(2014/09) September 2014

hi all,

i finally managed to find sep mummies! i'm expecting my #2 and my EDD is 4 Sep. seeing dr ben tham and delivering in tmc..

any mummies same as me? :)

Hi fellow sept mummies, anyone planning to keep their placenta for encapsulation ?

eh, we did ask our gynae abt this before. according to him, it's just protein and the animal world do that because that's their only food source..

Hi ladies,

I am new to this forum. My EDD is on the first week of Sept!
I am looking through different hospitals maternity packages.
Looking at mount elizabeth novena as my gynae is situated over there or may consider Gleneagles.
Can I check with you guys, if you can advise me on this.
I am deciding to go for Elective C section.
Under Gleneagles package, it says single room 3 days = $4900.
Then you use medisave + pre visits to deduct = $3950.
So the balance to pay is $1k++ cash top up.
But I would like to know, does this package include the padectrician fees who standby when you are delivering?
The anaetetist fees? The operating theatre fees?

I know it excludes doctor fees and nursery fees.

Can you guys also share with me roughly how much you guys paid for the maternity package at the clinic after 16 weeks pregnancy? And what does it include? Pills, ultrasound?

Thank you very much!

Sorry ladies, I would like to know this also.

Let say you go to TMC to see a gynae but he can operate on all hospitals, so you choose Gleneagles.
And when you delivered, and stay in hospital 2 days, the gynae come back to hospital to check u, do they actually charge you? Like outpatient fees? Or this should be included in his doctor's fees?

Or if the gynae is at mount Elizabeth and you go mount elizabeth to give birth.
Then the doctor come and check on you, will he charge you?

Sorry to ask this, as my gynae is actually charging me $200/per visit as outpatient.
But I just feel that if I going to be discharged, he needs to come back and sign the discharge release paper, so why is he charging this?

Is this a standard practice?
Can someone advise?

Thank u!

Loveparadox , actually I have not heard that gynae w charge u an additional outpatient fees. For my first pregnancy my glenegles based dr delivered my baby at mount A. The dr fees are in one overall amount. .no separate charges for individual visit that he see me daily for the 2-3 days I was there. ....

Looks like quite a no are seeing Dr Ben Tham... Im one of them too... :)

Anyway, anyone here having difficulties in swallowing pills? Since young i do not know how to swallow pills... :(
May i check what can be replace with calcium? Formula milk powder issit good enough?
currently im taking kids gummies fish oil to replace and double up the dosage..

Oh ok then a stranger has been added into the group :/

Anyway I've added again, do look out for an email invite (may be in spam/junk/other folder) :)

hahaha...no worries not stranger...i was so blur i gave my own other email account...STM kicking in

Back