(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

blur blur...dont pump it too empty..then slowly the ss will drop. But it will affect the latch leh.

Mommies, can i check during your confinement, do you use boiled water to mix into the herbal bath or just hot water from the tap can alr? Thanks.

My mum and other mummies fren boil the herbs and pour into the pail with HOT tap water.

Little fish. When is ur bb's next follow up with pd? I think shld call in and ask for follow up soon. Bb less than 1 mth don't sleep for so long (5-8hrs?) try to wake bb. Do you swaddle bb? If you do, remove swaddle. Bb sleep with swaddle too comfortable already. Sure sleep v long.

If your nipple looks yellowish and it is the one that is sore, might be pus. Go see LC. If serious they will refer to ur gyne.

My little one jaundice level hit 18.4! She is hospitalise, pretty upset but I know the hospital will get her well soon.

After enduring sore nipples, engorgement and pain when bb suckle, today I managed to express 100ml from both side.
So 1st time mummies your determination will pay off eventually.

PD told us that we may need to increase the milk feed for bb after 1 week. Week 2-3 is the growth spurts said feed abt 60ml-90ml! We have to check if after every 2-3hr feed is bb turnin left & right mouth open wide wife wanting more milk try to increase 10ml by 10ml fm (direct latch on may not be able to tell, this info is more for fm/expressed milk)
Yes, I have supplement fm to increase bb fluid intake since I need to monitor how much of fluid bb take?

My little one jaundice level hit 18.4! She is hospitalise, pretty upset but I know the hospital will get her well soon.

After enduring sore nipples, engorgement and pain when bb suckle, today I managed to express 100ml from both side.

PD told us that we may need to increase the milk feed for bb after 1 week. Week 2-3 is the growth spurts said feed abt 60ml-90ml! We have to check if after every 2-3hr feed is bb turnin left & right mouth open wide wife wanting more milk try to increase 10ml by 10ml fm (direct latch on may not be able to tell, this info is more for fm/expressed milk)
Yes, I have supplement fm to increase bb fluid intake since I need to monitor how much of fluid bb take?
Oh .. It seems that my girl is undergoing a growth spurt.. She is taking 60ml every 2 hrs these few days. I thought of increasing the volume to 70ml next week.

My baby was just admitted too for jaundice. Her level is 21. So heart broken to see her admitted at 5 days old :'(

Congrats @popie!! Yes pls share your birth story.

Thanks mummies in the pointer of mixing herbs with hot tap water. I will be using prepack herbal bath mix bought from the medical hall. Think it's called Da-AI-cao. Not sure if it need to be boiled before mixing with tap water. Will check it out tml.

Like the rest who haven't pop.. I m in the waiting game too.

Those bb with jaundice don't worry too much. It's v common & I m sure the hospi will provide good care for them.

Ok. Here is my birth story.

I was woken from sleep by contraction pains. Went toilet to pee. Then realize I have stomach pain. That was at abt 4am in the morning. So I lie down and started counting contractions. Which was at abt 5min interval each time lasting abt 1min. And the pain was like cramps, and it runs down the front of my thighs. Nothing on the back yet. Called labour hotline and told me to admit. No show or any other symptoms at this point in time.

Upon admission it was abt 530am. By then there was show but water bag still in tact. They asked if I needed pain relief. My pain was still bearable. So I declined after they chkd dilation to be at 5cm.

By abt 7am I think, they burst water bag and the contractions was already getting stronger and closer. Then I hit 7cm dilation and there was the urge to push. So midwife helped me massage and then I pushed my first push. Gyne also came along then. By 8am I was fully dilated and then pain at every contraction was just madness. Thankfully that didn't last very long. 3 big pushes and bb was out! :)

That was the end of my labour. Hehe. When I heard bb cry for the first time I was just so relief. Cos when she was crowned it was very uncomfortable and painful. Needed my strength to push her out. But I had to hold my breath and really push hard. Plus early morning admission, I was really hungry when pushing. I hvnt eaten very much breakfast. Hehe. After delivery I was nothing but hungry. Hehe.

My baby was just admitted too for jaundice. Her level is 21. So heart broken to see her admitted at 5 days old :'(

Admission to do phototherapy?
Don't be sad. At least there is professional help to monitor. Usually phototherapy is v effective. The levels will drop drastically. after that its all abt hydrating baby. My #1 was photo for 2 days cos jaundice was v stubborn. Refused to come down. Baby couldn't be discharged too. I had to go home forst. then run around feeding baby and dealing with engorgement cos bb not with me to latch. Now pray hard #3 won't get it. I will know later today.

@popie wah your labour quite fast #3 huh? Mine is #2. Hopefully can be as fast as yours. Haha.
Hoping I can tahan also. Lol. Keeping fingers crossed!!

@leoclub, this is the point that I am unhappy abt.why ask me sleep overnight and wait for cervix to open . should advise induced and early delivery.i end up paying for the ward and excess hrs usage of the labour ward.so unhappy with them...

Confinement is another nightmare.i didnt wash hair and bath for 1 week.the hair still smell after I take my 1st bath... today is just 4th day and same thing.sweat and sour. Must bath...buay da han...

Jaundice for newborn bb is normal dont worry,my little one had it also.early morning around 8:30-9am about 15 min expose ur bb to d sun wearing only diapers.it helps a lot.

Admission to do phototherapy?
Don't be sad. At least there is professional help to monitor. Usually phototherapy is v effective. The levels will drop drastically. after that its all abt hydrating baby. My #1 was photo for 2 days cos jaundice was v stubborn. Refused to come down. Baby couldn't be discharged too. I had to go home forst. then run around feeding baby and dealing with engorgement cos bb not with me to latch. Now pray hard #3 won't get it. I will know later today.
Phototheraphy really helps a lot also,for 2 ntes we been using it.it may look uncomfortable for d bb but its ok.its a big help the phototheraphy

Confinement is another nightmare.i didnt wash hair and bath for 1 week.the hair still smell after I take my 1st bath... today is just 4th day and same thing.sweat and sour. Must bath...buay da han...

I wash my hair every alternate day.. Wipe body everyday . Cannot tahan the oiliness and stickiness. I feel good after a good bathe.

I wash my hair every alternate day.. Wipe body everyday . Cannot tahan the oiliness and stickiness. I feel good after a good bathe.

@lala, I bath before lunch.After lunch sweat and sweat. Same smell...1st week no wash hair.hair so smelly.when my wound recover then maybe I bath more often.

@popie wah your labour quite fast #3 huh? Mine is #2. Hopefully can be as fast as yours. Haha.
Hoping I can tahan also. Lol. Keeping fingers crossed!!

No leh. My #2 also fast. :) 2hrs all done. Pushed bb out the moment gyne sat on her chair. But think cos I was walking alot. Cos v busy at work. Went into labour on my last day of work.

This one also surprisingly quite fast. My #1 was just too slowzzzzz.

My personal take, if when you go in to hospital dilated less than 6cm n you already can't take the pain just go for epidural. If not you cannot tahan till the end, end up v complicated, you don't get to enjoy your birth process. ESP for first time mummies cos nvr experienced before. Don't b too garang. Hehe.

@popie, congrats... ur bb same weight as mine.but mine is 37week 5d.i tink cos I m gestational diabetes so bb is bigger... welcome to motherhood...

Thanks kitty! So long as bb out, healthy ok. 3.2kg is a good weight. Not too big also. Don't worry. My #2 also 38wk 3kg. I had GD too. #3 no GD but birth weight at 38wk is 3.2kg.

will there be a possibility when we can miss the time to deliver? no such thing right. like i feel stomach pain at night and continue to sleep. wake up the feeling no more. the stomach pain is quite painful one.. i didnt count is it on and off cos i was too tired..

No leh. My #2 also fast. :) 2hrs all done. Pushed bb out the moment gyne sat on her chair. But think cos I was walking alot. Cos v busy at work. Went into labour on my last day of work.

This one also surprisingly quite fast. My #1 was just too slowzzzzz.

My personal take, if when you go in to hospital dilated less than 6cm n you already can't take the pain just go for epidural. If not you cannot tahan till the end, end up v complicated, you don't get to enjoy your birth process. ESP for first time mummies cos nvr experienced before. Don't b too garang. Hehe.

You are my idol!! wish my labour this time can be short too. But you keep track of all the labour signs. For me, i'm still trying to figure out what is hardening and contractions.
Have a good confinement. All you mommies rock!

You are my idol!! wish my labour this time can be short too. But you keep track of all the labour signs. For me, i'm still trying to figure out what is hardening and contractions.
Have a good confinement. All you mommies rock!

Haha. U say until like that I shy....

No lah. I also duno. Call labour ward and chk lor. First baby I also sotong, came in then realize not contraction. Sounds easy hor when I say. But actually pain lor. Most importantly stay focused on breathing. Don't kan cheong when pain comes. Deep breathing. Prayer works for me too. Husband pray beside me... I breathe and sing in my head. Hehe.

Easy way to keep track of labour pains is if you feel menstrual cramp like pains. Usually it will pain for abt 1 minute then the pain will stop. You will feel very comfortable. The pain will come on again then stop. Very regular one. You stay calm. Monitor for about half and hour. Just lie down or sit down. Make yourself comfortable. It shld get more n more regular. And get stronger and stronger. And interval shorter and shorter.

What the pros and cons for direct latch on and bottle feed?
After birth at hospital which is the suitable option?

Direct latch no need wash bottles!!! Haha.

But most importantly direct latch help to stimulate milk flow. Also builds bond between mummy and baby.

I duno about other hospitals but the one I am in is very supportive of bf. they allow bb to room in. Or if not they will wheel bb back to room everytime bb needs to latch. If bb is done you can ask them to wheel bb back so you can rest.

Latching is a skill that both bb and mummy needs to learn and needs practice. Ask lactation consultant for help before discharge so they can guide you.

I bathe & wash hair on 6th day follows by quick shower everyday, wash hair on every 3/4 days. Hair same as you, still smelly after that. This is my last week of confinement, decided not to bathe everyday from now.

Got gastric pain cos low appetite. Now force myself to snack in between meals. So ironic, during preg eat non stop. Now, can't eat!

My leg got cramp also, not sure is it due to 'wind' got into body during bath so decide to stop bathe for this last week.

Recently got no time to post. My 2yo is so clingy and so many 'new pattern' so got to juggle between her and a new born...

Lots of mummies here had popped!... Congrats!!

@popie Congrats!! Read your birth story, well done mummy!

Same same here.. Just boil the herbs then mix with hot tap water. I bath alternate day, in btw wipe with hot towel. Everyday countdown to end my confinement..

Me too counting down to my gal full month this Saturday..kekeke;)

After that I'll bathe as usual but will still eat confinement food for another 10days plus wear socks during bed time.

Just to share my gal's pic , today @ 24 days old :) weighs 4.2kg (birth weigth 2.95kg)

2014-10-14 14.42.45.jpg

will there be a possibility when we can miss the time to deliver? no such thing right. like i feel stomach pain at night and continue to sleep. wake up the feeling no more. the stomach pain is quite painful one.. i didnt count is it on and off cos i was too tired..

Don't worry, not possible. If it's time to deliver, you cannot go back to sleep already, and the pain will only go away when baby is out ;)

Chinese physician say its very nutritious. My cousin send it for encapsulation.her face glow.but when I ask my gynae, he say no scientific prove abt this.I didnt keep also cos I dunno whether I will get back my own placenta also...

She is so cute. Feel like pinching her cheeks.until now I haven really play with my gal. Just start spray salt on wound. Recovery rate is slow.i end up pumping milk out.tiring....

@agaga

Your little girl chubby chubby v sweet looking and cute. One look can see is girl girl.
@ kitty kitty

I did not keep the placenta

Wow u can endure for a week! I cant. I bath with those herbs after discharged. But for hair I only washed 3x throughout confinement. weather too hot and need to bath:)

Ok. Here is my birth story.

I was woken from sleep by contraction pains. Went toilet to pee. Then realize I have stomach pain. That was at abt 4am in the morning. So I lie down and started counting contractions. Which was at abt 5min interval each time lasting abt 1min. And the pain was like cramps, and it runs down the front of my thighs. Nothing on the back yet. Called labour hotline and told me to admit. No show or any other symptoms at this point in time.

Upon admission it was abt 530am. By then there was show but water bag still in tact. They asked if I needed pain relief. My pain was still bearable. So I declined after they chkd dilation to be at 5cm.

By abt 7am I think, they burst water bag and the contractions was already getting stronger and closer. Then I hit 7cm dilation and there was the urge to push. So midwife helped me massage and then I pushed my first push. Gyne also came along then. By 8am I was fully dilated and then pain at every contraction was just madness. Thankfully that didn't last very long. 3 big pushes and bb was out! :)

That was the end of my labour. Hehe. When I heard bb cry for the first time I was just so relief. Cos when she was crowned it was very uncomfortable and painful. Needed my strength to push her out. But I had to hold my breath and really push hard. Plus early morning admission, I was really hungry when pushing. I hvnt eaten very much breakfast. Hehe. After delivery I was nothing but hungry. Hehe.

So inspiring! Really hope to be as strong as u when my time comes. Btw congrats dear! ;)

@agaga

So chubby, baby.. Lots of hair too. Envy leh.. :) my LO not much hair same as with my #1. So this round we plan to shave her botak. Hehe! Any advised where we can get a pro hairstylist to trim newborn baby hair? Or any hair salon will do?

Our baby is born on same day. This sat full month? That's almost end of yr confinement. Happy hor? My last day of confinement is next Monday. 6 days more to go.. Oh Ya! During baby full month, what will u do? Cook red eggs? Or others?

I followed traditional way that totally Never wash my hair.. Hehe! Only use Klorane dry shampoo every alternate days. Use herbal baths every alternate day..

I'm a 1st time mummy. Becos everyday I'm anticipating for the contraction but most of the time is braxton hicks which has long interval and hardening. For birth contraction, it has interval like 5-10min or shorter interval.
For me, my pain is from surging from thighs to butt to my back. Causing very bad or rather horrible backache which I can't lie/sit/walk properly. I didn't experience menstrual cramp.

OB commented is due to my bb facing upward hence I experience backache.

Strangely, nurses didn't ask me to return even though my dilation is 1cm think my contraction interval is quite close.

What the pros and cons for direct latch on and bottle feed?
After birth at hospital which is the suitable option?
Direct latch on
Pros - bonding with bb, simulate breast milk.
Cons - You can't tell how much bb is drinking.

Bottle feed
Pros - You can tell how much bb is drinking and increase bb intake specifically, hubby or anyone can feed.
Cons - spend time on expressing milk.

Back