(2014/08) August 2014

Oops.. J.Lau can I trouble you to add me again?
I couldn't access after moving on to my laptop from my mobile. And the link has expired!
So sorry!! Thanks!

Hi luvyz don't be disheartened. My gynae also noticed my bp gg up at 32 weeks. He said could be due to my blood sugar issue. I gg to see him Tom so may be placed on medication too.

Hi all.. don't worry ya.. I have been on HBP pills since the start of my pregnancy and every check up. My blood pressure is always on the higher side. As long baby growing well and we well taken care by our gynae.. don't have to worry too much. . Be positive ya.. almost can see the finish line...

Oops.. J.Lau can I trouble you to add me again?
I couldn't access after moving on to my laptop from my mobile. And the link has expired!
So sorry!! Thanks!

I think once I have sent the invite, I can't resend again.
It will show that this person has been invited to the group already.

Any body suffering from back pain? I'm in week 33 and its getting pretty unbearable, anybody has any ideas for relief?

My tummy is getting more n more itchy. Applied cream n oil still the same. How can I stop it? Make me so frustrated especially when sleeping. Arghhh. ...

Any body suffering from back pain? I'm in week 33 and its getting pretty unbearable, anybody has any ideas for relief?

lower back? try swimming, yoga stretches or prenatal massage? worse come to worse, ask doc for pain relief cream.

My tummy is getting more n more itchy. Applied cream n oil still the same. How can I stop it? Make me so frustrated especially when sleeping. Arghhh. ...
Mine is like yours, super itchy.
And I think those red stretch marks are going to appear soon. I slapped alot of moisturiser cream in my tummy (navel area) and let the wind blow dry.
Funny thing is when the shirt is dwn at night, super uncomfy and itchy. What I did was exposed tummy and feels better. I cannot be bothered already. Anything to make me comfy.

Hi all. Any suggestions?

I currently stay with my in laws. We got our new place earlier this year but because I'm pregnant, we agreed to listen to the elders' advice not to renovate due to their superstitions.

Now, the house behind my in laws, which my room faces, is being torn down and to be rebuilt. Works started last week.. Just hammering and drilling to put up the structure around the plot of land at the moment. I don't and can't imagine how it would be when hacking and piling take place.

I have considered short term residential stays to serviced apartments, but I feel it doesn't make sense as the money can be better used for my own place's reno? To hasten things, we also met with our contractor over the weekend. But we haven't got permission to renovate/haven't informed any of the elders that we have discussed reno plans. In any case, I'm due in 8 weeks' time and it would be crazy settling reno and handing over work now.

Any suggestions? I've also considered sound proofing windows, but my contractor said there's no use cos its just right outside my window. Nor would there be any use for rooms further away from the backyard because sound/vibration travels through the ground too.

Annoyed that I have to deal with this at this time... With a baby and confinement nanny coming in.

Oh.. My parents' place is also out. Two condos and BTO are being built just 100m or less across from their place. At least I was advised not to return back to their home too. Hawhaw.

Are you trying for natural? I think 2.8kg at wk 35 is okay leh...just control diet abit jiayou!

no, going for csect.. coz #1 is emergency csect, don't wanna risk VBAC.. also my gynae say abit big if wanna try for natural..

my #1 was 2.8kg at 37W+ & 3.23kg when delivered at 38W+.. so for #2, 2.8kg at 35W sounds abit biggish?

I went for my 36weeks check yest and baby was 3KG! But gynae didn't comment much about the weight... Think he'll monitor as the next 1-2 weeks... Anyway I've opt for natural... Feel like csect seem a longer recovery...plus more exp also...o_O

Hi all. Any suggestions?

I currently stay with my in laws. We got our new place earlier this year but because I'm pregnant, we agreed to listen to the elders' advice not to renovate due to their superstitions.

Now, the house behind my in laws, which my room faces, is being torn down and to be rebuilt. Works started last week.. Just hammering and drilling to put up the structure around the plot of land at the moment. I don't and can't imagine how it would be when hacking and piling take place.

I have considered short term residential stays to serviced apartments, but I feel it doesn't make sense as the money can be better used for my own place's reno? To hasten things, we also met with our contractor over the weekend. But we haven't got permission to renovate/haven't informed any of the elders that we have discussed reno plans. In any case, I'm due in 8 weeks' time and it would be crazy settling reno and handing over work now.

Any suggestions? I've also considered sound proofing windows, but my contractor said there's no use cos its just right outside my window. Nor would there be any use for rooms further away from the backyard because sound/vibration travels through the ground too.

Annoyed that I have to deal with this at this time... With a baby and confinement nanny coming in.

Oh.. My parents' place is also out. Two condos and BTO are being built just 100m or less across from their place. At least I was advised not to return back to their home too. Hawhaw.

Is there any rm at ur in laws pl which is not facing the reno/piling. When my no 1 pop, there was new blk which was being built... but it was abt 400-600m away from my pl. What I did was I placed bb in the other rm with confinement nanny, which is not facing the piling and digging.

Hope this helps.

@your_attorney - Yeah there is. Their room. They have offered. I went over today in the afternoon, shut the door and windows but I can still hear the hammering and drilling. My contractor also did minor reno in my in laws' place before we got married.. So he said even if I sound proof my in laws' room also no use cos its just at our backyard. Sound can still travel. Very annoyed that I have to deal with this now!

@your_attorney - Yeah there is. Their room. They have offered. I went over today in the afternoon, shut the door and windows but I can still hear the hammering and drilling. My contractor also did minor reno in my in laws' place before we got married.. So he said even if I sound proof my in laws' room also no use cos its just at our backyard. Sound can still travel. Very annoyed that I have to deal with this now!

How much to sound proof? Think if it can be done quickly n at reasonable costs it sounds like this is the most feasible plan so far with air con switched on.

Do u have any frens who stay in big houses? Maybe if they generous can borrow a room at least for first two months :p as plan B.

Plan C can be serviced apartment if really necessary. Confinement period is quite important for mummy to recuperate and regain strength. Actually in countries like china they have confinement center where mummies check in and stay one month there.

maybe u can check with ur neighbour when the hammering & piling will end & if they can speed it up? hopefully the worst will be over by the time u pop.

if not move to ur parents place? I think construction 100m away is better than juz next door. I stay in punggol area & there's construction going on 100m left, right, center, whole day & night. but so far noise level still quite tolerable.

don't think advisable to rush thro the reno for ur own place now ba. reno a lot of things to handle. still muz take care of the furnishings, make sure livable condition etc. too stressful liao ba.

Last edited:
You may want to consider the option of service apartment because having a good and peaceful environment for the first 2 months is impt for baby and mummy. It's money worth spending if there isn't any other better options.

There is a few options
1) try writing to hdb n explain ur situation and blk. Tell them to hack n dig other area further away from your blk first. Only for 1 mth, and they are not delaying their wk, just dig n heck another area first,
2) you have relatives right, see if they are ok to lend you a rm. One of my relative lent us their whole unit(unit for rental) when my parents renovated the whole hse foc.
3) u have siblings who haf their own pl, can borrow their pl for confinement.

As much as we need rest, we oso need extra help (be it eyes or hands). I will give and take. Maybe close the door and switched on aircon for 1 mth till confinement is over.
Another thing, the hecking and drilling not whole day....

@your_attorney - in laws stay landed. So the noise is cannot siam from anywhere in the house. Their construction working hours are from 830am to 6pm, mon to sat.

Considered one relative who has a vacant HDB flat. But she's very particular abt cleanliness and cannot cook in her house.
Don't have siblings with own place yet.

Mil agreed to allow us to clean and paint (previously cannot) the new place. Moving in with basic furniture within the next few weeks. When neighbour's works over at PIL's side gets quieter when they are doing up the interiors.. We will move back and reno our own place.

Crunch time ahead............

I read abt why I have pain ard pelvic, groin and rectum area and the book says this is normal for 3rd tri.
What to expect when you are expecting - book name

yah I know it's normal. juz wondering if there's anything that can help make me more comfortable. below so sore until have trouble turning in bed when sleeping & walking. :(

I started using a support belt today. abit obiang (quite thick & can show up under clothings), but seems to help abit bit.

wish that time can pass faster. really no mood to work..

I'm getting that these few days too.. does it mean that baby is engaged?

probably so ba. bb seems to have dropped/engaged. getting lesser heartburn, but more pressure/soreness in V area. I hope labour don't start prematurely.

My gynae says its normal to feel the pressure and soreness and mild cramp. I am crossing my fingers and telling bb to stay till edd.. mommy still needs to work! Hahaha

How to know? My stomach has drooped down. No more perky already. At 32W plus now.
I experienced cramping on my front left pelvic area yesterday..

My friend edd 1st wk Aug but had already delivered last Sunday..
My due is 2nd wk of Aug..hopefully not so soon! Early Aug is good enough as I've planned my leave..

yah I know it's normal. juz wondering if there's anything that can help make me more comfortable. below so sore until have trouble turning in bed when sleeping & walking. :(

I started using a support belt today. abit obiang (quite thick & can show up under clothings), but seems to help abit bit.

wish that time can pass faster. really no mood to work..

Totally can understand how you feel really.
Remember I asked that question weeks before?

And surprisingly now *touch wood*, the pain is not as bad as weeks ago.
I didn't do anything though but sometimes warm shower helps.
Actually is warm bath lah but I don't have a bathtub at home so I make do with what I have lor.

Just don't open ur leg too wide even when walking. And when getting in/out of car, use both legs.

My friend edd 1st wk Aug but had already delivered last Sunday..
My due is 2nd wk of Aug..hopefully not so soon! Early Aug is good enough as I've planned my leave..

My EDD also 1st week of August...I think my BB has not engaged yet as my tummy is still perky right below my breast.
Ya cross finger BB stay till at least end of the month as I have planned my leave from 26th July onwards :p

Can almost see the finishing line!! Jiayou to all mummies!

Totally can understand how you feel really.
Remember I asked that question weeks before?

And surprisingly now *touch wood*, the pain is not as bad as weeks ago.
I didn't do anything though but sometimes warm shower helps.
Actually is warm bath lah but I don't have a bathtub at home so I make do with what I have lor.

Just don't open ur leg too wide even when walking. And when getting in/out of car, use both legs.

Agreed with J.Lau, don't attempt to walk fast and use very very small step...we are in our final month and any huge body movement can cause great pain to body :(
of course it's best to start resting at home at this stage but I guess everyone would rather continue working now and save more maternity leave to accompany BB lol...

My EDD also 1st week of August...I think my BB has not engaged yet as my tummy is still perky right below my breast.
Ya cross finger BB stay till at least end of the month as I have planned my leave from 26th July onwards :p

Yeah, I also hope baby can wait till aug so that its according to my leave plan..

I'm due 16 Aug. When I went for check up yesterday, doc mentioned baby is 50% engaged! But edd may still remain, though he mentioned nothing is confirmed!

Ahhhhhhhhhh my due date is also 16 aug but Gynae never mentioned baby engaged or not I also hope baby can stay in tummy till at least 38 weeks which is early aug.

I'm due 16 Aug. When I went for check up yesterday, doc mentioned baby is 50% engaged! But edd may still remain, though he mentioned nothing is confirmed!

erh what he mean by 50% engaged ah? did he say how long more to go after bb is engaged?

my tummy no more high/ perky liao. in fact colleagues juz commented that my tummy like suddenly grow so big!

I'm 35W now. hopefully can at least dong another 2 more weeks. keeping fingers crossed.

told my gynae that I wanted to schedule csect in the evening after 7pm. she was so reluctant & wanted to slap me with a $1k surcharge. sigh.

mummies planning for csect, what date & time will u be choosing?

Just went to Robinson's cardmembers' sale!
Pigeon and advent on 25% discount for regular priced items.. Can use with the discount coupons. Previously was 20% only!

Mustela 25%, nuk stuff 30%!
Medela 25% off! Except bundles!

Last edited:
Just went to Robinson's cardmembers' sale!
Pigeon and advent on 25% discount for regular priced items.. Can use with the discount coupons. Previously was 20% only!

Mustela 25%, nuk stuff 30%!
Medela 25% off! Except bundles!

Hi girl that's great news which Robinsons did u go? I was there at orchard today but didn't go :p. my fren said Robinsons orchard not much baby stuff so discouraged me from gg there.

erh what he mean by 50% engaged ah? did he say how long more to go after bb is engaged?

my tummy no more high/ perky liao. in fact colleagues juz commented that my tummy like suddenly grow so big!

I'm 35W now. hopefully can at least dong another 2 more weeks. keeping fingers crossed.
He says my little bubs is making her way down already and is 50% there.. he said that there isn't really a time on how long more to go before the little princess 100% engages into position. Can take days or even weeks..

My tummy was never high and perky! Was carrying low most of the time.. I'm 34 weeks! Hoping to last till my due date too. But she's already about 2.8kg now. Wonder how big will she be at 40 weeks!

Back