(2014/08) August 2014

Just turned week 34 today and am experiencing pain at the back of my pelvis but only on the right side. It's making my movement slow as it kinda hurts to walk.. am really waddling big time now...

Just went to see gynae on Sat, am in my 34 weeks now and bb is 1.8kg as of last Sat.
Guess no point giving myself too much stress, even thou he still mention that bb is on the smaller scale.
Lol, realised there's two major camps here - either worried abt bb too big or worried abt bb too small :p

Shall eat as per normal and will take chocolate & durian as and when :D

Yeah I'm not gg to the bb fair this weekend, think we gotta be mindful since we're in 3rd tri already, and dunno how crazy the crowd might be.
The fair in April/May was an eye-opener for hubby and me!

Any advice or tips for easy tear nippple?
Its my 1st pregnancy and now wk 34, hopefully when breastfeeding nipple will not tear else bb will be drinking my blood too

can try using a nipple shield. can buy from hospital, juz let nurse know u need one, if necessary.

I went to the NTUC near my home and saw that Pigeon is having 20% off on their products :). For those who are keen to stock up without gg too far.

Btw, do you mommies think it's necessary to do Brazilian wax? My friend said the hospital will shave off for you... mmm is that true?

Yes they will shave for u. But it's a very quick affair.. like less than 1 minute.. so dun expect it to look nice. Lol

i realized i not part of the Aug mommies FB. can add me too! [email protected]:)

Anyway thanks mommies for all the comments for cord blood! shall discuss with hubby again..

It shows that 'The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group.'
Maybe you wanna check on your junk mail whether did you receive any invitation.

and btw, if you wish to go waxing now, it will be super painful cos it is very sensitive now.

It shows that 'The person you are trying to invite was already invited to this group.'
Maybe you wanna check on your junk mail whether did you receive any invitation.

and btw, if you wish to go waxing now, it will be super painful cos it is very sensitive now.
thanks @J.Lau 'cos my hotmail crashed that time so everything is gone.... wheni log on now i dont have any email notification....;( how ah...

Tot have been like that since first found out pregnant? :p

no leh.. my stomach feels squashed now.. keep having heartburn & burping.. like something stuck in the throat like that.. wanna eat but very xin ku, dare not eat too much.. but i've been taking lots of small but high calorie food like cakes, etc.. so no weight loss.. hahah..

no leh.. my stomach feels squashed now.. keep having heartburn & burping.. like something stuck in the throat like that.. wanna eat but very xin ku, dare not eat too much.. but i've been taking lots of small but high calorie food like cakes, etc.. so no weight loss.. hahah..

hmmmm.... I didn't experience that though... but the tingling/numbness at my right rib cage is getting more and more frequent.

Anyone has any comments about drinking coconut water? now im 35weeks +, isit safe to drink it now...cos my aunty just bought 4 from Msia... just had one though... damn refreshing!

Its my 1st pregnancy and now wk 34, hopefully when breastfeeding nipple will not tear else bb will be drinking my blood too

Wow, haven log in for a while.
Long read.. i am coming 35wk now. Edd 9aug.
Last visit at 33k. Baby weight abt 2.1kg

JL72,
This reminds me of my #01.
After first day of learning to latch. DAY2 onwards Sore nipples, bleed, engorged la, etc... real bàd breastfeeding journey for me.
I think my nipples skin is thin..
But i didnt give up.. cannot latch, so pump out. Pain also have to pump. Till my nipples recovered then try latch again.

You can try medela nipple cream. Is gd. U can try to apply it 1-2wks before delivery for prevention.

This 4-6july got baby fair at expo. Can go stock pampers.
If robinson/jl got 20% and woth member disc, is cheaper than fair.

For infant milk powder, get 1 to standby is gd. But u can try to give the brand u want in hospital first. They got the samples. If baby ok, and ask hubby go buy. If your bf supply not in yet.

I heard that Robinsons is having card members' day next Wed..

Anyway. Did you all buy a diaper changing unit?
Any comments on what to look out for? Anyone used the Cosatto Changing Station?

Wow, haven log in for a while.
Long read.. i am coming 35wk now. Edd 9aug.
Last visit at 33k. Baby weight abt 2.1kg

JL72,
This reminds me of my #01.
After first day of learning to latch. DAY2 onwards Sore nipples, bleed, engorged la, etc... real bàd breastfeeding journey for me.
I think my nipples skin is thin..
But i didnt give up.. cannot latch, so pump out. Pain also have to pump. Till my nipples recovered then try latch again.

You can try medela nipple cream. Is gd. U can try to apply it 1-2wks before delivery for prevention.

This 4-6july got baby fair at expo. Can go stock pampers.
If robinson/jl got 20% and woth member disc, is cheaper than fair.

For infant milk powder, get 1 to standby is gd. But u can try to give the brand u want in hospital first. They got the samples. If baby ok, and ask hubby go buy. If your bf supply not in yet.

@ Prisann:
Think I can start applying nipple cream now to strengthen my nipple skin..cos I dont wana miss the bond when baby is out. Thanks for the advice and I will get 1 soonest!

Yes I have a diaper changing table from ikea. Would recommend to get it instead of changing the baby on ur bed because it will break ur back..

Anyone has any comments about drinking coconut water? now im 35weeks +, isit safe to drink it now...cos my aunty just bought 4 from Msia... just had one though... damn refreshing!
I'm 33 wk now, I had 2 since last wk. I'm advised to take 1 per week. But I only took half portion each time for now.

@Didy - haha you're so funny! How's the IKEA one? You set it up yourself? My only concern is it doesn't have wheels.. Scared heavy.

Thanks for all your feedback on sterilizers and wipes!! Now.. To wait for Robinsons's cardmembers' day!!

Dear ladies who asked me to add you all, I can only add people in my friend list into the group.
As far as I know, this FB group is a secret group therefore even if you found the group in FB, you also cannot join unless u are being invited.

I would suggest you give me 2 email address if possible so I can try the other 1 if the first 1 u gave doesn't work.

Which brand of

1. Baby laundry detergent
2. Liquid washing detergent
3. Baby wipes
4. Milk bottles

Would you ladies recommend? Where do you all usually buy from and how much?
Anything to note when purchasing?

Thanks!!

1. Baby laundry detergent - kodomo
2. Liquid washing detergent - pigeon
3. Baby wipes - nuk
4. Milk bottles - medela, avent, tommee tippee

I don't have any preference I just grab whatever I can get from kiddy palace lol! the medela bottle from freestyle breastpump bundle, avent bottle from steriliser bundle, tommee tippee is the only one I bought separately as my colleague highly recommended it due to the anti colic function :p

I heard from friend that the bottle preference is really depending on your BB hence I feel that no harm having more than 1 brand to test out which brand your BB like ^_^ you can buy more later on when you know which one the BB prefer~

I bought medela nipple shields just in case mine turn sore :p
1st time mum also so kiasu abit lol

Just turned week 34 today and am experiencing pain at the back of my pelvis but only on the right side. It's making my movement slow as it kinda hurts to walk.. am really waddling big time now...

I totally feel you :( I am on week 35 and I have this numbness on my right thigh since week 32... it hurts so much to walk with this burning sensation on my legs... I am planning to take cab to work for these last few weeks... otherwise I am afraid I will fall down on the street

Just went to see gynae on Sat, am in my 34 weeks now and bb is 1.8kg as of last Sat.
Guess no point giving myself too much stress, even thou he still mention that bb is on the smaller scale.
Lol, realised there's two major camps here - either worried abt bb too big or worried abt bb too small :p

Shall eat as per normal and will take chocolate & durian as and when :D

Yeah I'm not gg to the bb fair this weekend, think we gotta be mindful since we're in 3rd tri already, and dunno how crazy the crowd might be.
The fair in April/May was an eye-opener for hubby and me!

I kinda envy you coz you still can eat lots of food to increase bb weight! I am on the contrary...my bb is already 2.8kg at week 34 and my gynae asked me to cut down on carbo and sugar if I want natural birth...this is killing me!!

I drank 2 last weeks and 1 this week already :p just turn week 35...I think I am overdosing lol...maybe 1 per week is good enough :)

I m 35 weeks and oso drinking as well. Yummy. I ate the meat too cos cannot resist.

I kinda envy you coz you still can eat lots of food to increase bb weight! I am on the contrary...my bb is already 2.8kg at week 34 and my gynae asked me to cut down on carbo and sugar if I want natural birth...this is killing me!!

Not good also leh, cos' gynae said the weight seems to come to me rather than bb..
So I will eat here n there, but cannot over-do it also haha...

Ahh ok, so week 34/35 onwards u ladies start taking coconut water liao?
Shall go buy this weekend then :)

Any of u taking raspberry leaf tea soon?
Supposedly will help in contractions?

I haven't start on coconut. I dun wan baby to come out too early... so I think I will start only after 37 weeks.

Queensg, my diaper changing table from ikea is from my #1 time. My hubby set it up. Why need wheels? My house is not very big la...

Question.... I always heard people say drink coconut water towards the end of pregnancy but nobody can tell me the exact reason.
Can anyone of you tell me?

One of my fren told me that it is to clean the baby so when baby come out, don't have that white white thing covering it.
But isn't that white white thing act like a lubricate so ur baby will come out easier?

I went for my pre-natal class and the they said that white white thing is actually good for the baby.

Question.... I always heard people say drink coconut water towards the end of pregnancy but nobody can tell me the exact reason.
Can anyone of you tell me?

One of my fren told me that it is to clean the baby so when baby come out, don't have that white white thing covering it.
But isn't that white white thing act like a lubricate so ur baby will come out easier?

I went for my pre-natal class and the they said that white white thing is actually good for the baby.

Hi J.Lau, no lah the coconut juice is that baby come out wun so bloody, like clean clean. I drank that and my baby come out ready very clean only got blood around cord. Mine was a natural birth without epidural :)

I really salute n envy all mummies who went thru natural birth without epidural. This is my 1st pregnancy, I hope I can do that too.

Wah I also salute those ladies with epidural!! I'm also first time mom so not sure how pain is that pain!!

I also heard raspberry tea leaf!... But I haven start on it... Also wondering isit really useful?

For the coconut water I also worry will induce labor early.... Yikes! But since my Aunty bot so I just drink... Haha

haha actually can de lah. pain is pain lah. but once baby out all is well ardy. i hv alot of frens with epidural suffer from backaches after tat so i insist dun wan, cos i ardy hv backache probs before preg.. coconut dun drink too early. mayb abt 37 weeks den start drink. one week once ok le.. dun drink too much will leg cramp :p

i'm into my 35wk now... have started taking 1 coconut each week since 32wk...
these 2 days have been taking a few durians coz bb only 2.1kg @ 34wk..
i took red raspberry leaf tea for my first pregnancy.. in labour for about 2 hours only.. i personally think drinking RRLT helps..
for my pregnancy this time i took RRLT twice a week when 2nd tri started.. but stopped for the past month coz i ran out of tea bags..
will be starting to drink again next week after i get my tea bags.. :)

Back