum. (I told gynae at least let me try natural birth if really cannot then c-section I don't mind to paid the extra then she nvr mention again)
*My cousin also delivered a 4.1kg BB girl natural too

thank you @zeropanda. it is really positive to hear this..
@shabsrina same issue here. totally feeling u. my gynae everytime also say may csect. and scold me for my weight gain. i control my diet but keep gaining it is very frustrating. nothing i can do also what. my boy is 3.3kg at week 37 D3. even heavier. i am also dilemma, don know want to induce or wait out for now.. at week 38 liao.
i just think this is first bb and difficult to deliver natural if i wait out.. but we never really know.. we just have to monitor movements.

is there a saying baby boy is heavier at birth.

For me i use herbs boiled in water. Will use that then mix with v hot tap water.

Leocub, how will it aafect the latch leh?

My mum use ginger and lemon grass to boil in water to bath.. i will use hot water to shower 1st then use the ginger, lemon grass water

Hi all! I have popped!

All natural without epidural. :) 3.2kg @38 weeks.

To the rest of the mummies, jia you!

Congrats popie!!!

Wah. I'm still counting down leh. Now baby estimate is 3.2kg also, today just saw gynae. I'm 38 weeks 3 days. Dilate 1cm but no labour signs so she say I can go back first. Then try to walk more to bring my labour forward. Cos I also scared baby too big!! Haha.

Can share with me how you cope with your labour? And how did it start off? Show/contractions/waterbag break? Haha.

I'm feeling more and more anxious as the days pass.

Back